Based on the discussions raised >>8646
, we will be moving from the 'idea' stage to forming an official proposal for changes to the current board structure.
Our goal is to streamline and simplify the site so that each section is relevant, serves a definite purpose and is active and enjoyable for all current and future users.
As it stands, the proposal we most like and think will accomplish these goals is the following:
>/site/ - Site Issues
>/arch/ - Archives
>/pony/ - The Show
>/free/ - Anything Goes
>/oat/ - Off-Topic
>/fic/ - Fanfiction
>/rp/ - Roleplay
>/fan/ - Fanwork
1. /site/ would be unchanged.
2. /arch/ would be unchanged.
3. /pony/ would be largely unchanged. Perhaps some more allowance for less serious topics.
4. /free/ would be largely unchanged from what /anon/ currently is. We would ensure that /anon/ links would redirect to /free/ for anyone who heard about /anon/ previously.
5. /oat/ would be the home for all off-topic, all social serial (basically any recurring thread that isn't a General) and all general /oat/meal culture and /oat/ related things.
6. /fic/ would be unchanged.
7. /rp/ would be largely unchanged save for having /ooc/ merged back into it. All but the stickies on /ooc/ would be moved seamlessly back into /rp/.
8. /fan/ would primarily serve as a long-term home for threads that need to stick around without 404ing on faster boards - artist galleries, request and commission threads, any long term fan projects that wouldn't do well on /pony/, /free/ or /oat/.
A. /fic/ and /fan/ would retain their #Mature tag.
B. /free/ would remain with its current tag-or-spoiler paradigm.
C. /free/ would have its bump-limit increased to keep active threads on the front page longer.
D. I will suggest to the SysAdmin to implement a post+image count as well as the Page # feature of 4chanX
E. The above (D) will likely start being worked on once the Catalog is complete.