[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]

/rp/ - Roleplaying

The board for roleplaying and roleplaying discussion.
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Flags
Password (For file deletion.)

Site maintenance in progress! Posts made now may be lost.

Ponychan-MLPchan Merger >>>/site/15219

File: 1416089658990.jpg (187.54 KB, 1095x730, sachiel_by_cyrilou15-d6osmnd.j…)

Better Layton Never #47: Angel of Waters Edition Cameron 855585[Last 50 Posts]

#Ask/Invite #BLN #IC Thread

I AM. By license of he who is called I AM, I did come. On a blessed quest, my feet did stomp across the base earth. I did come, only for the cursed Lilim to strike me down with their Abomination.
And yet, I have come once more, unto this new world.
Yet... The world is quieter here. I hear not the siren call of my father, I AM, nor subtle whispers of my foes' mother, I THINK.
The quest is gone, I am left... incomplete, devoid of my destiny to become one with I AM to bring about a new world, free of the scourge of the Lilim, with their weak souls and corrupting cities.
And yet I find myself content to walk here, to listen to the song of the world, the soft singing of distant stars.
This world is full of the Lilim, yet I cannot bring myself to destroy them. This world belongs to them, to other strange races of unknown mothers and fathers, seeming to possess the fruit of knowledge I THINK, yet not born of Her.
This world is strange, vaster than it should be, harboring life when it should not, growing more and more on a daily basis when all the laws of the universe say it should not.
And yet it does.
I walk here, deep beneath the oceans of this world, the light of my soul shining out to the beasts of the waters, numerous in their numbers and forms.
I was the Covering of God. I am the Angel of Waters. I am Sachiel.
And I? Have come again, to this strange world of Rigel Prima.
For this is Better Layton Never.
This look fun to you? Check out the OOC thread first and let us know you're interested.
This post was edited by its author on .

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855629

File: 1416099211224.png (77.09 KB, 402x600, Bambi'sMomDied_AndSimba'sDad.p…)

Continuing

>>853574

>>853580

...

>Xion takes a small breath and looks forward, her earlier curiosity and attempt at helpfulness sizzling out as similarly as a campfire would die to a bucket of water.

>She focuses her attention ahead once more, focusing quietly on the large chameleon pulling their wagon rather than the two passengers nearby.

...

>She never particularly liked feeling left out of the loop, something Crona opted to do from time to time. It didn't take much thought to realize whatever the answer was, it probably wasn't very nice, but...


>While she never said much about it, it still bothered her regardless.


...

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855630

>>855629
>the Nord would shift slightly on his seat, looking up at the black swordsman
It should only be a two hours journey.
>he looks up at the dark cloud still hanging above them
We are in Drokauhwan soil now. You've picked your route quite wisely by coming through here, Drokauhwan roads are the safest in all of the land. Even if you find trouble by bandits, every path is well guarded.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855631

File: 1416100766047.png (358.05 KB, 1023x579, Dem Feels, Man....png)

>>855630

...right...

>having heard the prophecy about what the Drokauhwans would do if Xion acted to make peace between the races, Crona couldn't exactly be certain that the roads were as safe as Fromniel claimed

>if that was their inevitable course of action, what would they do if they ever found the Dragonborn before that?

>>855629
>Crona would turn back around, and as he did, he saw the more downcast look on Xion's face
>he had a good feeling that it was because he quashed the conversation topic that her mood took a downturn, but if he let it keep going then Fromniel could learn that she's the Dragonborn, and that'd put a crimp in their plans anyway
>he didn't like doing this to her, but if it meant they could succeed, then it could wait for a bit longer

.....

>he turned his gaze forward as well, tenting his hands together while propping his elbows on his knees

>he'd then tilt his head forward and tap it against his hands, his eyes slowly closing soon after

>he'd tell Xion the truth once Fromniel was gone, and if it was only a couple of hours, then he'd be gone soon enough

>but how would he tell her about this, anyway?
>did she even want the responsibilities that came with being the Dragonborn?
>she wouldn't want to leave people to die, but would she want to end the wars herself?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855632

File: 1416101036005.png (22.93 KB, 202x298, Do I Dare Dream.PNG)

>>855631

>Xion stares unhappily ahead for a space of time, her fingers gently working the reigns she held in her hands.

>Though she was bothered, and perhaps put out, she disliked feeling this way for very long, and actively looks for something new to talk about.

>>855630

>After a stretch of silence, she tilts her head.


I don't think I've personally met a Drokauhwan before...hmn...they must be on top of things to keep the roads so safe, huh?

>Though they hadn't thusfar found any bandits anyway, making Xion suspect that their choice in route had been a fortuitous one.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855634

>>855631
>>855632
the Nord quickly nodded his head
The Drokauhwan are a very organized people. Their empire is the wealthiest and largest in Valorcall, which they have achieved by maintaining a neutral stance through many wars. Even today, Elves and Nords buy weapons and armor created in Drokauhwan forges, their warriors are respected and feared everywhere, and their mages are greatly wanted by barons and chiefs, second only to the Tules themselves.
They are a very old and proud race, and they keep their territory well guarded. Their biggest threat is the Orc Kingdom, but even the Orcs don't dare wish a full scale war against the Drokauhwan Empire.
>he pauses, but only for a second as he crossed his arms over his legs
They are also the most isolationist of territories. You may even call them the most distrustful. Outsiders like us are rarely welcomed within their cities, and even their most humble of villages can prove troublesome to stay for any long amount of time.
It is nothing short of a great shame... The Drokauhwan cities are some of the most beautiful wonders of the world, perfect in their design and construction. Just watching them from afar will bring awe straight into your soul, if no tears to your eyes, but you will likely never be able to see within their walls... It is why they are often called the "Mirage Cities" by merchants and travelers.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855637

File: 1416102436393.jpg (10.5 KB, 154x168, Just Play The MGS FOUND Noise.…)

>>855634

Wow...

>Xion stares straight ahead, but looks visibly impressed by what Fromniel described, her eyes wide and her downcast expression fading into that of quiet surprise.


That's really a shame that they're isolationist, it sounds like they're some really amazing people. Great forgers, mages, warriors...hmn...

>Xion wonders how such a people could have so many gifts and decide not to share them, but far be it from her to tell people how to live their lives. Wayne Manor was technically isolationist as well, and even her own boyfriend had plenty of shades of that too.


>She couldn't rightly blame them for it, anyway.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855638

>>855637
>the Nord would simply nod his head slowly
It truly is... Should the Drokauhwan take an active role as the greatest power in Valorcall, and leave their neutral ways, it's my firm belief they could drastically change the fate of the land by their own hands...
>his face took on a more serious and contemplative frown
However... for better or worse, it would remain to be seen... A great force for good can very easily be also used for evil. The Drokauhwan Empire could be a powerful ally, a strong and fair mediator... or a terrifying enemy...
>he grew silent, lost in his own thoughts for the moment

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855640

File: 1416103574859.png (147.65 KB, 268x295, Don't Mind Me, Just Waiting Fo…)

>>855637
>>855638

.....

>Crona could almost swear someone was trying to tell him something

>but it wasn't anything he hadn't already thought about; he knew that the Drokauhwan were one of the central forces in Valorcall, and they would prove to be a terrifying enemy under the right circumstances
>if their destruction was necessary should Xion act, then they must be truly a force to be reckoned with

.....

>still, it never hurt to plan ahead...


So how would one stay on their good side?

>Crona would straighten up as he said this, sitting more casually in his seat on the cart

>he would keep his gaze forward as he spoke, trying to keep an eye on their course

If there's every possibility that one could incur their wrath, then how could that be avoided or fixed?

>he tried to make it seem like he was just joining in on the conversation, speaking in a more relaxed tone, not wanting to give himself away

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855641

File: 1416104240911.png (33.5 KB, 273x241, SayAgain.png)

>>855638

...

>Well, that turned dark pretty fast.


What would an empire like that have to benefit from turning into some kind of enemy? If they want to be left alone, and nobody pokes at them or how they do things, shouldn't everything run swimmingly then?

>Hopefully there wasn't some weird megalomania with the Drokauhwans, but judging from the Nord's descriptions it seemed as if that wasn't the case.


>>855640

...?

>Xion glance sat Crona, blinking once at him with a blank expression.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855642

>>855640
>the Nord hummed thoughtfully, staring out into the sky once more in silence
...

That is a very good question, my friend...
>he lowered his head again to look at Crona
Unfortunately, it is not one with a concrete answer. The Drokauhwan have never gone into war since their land has been established. They have prospered in their lonesome for almost two thousand years, so there is no historical precedent for how the Drokauhwan act in a war.
>he straightened up in his seat
There are many theories and postulations, however... One thing you must understand, is that the Drokauhwan do not see themselves as you or I. Their very belief dictates that all who are born a Drokauhwan are above all men, and the closest thing alive to their ancient and long dead gods. Their neutrality is based around their choice to stay out of the affairs of "mere men".
Thanks to these beliefs, some Scholars theorize that a war against the Drokauhwan Empire would not end until the complete subjugation, if not eradication, of their enemy, due to the dehumanization of every race before their eyes. They would be seen as nothing more than animals that needed to be put down.
>he paused again, but only for a second
Others are more optimistic, however, and believe the Drokauhwan's beliefs actually make them far more forgiving than any other race. A war with them would be deemed unfair and dishonorable by the Drokauhwan by striking at an enemy they see as far beneath them. They will strike back if they must, but never at their fullest strengths. As such, they would seek a end to hostilities as quickly as possible so they may return to their isolationism.
>>855641
These are all merely postulations, of course. As Nio said, the Drokauhwan have no reason to wage war. They have grown this powerful without resorting to their own blade, and they will simply continue to prosper by themselves. To risk their entire wealth on war is simply not logical in their eyes.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855644

File: 1416105908567.png (132.4 KB, 370x349, Another Day, Another Bit Of My…)

>>855642

...that's still not exactly comforting...

>even if the Drokauhwan preferred to keep to themselves, how could one expect to negotiate with them if they considered themselves as higher on the evolutionary chain?

>the best one could hope for was pity, like speaking to a pet that had made a mess on the carpet, rather than as a logical and sentient being
>and if they didn't receive that pity, then any opposing forces would be exterminated like insects, if the theory was correct - and considering what he heard from the Warden, that was a very strong theory

>>855641
>not to mention, how would the Droks view the Dragonborn if they considered themselves direct descendents of gods?
>would Xion be considered similar to them, given her worship and reverence by the Nords?
>or would she be viewed as a mockery of them, or as a false idol?

...still...

Best that they be left alone then, right? If no one approaches them with any conflict, then we won't find out if they would be interested in war or not.

>even as he tried to diffuse the concerns surrounding the subject, he still appeared very troubled, the news definitely not helping to improve his mood at all

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855646

File: 1416106333401.png (177.97 KB, 473x500, Didn'tDoIt_Noooope!.png)

>>855642

...

>Okay, so maybe they did have some kind of megalomania. To look at other thinking and feeling people as being less than what they were rubs Xion wrong, eliciting a frown from her as Fromniel continues.


>>855644

>She counts them lucky that there apparently is no war between the Drokauhwans and others of Valorcall, and that seemingly there was no desire of war either.


>And that suited her fine for now, it was better to not poke a sleeping dragon in the eye.


>Xion willingly lets the topic slide past her, instead focusing on the surroundings, in particular the sky.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855650

>>855644
>the Nord simply nodded his head
That is the best course of action. No territory has any wish to go to war with the Drokauhwan Empire, and the Empire has no wish to go to war with the other territories.
>he shrugs his shoulders slightly
An uneasy peace, perhaps, but peace nonetheless.

>>855646
>thanks to Papa's steady pace, the black cloud would begin to move behind them as they got farther and farther from the massive castle
>and what came afterwards was entirely different from anything they had seen in Nord territory, or the Tule Sanctuary

>the Sun, shining down a brilliant and pleasantly warm light

>the dirt path beneath their feet would become coated in actual pavement, the wagon entering a very clear and well-maintained road
>the grass besides the road was a glistening and vibrant green, small birds and various colorful butterflies fluttering around the lush fields
>the paved road would quickly lead the outsiders straight into a small village, one much different from the typical Nord village or town
>instead of sturdy and humble stone houses, these would be mostly built out of wood, and surprisingly rich-looking despite the farming village's small size and quaintness
>there were no walls around the village, but a guard post stood at its entrance, along with a small tower, where Crona and Xion would have their first sight of a Drokauhwan
>at first glance they would simply resemble any regular human, no marking on their face like the Tules, giant tusks like the Orcs, bizarre eyes like the Elves, or even incredibly bulky physique like the Nords
>the guards at their post were lean, their armor laying over loose-fitting clothing, placing more importance on lightness and agility, as opposed to the heavily armored guards of Nord settlements
>but their "normality" was quickly shattered by the addition of a second pair of arms that grew just beneath their upper armpits
>heading into the village, they would see that every one of its inhabitants would share the same extra pair of arms, from the farmers, to the guards, and the little kids running across the village's streets
>once inside, the wagon would stop, allowing Fromniel to make his exit, and bid farewell to the two travelers, gratefully giving them directions to a town not too far from the small village where they could rest for the day and resupply, should they wish to do so

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855653

File: 1416109189297.png (147.65 KB, 268x295, Don't Mind Me, Just Waiting Fo…)

>>855650
>Crona would turn his gaze up at the guard tower as they approached, the pleasant surroundings having not drawn much of his attention for very long
>he naturally found himself staring at the guard as they drew closer to the village borders, keeping up a nonchalant appearance, even though he was already getting himself slightly nervous
>just the idea that, right then and there, the guard had already deemed the three of them as part of species that were just below them on the evolutionary chain, and therefore not worthy of the same rights they had, just made his blackened blood run cold
>>855646
>as Fromniel was preparing to leave, Crona would look back at him, nodding along with what he was saying while idly mulling over what to do

.....

>then, rather spontaneously, he looked back at Xion and nodded briefly at her


Could you wait a second, please?

>he then hopped off of the cart and landed on the dirt, turning to Fromniel


Would you mind if I talked to you for a moment?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855655

File: 1416109732858.jpg (57.36 KB, 600x500, BecauseIFeelTheNeedToSaySometh…)

>>855650

>So these people were the Drokauhwans? Xion remembers seeing a man similar to those she saw in this small village in Storm's Nest, recalling how intimidating that man seemed when she saw him at the Inn they had stayed at for the night.


...

>But, aside the weird second set of arms, Xion doesn't see what made them so special compared to everyone else in Valorcall.

>After all, Pegasi in Equestria had six limbs (four legs and two wings) and they too didn't seem particularly full of themselves, even though they certainly could given they could fly.

>Still, the village itself was impressive. There was something rich to it, almost wholesome compared to other villages she had seen.

>As Fromniel readies his departure, Xion wishes him well with a smile and waves...

>>855653

-?

>Only for Crona to suddenly interject before she can snap Papa's reigns.

>Xion goes to say something, but sees Crona's already hopped off the wagon to follow Fromniel, apparently to talk.

...

>She slumps in her seat and looks away with a grunt, her brows furrowing again in consternation.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855656

>>855655
>>855653
-?
>the Nord turned around as the swordsman spoke up, a little confused as to what he could want to talk with him
Of course you can, my friend. What is you need?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855657

File: 1416110866841.png (183.94 KB, 501x312, OK, OK, You I Can Tolerate.png)

>>855655
>Crona glanced over at Xion at first, seeing that she was looking away from them
>>855656
>he then turned back to Fromniel, walking closer and lowering his tone just so he could hear it
>though if Xion listened keenly enough, she likely would be able to hear

I just want you to hear me out on this, OK?

I know that you believe that the Warden's words are absolute, but I don't think you should give up hope. Even moreso with what you were told.

I know it may not seem like it, but there is always a way. Even when things seem completely set in stone, there is a way to make a change.

I've been in this world for three years now, and in that time I've been in many situations that seemed completely hopeless. But I held on and I didn't accept what was in front of me, and I found other ways. Because there is just so much in this world that it's almost impossible to fathom, and it's changing all the time. The real solution that you're looking for could take months to appear, or it could appear tomorrow, or it could even be out there right now just waiting to be found.

>he would reach out and place a hand on Fromniel's shoulder, putting on an encouraging smile


There is a way, Fromniel. A way to achieve the true peace that you're looking for.

So don't give up on it, OK?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855658

File: 1416111537153.png (17.49 KB, 179x253, Turning Away For The Last Time…)

>>855656
>>855657

...

>Xion can hear the two, but faintly. What they were talking about still was over her head, but it did confirm something she suspected, and to that extent, worried about.


>Whatever Crona and Fromniel had talked to the Great Warden about, apparently it was bad enough for Crona to simply reject what it was, and that the Warden's advice wasn't absolutely as concrete as Fromniel had claimed.


...

>Such a bold statement, while no doubt intended to cheer the Nord up, consequently makes Xion's expression fade as she thinks herself.


...

>But this time, it's about the Warden's final warning.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855659

>>855657
>the Nord blinked slowly, at first still confused about what the swordsman could be speaking of
>but slowly he would come to understand his words, although his expression would remain thoughtful
>by the end, he would manage a small smile
My friend, I thank you for your words... but I have been in this world for almost thirty years now. I have seen how my home has changed in that time, and I have studied how much it changed throughout centuries. What the Great Warden told me was not what I hoped, but it was what I feared, that no peace could be achieved without bloodshed. Looking back at our history, there is no flaw in this. It is simply how things are in Valorcall.
>he crossed his arms, looking away with yet another thoughtful look on his face
Yet, that does not mean I should give up, as you said. The Warden's words did not frighten me from my cause, but instead opened my eyes at the task that sits before me. A task that, perhaps, no one man should have to choose by himself
>he smiled again at the swordsman
Once again, I thank you for everything. Your kindness is something that I will never forget, and I will carry your words throughout my travels.

>>855658
>he looked up at Xion, giving her a wave of his hand
Farewell, my friends! May our roads meet once again in the future!
>he turned, heading down the paved road

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855660

File: 1416112494536.jpg (31.53 KB, 512x288, PUPPY DOG EYES ACTIVATE.jpg)

>>855659
>Crona's smile brightened when Fromniel responded positively, glad that he had helped out the Nord with his plight, even if just a bit
>he straightened up and waved at him as he departed, then turned and climbed back onto the cart
>>855658
>once he was back in his seat, he let out a brief sigh and turned to look at Xion

.....

>as expected, she was definitely in a sour mood after how shifty he had been acting the whole trip

>his smile vanished rather quickly, and he'd soon speak in a slightly hurried tone

I'm sorry about all that...

I'll explain what's going on on the way, OK...?

>he'd try not to glance at the Drokauhwan guards again, wanting to not draw more attention to them, but he could swear he felt someone staring at him right then

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855661

File: 1416112805713.jpg (7.3 KB, 150x150, WhyDoIHaveHateClubsAgain.jpg)

>>855659
>>855660

...

>CRACK!


>Xion snaps the reigns a little more sharply than she had during the trip, her expression not once changing from her moody grumpy stare forward.

>In fact, she doesn't break her eye contact from the road before them, her posture stiff and lips pinched thin in disapproval.

...

.........

...............

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855662

File: 1416113235977.png (1.29 MB, 583x600, Maybe If I Just Stay Here They…)

>>855661
>Crona winced when the reins snapped loudly, taking that as a sign of her annoyance with him
>even so, he glances back at where they were, reflexively eyeing the Drokauhwan guard, before turning back to her

Look, I...I was keeping quiet because I didn't want to tip Fromniel off as to who you really were.

He's a nice guy, I won't say otherwise, but if he knew who you really were...well, he'd flip.

And given the subject that we both knew about, there's no way it wouldn't come up...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855663

File: 1416113963119.png (20.21 KB, 183x337, Look Up At The Sky and Say No.…)

>>855662

Hmph.

>Xion still refuses to look at him, glaring ahead of her in her normal grumpy stare.


What would we even talk about that could possibly 'tip him off' to who I am? I'm not stupid, it isn't like I'm going to suddenly start wearing a sign and shouting into the sky every five minutes who I am.

>Her brow furrows more, though still she doesn't once glance at him.

>Instead of continuing the discussion, however, she states in a no-nonsense and businesslike tone:

Get the map; we need to go someplace and I don't know exactly where it is. Look for a place called "Laplizuli" and tell me which way to go.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855665

File: 1416115226865.png (91.72 KB, 393x325, I Still Don't Know Who Was Fon…)

>>855663
>Crona would wince again at Xion's curt reply, knowing that he wasn't going to win her over that easily
>he'd do as she asked and reach into his coat, pulling out the map and starting to unfold it, but he'd keep talking as he did

The subject was Fromniel's question. Or more specifically, the answer he got.

Which may, but most likely will, concern you as...well, you know.

>once the map was fully opened and in front of him, he'd scan around for the path they were on, then start following it to where this "Laplizuli" could be


And all I'm saying is that if we dwelled on that part of the topic, which I could've done without even realizing it, that might've made Fromniel wonder if something was going on.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855668

File: 1416115712636.png (40.28 KB, 204x255, Crawling In My Skin_These Woun…)

>>855665

Big surprise that the answer would have something to do with me, it's only about the wars in Valorcall and everything.

>Xion's curt and sarcastic reply is still as waspish as she's been.


You need to stop deciding for yourself what it is I need to know and when, especially when it might concern me.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855669

>>855668
>>855665
>the road they were on was still a mostly straight line into the Elven lands
>however, it wouldn't be such a straight route when they reached as their last destination would have been
>Laplizuli would be located more to the east, deeper into and closer to the center of Elf territory

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855670

File: 1416116478271.png (147.65 KB, 268x295, Don't Mind Me, Just Waiting Fo…)

>>855668

I'm still thinking about the mission.

>Crona remained insistent, knowing that he made her unhappy but feeling it wasn't without good reason


If anyone gets even the slightest hint of who you are, then this is over. I didn't want to risk it until we were alone.

I've made a number of mistakes with this already, I didn't want to take the chance of making the worst possible one.

>>855669
>he kept his eyes on the map while speaking, carefuly following the trail as best he could
>once he had it, he let out another sigh and tried to describe it

Anyway, we just keep going on this path until we reach the Elven territory.

Once we're in, we head to the east and make our way to this "Laplizuli". Which just so happens to be in the center of the territory, of course...

>he'd lean over to show the spot to Xion, tapping the map to point out the exact location

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855671

File: 1416116676148.png (88 KB, 240x410, You Come To Me On This Day For…)

>>855670

...

>Xion glances to the map when Crona offers to show her where 'Laplizuli' is, but the moment she understands where she needs to go, she continues looking straight ahead with the same grumpy stare.


...

...

...

You can keep telling yourself that; it still doesn't make it okay.

>shortly

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855672

File: 1416117392634.png (132.4 KB, 370x349, Another Day, Another Bit Of My…)

>>855671
>Crona sighed again and shifted the map back to his lap, turning his gaze ahead for just a moment as well

I know it's not OK, I didn't do it because I wanted to.

>he looked back to Xion after this, dropping the tense edge from his voice after a moment, then continuing in a more subdued tone


I'm sorry I kept this from you. If this had been any other situation, I would have told you all of this right away.

But this is important, and I just want to be absolutely sure that nothing goes wrong.

>he'd look away from her and stare ahead again, slumping over and letting his chin fall into his hand


The fact that this would also involve the Drokauhwans doesn't really help either...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855673

File: 1416117770609.png (20.21 KB, 183x337, Look Up At The Sky and Say No.…)

>>855672

...

>This time Xion doesn't speak at all, her blue eyes hardening as she focuses on the road, her mouth once more pressed into a thin line.


...

.........

...............

>Her silence lasts as long as Crona's does, for however long he decides to lapse in speaking with her. During that time, only the sound of the wheels of the wagon, and Papa's ponderous steps, make any noise to cut into the tension.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855674

File: 1416118742331.png (107.33 KB, 254x292, It's Gonna Be One Of Those Day…)

>>855673

.....

>Crona would let the silence sit for a few seconds longer, not sure how to progress with this initially

>when it went on for a bit too long for his tastes, he decided to just say everything that needed to be said

While you were speaking to the Warden, I asked Fromniel what answer he received.

>he paused and winced, knowing this next part would get a negative response, if nothing else


...and then I used my question to try and find a new solution.

>he'd quickly press on, hoping to get everything out before hearing the reaction


In the end, the answer was the same:

Every possible solution that the Warden could conjure up ended with one of the four races being effectively eliminated.

Whether in a political sense, or in being completely exterminated.

>he would pause there to let that sit for a moment, then continue again


In the scenario that involves you...he said that you organize peace between the Nords and the Elves with ease. And with a bit more work, you get the Orcs to form an alliance as well.

But...the Drokauhwan view that as them banding together to fight them. And as such, they refuse to ally and instead go to war with everyone else.

And the only way to stop them is to either kill their leader and conquering their country, thereby ousting their race from any political standing and making them second-class citizens at best...or kill all of them.

>he would again fall silent, letting what he had heard sit with them for a little bit longer

>he'd then let out a sigh and lean back in his seat, still staring ahead

That is what the Warden said...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855675

File: 1416119411925.png (8.17 KB, 100x100, Seriously.png)

>>855674

>Xion jerks slightly, her brows quickly furrowing together in both surprise and indignation that Crona didn't use his question for himself, an opportunity that he'd never have again.


...

>He missed out on an opportunity to find out if, maybe, he was held accountable spiritually over what Medusa had made him do to become a Kishin.

>Or a chance to know what he could to to live a happy life.
>Or, (though Xion wasn't sure if he did want to know), an opportunity to find out who is own father was.

...

>And he didn't get a different answer about it either. Apparently there was only one way to actually stop the war, and that was through the destruction of one race in Valorcall for peace.


>That certainly explained why peace wasn't around at all...


...

...

...

You know I'd never do that, Crona. If Valorcall want peace, then they'll have to find someone else to get it for them, because doing something like that? Not okay.

>She pauses.


I don't even really know why everyone's so mad here and why that even has to be a thing. The war's between the Elves and the Nords, isn't it? Why do the Drokauhwan's factor into it if they're just a neutral country?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855676

File: 1416120637759.png (107.27 KB, 462x337, One Day, Waldo, I WILL Find Yo…)

>>855675

Like I said, the Warden said something about how the other races allying together was viewed as some sort of threat or affront to the Drokauhwan, and they would rather go to war than attempt to make peace.

Though after hearing about their whole superiority complex problem, I'm guessing they wouldn't want to lower themselves to the other races' level...

>Crona would say this with a derisive tone, clearly not pleased with this stance that they took

>he would let out another sigh, looking at Xion again

Anyway, I know you would never go along with something like that. But I'm certain that any day now, the Nords are going to ask you to step in on this conflict.

>he'd point back at the way they came from as he went on


And that was why I told Fromniel that these predictions aren't set in stone, that there is another solution to this that no one has considered yet.

And if you do wind up getting roped into this, then there's no way it'll end like the Warden says. He might know of you, he might have known the last Dragonborn, but he doesn't know you.

>he would move his hand and point to her


You know you would never advocate this...

>then point at himself


And I know you'd never advocate this...

And if you did get roped into this, then you would find another way. A way that ends with all of the races making peace and everything settling down.

And it has nothing to do with you being the Dragonborn. It has everything to do with you just being you. That's just how you are.

Bang Shishigami!pinkie78Os 855677

File: 1416121120640.gif (23.31 KB, 256x256, tumblr_lvig7r0azV1qlo2f6o5_400…)

>>855468
>>855471
>Bang's expression would soften noticeably, fully understanding Sebastian's abject shock and disbelief
>it wasn't the first time he'd seen someone react in such a way - he was fairly certain he did as well when he first heard the news
>he'd straighten back up and address the butler directly, speaking matter-of-factly

I assure you it is no jest, Mister Michealis. As impossible as it may be to believe, Wayne Manor is its own nation.

I cannot say I know how exactly this came about, only that one day it did. Though I have heard stories that the owner of the estate made an ally of the king of Mo'Gallile...

>he would quickly hold up his hand again, hoping to stop any comments before he finished


A-Again, this is only a rumour. But if he did ally with such a powerful being, then their becoming their own nation does begin to make sense, even if it still is so incredible...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855678

File: 1416121162461.jpg (139.57 KB, 500x500, Because This Can't Be Wiped Aw…)

>>855676

>Xion, as she listens to Crona, starts looking less agitated and instead cautiously pensive, as if a troubling thought had occurred to her.

>The Great Warden didn't personally know her, this was true, but he was supposed to know virtually anything. It was his advice about the Tower in Laplizuli that was giving her some hope about her Lycanthropy being cured.

>If she couldn't trust his advice to be 100%, then what about her cure? What about the Tower, and the 'liar' she was warned about?


...

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855679

File: 1416121578186.jpg (31.53 KB, 512x288, PUPPY DOG EYES ACTIVATE.jpg)

>>855678

.....

>Crona's more determined stare would fizzle and fade after he watched Xion's face change to a more uneasy look

>he had hoped this would finally clear the air with them, but instead it was more like something else was still unsolved

...what?

>he'd ask in a slightly nervous tone, not sure what he'd said wrong


What is it...?

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 855680

>>855677
>>855471
My word...

>The Stallion would say under his breath as he heard this explination. Though he never heard of Mo'Gallile, he could only imagine it as a powerful nation indeed. Why anyone would willfully succeed from the princesses' fair and just rule was beyond him. Was it possible that they were different here? The Riftguard didn't seem to think as much considering how professional they seemed to be.


>Or maybe it was the Manor who was at fault behind this little coupe? This didn't bode well for his thoughts on this world's Sebastian.


Perhaps this world is not as similar as we had originally thought.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 855681

File: 1416122402735.jpg (112.04 KB, 500x666, Sebastian_Goddamn Loopholes.jp…)

>>855677

...

>Sebastian makes a disparaging noise in his throat and looks down, processing this new information with little enthusiasm regarding it. To think the manor as autonomous and separate of Equestrian law and services was quite concerning indeed. What happened if an incident occurred on the premises?

>If it was anything like the mansion he was familiar with, surely they too dealt with troublesome individuals seeking the injury or destruction of the residents within...

I see...

>>855680

>Sebastian glances aside to Sugardust and feels his own shoulders slump with defeat.

>He reaches into his own coat and removes a pocketwatch which he checks, indicating that it was indeed starting to get late in hour. Mr. Lollipop surely would need a place to rest for the night, and Sebastian was in dire need of a few hours to make himself presentable and repair his clothes.

Perhaps not...but I wager, if nothing else, we can still expect some hospitality there, unless that too has changed from what I know of our Wayne Manor.

>He hopes that there, perhaps, is a version of himself in this manor he can consult with. If it was so similar, and he could find his own counterpart, then perhaps it would be easier to become accustomed to his strange world.

Bang Shishigami!pinkie78Os 855682

File: 1416122736917.png (486.65 KB, 840x1021, Bang_Shishigami_(Story_Mode_Ar…)

>>855680
>>855681
>even though the remark wasn't actually directed his way, Bang would answer it just out of reflex

To my knowledge, they do still allow newcomers to set up residence there.

I am not certain of the exact specifications, but the owner Alton Sutcliff has allowed any who seek refuge to simply walk in without any fuss, and they may stay provided they don't assault any of the other residents.

>he would look between the butler and the pony briefly, then put on a wide grin again


If you do choose to stay there, I will endeavour to follow up on this matter personally once you are needed.

I have assisted the manor in their quarrels a handful of times, so it would likely be easier than if a stranger knocked on their door.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855683

File: 1416122813311.png (22.93 KB, 202x298, Do I Dare Dream.PNG)

>>855679

...

>Xion shakes her head and holds the reigns tight, not willing to share her worries with Crona at the moment. A part of her doesn't want to until after the Tower and the cure.


>If the cure worked, then she'd need to take the Great Warden's advice and warnings to heart very seriously, which meant despite what Crona insisted, there really was no way to stop this war outside of the destruction of one of the races.


...

>But if he wasn't right...at least there would be another way, but she'd be left still without a cure, and a failed and disappointing end to their journey.


>Xion isn't even sure which she wants to happen. Neither had a particularly good outcome, to her chagrin. Either way something bad would balance the good news, leaving her with a problem she'd still need to worry about at some point.


...

>She absent-mindedly rubs at her neck, the faint marks of where teeth met flesh still scarred there from more than a year ago.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855684

File: 1416123972433.png (67.6 KB, 500x552, tumblr_mxoa3crJBh1r315yso1_500…)

>>855683

.....

>the lack of an answer certainly didn't help matters at all, Crona's nervousness only growing

>at first, he thought that she was still mad at him for keeping quiet for so long, and this was her way of showing it
>but the look on her face quickly disproved that theory, clearly more worried than angry over this

.....

>he had to have said something to further upset her, but what was it exactly?

>obviously this was a huge deal for her, but originally she seemed more disbelieving about her involvement in the war than upset
>so what had he said in the interim that got her to change her mind?

.....

Listen, Xion...

>he wasn't sure if this'd help or not, but he didn't want to leave things on such a sour note either


Predictions and prophecies are always sketchy no matter who says them. It's basically telling people that they don't have control over their own lives, and that just isn't true.

>he would gesture to her again, speaking in a softer tone than before, but still imploring her to believe in what he was saying


You do have control over your own life. No one else has that power over you, you do. The fact that we're even doing this right now is proof of that, because you made the decision to go ahead with this.

And because of that, you and only you decide what happens to you. Not the Nords and not whatever destiny they think you have. Just you.

>he'd turn and gesture to the path ahead of them


So, you will make it to the Elven territory, you will find the cure you're looking for...

And then whatever happens next is entirely up to you and you alone. Not anyone else.

>he'd look back to her, again speaking in a soft yet encouraging voice


Alright...?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855687

File: 1416124593924.png (41.12 KB, 500x295, A Super Sad Xion.png)

>>855684

>Xion's hand pauses, her fingers gently curling on her neck.


Do I actually have that Crona?

>She looks at him and slowly drops her arm, the spot she had been rubbing at becoming easily visible on the side of her neck. She stares at him with an unhappy expression, her brows furrowed upwards and a perpetual frown printed on her face.

>Xion hesitates for a moment, then releases a sad sigh.

I couldn't really control this happening, could I? I couldn't really control myself against Roxas, or when I fell into the Rift. Maybe we do have some control over our lives but...maybe there really are things we can't change, no matter how much we want them to.

>She looks away from him and forward, her fingers nervously wringing the reigns as the wagon continues along at it's slow pace.


So...what if I really can't change that either?

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 855688

>>855682
>>855681
>So the manor, now a soverign nation takes in any and all refugees to live under their banner. To most that would indeed seem suspicious. Though perhaps this Mr. Sutcliff was as generous as the master of their world's Wayne Manor, and not a tryanical madman hoping to one day overthrow the monarchy.

We appreciate your support on this matter Sir. Shishigami. I will make certain to repay you for your efforts this day.

>His forelegs bend benteath him as he lowers his head. The odd but suitable bow of the Equine society seemed to be the only proper way to show respect for the Riftguards efforts.


I assure you we will be no trouble to the citizens of the nation of Wayne Manor.

>No matter how many times it was repeated, he still couldn't believe this was true.


They will see little trouble from us.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 855689

File: 1416125656786.png (36.02 KB, 131x187, Sebastian_Indutiably My Lord.P…)

>>855682

>Oh? So it was virtually the same, though Sebastian himself had never heard of anyone by the name of 'Alton Sutcliff' before. Certainly not Miss Surprise, or any regeneration that she may have undergone, which suggested this person who had now held the title of the master of the estate may have been either the person who owned the building beforehand, or more likely, the individual that had somehow inherited the estate from Miss Surprise at some point.


>Perhaps, in her haste to leave for an adventure, she actually remembered to leave somebody in charge? What a novel thought!


>The manor remaining as a home for those who needed one does please Sebastian, however, as does the Riftguard's offer of assistance and help regarding the rifts, as well as considering his own preferences, which he imagines does cause a little more work on his part.

>He does appreciate it all the more, certainly.

>>855688

>Mirroring Sugardust, Sebastian similarly bows to the ninja.


Indeed! Thank you very much, Mr. Shishigami, for your generous help!

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855690

File: 1416126409888.png (91.72 KB, 393x325, I Still Don't Know Who Was Fon…)

>>855687
>Crona would remain worried as Xion did respond, the reason for her upset demeanour quickly becoming apparent
>he did have to concede that her getting bit wasn't something she had direct control over, nor her falling through the rift, even though he said nothing about it

...bad things just happen sometimes, there's no denying that...but how someone deals with the aftermath of that is something they can still control.

As for this...

>he would turn to look at the map again, tapping the one spot on it again


If the Warden told you about this "Laplizuli" place, and it clearly exists, then it likely does have what you're looking for.

>he'd look back up to her, still holding the map out for them both to see


Like I said, predictions are always sketchy and inaccurate...

But telling you about something that already exists, has worked in the past and would easily work again?

There's no reason to doubt that.

Bang Shishigami!pinkie78Os 855691

File: 1416126588340.png (491.59 KB, 1013x1023, Bang_Shishigami_(Story_Mode_Ar…)

>>855688
>>855689
>Bang would respond in his typical boisterous voice, bowing briefly to them both in turn

You are most welcome, new citizens!

I will endeavour to assist you both in any way I can for as long as you are with us!

Please, if you ever return to Town, do not hesitate to search for me for anything you may need!

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 855692

>>855691
>With a cheerful grin on his face, Sugardust would lift his head up back toward the oxymoranic ninja.

We shall make our way up there post haste. I do hope to hear from you soon Sir. Shishigami.

>>855689
>Turning around he would see that Sebastian's mood had lightened as well. Of course any man who could keep such a calm pressance as his after having been shot multiple tomes was to be commended for such endurance.

Shall we make our way to the Manor, Sebastian?

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 855693

File: 1416127305917.png (126.46 KB, 334x241, Sebastian_See To Eternal Rest …)

>>855691

>Sebastian stands upright after his respectful bow and nods back to the ninja, offering back a pleasant smile.


We shall certainly keep you in mind, Mr. Shishigami. Thank you once again, you have been most helpful!

>>855692

>His thanks again lodged with Bang, Sebastian turns his attention to his Equine companion and nods agreeably.


We shall; it is growing rather late. We should be able to reach the mansion right at dinnertime if we leave now.

>He looks briefly back to Bang.


Do have a good evening, Mr. Shishigami, and once more, thank you.

>With that, Sebastian moves back towards the doors, once again holding one open to allow Sugardust to exit before himself.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855694

File: 1416127721534.png (13.21 KB, 143x128, Bed Is My Only Fwend.png)

>>855690

Mmm...

>Xion nods very slightly, though her mood still doesn't appear to perk up much from Crona's reassurances. She appears downcast, her shoulders drooped and her eyes dull.


...

>Crona does make some sense, but thinking of her past in general, and the things she both wanted to change and how those instances turned out, leave her muted and gloomy.


>With Roxas and Hyde, or even her own vampirism and lycanthropy: nothing really went the way she hoped, and when it did, she found herself with less to celebrate than she had when she started.


>It had been a long year, and try as she might, she never could fully shake that sense of wrongness about her. Sometimes she worried she would again lose control of herself, something that did happen when she became a werewolf, and before when she was a vampire, fueled by an insatiable bloodlust.

>She couldn't expect to control anything, much less her own fate. Crona seemed to do a better job of that for her than anyone else, including herself.

Hanna McDulla!aLEJudith. 855704

File: 1416160048274.gif (842.46 KB, 245x160, Dark Waters.gif)

>>855547
>The weapon strikes her side with her armor don't little to dull the shock of the impact. She grits her teeth to suppress any signs of pain.
>most opponents would be finished after that, though she found herself happy to see him continue to fight.

Good! Let's continue to the end!

>Imbue: Dark Waters!


>Roaring water surrounds Hanna and it's power along with the element of darkness is absorbed into Balmung.

Uzu Sanageyama!Ren/VL7f/Q 855723

File: 1416162785455.jpg (162.29 KB, 1920x1080, Fendingoff.jpg)

>>855704
>The sound of rushing water...Truly an interesting foe. She made no attack, so obviously, this was another technique like the last one...He'd have to take his chance now and see if he could interrupt it

>He takes another step forward, advancing further into the space of his opponent, taking another swing at the wrist where Balmung was held.


KOTE!

>Evens Roll 1d1000 = 532

Hanna McDulla!aLEJudith. 855740

File: 1416164140691.png (1012.37 KB, 850x1224, sample_64eafc54dc25f75cd758c12…)

>>855723
!!

>The swing hits her wrist and Balmung slips from her hand sliding some distance away from her, though the power of water remains Imbued in Balmung.


Damn...

>Now she couldn't use her sword skills against him, but that didn't mean she was defenceless.


>Head Hunter: Pumpkin Head!


>A burning Jack-o-lantern manifests in Hanna's hand and she throws it as Uzu as she makes a brake for her weapon.

>Odds hit Roll 1d1000 = 10

Uzu Sanageyama!Ren/VL7f/Q 855748

File: 1416165151205.jpg (116.18 KB, 712x720, Ontheattack.jpg)

>>855740
>The sound of fire, whistling through the air, getting closer. A projectile. They meant nothing to him.

>As the burning jack-o-lantern flies towards him, Uzu steels himself. A brief pause before he swings his shinai, batting the projectile aside as he continues his charge towards Hanna.


>He raises the shinai to about shoulder level and once he gets close to Hanna, he thrusts the bamboo blade towards her throat.


TSUKI!

>Evens Roll 1d1000 = 61

Hanna McDulla!aLEJudith. 855751

File: 1416166180214.gif (170.91 KB, 400x300, Daystar.gif)

>>855748
>It was a close race, but Hanna was able to grab her blade before Uzu could attack her.

Haaaaa!

>Just as the blade comes toward her, Hanna is able to parry the blow activating her skill.

>Counter!
>Cursed Sword: Infallible Daystar!!

>The moment Hanna blocks Uzu's thrust, a powerful mass of energy and roaring water suddenly appear before him and send out thee powerful blasts of energy and pressurized water.

>Evens Roll 1d1000 = 222
>how many hit Roll 1d3 = 2

>Once the attack ends, the water around Hanna's weapon vanishes.

Uzu Sanageyama!Ren/VL7f/Q 855752

File: 1416166489079.jpg (86.33 KB, 1920x1080, Pokerface.jpg)

>>855751
>His shinai thrust is knocked aside, and Uzu has a split second to react before the torrent of water burst into him...But it was too small a window.

>The pressurised water bursts slam into him, the first knocking him back and the second blasting him into the wall. Uzu doesn't even have a chance to cry out before he's slumped against the wall of the dojo. The same bright light that shone when he transformed earlier returns, only now when it cleared, Uzu lay out cold on the floor of the dojo, his shinai dropped next to him and his uniform tattered.

Hanna McDulla!aLEJudith. 855761

File: 1416168122235.png (21.17 KB, 128x128, chrsba4107ps20066.png)

>>855752
>And so ends the battle. It was a good one, a challenge she hasn't had in a long time. Unfortunate, she couldn't say that to her opponent as he was out cold.

Hmmmm.

>He was a young man, but one of good skill. In time he'll be even stronger and very well be able to defeat her. With the battle over, the Field Spell vanishes and reverts the damage done to the room and those that fought, a mysterious blend of Time and Healing magic that only the Spirits and God could use but extremely useful with all the battles between her native warriors.


>She'd let him rest for now, hopefully he'll awaken before she had to leave with her king. She wanted to personally tell him she admired his strength and wished to battle him again one day...

>Continued.

Kiryuin Satsuki!aLEJudith. 855767

File: 1416172517278.jpg (51.08 KB, 1280x720, (427).jpg)

>>855752
>>855761
>The time she took to talking to the King has eased her some. No matter how much she poked and prodded at him, she found no ulterior motive for Lumberry the 12th to be here other then to be charitable. Well until discovering what was happening in the Dojo and learning the results of that battle... she now had reason to doubt his intentions again.

So, you're saying this was a total coincidence?

Indeed it was. As I said, her sword tends to run away on her. But it did seem they were enjoying themselves yes?

>Indeed they had. She'd noticed something different in the Athletics Committee Chair since Matoi has come and gone. Frustration it seemed, understandable given what the cost of bettering himself came too for such a unrewarding bout.


Yes, it seemed they have.

>She sips her tea mildly thinking that overall his dissatisfaction with with his rematch would do little negatively, she found it better to have him like this. A goal, a clear destination in which to work towards.


Perhaps I should thank you for that small favour.

>In the end, Uzu would have challenged her had this not happened and the result would have been the same, she would have made sure of it. But the king shakes his head.


Hmm, no need. Spars like that are our way of greeting each other as warriors. But with that, and our conversation coming to a close, I believe it's time for me to head home.

>Getting up from his seat, the king adjusts his coat and parts after one final comment.


Though you should take time to consider my offer. After all, being cut off from your own world means you need to look to other place for everything you need.

>With that, King Lumberry goes off to retrieve Hanna and head back home leaving Satsuki to her thoughts.


...

>She will have to consider it. unless they find a way back home, they could not get the supply of life fibres the needed for their uniforms... a pressing matter indeed...

Uzu Sanageyama!Ren/VL7f/Q 855776

File: 1416176031138.jpg (81.43 KB, 524x679, ThreeStar.jpg)

>>855767
>Uzu jolted awake.

>Darkness. Oh, yeah. Blind. But...he ached. What did he remember? Somebody came by...Satsuki was upset...eyebrows...Oh yeah! He'd fought the woman in the dark armour. He'd also lost...Pretty hard. Last thing he remembered before blacking out was getting hit by a lot of water.


>The blind swordsman sighed deeply and leaned back against the wall of the dojo. As he folded his arms, brushing his hand against the fabric revealed something crucial, his uniform had tears in it! Uzu started patting himself down and confirmed his fears, his uniform had taken a pretty nasty pummelling...Iori was going to kill him.


>...It was a good fight though. He smiled contently as he thought about what had happened. There was always room to improve on his technique, especially for next time. Age was just a number, he'd catch up on her experience in no time.


...Just you wait, Hanna McDulla. Next time we fight, I'll come out on top. Consider it a promise.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855777

>>855690
>>855694
>the travel would be continued uninterrupted, allowing the two to enjoy the surrounding scenery as much as they could bring themselves to do
>the sky was a clear blue, with very few clouds in the sky, as they passed through green pastures and woods, the roads always paved over expertly, and well take care of

>after a few more hours of travel, the two would come across the town indicated by Fromniel

>much like the village they had been before, the town was very clean and maintained, its wooden buildings finely painted in light colors, some even being very well ornate
>the town must be roughly the same size as Greybreath, but being very agricultural in nature, likely its biggest source of income
>the entrance to the town was much better guarded than the previous village, having two towers, each with its own archer, and four guards stationed on the ground
>yet surprisingly, they gave no attention to the two travelers as they entered the town, simply letting them through without any trouble
>once inside, the view would be very much like the village before, many of the four-armed people walking along the clean streets
>the inhabitants all wore flowing and very delicate looking robes, carrying themselves with a very graceful stride, everyone remaining politely quiet and speaking almost in a hushed tone even during any casual conversation
>this gave the entire town an almost ghostly silence, as everyone made as little noise as possible throughout their daily lives
>no matter where Xion and Crona looked, it seemed the town was only inhabited by the Drokauhwan, the two travelers being the only ones with one pair of arms, yet despite this, non of the inhabitants seemed to pay them any mind, except whenever their chameleon occasionally produced a loud burp
>but if the inhabitants didn't think much of the newcomers, the guards would always turns their heads, or glance aside at them when the outsiders walked by, perhaps just being overly cautious at the strangers to their town

Kiryuin Satsuki!aLEJudith. 855781

File: 1416177596167.png (71.2 KB, 250x226, tumblr_n494crDi1W1st6apko4_250…)

>>855776
I see you've enjoyed yourself Sanageyama, I hope too that you defeat her in your next bout.

>Instead of Hanna's voice as he may have expected to hear, it's someone else that... probably wasn't as positive to know was aware of what happened.


>Satsuki was standing before him, a big frown on her face as usual. Though this one seemed to have a bit more of a hint of disapproval in it.

855784

File: 1416177813522.png (279.41 KB, 600x600, 36350556.png)

>>855128

I suggest we check up on Miki first because...

>Her shoulders slump a bit and her brow furls


since that other "Yang" arrived back where I was, Miki's disappearance has been my prime concern.

>Despite having a somewhat annoyed tone to her, the way she stood showed a deep concern for the woman in question.


We can check in at your HQ place after we've sorted things out with Miki.

>already starting to walk, Ariel tapped her chin in thought before looking back at the suited man


Considering my encounter with your Yang and her attitude...I imagine she's somewhat enjoying her time away from Paparazzi

>Meanwhile Naomi would just sigh and hug Yuuki tight, it was likely those two wouldn't say much for the rest of the night

>...well unless they go berserk, but they were making leaps and bounds in keeping calm

Uzu Sanageyama!Ren/VL7f/Q 855786

File: 1416178059598.jpg (63.63 KB, 355x596, Contrite.jpg)

>>855781
>...Oh no.

>Uzu bolts upright. Standing to attention and with a look of pronounced embarrassment on his face.


L-Lady Satsuki! I...I was just...I thought that it would be a good idea to test the strength of one of the other nations!

>He stammers some more, clearly much more flustered by his loss now that Satsuki knew about it.


Well...I found out! They're really strong, Lady Satsuki, we should be prepared should they attack!

>He maintains his shock stiff position. Once again, his hasty action had cost him the ire of his Lady...Uzu hoped this wouldn't become more of a habit

855792

File: 1416178610575.jpg (155.63 KB, 448x550, kitty.jpg)

>>855034
>>855128
Maybe we should go get Miki first then head to Central.
>Pulling her hood back, a pair of cat ears popped up and she rubbed the back of her head.
>Looking at Ros, she tilted her head.
You remind me of someone...
>>855784
Maybe Miki is treating this like a Vacation.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855793

File: 1416178638466.png (132.4 KB, 370x349, Another Day, Another Bit Of My…)

>>855694

.....

>it seemed as though Xion's mood wasn't going to pick up any time soon

>Crona would continue to stare at her for a few minutes, unsure of how to approach this matter further, or if he even should at all
>he tried to be encouraging, pointed out how the Warden was wrong while also how he could've been right about the cure to lycanthropy, and focusing on how important she was beyond just being the Dragonborn
>maybe now it was best to just leave the subject be and let her think about these things on her own

.....

>he would turn his attention back to the map for the time being, keeping an eye on their path towards the next stop


>>855777
>naturally, during the trip he'd let his eyes wander all around as they moved along, the pleasant surroundings helping to lighten things at least a little bit
>he'd try a couple of times to start a conversation about random stuff, like going for ice cream once they were all done, or about possible expansions to their Greybreath home once they got some money rolling in
>but for the most part he left her alone, trying his best to not overwhelm her with babbling or anything of the sort

>once they actually entered the village, Crona would get slightly uneasy, keeping an eye on the guards at first as he pulled his scarf back up over his mouth

>the villagers that they passed by didn't give them much attention as they moved along, which did put Crona a bit more at ease, but he knew it was only because they were considered "less than worthy", or whatever the term was
>no one looked twice at flies buzzing around, except as a minor annoyance
>he would glance over at Xion as they moved further in, taking a moment to gauge her reaction, then turn his attention to the buildings around them, trying to find something that served as a store for them to restock before moving on

Ros!pR.BaFF/uk 855794

File: 1416178961604.png (230.18 KB, 401x495, 37877770_p6.png)

>>855784
So they really are getting swapped out...

>Being able to confirm one incident by using another was certainly a benefit to figuring out what was going on, and it at least gave a sense of relief that they weren't simply caught up in the multiverse. If it was a specific world, at least it was a locked location.


Oh yeah, she's really been 'living it up', though her taste for fine dining sure hasn't gone away from whatever life she had before. All these unreasonable cooking requests...

>He was pretty sure he'd go bankrupt in a year if he followed her kind of life. Sure, he had a habit of making some impulse purchases, but at least his new sword was more of an investment than the kinds of things she wanted to put in her stomach.


>Leading them out of the building and through South district, it wouldn't take them too long to reach North by going around the Central wall through East. Having left Miki in his house, he hoped Tiffania hadn't caused any problems. It all depended how Miki's attitude was, and he really, really hoped he wouldn't have to explain why there were arrows in this Ariel woman's acquaintance.


>>855792
>Though when the cat ears came out, he couldn't help but stop in his path and stare for a moment. Why was this so-

>Wait. How couldn't he have realised this before!? It was such a simple observation and yet it completely skipped over his mind, right until the moment he saw those cat ears and thought 'those shouldn't be there'.


So Yang swaps for Miki 'Yang', and you swapped with...

>With his finger darting between the two, he took a moment to actually think. Saya and Jo had been swapped out, and given the differences here, when he combined it with how different Miki was to Yang...


You're some kind of Moon Cat Saya, and you-
>his finger wheeled around to point at Ariel
are supposed to be a human Jo, or something?

>Folding his arms at the realisation, he took a moment to check over that human form she had, just to be sure there wasn't anything furry being hidden in plain sight.


... not bad, actually.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855798

File: 1416179821926.png (103.7 KB, 313x296, IDon'tKnowHowToDealWithThis.PN…)

>>855793

>Xion, for a while, doesn't speak very much on the trip. The topic about the Warden is dropped like a bad sandwich, and the silence between them stretched on and on.

>Thankfully, Crona did try to lighten the mood, and out of the dark cloud hovering over Sanctuary, Xion found her gloom lifting a little as well. She would hum and hem at Crona's topics, never quite contributing any substantial words for Crona to work off of.

>>855777

>Entry to the new village does again put a slight damper on Xion's mood, if only because it truly seemed like what Fromniel and Crona said were true about these Drokauhwans. There was an eeriness about how quiet the burgh was, and the lack of any Nord, Elf, Tule, Orc, or any other race from Valorcall felt strangely unnatural.


>Of course, this was Drokauhwan land, she didn't really expect to see many elves in Greybreath (even if a Tule lived somewhat close to the village itself, Xion reminds herself that he didn't live within it either).


...

>Perhaps it's because the idea never occurred to her as a Nobody, or that half of her life she spent in Town after long periods of isolation in The World That Never Was, but the concept of racism still was something she couldn't fully grasp.


>She'd try to compare it to the sort of thing Xemnas would sometimes speak of, how those with Hearts looked down upon those without, that they were lesser than people with Hearts, and thus needed to find ones of their own.

>By now Xion knows it's mostly junk; people without hearts and willfully stayed that way wanted to live without emotions, which allowed them to do whatever they wanted without feelings of guilt or remorse. Axel was a prime example of that, and his machinations to turn Town into a roiling pool of Heartless.

>Meanwhile, if she'd be so bold, Marluxia, a man she had an impression was more narcissistic than anything else, seemed to have actively forged his path towards creating his own heart through good deeds and actions, allowing himself to feel and become his own person all on his own.


>The difference between people with hearts and Nobodies was a willing choice of being a normal person or a sociopath, and it could be changed by someone's action.


>Why then would someone look down on someone else for something they couldn't change, like how they were born as? That was the difference between her own life experience, and what she had been exposed to during her time in Rigel Prima, that continued to bother her to a great extent.


>For the first time since their discussion after parting with Fromniel, she finally mutters under her breath to Crona:


Do you think we should stop? I don't think we're totally welcome here...

>Xion eyes a guard dubiously, who she's noticed seems to be actively looking at them and their wagon.

Kiryuin Satsuki!aLEJudith. 855801

File: 1416180140815.jpg (79.13 KB, 1280x720, (434).jpg)

>>855786
>And once he realized who was there, he scrambled to explain himself. Which, deep down under her stone mask of resolve she secretly found... cute. And while it was a rare thing, she did take a chance to indulge in teasing him in her own almost undistinguishable way when she could. If only to bring some lightness to her otherwise harsh and heavy days.

Indeed. Though it seems the king is legitimately more concerned with our well-being then trying to engage in war with us.

>Her frown softens a bit and soon becomes flat.


Become strong enough to defeat their commander Sanageyama. Do so...

>She turns away and starts to walk for the exit of the Dojo.


...and I'll deem you ready to challenge me once again.

>Another secret of her's she enjoyed seeing Uzu his impassioned and hot-blooded self. It felt more normal for him to be that way, it was one less thing to worry about as well.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855804

>>855798
>>855793
>unfortunately for the travelers, the building of this town weren't as obviously marked as those in Nord territory
>many buildings couldn't be distinguished from others, and any signs would be written in a language completely unfamiliar to both
>luckily, at least one building would keep its doors wide open, showing inside various produce and other food, unmistakeably being a store

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855817

File: 1416181301607.png (1.29 MB, 583x600, Maybe If I Just Stay Here They…)

>>855804
>Crona kept his annoyed expression hidden behind his scarf, trying to find something that resembled a general store like there was in Storm's Nest
>though the use of the different language made more sense given what he and Xion knew about the Drokauhwan
>>855798
>he'd spy the one open doorway just as Xion spoke to him, the question sitting in his mind for a long minute
>she was right, there was definitely a feeling of them being unwelcome hovering around them as they moved along
>but if they really needed the supplies, then they had no real choice in the matter
>he'd turn to look at her, then nod at the rest of the cart behind them

Maybe we should pull over for a moment.

Double-check how much we have right now.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855821

File: 1416181736229.png (33.5 KB, 273x241, SayAgain.png)

>>855804
>>855817

Okay...

>Xion pulls on the reigns to slow Papa to a stop, taking a cautious glance back at their wagon with a slight frown. Though Fromniel wasn't with them long, their supplies were meant for her and Crona, and to last as long as the trip was projected to take.


>With a new set course to the Tower, and the addition of a brief guest, would their supplies last as long as they hoped it would?


>And how long would the Drokauhwans tolerate them being around, for that matter?


You know, if we have enough, we could wait until Laplizuil for supplies too...

>She much rather would prefer it also, given the feeling she had here. The elves didn't seem as chilly as these people did from what past experiences she had with them.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855823

File: 1416182277046.jpg (6.85 KB, 300x168, I Will Win This Staring Contes…)

>>855821
>once they had pulled to a stop, Crona would turn around and reach back, starting to search through them

That's what I'd like to do too...

But if we're not gonna last the trip, then we'll have to see what we can get here...

>he checked on their bag of food primarily, wanting to be certain that they'd make it to Laplizuli instead of starving to death

Uzu Sanageyama!Ren/VL7f/Q 855832

File: 1416183393443.jpg (57.68 KB, 369x590, Calmandcollected.jpg)

>>855801
>He'd heard as much from Hanna, though he wouldn't dare tell that to Lady Satsuki. It was still strange to think that another country they'd not so much even met before would see the need to reach out to them for very little benefit.

>Though his 'eyes' widen at her second proposition...Defeat Hanna and he'd get another chance of facing off against her? Maybe...maybe this was what he needed. If the fight with Matoi hadn't given him the drive he needed...Then he'd fight more, and more, until he couldn't fight any longer! And then maybe that way, he'd be as dazzling as she was.


>Uzu's face morphs from the embarrassed expression he'd adopted previously back to his wide and excited grin that usually had residence on his face.


Yeah...All right Lady Satsuki. I'll beat her, and then you as well...I'm not content to walk behind you, No matter how long it takes, I'll walk alongside you, just to show you that I can!

>He smiles confidently, before he remembers that his uniform's kinda broken...and he hurriedly makes his way to Iori's lab...At least he hadn't broken this one...

855838

File: 1416183835619.jpg (150.31 KB, 500x710, 20622526.jpg)

>>855792
I certainly hope not Saya, her assisting us in this is as important as anyone else's role.

>she crosses her arms and sighs shaking her head a bit


>>855794

>Ariel thinks back to the potted plant where a wedding cake would usually be during these kinds of events...


>She had to wonder just how a cake's counterpart could possibly be a potted plant


>she shook her head a bit though, no need to bother with bringing that up.


But yes...I suppose I'd be a counterpart to this "Jo" person you're talking about, it was my alias while who I was was still under wraps.

I'm surprised how quickly everyone, well aside from Genesis, went from calling me just "Jo" to Captain Vislocke...

>...just now she realizes the comment on how she "Wasn't bad" she freezes for a brief moment, before electing to ignore it and instead start walking backwards and make a few observations on the suited man


I don't suppose you have a few others bouncing around that head of yours like a certain lightning wolf?

>she asked, mostly to change the subject, and in a slightly bored tone.

855842

File: 1416184032311.jpg (300.17 KB, 685x1059, kitty4.jpg)

>>855794
Moon cat?
>Saya just shook her head.
I'm just a neko but my mom is a moon rabbit.
>Watching as Ros looked Ariel over, she folded her arms and looked at the ground.
>>855838
Yeah...
>Looking up at the two, she let out a sigh of her own.
Let's just get there...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855846

File: 1416184105840.png (27.23 KB, 199x222, Euhhhhh.PNG)

>>855823

>The back of the wagon already has half of the sacks gone, and the other half of food still remains untouched in the other two sacks.

>However, from Crona's judgement and the map's direction, Xion knows that they'll be short on food if the happen to pass up getting any supplies in the village itself.

>Xion makes a displeased noise in the back of her throat, also looking back into the interior of the wagon.


...So I guess that's a yes to any supplies, right?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855853

File: 1416184726419.jpg (31.53 KB, 512x288, PUPPY DOG EYES ACTIVATE.jpg)

>>855846
>Crona would let out an agitated noise of his own once the numbers added up in his head

Yeah, that's a yes...

>he turned back around and slumped in his seat, looking over at the open doorway of the store close by

>he wasn't sure if that was even the right one to look for, but it was the only one that even looked remotely accomodating, and it did have food
>he'd look back to Xion, nodding at the doorway

So do you want me to go in, or would you rather do it?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855858

File: 1416185023952.png (96.84 KB, 293x440, LetMePointOutAFlawInYourLogic.…)

>>855853

...

>Xion looks to the open door shop, then back into the wagon, then finally to Crona.

>She stares blankly at him, wondering if she did want to go, and again if she wanted to take charge again and go in herself.

...

>In the end, however, her mind stays stubbornly blank.


...

Rock, paper, scissors for it?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855864

File: 1416185489020.jpg (13.45 KB, 320x180, The Smile.JPG)

>>855858

.....

>Crona gave a brief snicker at the suggestion, finding it so silly at a time like this

>but he'd give a slight shrug, raising a fist up in preparation

On three?

Ros!pR.BaFF/uk 855865

File: 1416185577535.jpg (408.28 KB, 600x800, Sion.(Senyuu).full.1643572.jpg)

>>855838
>Counterpart, huh? An alias? It made a bit more sense, she certainly reminded him of Jo in some regards but the differences were as clear as Miki was when compared to Yang. In some regards, Saya was the-

>Vislocke.

>Vislocke.

>As soon as that word was uttered, his expression changed. Hopping backwards, he turned to face the two of them, holding a prepared stance just as she was asking him whether he had any relation to some kind of 'wolf'. He wasn't listening to any of that, his mind was focused on only one thing - his survival in this particular instance.


>Ros hadn't checked on the Vislocke family of late. He'd seen his newest relative living in the Scarforge household during his trip back, but he didn't want to stick around and get caught. Had this newest addition to their family caught onto his presence somehow?

>>855842
>Not even Saya's words reached him. At this point he was panicking, and a blue flame appeared above his head, his hands beginning to glow blue with energy as he glared towards the blonde woman.

I knew it'd be a bad idea to go back there... you found a way to follow me, then? I'll admit, using the Space-Time Diodes in Vesca to swap out my friends with this bullshit logic got to me a little, but you people clearly need to be more careful when you're trying to bring someone in.

So I'll give you one chance to explain - what are you really doing here?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855866

File: 1416185660595.png (88 KB, 240x410, You Come To Me On This Day For…)

>>855864

>Xion similarly raises a fist, a determined expression crossing her face as she prepares herself.

>She glances briefly at Crona, then back to her own hand.

Okay...rock-paper-scissors!

>Roll 1d3 = 2


>1. Scissors

>2. Rock
>3. Paper

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855868

File: 1416185761801.png (59.92 KB, 244x273, We cool.png)

>>855866
>Crona nodded, and at the same time, made the same call

Rock-paper-scissors!

Roll 1d3 = 2
>1 = Scissors
>2 = Rock
>3 = Paper

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855872

File: 1416185902592.png (320.35 KB, 510x515, Hm_WhatIsIt.PNG)

>>855868

...

..........

..................

>Xion stares incredulously at both their closed fists, knowing she probably should have seen this coming, but still feeling surprised it happened.

>She looks back up at Crona and blinks once, her expression carefully blank.

...So...we both go in?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855876

File: 1416186302070.png (65.35 KB, 207x153, Just Focus On My Face And Not …)

>>855872

.....

>Crona would also stare at their closed fists for a few seconds, wondering what exactly the odds were for that to happen


.....

>he then lets out another snicker, just finding everything about this so impossibly silly

>at Xion's suggestion, he'd give a short nod, holding a hand over his mouth while trying to compose himself

S-Sure, i-if you want...

>he'd turn and hop off of the cart at this, though he'd have to take a minute to try and calm down, letting out a few more chuckles while waiting for Xion

855879

File: 1416186342932.jpg (153.03 KB, 460x640, Milla_Status.jpg)

>>855865

>The sudden defensive stance like this

>Ariel rubbed her brow a bit and stood still before looking to Ros

Followed you? Bring you in...? Really now...

>she folded her arms a bit and shook her head

>His sudden defensiveness...the blue and clearly Vesca born magic a top his head

>She took a moment or two to piece it together, but the lack of animal ears on this Ros, the fact the littler fox said she'd replaced her "Sister"


>She mumbles to herself


Oh by the fairy the ridiculous variances that can come between tears...

>She relaxes a bit and stands still, but she stays in a position where drawing her blade would be simple enough should she have to...


Let me guess, a little over 200 years ago you ran? Look "Ros", if that's your actual name...

>She'd figured this universe's "Ros" was an alias in a similiar vein to her "Jo"


I'm not here by choice, and I'm NOT here to take you back to Vescaria.

>She said in a bit of a commanding and authoritative voice

>...it could either be interpreted in her claiming that she wasn't lying previously, or as a threat

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855882

File: 1416186571491.png (27.23 KB, 199x222, Euhhhhh.PNG)

>>855876

>Xion hops off the wagon as well, and takes a moment to pat Papa's side as he stands placidly in front of the wagon.


We'll be right back, okay Papa?

>She turns and walks around the wagon, then pauses and pouts at Crona, who she's noticed is still laughing about the rock-paper-scissors results.


Oh, 'ha-ha' real funny. Come on, chuckles.

>Xion walks to the shop, her coat's drawstrings jingling as she walks.

855884

File: 1416186719796.png (335.52 KB, 1000x1000, 62c87dcc58a8fc8f395c8b89e3fdfb…)

>>855865
>>855879
>Saya just looked at the two before pulling her hood back up and over her eyes and backing away.
I'll just be over here while you two sort this out.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855889

File: 1416187155303.png (173.83 KB, 365x388, Your Stupidity Is More Painful…)

>>855882
>Crona would straighten up after a few seconds, still trying to keep the snickering at bay

S-Sorry, sorry!

D-Don't know what came over me!

>he close his eyes and take in a breath, which was hampered a bit by the scarf still over his face

>but once he felt calm enough he would fall into step with Xion, moving with her into the shop

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855892

>>855882
>>855889
>once inside, the shop wouldn't provide any surprises
>it had everything one could expect to find in a store, from food to utensils, for farming and other tools, brooms and buckets, simple wooden toys and many other items along its shelves

>behind the counter stood a tall and thin old man, his face wrinkled by the years and giving him a very wise look, coupled by his very long white beard

>he stood completely still, his four arms hidden inside his long sleeves as he simple stared forward at nothing in complete and almost meditative silence

>next to him stood a much younger woman, slightly bent over the counter, her elbow resting over it and her head nested in her hand, with a clear look of boredom on her face

>in front of her also stood a cage, which she would dangle a small string over the furry little creature inside
>while at first glance the animal could easily be mistaken for a mouse, a closer look revealed it was actually a tiny orange and white cat, swinging its small paws at the string attacking it
>once the travelers entered the shop, the woman quickly stood up, needing to brush aside strands of her very long black hair that had fallen in front of her face from the jolt
>she held out a hand in front of her, bowing towards Crona and Xion
Welcome to our store. Please, take your time.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855894

File: 1416188004345.png (86.08 KB, 342x384, Cause If It Is That's AWESOME.…)

>>855889
>>855892

>While Xion at first appears annoyed when she walks into the shop, the lack of surprise and the welcome were more than what she was expecting.

>She offers a smile in return, her moody attitude once again fading for a more pleasant expression.

Thank you, ma'am.

>She looks to Crona aside her, then gestures to the foodstuffs the shop offers.


How much do you think we'll need? A sack? Two?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855902

File: 1416188844699.png (30.43 KB, 212x237, I've Spent The Last Three Hour…)

>>855892
>Crona would walk up beside Xion, looking up at the desk when the woman spoke up
>he would give a short bow to her in turn, then look at Xion when she spoke
>he'd give a hum and look at the food section of the shop, drumming his fingers on his chin as he thought it over

Well...the trip could be anywhere from an extra three to five days...

But then again, if we ration things properly, we could be fine with just a couple of sacks...so just two would be OK, I think.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855905

>>855894
>>855902
>the woman would bow again, politely remaining quiet as the two travelers shopped
...

....

...

...

>her eyebrow would quirk, and she would suddenly jab an elbow at the old man's side


-!
>he snorted awake with a loud jolt, suddenly pointing his finger forward as he shouted while still in a sleepy daze
How must have the giant tortoise!
>he then paused, blinking stupidly as he started piecing together reality

>the woman just reached up, slapping the palm of her hand over her face

Ros!pR.BaFF/uk 855913

File: 1416189471247.jpg (106.15 KB, 1037x841, This is frustrating.jpg)

>>855879
>>855884
>She knew far too much. Her stance, her timing, everything about all of this was off. If he took the time to think logically, there were clues, hints that detailed the truth behind the matter that he was currently refusing to see. What was he supposed to believe? Her affirmation of her own intentions was all well and good, but if he let his guard down it could spell bad things for him.

>Then again, it wasn't as though he had his guard up earlier. Ariel could be as she said she was, though her being a Vislocke didn't quite make sense to him. Whatever it was, she seemed to have her own explanation, whilst he wasn't ready to take that risk.


>The magic in his hands created a pair of elements, fire and ice, that flowed and changed in nature through lightning, earth and water as well.


... fine, but until you give me a reason to believe you in whole, I hope you don't mind if I keep myself prepared.

>If he could at least use her 'good will' to get back to his house, he could get ahold of his gear and equipment. As much as he could use his magical prowess, it would be much easier if he had a blade to counter her own, not to mention being outnumbered whilst in a suit was not a position he wanted to be in. Though he toned down the elemental magic for the moment, he kept channeling the power through his system just in case he might need it.


This way, then.

>Keeping an eye on them every few seconds, he continued to lead them around the central wall and into North District, albeit with a much more tense atmosphere than before. It wouldn't be long before they made it to his house, but he couldn't be sure whether they would try anything the moment they were alone.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855915

File: 1416189514904.png (34.57 KB, 271x262, But Today Isn't Soft Serve Day…)

>>855902

>Xion nods in agreement, stepping forward to collect some food-


>>855905

-!!

>However, the old man's sudden shout makes her jump, her eyes snapping wide in surprise.

>She whorls around and looks to the source of the shout, clearly startled, and unsettled by the confusing declaration.

...

>Apparently the older man was napping.

>Still, she hadn't met many people who could be that articulate coming out of a daze.

...

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855919

File: 1416190225974.png (67.58 KB, 244x273, What the fuck is that.png)

>>855905

-!

>Crona jolted as well, turning to look up at the older Drokauhwan in surprise


...OK then...

>>855915
>he'd then follow along with Xion to where the food was set up, scanning along the shelves for what exactly to nab
>he'd glance back at the counter every so often, curious as to what else the man was going to blurt out, but trying to focus on their task ahead of them

855921

File: 1416190344136.png (673.34 KB, 645x893, 43504649_p2.png)

>>855913

>She sees him create the elements that floated about and around his hands, she sighed to herself thinking somewhat sarcastically, "Cute, he's flexing his ego by showing off his magic", while it was an understandable precaution, Ariel couldn't help but feel it un-needed.


An understandable precaution, let's just try to avoid any unneeded violence, shall we?

>She voices outloud as she started following after him again


>>855884

Come on now Saya.

>Ariel said with a bit of a sigh, rolling her eyes slightly.


>>855913

>As they started walking again, Ariel tapped her chin as she looked down at the elemental magic flowing again...


...small question while we walk though, is your Ignis as big mouthed as ours? You know, super noisy, runs around energetically a lot, but unless she's eating something seems to run out of that energy super quick?

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855923

>>855915
>>855919
>still very confused, the old man would slowly look around his shop
>he would sigh, looking extremely disappointed with himself as he spoke softly
It seems my regrets still haunt me to this day...[/i]

>to which the young woman would just roll her eyes at

You can deal with your haunting in your own time, grandfather, but the store is not a place to sleep.
>she paused for a second
And will you get over that turtle? How could we even have afforded to take care of that thing?

[b]For the welfare of such a majestic creature, I would have gladly payed any price.


But I would be the one who would have to clean up all of its-

Mew!
>the tiny feline would cry out from its cage, having tangled itself with the string

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855925

File: 1416190998377.png (73.41 KB, 205x353, ThinkOfSomethingToSay!___Uhm__…)

>>855923

...

>Giant turtle?

>Xion stares at the two with a slightly more preturbed expression. Something about regrets and a big tortoise sounded awfully familiar to her...

>>855919

>A sidelong glance at Crona reminded her exactly of what it was, and with a slight embarrassed cough, she returns to picking out food for the rest of their trek.


>The last thing she wanted to do was remind him about the huge tortoise he saw back in Storm's Nest; she's still surprised they managed to leave without it.

855929

File: 1416191470135.jpg (39.08 KB, 368x600, 17241541_m.jpg)

>>855913
>Walking after him, the mage held her staff ready as she followed.
>>855921
Yes.
>Looking up as she asked the question, she raised an eyebrow.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855932

File: 1416191713407.png (67.48 KB, 244x273, I don't want to live on this p…)

>>855923

.....

>it'd take a few seconds for the man's rambling to click in Crona's head, making a connection to something very similar that he'd already encountered


.....

>>855925
>despite Xion's wishes, Crona would soon let out a disheartened sigh, idly picking up various food items to add to their purchase
>he'd mutter under his breath with a saddened tone, careful enough to not let the ones at the desk overhear

Man, that was an awesome turtle...

Ros!pR.BaFF/uk 855934

File: 1416191812585.png (80.96 KB, 600x600, 39788569_p21.png)

>>855921
>>855929
I'll keep this magic to myself so long as you keep yours to yourself.

>It was an honest but frustrated statement, as though he wasn't ready to admit whether he was wrong or right about the situation. He would rather have left the matter be in the hopes that it would all go away once these people were back where they came from, but there was also the chance they had their own agenda like he thought.


>That said, her comments about Ignis actually got him to think a little bit. As much as he didn't feel like talking to her, the way she spoke about Ignis, or what she called 'her version' of the spirit, with such a strangely familiar tone to her voice felt.... weird, to be blunt.


If she were, she'd probably be less aggravating to be around, rather than constantly trying to put that 'cool' kind of 'better than you' attitude. I'd prefer Sylph over her.

>Leading them up through the streets, he finally reached the fence outside his house, walking up to and opening the gate. Though he was still tense, he did have a sense of wanting to get the basics out of the way first, and the sooner he could get out of this damned suit the better he'd feel, and perhaps the calmer he'd be.


She should be inside, unless she's just decided to take off without a care.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855936

File: 1416192149551.png (96.84 KB, 293x440, LetMePointOutAFlawInYourLogic.…)

>>855932

>While Crona certainly didn't speak loud enough for those at the desk to hear, Xion can hear the pink haired swordsman clearly from her proximity.

>She rolls her eyes, then places a few boxes in Crona's skinny arms.

It's just a turtle, Crona. You barely take care of your Pokemon, what are you going to do with a full-sized giant thing like that?

>A part of her wonders what their Pokemon are doing, for that matter. Aside grooming her Zorua he seemed to content himself to running out of the Manor and playing in the forest where she had found him.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855942

File: 1416192547161.png (441.1 KB, 1136x640, The Colour Of This Pen In My H…)

>>855936
>Crona took the boxes without protest, letting out another airy sigh soon after

I'd have paid just to ride it for a bit...

>he pauses, then looks at Xion and speaks in a positive tone, having just got an idea


That's what we could've done with it.

We could've paid people just to ride it for a bit. Like pony rides!

Make a bit of money, you know?

855943

File: 1416192559599.gif (613.2 KB, 170x170, tumblr_myh1ubI5Z01s8nccpo2_250…)

>>855929
>>855934

Well fair is fair I suppose, although it's rather unprofessional of you to be practically threatening a Captain like this...

>Ariel nods, leaving it at that, and acknowledging that as long as she didn't hurt him he wouldn't try to hurt her


>The fact this Ros did in fact know the Elemental spirits of Mo'galile all but confirmed her theory...


That's almost hard to believe, a spirit of fire acting like that...

>She chuckles and just shakes her head a bit before slowly walking up to the door and knocking


I certainly hope she hasn't run off, without worry of Paparazzi around it sounds like something she'd do.

>There's a brief pause after she knocks and she looks behind herself at Saya and Ros


...well that and try to get me to drink while on duty, even if she knows that's a no go.

>She stood there a bit impatiently

>She knew that if Miki was in there, she'd likely answer the door soon

855945

File: 1416192781006.jpg (223.93 KB, 424x600, 32261430_m.jpg)

>>855934
Knowing Miki, that's more than likely to happen.
>>855943
I don't like having to be the one to drive you two home when you do go out to drink.
You always play with my ears.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855946

File: 1416192828449.png (8.17 KB, 100x100, Seriously.png)

>>855942

>Xion stares at Crona, her expression carefully flat.


...

...

...Here, hold these.

>Xion drops some more vegetables into Crona's thin arms, making an impressive balancing technique start to play out in front of her.


>She collects some more foodstuffs on the shelves, mostly non-perishable types that would last during the trip, and then heads for the counter where the shopkeepers had been sitting at.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855949

File: 1416193280089.png (198.66 KB, 519x312, Wait, There's HOW Many Jellybe…)

>>855946
>Crona's knees would bend once the vegetables were added to the pile, his eyes widening as he tried to keep everything level
>he'd carefully turn and follow Xion to the counter, moving much slower than her to keep everything steady, though he'd sway from side to side at times due to the weight
>he'd remain quiet as he followed, but inwardly he'd grumble

I thought it was a good idea...

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855950

>>855946
>>855949
>the woman stood up straighter as the two approached the counter, only giving the outsiders a kind smile

>the old man would brush his long beard, humming as he saw the amount of items brought over by the black swordsman

A long journey awaits ahead of you? Perhaps we could interest you in some fine blankets to aid your nights on the road.

>the woman's expression would turn blank, glancing aside at the old man, muttering under her breath

You finally begin doing your job, and it's about sleeping...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855956

File: 1416194513640.png (6.31 KB, 172x180, Kidding~!.png)

>>855949
>>855950

>To the offer, Xion shakes her head slightly and offers a sheepish smile.


We already have some blankets for the trip, sorry; sight-seeing Valorcall and everything for vacation. The Nord's lands are so chilly that we bought some a while ago!

>Good thing that they had come from up there, the blankets they had were useful in that colder atmosphere. She still wasn't particularly fond of the cold herself.


We're just in the market for some food supplies today, thank you.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855959

>>855956
>the old man would happily nod his head
You are very fortunate! The snowy fields of the Nord lands only get more beautiful as the winter months make their approach. it is, as the Elves say, "when Skadi's teary laughter becomes its most purest."

>the woman leaned forward over the counter, silently staring at the items in the swordsman's arms

...
>and very quickly, she picked up the exact price without the need to look any closer
That will be twenty silver and three bronze, please.

855968

File: 1416196219067.jpg (84.7 KB, 282x226, official.jpg)

>>855328
>The girl nods, completely unaware of Rock's inner thoughts.

"Okay! Maybe you can tell me a bit about this world on the way, since I'm still pretty new here, and its not like we had any brochures on the ride over."

>She set's the phone back down, and smiles up at Rocks.


"So, lead on, I guess~?"

>If Rocks starts on his way, the girl would follow after, though her way of carrying herself as she does so would almost seem more like she's skipping, it's hard to tell if she's doing it on purpose or not either, since she she does it so gracefully.


>It looks very different from the way the short tempered little girl Rocks knows rushes around, and is somehow a lot slower as well, despite Mira's much longer legs.

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 855971

File: 1416196911005.jpg (37.53 KB, 394x348, what is it.jpg)

>>855968
>the mage just nods his head, sliding his hands in his pockets and starting to head out
>he occasionally glanced behind him, noticing the strange way of walking, but not questioning it so as to not offend her
>they made their way out of the lounge and out of the foyer into the outside, the mage stopping and turning to Mirabelle
have you ever ridden a horse? Because I can get us there much than on foot.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855973

File: 1416197312852.png (177.97 KB, 473x500, Didn'tDoIt_Noooope!.png)

>>855959

>With Crona carrying the majority of their items, Xion takes her time digging around in her pockets for her coin purse. Since they had prepared for this journey, the interior had nothing but coins for Valorcall specifically, her bits left at home for the time being.

>The purse was quite lighter than when they started the trip, and it makes Xion relieved to know they won't have to make a long travel back from their destination afterwards. She doubts they'd be able to afford the supplied to go back to Storm's Nest from Laplizuli.

Eighteen...nineteen...twenty silver, and here are the three bronze.

>Xion collects the coins in her hand, and carefully hands them over to the shopkeeper, the glimmering money chiming softly as they clink and rub together.

>She looks back into her own coin purse briefly to see how much she has left.

>Roll 1d3 - 1 = 2 Gold

>Roll 1d10 - 2 = 0 Silver
>Roll 1d20 - 3 = 9 Bronze
>if negative, number sets to 0 for selection

855977

File: 1416197712453.jpg (204.6 KB, 1000x760, mmd_seeu_by_rooftoprains-d4nsa…)

>>855971
>The girl pauses at this, and gets an almost panicked look on her face.

"...Uh...Um..."

>This question is a lot more awkward for her than well, most other ones, but if she wants to keep her cover she really has to think up some excuse quickly, cause she's not sure how he'd react to "Well, I'm a Pony so...riding horses would just be...weird."...and freaking out because well, its not like she hadn't heard things like that said about "Pony Sympathizers" back home sometimes.


"...I...Uh..."

>...She's got it. That could work.


"The city where I live...its...not really built very well for...um, riding horses. There's...lots of water and the roads are for cars, so..."

>Her explanation just sort of drifts off. Followed by her fidgeting a bit more.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855978

>>855973
>the woman gladly took the coins in her hand, then bowed towards Xion
Thank you for your business.

>the old man smiled widely, bowing as well

May your travels be safe, and the wonders of this land plentiful.

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 855982

File: 1416198256071.jpg (68.54 KB, 431x694, what did you do that for.jpg)

>>855977
>the mage frowned a little, the trip having been much more simple could he simply summon Sleipnir to carry them
>while he was used to making the path from the Manor to Town on foot, he wasn't sure if someone like her would be able to handle it
Well... It's going to be about an hour walk, so if you think you can last that long...
>he nodded with his head again for her to follow as he started making his way down the front steps
So, you keep talking about a manager and a show... Are you an actor, or a musician?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855983

File: 1416198319442.jpg (92.55 KB, 423x750, Another Heart for My Collectio…)

>>855978

>Two gold and only nine bronze? She hoped Crona had the rest, though she vaguely remembers him paying for plenty of supplies while they were at Storm's Nest too.

>She keeps these thoughts private, and closes her coin purse, which she slips into her pocket.

Thank you! I hope you both have a good day!

>With the foodstuff collected, Xion motions for Crona to follow her back outside to the wagon, looking pleased by how polite (if generic) the shop had been for them both.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 855986

File: 1416199045367.png (59.92 KB, 244x273, We cool.png)

>>855978
>Crona would look past the collection of items in his arms at the two, then nodded gratefully to them shortly after they spoke

Thank you very much.

>>855983
>he would then turn and slowly follow Xion out of the store, being careful to keep the boxes balanced as they exited
>he almost tripped when he reached the steps to move to the ground, but he managed to avoid spilling everything everywhere
>he would carefully make it towards the cart, then speak rather lightly to Xion

Well...that went pretty well, didn't it?

855988

File: 1416199137214.png (271.92 KB, 488x669, korean_vocaloid__seeu_by_zaicy…)

>>855982
>She does her best to smile in response to the first bit.

"I should be fine...well, if we don't have to run too much. I mean my shows usually keep me on my feet for at least that long."

>She...hopes that will be the same for walking, it can't be worse than all the dancing she does at least.


"I'm a singer, well, I mean I do some modeling on the side as well, so I guess you'd call me an Idol? It can be really exhausting and stressful sometimes, but it makes a lot of people happier about their daily lives when they come to see my shows, so it's definitely worth it~."

>She smiles to herself at this, and it does seem like she honestly enjoys her job. Though it doesn't take long before she purses her lips.


"My manager is kind of a worrywart though, and he's probably freaking out right now...so uh...maybe we should take the horse...I mean, if its not too hard to do for someone who hasn't ever ridden one before?"

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 855989

File: 1416199611193.jpg (15.29 KB, 500x353, Sebastian_Kitten Parade.jpg)

>On the path towards Wayne Mansion, between tall creaking oaks and rustling elm trees, Sebastian walks onwards at a sedate pace along a worn dirt path that lead straight to the manor proper.
>His slow walking is to his companion's benefit, an old Equestrian by the name of Sugardust Lollipop who held a talent for creating confections, and a heart as big as a full-grown stallion.
>But he's in no particular rush anyway, as their destination would not be going anywhere of its own accord. His timing would prove correct too, as their estimated time of arrival would place them squarely around dinnertime. A blessing for Sugardust, he suspects. For himself, he required no food. Souls were the only thing he could digest, and even then, he didn't necessarily need to eat them in order to survive as he was already.
>He was more excited for the opportunity to fix his ruined suit, which was starting to smell of dried blood at this point. He'd likely need a good shower as well.

>To pass the time, Sebastian takes it upon himself to chatter about whatever comes to mind, to fill the eerie silence covering the forest itself.


Well, as we may run into our counterparts in this world at some point, what do you suppose you might be like, Mr. Lollipop?

>It was clear that he himself hadn't become the owner of Wayne Manor, though he still held hope that he remained as the butler of the wonderful estate. He couldn't easily see himself as anything else, especially considering many manor residents were the people who had freed him from an existence of repetition and torment.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 855992

>>855983
>>855986
>as the two outsiders left the store, a low yet threatening growl would sound out from nearby
>that growl had come from their giant chameleon, a sound very clearly meant to be intimidating

>the reason for this growl would then be obvious, as two figures have approached the wagon

>one if a very large brown haired man man in heavy and ornate armor, his cape being colored magenta
>the other is a shorter woman with long blond hair, wearing a blue dress and having a very nervous disposition around the giant chameleon
>but what was surprising was that neither of the two held a second pair of arms, the strangers looking like Nords instead

>the large man would only grunt back at the growling reptile

Shut up, fly breath![/i]

>the woman would shiver behind him, jumping with each of the chameleon's growls

W-Will you stop making that thing angry, you idiot!?

>the man would glare back at his cowering partner, but then notice the approaching figures

[b]There they are!

>he would point towards Xion and Crona, then hold up his hand
[B] Hail, Dragonbo-OW![/b]
>only to be interrupted by a very quick slap to the back of his head by the woman, who would lower her voice to a hush
You fool! They're supposed to be in disguise!

Right... I forgot...
>the man would grumble, then lift his hand again
Hail! Uhm... People of no real importance!

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 855995

File: 1416200295599.png (54.37 KB, 214x360, DayAlreadyIsTurningOutWeird.PN…)

>>855986

>Xion nods with a small hum.


I guess it di-

>>855992

Eh-?

>Xion stops, her small smile vanishing at the sight of someone near their wagon, and old Papa. At first she wonders if they happen to be bandits, given how negatively Papa was acting towards them with a noise she hadn't heard him make the whole trip.

>But the people didn't seem to be bandits from how they were dressed, the man looking more like a decorated warrior and the woman someone ready for a ball or social event.

-!

>Xion freezes up with a small jolt, her eyes snapping wide in surprise from the man's very close reveal to who or what she was.

>They had been so careful on the trip already! Who were these people?

>The man's correction elicits a blank stare from Xion, clearly confused on what she should feel or how she should even react to this completely unexpected occurrence.


...Hail?

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 856002

File: 1416200602859.png (58.46 KB, 500x515, tumblr_inline_n15u5wkLGS1rn40q…)

>>855989
>Sugardust Lollipop, an Equestrian thrown from his own world only to land in one strangely simmilar to the one he was used to. He had considered it a blessing that he had been pulled into this world with one so reliable as Sebastian for this bizzare twist of events.

>The walk to Wayne Manor had been quite a longer walk then he had anticipated. Of course with no paved road to lead them directly there, it seemed this was indeed the most ideal route. The woods reminded him of the Everfree forest back home. Such wild unkept lands roaming with animals that seemed to behave just well on their own without Equine aide.


>Of course what Sebastian had pondered had given him food for thought. Until now he hadn't thought about how he could be different in this world or any other. Ignorance is bliss as they say.


I can't say I could imagine. I never once dreamed that there could be more then one of me.

>He lets out a small laugh as he looks up at Sebastian.


Imagine, an entire chain of "Lillipop's Sweets and Treats" all throughout the land. I would never have to worry about the other stores because I'm already there.

>The thought sent him onto a rather amused little fantasy involving the notion. Talking on the phone with himself, attending meetings at tables surrounded by other versions of him. Talking to himself so much one would believe he had gone mad.


I can't possibly picture myself being much different then I am now. Hmmm, perhaps this version of myself decided to become one of those super heroes like in those comics Billy enjoys so much. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856011

File: 1416200988680.png (111.85 KB, 217x258, DUDE! Not Cool!.png)

>>855992

-?!

>Crona halted in his tracks after he heard the voices nearby, so abruptly that he almost tipped over the supplies he was carrying

>he swayed back and forth to try and get things balanced again, causing him to miss the first chunk of what the two were saying

.....

>THUD!


>however, he did catch the man almost calling Xion by her true title

>which had hit him so forcefully that he did drop the boxes he had been carrying

>>855995

.....

>there was a brief period of time where he would just stand there and stare at the two of them, as though they were two oversized piles of manure that someone had inconsiderately left for them right by their cart

>Xion would notice that Crona was staring at the large armoured man in particular, his eyes clearly fixed into an incensed glare
>the fact that his hands were balled up into fists at his sides only enforced that he was not happy with this

.....

>he would take in a deep breath, carefully letting it back out through his scarf

>he would then lean over to mutter to her, though his voice still had a bit of an edge to it

This will not end well.

>he then knelt down and started gathering up their food again, carefully brushing the dirt off of anything that had fallen out just to be safe

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856016

File: 1416201115863.png (41.84 KB, 165x268, tumblr_mdiz4jEQqK1rp6vzco7_250…)

>meanwhile in Ihnna Woods, another duo was chatting

So basically, I don't need to say the names of the attacks.

>Hueco spoke to Alice, holding a small journal


They're for empowerment purposes. Which is better, firing a blast of energy at your target withhout a word, or shouting "Midnight Encore!" in a dramatic fashion

>as he spoke, he hand motions to portray his excitement towards the subject. He opened his notebook to reveal a bunch of doodles of him using his attacks. They looked like doodles you'd find in a school notebook


>the attacks had names like Midnight Encore, Afternoon Chorus, Noon Bridge, etc.


All of them are energy manipulation or force fields... Like my punch attack

>he swung a fist in the air


Is putting a force field around my fist, to enhance it. Twilight A Capella as I call it.

And I've been learning to make these forcefield abilities more versatile~


>>855989
>>856002
>too much into the subject, he didn't notice either of the arrivals from Reverse World, or aware of Sebastian's relationship with his counterpart.

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 856019

File: 1416201174158.jpg (90.3 KB, 494x368, lets rock.jpg)

>>855988
>the mage stopped, turning back with a confident smile
Are you sure? Trust me, it won't be any trouble at all, you only have to hold on tight.
>he slide a hand out of his pocket, a black flame suddenly coating it as he pointed towards the ground
Sleipnir!
>the black fire leaped forward, growing in size and intensity, before it began to twist and take shape
>the black horse would be formed out of the flames, its burning wings spread widely as it stomped a stone hoof on the dirt
>the mage quickly made his way close tot he construct, giving it a pet on the head to show that it was safe
Come on, you don't have to worry. He's perfectly tame.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 856031

>>855995
>>856011
>strangely, or thankfully, none of the inhabitants of the town seemed to have picked up on what the man had said
>there were whispers and some indignant frowns, but all were aimed at the loud voice being used by the large man

>the man in magenta didn't seem to be bother by any of this, or the glare being given to him by the black swordsman

>he would heavily step forward, followed closely behind by the woman in blue
We have come bearing a message from-
>only to immediately be interrupted by the woman again, speaking in a much quieter voice
W-We came all the way from Greybreath! We have important news from...
>she would take a second to look over her shoulder, making sure no one was passing by before she leaned towards the Dragonborn, speaking even quieter
From Chief Bearbreaker, regarding your... Well, your "condition"...
>the heavy man would growl lowly, shoving the woman aside to speak to the Dragonborn directly
That's right! There's a good chance you won't need to travel all the way south now!
>the woman would then shove the large man back, turning tot he Dragonborn with a very wide smile
You might find your cure right here! Not far from this town! Isn't that great!

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856037

File: 1416202046147.png (96.84 KB, 293x440, LetMePointOutAFlawInYourLogic.…)

>>856011
>>856031

>Xion stares at the two for a long while, still with her blank expression, then lifts a finger and points to the wagon.


As much as I appreciate that, you two, I already asked the Great Warden in Sanctuary, and the closest place for that cure is apparently all the way in Laplizuli.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm happy the Chief is trying to help me as much as he has, but this lead is pretty solid for us both, so we're gonna take it. It isn't like a little longer roadtrip will hurt either; it's been pretty nice so far.

>Aside her and Crona arguing, but that was only after they left Sanctuary itself.

856040

File: 1416202149997.png (284.71 KB, 900x445, zklmx1.png)

>>856019
>The girl gasps as Sleipnir appears.

>....Its a relief that it doesn't talk at least.


"...."

>Its also huge and absolutely terrifying, but...the way he made it appear means it must be a Stand? So if he's saying its safe, she can trust him.


"Oh...okay. So, do you get on first and then help me up...or is it the other way around?"

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856041

File: 1416202316114.jpg (347.41 KB, 600x800, e5461744566889dca38099af8a3857…)

>>856016
I see...

>In a clearing just off the path, Alice leaned against a tree with her arms crossed, giving Hueco a rather bored and unimpressed look as he explained to her why he named his attacks.


... I hope you realize that you're completely giving yourself away when you do that. It's the same thing as shouting "I'm going to attack you now!" to your opponent.

>With a flick of one of her fingers, suddenly, thin, but long and sharp spike of what appeared to be bone would burst out of the ground, mere inches away with Hueco.


>After a moment, it would retreat back into the ground, disappearing from sight, only leaving a hole in the ground.


See? I'd bet you didn't expect that, because I didn't tell you I was going to do it.

>It was very clear that she still thought of him as an idiot, and his explanations only reinforced that opinion about him.


>>855989
>>856002
>However, at the voices only a few yards away, Alice's curiosity leads her to lean around the tree to see just who it was traveling down the path towards the mansion.

>Peering through the trees in search of the source of the two voices, Alice catches a few glimpses of them. One was one of those horse-things she's never really cared to interact with, so she didn't pay it much mind. However, at the sight of the second person...


... !

>Alice's eyes open wide, her pupils dilating in an instant rage-fueled adrenaline rush at the mere sight of the man, or rather, monster, walking down the road. Clenching her fists to the point of her knuckles turning completely white, she immediately begins to sprint towards the stranger and the familiar face, her eyes filled with a bloodthirsty, furious look. She doesn't even bother notifying Hueco just what she saw, before running after the demon.


>As she finally came to the edge of the road, panting slightly, Alice looked up at Sebastian. She was baring her teeth in an awful grimace, and was even shaking due to the amount of hatred she was feeling at that moment. To just show up like this, completely unannounced... It never gave her time to prepare herself, and contain her emotions.


You...[i/]

>She whispers through her clenched teeth.


[i]How... dare you?!

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856042

File: 1416202422282.png (69.22 KB, 244x273, I call bullshit.png)

>>856031
>Crona would glance up at the two Nords as they spoke, still rather annoyed with the both of them for being so forward with their mission
>while the woman was at least trying to be discreet, the man either wasn't thinking enough or just flat out didn't care, and that only served to infuriate him
>he would listen as they mentioned a new cure having arisen, and opened his mouth to ask for more information
>>856037
>but stops when Xion states rather clearly that she had no intention of following that lead anyway
>so he looked back down and resumed gathering up their supplies, though he kept an ear open to make sure he didn't miss anything

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 856043

File: 1416202513313.jpg (62.54 KB, 295x393, keep calm.jpg)

>>856040
>the redhead patted the side of the black horse, making it lower itself onto the ground for it to be much easier to get on
>the mage then simply jumped on top of it, holding out his hand towards Mirabelle
Like I said, just hold on tight. He won't go very fast, I promise, I won't let you fall.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856045

File: 1416202967006.png (144.02 KB, 337x285, Sebastian_WellThisWasUnexpecte…)

>>856002

>Sebastian smiles at the thought of Sugardust's shops becoming a chain, offering his fine sweets through the land. It certainly would surpass the quality of Slugworth's Sweets, which while prolific had very little quality to them compared to Sugardust's artisan creations.


>His second musing elicits a small chortle from the butler.


A super hero, eh? That would be most impressive to see, what would you even-?

>>856016
>>856041

...Hmn?

>Though Sebastian had heard faint voices in the forest, he had been opting to keep to himself with Mr. Lollipop on their walk.

>He's surprised to see that isn't the case, as their path is impeded by a rather furious young woman.

>Sebastian slows to a stop and stares blankly at her, catching the whisper but appearing dreadfully confused all the same.


How dare I...?

>He blinks once, then looks at the path he and Mr. Lollipop had been walking on.

>He recalled Mr. Shishigami mentioning that Wayne Manor was its own nation, was there perhaps a toll to use the road to the manor now?
>He glances back to the trembling woman, and clears his throat awkwardly.

I...must apologize, but is something the matter, Miss?

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 856049

>>856042
>>856037
The... "Warden"?
>the woman's face would turn into a frown, as she dismissively grunted
That guy? What does that little blowhard know-!
>only for her to be silenced this time, the large man quickly covering her mouth with his hand and turn to the Dragonborn
What my partner means is, w-well, we're sure the Warden's wisdom is grand[/i] and, uh, stuff, but this new cure is really good!
>the woman would reach up, pushing down the arm of the man so she could speak again
And it's really-really-really close too! Honest! it's only, like, thirty minutes?
>she would look up quizzically at the man
Twenty five, easily!
>then back to the Dragonborn
Twenty minutes if your ride is fast!
>the two Nords would look aside at the large chameleon
...

...

>then again at the Dragonborn

So, thirty minutes.

Yeah! Just a thirty minute detour!
>the woman would slide under the man's arm, stepping to the side of the Dragonborn with another wide smile
Just think about it like this! You can take a little of your time to check this out, and if it turns out to work, you just saved a whole week of travel!

Yeah, yeah! A whole week of not sleeping in a bed-
Of eating canned food-
Of dealing with that thing's smell![/i]
>he would stick a thumb towards the chameleon
But if it turns out to not work, [u]although
it will, it only took an hour of your time, at most! So, when you think about it-
[b]It would be really silly-

Very silly!
Not take advantage of such a great situation!

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 856050

>>856045
>>856041
>>856016
>At the sound of the rather stressed sounding yell, Sugardust would look back forward to see the two people standing before them. One of them, a woman who seemed to be rather irritable at the moment. One could only wonder what she was so distraught about.

>The other was a....man? It was rather hard to tell with such a slime physic. Either way he seemed to possess ears different then the human he appeared to be, and a tail to match.


Oh, so terribly sorry. This is the way to Wayne Manor is it not? We were told we would be able to stay there until we were able to return home.

>Somehow, he felt that despite the ninja's words something horrible awaited them.


Perhaps it would be more convieniant if we were to come back another time?

856051

File: 1416203407930.jpg (7.72 KB, 191x264, images (12).jpg)

>>856043
>The girl grabs onto his hand and pulls herself up, taking a seat sideways, cause well, if nothing else it seems like it might keep her skirt from flapping too much...and well, it seems like it'd just be really awkward to ride it any other way in these sort of clothes.

>Roll 1d1000 = 834 Odds, not that it isn't a little awkward cause she's basically sitting on the redhead's lap with her arms wrapped around him.


>Evens, she somehow made it to the back of the horse at least, but its sort of terrifying, so while her legs are more or less sideways, overall she's at an angle due to how tightly she's holding onto Rocks' back.


>Regardless,


"So...I guess...we're...off then?"

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856056

File: 1416203658682.jpg (36.14 KB, 500x600, tumblr_mloioz2Dvh1so2c95o5_500…)

>>856041
True..

>telegraphing your attacks like that is always a no no.


...But my attacks always seem weaker if I don't call the names. At least they feel weaker.

>he flicked his eyes to the bone spike, cringing at the thought of that hitting him. But, snapped back to attention once he noticed something seemed wrong.


Alice?

>he went after her... Then he say him. That black suit, that well kept appearance... Sebastian. Hueco's right eye changed to that of his true form's, a black void with 3 tiny red dots in the middle. Each individual dot appeared to be able to move independently, as if Hueco could look at multiple things at once.


>"After I forced him away he comes back so soon...?"


>he drew his claws which gleamed in the moonlight.


>>856045
>>856050
>Hueco looked to the pony.

Stay away from him, he's only trying to trick you! You're not the only one he's trying to manipulate.

>he then looked to Sebastian.


We're going to have to do this again, aren't we?

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 856057

File: 1416203674827.jpg (57.46 KB, 379x596, you were staring dont lie.jpg)

>>856051
>the mage grinned lightly
That's the spirit!
>he patted the horse's neck, causing it to rise to its hooves once more
>it galloped forward, its pace quick, but not fast enough that the ride was turbulent
>slowly, Mirabelle would be able to notice that the horse was getting farther away from the floor
>it wasn't flying with its wings, but its hooves somehow rode on the air itself
We should reach the Town in no time, but you're going to have to tell me where the hotel is. It shouldn't be hard to find it from the air.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856059

File: 1416203808986.png (48.64 KB, 274x298, I Don't_I Can't.PNG)

>>856042
>>856049

...

.......

..............

>Xion stares at the two longer, her eyes slowly narrowing the more they talk.

>This reminded her vaguely of Hyde's training ages ago, during one of his lectures about people to not trust.
>And while she typically ignored anything that had to do with Crona, on the grounds that she knew he hated him on principle, this situation was lining up with the almost cartoonishly sketchy sort of attitude she had been warned about.
>In fact, she's so certain of it, she decides to ask them both point blank:

...Why are you both acting so weird?

856061

File: 1416204150826.jpg (117.44 KB, 1155x691, oliver_and_seeu_by_4n1m3f4n-d5…)

>>856057
>Just as she starts to think this might be okay....

>Nope it is pure terror!


>With a barely supressed scream that is more like a squeak, her grip gets tighter and she buries her face into Rocks' back.


"Just...tell me when we land..."

>She says though her voice is muffled a bit by her massive mane of hair.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856062

File: 1416204185775.png (46.4 KB, 160x180, Did You Get Into My Stash Befo…)

>>856049

.....

>Crona had to keep his eyes focused on the dirt below him so as to not turn up and stare at the duo incredulously

>either they were so utterly incompetent at their jobs that they just didn't realize how stupid they sounded...
>or they were trying very hard to lead them away somewhere, and failing at making it seem natural

>>856059
>Xion's question was enough of an incentive for Crona to decide to weigh in as well
>having piled the boxes together as neatly as possible, he dusts his hands off and stands back up

And while we're at it...

>he'd then turn to look at the two of them again, an eyebrow raised while he spoke in a cool tone


What exactly is this cure that you're talking about?

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 856063

File: 1416204456189.jpg (111.15 KB, 496x595, super happy victory.jpg)

>>856061
>the mage would glance back at her with worry, but he figured the trip wouldn't last very long
>an hour's walk would easily be made in just fifteen minutes by the winged horse, but rather than remain on the air, the mage would bring the construct down as they reached the city of Town
>the construct landed, once again dropping down until its belly touched the ground so the two would have a much easier time getting off
We're here, Mirabelle. I'm sorry about making you go through that, but see? Like I said, you didn't fall off!
>he grinned jokingly, trying to be friendly to get her out of her frightened mood

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856064

File: 1416204510781.jpg (175.28 KB, 1000x1109, 5d4d41bd5006b983d8137266f09a0c…)

>>856050
>>856056
>Alice nods slightly at Hueco's warning to the stranger, wanting him to leave as well.
>Glancing for just a small moment at the stranger, Alice looks back at Sebastian.

This... filth has tricked you. He's a lying, manipulative bastard.

>>856045
>Continuing to glare at her arch-nemesis, Alice struggled to keep herself from lashing out and attacking Sebastian right that instant, before even transforming.

First... You murder me... Now you... feign ignorance of who I am?!

>Suddenly, Alice grabs hold of... the skin on her own neck. Still trembling in rage, her grip tightens on the skin to the point of it seeming painful.


You didn't expect to see me again, did you... Sebastian?

>She says the demon's name with so much raw spite and hatred, that she nearly simply growls it out like an animal, rather than a human.


>Suddenly, Alice's hand glows with a bright, yellowish-white light before pulling on her skin, eliciting a sickening, disgusting tearing sound to come from it. As she pulled the skin, her entire body began to glow the same color until it appeared that she tore the skin as if she were removing a cloak. As the bright glow dissipated, it revealed not the girl from before, but a tall, tan and muscular woman wearing a very strange outfit that itself appeared to be alive, dripping with saliva and the flesh-like insides pulsating slightly. Next to her were two enormous, high-tech looking swords, carried by a pair of bat-like creatures.


>Despite her drastic physical change, however, her expression didn't change. She was still glaring at Sebastian with the utmost hatred, clenching her fists.


I'm not going to allow you... to hurt anyone else.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 856065

>>856059
>the two Nords would stop, staring at the Dragonborn for a few seconds
...

Weird?
Are we being weird?
>the two would exchange looks
Do you feel weird?
I feel pretty normal.
>then back at the Dragonborn
We don't know what you're talking about.

>the woman would step forward, giving them a smaller smile, speaking calmly and quietly

L-Look, as I'm sure you do too, we just want this whole mess to be over as soon as possible, and we would just hate to see you pass up what could be a great opportunity for you to return to normal. That's all!
We're only looking after your best interests, great one!

>>856062
>only now would the two Nords look at Crona, as if they had just noticed he was even there
>the large man would smile, pleased they could actually answer that question
You see, there's this temple not far from here-
Just thirty minutes, remember that!
It's a place well known by the Droks, where an ancient battle took pace between a powerful sorcerer-
And an evil, slimy, disgusting, and not very nice at all creature-
Which ended when the sorcerer trapped the beast with a powerful spell.
But, unfortunately for them, the sorcerer was trapped along with the beast, and remained there for thousands of years.
But, it's said that the sorcerer remains alive to this day, speaking to visitors of his temple with their magic!
And it's said that the kind sorcerer will grant anyone who they feel worthy a wish!
Any wish!
For anything they desire!
Of course the Drago- I mean, of course someone like you has a good shot at being deemed "worthy" enough for such a gift, right!
Exactly! So all you have to do is go to the temple, wait for something mystical to happen, and wish your troubles away! Isn't that a lot more simple that making this long and boring journey?

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856066

File: 1416205437406.png (89.77 KB, 263x361, Sebastian_HorrorBeyondComprehe…)

>>856056

>The young woman isn't alone for long, the second voice rapidly approaching. Sebastian looks to see what companion this many be...

>And freezes, his pupils shrinking and body growing quite rigid. A slimy thrill of fear and something both unwholesome and unpleasant races up his spine, the colour in his face draining to a paler shade.
>Though this was an unusual form he took, there was no denying those familiar eyes.

...

>First Miss Tomoe, then the Demon Prince of Lust himself. Sebastian had a very strong impression this universe likely hated him to some extent.


>>856064

>And of course it would make sense that whoever this person was, they were in league with the loathsome Hueco Mundo.

>At first he has a mind to speak up, as he's absolutely sure he had never met the young woman in his life.
>Though what happens next leaves him quite speechless.

...

>The absolutely disgusting display elicits a disgusted and still relatively shocked expression from him. This was, no doubt, another demon associate of Hueco's, not unlike the siblings he kept around himself.

>Perhaps a demon of wrath? It was certainly possible.

...

>>856050

...I do believe coming back another time would be quite an excellent idea, Mr. Lollipop.

>He feels a cold sweat slowly roll down his forehead, but he keeps his voice relatively strong and quiet.

>The butler does, subconsciously, place himself between the pony and the demons, staring at them with a tense expression of his own.
>He mutters under his breath, hopefully enough for the Equestrian to overhear:

Mr. Lollipop I highly advise you run. Right now.

856067

File: 1416205506971.jpg (58.19 KB, 1248x720, maxresdefault (1).jpg)

>>856063
>Its a few moments before she finally lets go and slides off the side of the horse.

"I didn't know we were going to fly....I mean I've been in planes before, but at least with those there isn't really any way you can fall off or out of them...at least I won't need to ride back once we've straightened things out with the hotel..."

>She makes odd gestures with her hands during all of this, as if she's trying to explain what a plane is with her hands while talking about the fact that flying on horseback is much scarier.


>Followed by a few deep breaths while she tries to calm herself before they go looking around for the hotel.

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 856068

File: 1416205771695.jpg (68.54 KB, 431x694, what did you do that for.jpg)

>>856067
>the mage quickly hopped off the horse's back, the construct quickly vanishing in a burst of fire
>he laughed a bit nervously at what Mirabelle said
I-I'm sorry, on second thought, I should have warned you.
>he motioned with his hand to the street
But, we're here now, so there should be no problems now.
>he paused, then smiled nervously again
Well, unless you don't remember where the hotel is, but I'm sure we can just ask for directions too, if that's the case.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856070

File: 1416206227261.png (14.63 KB, 127x206, Uh HUH Righhhht.PNG)

>>856062
>>856065

Oh...

>Xion looks between the two, the to Crona, then back to the two enthusiastic messengers.

>Her suspicious expression fades into a friendlier smile, and with a shrug, she walks closer to the wagon.

If I wanted to do that I would have been running around collecting balls right now.

>She states it a little too matter-of-factly. as if she expected the two to understand what she was referencing, even if she's very certain they wouldn't.

>With that said, she looks to Crona and waves him to the wagon.

Besides, if there was a beast trapped with that wizard, then it might still be there. The place we're going isn't much like that, and the cure might be something we could bring back in a jar for other people too!

>Xion looks out the corner of her eye and mutters, her cheeks turning pink:


I learned my lesson the last time about wishing for something that I just wanted, anyway...

>"It was okay to be a little selfish" her butt, it didn't feel like it when she actually talked to Hyde.

>...The last time she had. Was he even at the Manor anymore?

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 856071

>>856056
>Such rage...such anger...
>>856064
>Such disgusting displays. Whoever these two were, clearly they had something against Sebastian. Or at the very least the Sebastian from this world. It was impossible to imagine a Sebastian who wasn't as selfless and dedicated as the one who stood at his side. Somehow, in this world however, it seemed very possible now. This world's Sebastian seemed to be a cruel, manipulative being who had earned the anger of quite the number of people. Sugardust could only look on in horror as the two's murderous intent was only made only the more obvious.

>>856066
>The look of horror on Sebastian would only make matters worse for Sugardust's composition. He would watch as Sebastian did what he assumed was natural and moved forward in hopes to selflessly defend those who could not. He hears Sebastian muttering under his breath.

>He knew Sebastian was strong, incredibly so compared to most. So for him to be intimidated by the sight of these two was most surely a sign of danger to come.


I cannot leave you behind, Sebastian.

>Still, he could not fight. He may have had some training during his short time in the Equestrian Royal guard but that was decades ago, and since then he has had very little rhyme or reason to practice any further.


Roll 1d1000 = 898

>If Evens, Sugardust would stomp his left foreleg before trotting forward to stand between Sebastian and the two would be attackers.


Now see here! My name is Sugardust Lollipop. The man accompanying me is Sebastian Michaelis. We have been pulled out of our own world and into your own for reasons we do not understand. I do not know what this worlds Sebastian has done to you, but I assure you the one standing behind me would never do such horrible deeds.

>He stands firm in his stance, Determined to put an end to the violence before it begins.


>If Odds however, he merely stands in place, unable to move out of intimedation of the climatic moment.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856072

File: 1416207016569.png (101.57 KB, 277x273, Do Me A Favour And Go Play In …)

>>856065

.....

>Crona's expression wouldn't change at all after getting the explanation, just continuing to stare at both Nords with the same skeptical look

>though his quirked eyebrow would twitch when the man again almost let slip who Xion really was

I swear I'm going to punch him if he does it again.

>once they finished, he spoke in a slightly exaggerated interested voice, giving a short nod as well


Oh, well.

That is very convenient.

>he would then turn and pick up the pile of boxes again, lifting them up more easily this time around


Wonderfully, fantastically, strangely convenient.

>he made sure to place the emphasis on the right term, just to let them know what he thought of their suggestion


>>856070
>he gave a brief snicker at Xion's initial comment, just following her over to the cart
>once he arrived, he started loading their supplies on the back, but still speaking to the two standing there

It really isn't that long of a ride or that much of a trial.

We've been careful enough to avoid any real problems so far, so we may as well stay the course.

>the only thing that sprung to mind was when that rabid woman attacked Xion, but so long as they kept to themselves the chances of that happening again were slim

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 856073

>>856070
>the two Nords would clearly grow more nervous
B-But...!
It would only take a second!
It's so easy!
How can you not at least give it a try!
>>856072
>the Nords would only look between the two travelers, having no idea what else they could say to convince them, and only growing more nervous

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856074

File: 1416207619328.jpg (17.41 KB, 230x171, ss (2013-06-05 at 11.30.02).jp…)

>>856064
>"Damn that is cooooool!"

>his left eye, the one not transformed, shined in excitement. Two of the red dots in his right eye focused on Alice's form, the remaining one stayed locked on Sebastian.


>"NO no! Pay attention..."


>>856066
Is that fear? Caught in the act...?

>his right hand began to glow with a dark purple energy, a shadowy mist devoid of light other than a few purple whisps. The eyes, the demonic energy, all things associated with the Hueco of the reverse world.


>yet there were so many differences. The Hueco that this Sebastian new was tall, well over 6 feet, well built with a angular head. The only things cat like about him were his eyes and Cheshire grin.


>this catboy was a foot shorter at the most, sporting a petite body and a smooth youthful face. His tan skin was a contrast to his counterparts white skin.


>and yet, with the shapeshifting powers that the Demon Prince of Lust possessed, who's to say that this isn't the Hueco that RW!Sebastian knows?


>>856071
>Roll 1d1000 = 49
>evens, what is this about other worlds?

...Explain...?

>the energy surrounding his right hand died down. He crossed his arms, awaiting a answer.


>odds, he's far too angry


Don't listen to his lies!

>he got ready to fight, but he couldn't do anything with a civilian in between him and his opponent.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856075

File: 1416207786272.jpg (375.96 KB, 900x900, But I Must Crush You.jpg)

>>856072
>>856073

>Xion finally stops and takes a breath, her expression strangely relaxed for the insistence the two had.


Two reasons: one, because I have to believe that if the Great Warden didn't mention that, then it must not be a cure I should waste my time on.

>She pauses.


And two...

>She turns around, her expression suddenly hardening into a no-nonsense glare.


Because he warned me that someone would lie to me and lead me away from what I want!

>She stares at the two, their nervous expressions not lost at all on her.


So what's this all about? Why are you both that set on getting us to go there, even after we said we weren't interested?

856076

File: 1416207830588.png (376.63 KB, 659x773, SeeU-seeu-25517349-659-773.png)

>>856068
>Once the girl has gotten a chance to calm down, she does her best to recenter herself.

"Of course I do its right...."

>She walks a short distance to the center of Central district, and slowly turns in a circle.


"....There~!"

>....and then pauses with her hand frozen where she's pointing.


"....Donuts?"

>...Maybe she got it wrong? The other stores nearby seem to be different too. If not for that she'd think the donut shop was taunting her.


>....


"...."

>She slowly makes a complete circle.


"I don't even see a hotel on this street, or at least not a fancy looking one like the one we're staying in....I mean it was really obvious too, but I'm not recognising any of these buildings."

>She pauses for a moment, before pointing off into the distance at what is obviously the mayoral hall.


"Well, okay, that one, I remember..."

>And then she point's to one nearby.


"This 'Riftguard' one seems familiar too, but something seems off about it...I remember a 'something guard' cause it seemed like the hotel must be pretty safe if its so close to where a bunch of security guys work out of."

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 856079

File: 1416208207194.jpg (47.14 KB, 350x382, to be or not to be.jpg)

>>856076
>the mage would simply follow along as she retraced her steps to the hotel
>even after they had only found a donut shop, she still tried to find it, but with no such luck
>the mage kept quiet, slowly piecing together what could have gone wrong
>and suddenly, his original fears didn't sound so farfetched
...

...

I think I know what happened...
>he frowned, looking saddened by what he realized
You're not going to be able to find your hotel, Mirabelle... I don't think this is your world anymore...

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856081

File: 1416208399254.png (76.21 KB, 244x273, Deal with it.png)

>>856073
>Crona would give an annoyed sigh and straighten back up, having finished getting the supplies as secure as could be
>he'd turn and walk back towards them, lightly shaking his head

Look, I'm sure the Chief thinks this is a good idea, but there's really no actual reason to not keep going the way we-

>>856075
>he'd stop when Xion angrily barked the warning to the two of them, turning to her and staring at her with wide eyes
>she hadn't mentioned anything about that on the way there, and he hadn't even thought to ask
>how the Warden even knew something like that would come up was a mystery, and what sort of implications that had for everything else he said were very heavy indeed
>but at the moment, all of that flew out of Crona's mind, and he turned back to the two Nords with the same expression
>they weren't incompetent or suspicious any longer; now they were full-on threats
>his stare turning into a glare, he got on-guard in case something else happened, and then spoke with a clear hardened tone

Who are you? Who are you two really?

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856082

File: 1416208544434.png (530.61 KB, 630x900, 43504649_big_p3.png)

>>856071
>Briefly looking at the pony, Alice barely listens to him. However, the fact that he was trying to make up lies simply made things clear to Alice. Turning to look at him, she gives him the same glare she showed to Sebastian.

... You're in league with that monster... Making up such idiotic lies...

>She clenched her fists, now looking between the two. As far as she was concerned, any friend of Sebastian's was no better than he, would share the same fate as him.


>>856066
>Once again turning her attention to Sebastian, she catches something extremely unfamiliar to her.

>Fear... ?


What... ?... Showing fear? You're mocking me... Aren't you?

>While Hueco might have been reassured by this, it only seemed to make Alice more furious. Baring her razor-sharp teeth once again, she begins to tremble in anger once more.


Don't you... fucking... MOCK ME!

>Suddenly, Alice's foot would dig into the ground, crumbling the road with the force, before shooting forward nearly fast enough to be invisible, screaming at the top of her lungs in rage. Her arm was outstretched, hand open and aiming for his throat for a grapple.


>Roll 1d1000 = 525

>Evens: She plows right through Sugardust, not holding any concern for him or his well-being. Once he's out of the way, she attempts to grab hold of Sebastian's throat.

>Odds: Having doubts about the pony's involvement of the matter, Alice makes an effort to go around him. However, avoiding colliding with him puts her slightly off-course, causing her to fly past Sebastian, but only by an inch.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 856084

>>856075
>the Nords would jolt heavily, even the large man now quivering before the demigod they had clearly just angered
W-W-We a-already said why!
W-We j-just wanted to be sure you were healed!
That's all!
H-Honest!

>>856081
>the two would start to back away, the two shoving each other as they tried to get behind one another
O-OK, I think we're getting a little too heated here!
Maybe it would be best if we just... Get out of your way!
Y-Yeah! If you don't want to go, you don't have to go!
>the Nords would glance around them, noticing the sudden hostilities by the two travelers had started to draw the attention of the town's guards
>while they kept their distance, the guards were clearly looking straight at the group, not trying to hide their hard stares at the very obvious commotion being caused

856085

File: 1416208924857.jpg (115.22 KB, 566x800, c11dd32a9adacb418911ee1566ca40…)

>>856079
>Not that it was her world in the first place but....

>While it doesn't really make sense, neither does a hotel becoming a donut shop overnight.


>Overwhelmed with the helplessness of her situation she just plops down on the ground, her knees giving out underneath her.


"....Wouldn't I have noticed? I mean going through the portal we had to use to get to that place sort of like this felt all prickly or something...I dunno, its hard to described, but it'd be hard to sleep through..."

>As the situation sets in a bit more other worries pop up...


"...And what about my job....or my fans...my manager...my parents...and all of my friends back home? There's got to be some way back, right?...I can't just stay here, while everyone is worrying back there...."

>The girl sounds frantic, and like she's about to start crying again.

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 856086

File: 1416209253756.jpg (56.21 KB, 233x493, tender moment.jpg)

>>856085
I... I don't know, Mirabelle...
>he would kneel down next to her, clueless as to how he could help her in this situation
>he had nothing in his old world, and he found a life when he came here
>but she left behind her life, entering a world that had nothing for her
>"I would have been a terrible Retriever, that's for sure..."
>he reached forward, placing a hand on her shoulder
Let's go back to the Manor, Mirabelle. You can stay there for now, everyone is allowed to live there. I'm sure we'll think of something, but now, you should get some rest...

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856087

File: 1416209362044.png (108.54 KB, 630x344, Sebastian_BadEnoughToWarrantCh…)

>>856071

>Sebastian lifts a hand, his eyes widening in alarm.


Mr. Lollipop-!

>They were demons! And not the kind he was; these were the sorts from Hell itself!


>>856074
>>856082

Lies-?

>He doesn't have much time to think about what exactly everyone is talking about.

>While Hueco certainly appeared to hold back, as he was wont to do when there was someone else to do his dirty work, the other demon went right to work herself.

>And she certainly seemed crazy enough in her own merits.

>Dirt and chunks of rock fly into the air from her spring, and for a moment Sebastian thinks she'll pile right into him.

>However, it seemed Sugardust standing there did offset her trajectory, sending her zooming past so closely that Sebastian could feel the air breeze past.


>Though the thought they had opted to not go through Sugardust surprises him. If she was what he thought she was, then as a demon she would have gone through the Equestrian no problem, the same with the Demon of Lust.

>Sebastian knew that Mr. Lollipop was a guard pony once in his life, but aside that he wasn't particularly blessed by gods or had divine protection.

>That stood to reason that they indeed were after him.


>And judging by how furious one of them was with him, especially since the female had claimed he 'murdered her'.

>A claim he isn't sure how to internalize, given that if she were dead there shouldn't be a reason she was confronting him about it.
>A claim that also made him vastly wonder what the bloody hell his counterpart in this world had done for that matter.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856088

File: 1416209790914.png (20.21 KB, 183x337, Look Up At The Sky and Say No.…)

>>856081
>>856084

>Xion lets out a grunt, then climbs onto the wagon and reaches for the reigns. Her brows remained furrowed in agitation, her shoulders tense and eyes facing towards the road again.

>Though the guards had fixated hard stares on them, she doesn't seem even remotely bothered by it as she was earlier.

Pomo, we're leaving. Get on the wagon.

...

>She looks back at the two, then does a gesture, pointing at her own eyes, and then to them, before looking forward again at the road.

>With a snap of the reigns, she signals for Papa to start moving forward and away from both the village and the two weird Nords.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856089

File: 1416210241818.png (198.75 KB, 541x304, I Swear, If You Point That At …)

>>856084

...?

>now Crona definitely felt justified in wanting to get ready for a fight, because it was clear that something was making these two worried

>though a part of him wondered if that was just because Xion was angry with them, what with her being a living goddess to them and all
>but he definitely felt the eyes of the passersby staring at them, causing him to glance all around them just to be safe
>the fact that the guards were eyeing them was not what he wanted at all, and if they stayed for much longer they could all wind up in trouble
>but now he wanted to know more than ever just why they were there, and why they were so nervous about them heading to this other location
>>856088
>though before he could ask any more questions, Xion had already got back on the wagon, preparing to depart and leave the two behind
>he'd look at her, then back to the Nords, his curiosity burning and demanding that he ask for more answers

.....

>but he ignores it, turning and hopping up onto the wagon, sitting down just as Xion snaps the reins to get them moving again

856090

File: 1416210340662.gif (313.14 KB, 400x302, 3084770011_1_3_bwZPWUhj.gif)

>>856086
>The girl is silent for a little while, her small hands grabbing onto clumps of her hair, and fiddling with them nervously.

>The boy's words help to reassure her though. Its not like they're giving up...they're just done for the day...


>If she let herself lose that last bit of hope...she's not sure she could go on...but as long as there's some possible way...she has to keep it together.


>The girl says something quietly,


"Mamma, papà, tutti, aspettatemi."

>...before finally pushing herself to her feet.


>She then rubs at her face a little, before looking up at the redhaired man.


"Okay. But....can we at least fly just a little closer to the ground this time?"

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 856091

>>856082
>>856074
>>856087
>Even with his words, the demons still rushed forward and began their attack. With the gust of wind from the aftermath of the female's attack, Sugardust would lift his right foreleg to shield his eyes.

hhnnggg!

>In his younger days such a tactic would barely phase him. However with his current illness and age he was well beyond match. He could only rely on his Equestrian nature to seize the day.


I will not stand Idily by as you assault my friend. I have known Sebastian for well over a decade now, and I assure you both you are making a grave mistake. You claim we speak lies, and yet you attack without so much as a second thought.

>He continues to stand his ground. The fear he felt from the two demons surrounding them was frail in comparison to his determination to stop the fighting.


I plead you to stop this at once!

>Raising his voice was not something the elderly stallion was not accustomed to doing. He could feel his lungs begining to bounce back and forth inside him, an attack was eminent.

Valorcall!7iNNPsLMuM 856093

>>856088
>>856089
>the Nords wouldn't say or do anything, simply remaining in their spot as the wagon began to move again
>they would just stare, never taking their nervous stares until the Dragonborn was definitely out of sight, and the guards had had stopped paying attention
...

...

...-!
>the woman would suddenly bring her hands to her head, her voice suddenly changing and sound more masculine
What do we do- What do we do- What do we DO!?
>"she" reached up, grabbing the man by his clothes
We lost her! The boss is gonna FREAK OUT!

>slap!

>the heavy man would swing his hand right upside the other one's head
Will you can it already!? The boss ain't gonna freak, because there is no way we're lettin' this slip by our fingers!
>the figure in blue would reach at their red cheek, rubbing it slightly
B-But what do we do...?
>the figure in magenta would hum, but then smile wickedly with visibly pointy teeth
I've got a plan... Let's go!
>poof!
>the two figure would vanish in a burst of black embers and smoke, leaving the town street empty

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856095

File: 1416210960925.jpg (220.96 KB, 500x662, tumblr_n12mclY41F1snaof8o1_500…)

>>856082
Alice! Careful, he's innocent, you could've hurt him.

>he began to figure out a way to get this pony out of the danger zone.


>>856087
>>856087
>>856091
...

>Hueco looked between Sebastian, Alice, and the pony, gritting his teeth. This Sebastian was so much different... His reactions were genuine...


>plus the pony looked weak, pulling him away from Sebastian with force could do some damage.


Goddammit! Why must things be so hard!

>he moved in close, moving past the elderly pony, and next to Sebastian. His claws still out, ready to slash if any of them attacked.


...You're going to tell us, who you are, what you're doing here... I'll listen, not sure about my friend.

>both eyes were now in their true form state.


But, if you pull anything, I'll...

>he paused, as if thinking of something to say... How do you act cool and tough?


I'll break you.

Rocks!7iNNPsLMuM 856096

>>856090
>the mage gives her a friendly smile, trying to look as confident as possible
Don't worry, we'll stick to the road this time.
>getting up, he would aim his hand to the street, summoning the black horse again with a quiet call of "Sleipnir."
>he didn't know what could be done to help her
>as much as he tried, he had no idea how to travel between the rifts, not without the help of the god-thing living inside his head
>and since there was no way he would ever do that, that left them with no options whatsoever
>but right now, he tried not to worry about it, and simply take Mirabelle to somewhere safe
This post was edited by its author on .

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856097

File: 1416211218789.png (88 KB, 240x410, You Come To Me On This Day For…)

>>856089
>>856093

...

>Again, the wagon travels in silence, Xion simply glaring ahead of her with her hard expression. Her grip on the reigns is tight, shoulders stiff and pout in full-force.


...

....

.........

>After a while, she sighs and slowly starts to relax, though it's clear she's still bothered.

>Once she's certain they have time to chat, she starts talking, again in a quieter tone to not be overheard.

Do you think that the Chief sent me to the Elf lands to do something bad, Crona? Between the advice about the More Than Men and that, I really have to wonder what's going on there.

Nobody else except him and his council and us knew we were going on this trip...and it was the Great Warden that told me the More Than Men wouldn't cure it.

Why would he send me to a burial site in a country I know have high tensions with the Nords for the sake of poking around in a place where their dead are buried?

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856098

File: 1416211795594.jpg (1.11 MB, 1270x1718, 44808472 (1).jpg)

>>856087
>>856091
>>856095
>Alice, going far past her target, digs her fingers and toes into the ground to slow her velocity, tearing right through the road and flinging bits of dirt and debris about as she forced herself to come to a stop.

>She overshot so much, as she soon realized, that the group were so far away that she could barely tell them apart. However, her unquenchable rage didn't let that bother her. Instead, she stood up straight, and looked at her two minion-like creatures floating next to her.


...

>Suddenly, the two creatures let the swords go, and fly into eachother, seemingly merging with one another into a rather large version of themselves, the black and white separating two halves.


>The two swords then float over in front of Alice, and begin to glow with a bright, ominous light, the minion placing itself in between them. With a few hand gestures, it begins to charge up for an attack, sparking and arcing with green energy.


... Die...

>Alice mumbles, unable to think of anything other than killing Sebastian. With one last hand movement... she bends backwards, and the two swords fire an immense beam of highly destructive magic right at the group, clearly uncaring of who she hit. In fact, the beam was big enough to hit all three!


>Roll 1d1000 = 299

>Evens: It hits Sebastian

>Odds: It misses all three, but just barely.


>Trips: It hits all three.


>Regardless of who it hits, if anyone, the beam would continue on, before finally hitting a tree and exploding in a massive, bomb-sized explosion, taking out nearly a city block's area of trees.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856099

File: 1416212142101.png (147.65 KB, 268x295, Don't Mind Me, Just Waiting Fo…)

>>856093
>Crona watched the two Nords for a few minutes as they departed, waiting for something to happen, half-expecting the guards or someone else to swoop in and attack them
>when nothing happened, he would turn and settle back in his seat with a grumble, causing him to miss out on their sudden disappearance
>>856097
>he'd remain quiet along with Xion as they rode out, just sitting in his seat with his arms folded and a sour look on his face

.....

>when she did speak, he pulled his scarf back down to talk properly, keeping his tone low as well but still sounding quite annoyed


Honestly, I wouldn't rule it out...

If his plan was to stir up some trouble in the Elven territories, then he probably picked you for it because he figured you could handle it. Being the Nords' living goddess and all that.

>he'd pause after this, then give a thoughtful hum


...but then again, that doesn't exactly seem like a good idea either.

>he'd glance over at her, then give a slightly confident smirk


Because I think going and incurring your wrath by manipulating you like that is a very stupid thing to do.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856100

File: 1416212914574.png (335.43 KB, 494x328, Sebastian_AQuandaryHolmesWould…)

>>856095

>Sebastian instinctively takes a step back, away from Hueco out of reflex. He knew better than to let the demon get close enough to touch him, once again igniting that slimy feeling up his spine.

>His grimace doesn't remain for long however, the final statement actually pulling an incredulous expression from the demon butler.

...For the Demon Prince of Lust, I was expecting something a little more...uncomfortable than that.

>And confident, for that matter. He almost sounded like a twelve year old trying to be tough for the sake of machismo.


>>856098

>BOOM!


>-!


>Sebastian turns sharply, in time to see a swathe of forest behind them alight in fire.

>The shot doesn't appear to have been intended for them at all, drawing forth a more puzzled expression from him.

She really is quite angry, isn't she...?

>Good thing she was taking it out on the forest and not anyone else. He's rather thankful for that.

>He turns, looking back to Sugardust in particular, still appearing concerned for him.

>>856091

Mr. Lollipop, I thank you for such loyalty, but it really is not wise to incite the wrath of demons...even if, apparently, I have done so by simply walking past.

>He glances dubiously to the side and holds his chin in thought.


Or perhaps my counterpart is to blame for this...?

Or...

>He narrows his eyes at Hueco in particular.


You happen to be putting me on, just like your counterpart in our world. For such a loathsome letch, I wouldn't be so surprised regarding it.

>He gestures behind him, far back where Alice had landed.


I suppose she's another you've twisted thanks to that 'fruit' of yours?

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 856101

>>856095
>Thank goodness, one of them was willing to listen to reason. Now all there was was to calm down-

>>856098
>Boom!
>The Explosion would cause Sugardust's legs to tremble and nearly collapse under his own weight. It missed entirely, blowing up in the evening's sky, well away from where it could do some damage. Yet still, the display of power was extraordinary. Much more then Sugardust was capable of.

>>856100
Ah...yes...I am sorry, Sebastian. I just could not stand by as they-

>It was then that Sugardust would turn his head to the side and let out a rather violent cough. His hoof hovering over his mouth out of modesty, he tried not to blow it on anyone. Eventually he turned his entire body around as he reached into his apron pocket and pulled out a small wrapped up object.


>After unwrapping it he would place it in his mouth and take a deep breath. He remained silent as he would be forced to take multiple breaths, the situation esculating so quickly his body couldn't take it.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856102

File: 1416214125814.jpg (52.11 KB, 507x578, When you answer a question in …)

>>856098
>a pair of his red eyes looked at the display of power, the remaining ones remained on Sebastian. This new ability.. It was so strange. His vision felt fragmented, yet he could focus on everything his eyes looked at... It was as if his mind was altered along with his vision, so he could pay attention to multiple things at once.

>"That looks flashy... So those creatures aren't just for display? She looks like she's aiming at all of us... I hope she doesn't- HOLY SHIT!"


>KABOOOOOM!!!


>...she missed. Yet with the size of that explosion, she could've wiped them out. Hueco could've survived, but barely, he wasn't sure about this Sebasitan, but the old stallion would've been turned into a pile of bone fragment and ash.


You idiot!

>he shook his fist at Alice


That was dangerous!

>>856100
>Demon of Prince of Lust? He was a Demon of Lust, but Prince?

>Loathsome letch?


>Another one he's twisted?


>what's this fruit he's talking about?


>Hueco stared at him, confused, his eyes returning to normal. Suddenly, he went from a dangerous looking, fearsome foe to about as dangerous as a kitten.


...What?!

>it was as if he was a completely different person.


>"What's going on...?"

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856103

File: 1416214898035.jpg (121.15 KB, 1271x591, ss+(2014-10-23+at+07.20.43).jp…)

>>856100
>>856101
>>856102
>Despite Alice missing, it didn't seem to cause her to let off any steam. She couldn't hear anything going on near the three, being so far away, so her anger was still burning fiercely in her heart.

>Not about to give up any time soon, Alice once again digs her feet into the ground, before launching herself forward again, screaming towards Sebastian.


DON'T YOU IGNORE ME!

>Once again, as she soars towards Sebastian, she attempts to aim for his throat and grab it, to bring Sebastian to the ground. As usual, the safety of the other two were of minor concern to her.


>Roll 1d1000 = 87

>Evens: She finally manages to grab Sebastian by the neck and force him to the ground, skidding along to a stop and using him as a braking tool.

>Odds: Once again, she soars past the group, but she doesn't overshoot nearly as far. Having seen her mistake from last time, she put much less force into her leap this time around.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856104

File: 1416215654967.png (365.54 KB, 766x550, Sebastian_Pouncing Into Action…)

>>856101
>>856103

>Sebastian stares at Hueco even longer distrustfully, not once trusting him. In fact, he's sure he shouldn't, and neither should Mr. Lollipop.

>Speaking of the Equine, he needed to get to the safety of the mansion. It was far too dangerous, and the woman behind them was of great power. He has a feeling he's been quite lucky lately, and his luck had a habit of running out.

Mr. Lollipop, I must insist that you-...

>He stops, seeing the old pony breathe following a coughing fit, a genuine concerned frown crossing his face.


Mr. Lollipop-?

>>856103

-!

>This time, Sebastian steps aside in a jerk, and sees the woman soar overhead, missing her mark once more.

>He glares at her in particular, but more concerned with his companion's safety than his own, he knows he both cannot leave him with the cat demon, nor try escaping when the crazy demon was still trying to harm him.

>The only solution would be to make the both aggressive towards him, and leave Sugardust to travel alone to the mansion without the danger of either demon lingering around.

>He takes a breath then grunts, glancing once at his companion with a flash of his red eyes.

Mr. Lollipop, you must continue on to our destination! I shall meet you there once it is safe!

Go!

>Roll 1d1000 = 474 odds, he punches Hueco right in his face, the sensation somewhat satisfying to him in that split second.


>regardless of hit or miss, he turns sharply on heel and races into the burning forest with his own demonic speed, his holey coattails flapping behind him rapidly.


>He hopes this will draw the two towards him, leaving the pony able to seek sanctuary and help on his own.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856105

>>856104
>roll for intercept once Dead posts, evens Roll 1d1000 = 770

Sugardust Lollipop!rjtGfDeadI 856106

>>856104
>>856103
>>856102
>The fight was esculating, however the two people attacking them seemed to be disorganized and seemingly too irritated to think properly. The cat himself was actually rather stupified by the whole ordeal by the look of it.

>As much as he dreaded leaving Sebastian by himself, he was an old, sickly Stallion and would only get in the way if things got out of hand too quickly. If Sebastian had to worry about him as well it would only serve as the possibility of his destruction.


I...understand.

>He speaks weakly. Soon he is able to get up to all four legs and begin his exit.


>He said nothing else, for doing so would only serve to cause further strain on his own lungs, as well as serve as an unneccessary distraction for Sebastian. He knew in his heart that he would return to the manor alive, he just needed to have faith.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856107

File: 1416216852894.jpg (17.41 KB, 230x171, ss (2013-06-05 at 11.30.02).jp…)

>>856104
>>856103
Hey!

>with the punch thrown at his face he side steps the punch. The Sebastian he knew was much faster than this. He gripped his hands on to the man's arm, keeping close to him. For someone with such a small body, he was surprisingly strong.


Your punch is slow.

>he drove his knee into Sebastian's stomach, before he had a chance to run.


>"Sorry, but I have to be rough with you..."


>Was he actually trusting him? Was it the old stallion that made him believe that there was a small chance that this Sebastian is different, from another world? He had no reason to trust him.


>baring his fangs, he spoke to the Sebastian.


...You say you're going to Wayne Manor? That's my home... A place where you aren't welcomed.

>he watched as the stallion left the picture. >>856106


You say you're from a different world? You think we'd believe that? If it's true, you've caused too much strife in this world, you think we'll just let you waltz in?

>Roll 1d1000 = 874

>evens, he knees him again out of anger.
>regardless

Well? Did you?!

>Roll 1d1000 = 394

>evens, Hueco looks like he's ready to cry... From what he said before, he has painful memories regarding the Sebastian of this world. Is it all crocodile tears by the Prince of Lust, or are they genuine and this Hueco belongs to this world.
>odds, he remains furious and angry.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856108

File: 1416217765590.jpg (1002.18 KB, 868x1228, ef0deb2611e32b2aff0fed78a15935…)

>>856104
>>856107
>Alice, once more, must dig her fingers into the pavement to stop herself, leaving a small path of destruction in her wake. The constant missing of her target was beginning to really bother her. However, despite her rage being the source of her mess-ups, she would not let it subside.

>Having stopped much sooner and closer, this time around, Alice doesn't bother launching herself again. Instead, she simply begins to sprint, extremely fast, towards Hueco and Sebastian, not even giving the pony and acknowledgement.


>Slowing down to a walk once she gets close enough, she gives Sebastian that glare again. Finally speaking in something other than screams of rage, she hisses, clenching her teeth and looking more like an animal than a human right about now.


Hhhhh... Good...

>She clenches her fists, approaching the two with murderous intent towards Sebastian.


Hold him there...

>Stopping a few feet away from the two, she looks at Hueco... clearly waiting for him to get out of the way.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856109

File: 1416218466862.png (180.58 KB, 378x350, Sebastian_IDespiseGettingFlash…)

>>856107

-!

>He really should have foreseen that; Hueco was a Demon Prince, and Sebastian was only a knockoff of one. Even if he happened to be this world's version, was there any doubt this wasn't the foregone conclusion?


>He grunts and jerks, but with Hueco gripping his arm in a steel hold, he can't very well move, a jolt of pain shooting up his torso from his gut when the demon knees him. It takes his best to remain standing for now.


>>856106

>At least Sugardust was safely moving away from it all...-


Gnh!

>The second knee hits harder, actually eliciting a louder grunt of pain from the demon butler. He drops to his knees, his arm held above him and at a more uncomfortable angle from where he stood. The breath is knocked from his lungs, and it takes a few sharp breaths from his nose to catch a semblance of air back into his lungs.


I don't...know what you're talking about!

>>856108

>He glances out of the corner of his eye, to the mad demon in particular. He breathes heavily, his gut pulsing with pain from the cat demon's assault.


>He won't pretend this will get any better, and he doubts he'll be living for much longer either. These demons were naturally stronger than he was, and at the moment the cat demon in particular had him in a compromising situation.


...

>The butler simply hopes his amulets too have found their way here, and will regenerate him quickly enough to not leave Mr. Lollipop worrying over his absence.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856111

File: 1416219355322.jpg (94.09 KB, 500x287, Poor people like you aren't al…)

>>856109
>>856108
>>856109
>this whole situation was melting his mind... This Sebastian was different.. Weaker in every sense. The Sebastian he knew could take a hit easily

>Hueco, speaking in a mix of frustration and grief, he loosened his grip, but kept his hands on his arm.


I don't know where you're from, or if I should've believe you... But...

I'll let you talk. Tell me.. Who you are, what I am to you, why you're here.

>he looked Sebastian in the eyes. Unlike Alice, full of rage and hate, Hueco was still angry yet possessed a degree of sadness; everyone has their way of dealing with anger, after all.


Just talk.

>>856108
...No...

>he stayed


Let the man speak... If he tries anything, I'll go for his throat.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856112

File: 1416219804267.jpg (123.87 KB, 694x669, ss+(2014-10-23+at+07.09.32).jp…)

>>856109
>>856111
...

>Alice simply stares at Hueco, eyes widening slightly at his refusal. They were still full of hate, and anger, and the emotions filling them didn't wane in the least when looking at him.


...

>Suddenly stepping forward, Alice reels her fist back and attempts to strike Hueco in the face with enough force to easily make a normal human's head explode. Due to his refusal, and barely thinking in her current state, he might as well have been Sebastian's best friend. She didn't hold back in the least, putting all of her strength into her blow.


>Roll 1d1000 = 409

>Evens: She hits Hueco with enough force to send him flying.

>Odds: Failure to your discretion.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856113

File: 1416220455811.png (90.4 KB, 379x300, Sebastian_ExhaustiveEffort.PNG)

>>856111

>The darkly clothed man wheezes, and takes a gulp of air, enough to let him speak.

>He doubts very much that he'll be able to say much, but he could start with some extreme basics, if only to placate the damn demon for now.

Sebastian...Michaelis of Wayne Manor...loyal butler to a masterless estate and citizen of Equestria-!

>>856112

-!

>Sebastian can feel the shockwave emanate from the strike the female demon imposed on the cat demon, his own eyes widening in alarm at the sight.

>But only just; he should have know that the demon himself would take such punishment and be terribly bothered by it.

>After all, he couldn't pull his own arm from his grip, even if he was trying.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856115

File: 1416221037654.jpg (45.31 KB, 412x576, tumblr_mmke5jansu1spxjxgo1_500…)

>>856112
...Hueco Mundo. Resident of Wayne Manor.

>Hueco's face slowly relaxed. Baring no emotion, no sadness, anger, or anything readable.


...Demon. You're from a different world? I must be there too. I apologize, for what he's done, if that's the truth.

>he let go of Sebastian.


...Go to the manor.

>>856112
>a forcefield manifested before him, a purple square that appeared to be made of glass. Upon being punched, it held Alice's fist to it, like a magnet to metal, making a low humming sound.

Noon Bridge: Sharp

>suddenly, a bunch of think spikes erupted from the forcefield, skewering Alice's hand in all direction.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856116

File: 1416221582337.jpg (142.35 KB, 872x660, ss+(2014-10-23+at+07.15.56).jp…)

>>856113
>>856115
>As her hand stuck to the sudden forcefield, Alice knew something was wrong. Staring at her fist, trying to pull it off, she gave up for a moment... right before a plethora of needles erupted from it, piercing her hand dozens of time. Letting out a pained growl, she continues to pull against the spike, despite giving her only greater pain.

What.. have you done?! You... How... dare you... !?

>She continues to pull against it... but stops once she sees Hueco release Sebastian. Eyes widening, her struggles only intensify, tearing up her hand and causing even further damage, seemingly completely disregarding the immense pain she was causing herself.


>Eventually, however, she realizes her hand wasn't going to get free, and stops struggling for just a moment. Suddenly, one of the large blades being carried by a minion flies over to her, the blade protracting... And suddenly swinging down at Alice's own arm, severing it from the elbow and immediately freeing her. Not even that seemed to faze her as her glare turned to Sebastian without hesitation.


>Even as blood began to pour out of Alice's severed arm, her anger and hatred blocked out everything other than the desire to kill the demon in front of her. Giving Sebastian a furious grimace, baring her teeth and letting out a loud shout, she raises her fist and attempts to punch Sebastian straight in the face.


>Roll 1d1000 = 771

>Evens: Success.

>Odds: Failure, but the force of the attack keeps her hand going, and puts a large crater in the road from the powerful blow.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856117

File: 1416222371288.png (87.4 KB, 160x300, Sebastian_ThoseShoesWithThatJa…)

>>856115

...? Not demon prince?

>Curious...but Hueco Mundo was not a resident of Wayne Manor in his homeworld. Perhaps this individual indeed was the counterpart to the one he knew.

>Albeit quite dissimilar, Hueco usually opted to traipse around indecently, either in an attractive masculine or feminine form out of either spite or amusement, whichever came first (if he didn't already, the bloody hedonist).
>This form was surprisingly childlike, almost, and he didn't seem as malicious either. The fact he let released his arm and seemed quite content with letting him go was a surprise as well.

>Sebastian tenderly rubs his own arm where it had been grabbed, and for a moment almost considers uttering a thank you to the last person he ever would have wanted to do so.


>But the thanks die in his throat with a unsettled grunt when he sees the cat demon made his protective shield harm the mad demon outside of it.

>He glances back at her, not looking very willing to leave. It seemed like he'd jump right into a lion's cage if he was suddenly in her reach again.

Was that wise to antagonize her, when she clearly is quite angry already...?

>>856116

>Apparently not, as she seemed content herself to cut her ruddy arm off.


-!

>He's lucky her rage telegraphs her attacks, the demonic butler quickly moving away with a kick of his legs.

>The dirt trembles behind him, sinking into a crater from the blow, but Sebastian simply takes the opportunity to run straight for the mansion, kicking up a plume of dust from how quickly his legs work to get him away from the two.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856118

File: 1416222832630.jpg (14.56 KB, 190x253, ss (2013-10-19 at 08.22.13).jp…)

>>856116
>"What's she doing...?"

I"m not going to fight you.

>she was insane... Cutting off her own limb like that? He could take her to the hospital... But no way he could bring her to the manor.


You're insane.

>>856117
>for all Sebastian knew, this could be an elaborate ploy by the Prince. For all Hueco knows this could be a trick by Sebastian. Neither demon had any right to trust each other.

>but in their situation, it was for the best.


I don't know.

>that's a lot of blood. Alice was human now, seh can't survive what Hueco could, he had forgotten that.


Run away, run as fast as you can. I'll hold her off. She won't last long. She'll hate me for this, but that doesn't matter for you.

>his eyes turned back to their true appearance one more.


Go!

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856119

File: 1416223385968.jpg (121.15 KB, 1271x591, ss+(2014-10-23+at+07.20.43).jp…)

>>856117
>>856118
>At his fleeing, Alice immediately took off after him, screaming at the top of her lungs as she chased after him.

YOU TOOK MY FATHER FROM ME, MY KINGDOM, MY HERITAGE AND EVEN MY LIFE!

>As she ran after him, the exertion on her body only made her blood drain faster, nearly spraying out blood as she chased him down.


COWARD! I'M GOING TO TAKE EVERYTHING FROM YOU, AND STOMP IT INTO THE GROUND IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES BEFORE KILLING YOU!

>Continuing to put up her chase, she suddenly feels an intense fatigue come over her, forcing her to slow down and let Sebastian gain distance from her. She attempts to push on, but that only makes her even more and more exhausted. Eventually, she comes to a stop by simply falling to the ground, skidding along the pavement for a few feet, before coming to a standstill.


Damn... it...

>Unable to move her body any longer, her final sight is Sebastian's figure running away as her eyes grew blurry. Her anger finally, after all this, waning off, her eyes begin to well up with tears which drip down her face, right before her eyes close, falling unconscious due to the heavy blood loss.


W...hy... ?

>Her mind goes blank, falling completely unconscious. Her arm was still oozing blood out at an alarming rate, however, and would need quick medical attention if she was not to bleed out.

RWSebastian!.ZzGrellBs 856120

File: 1416224662504.png (365.54 KB, 766x550, Sebastian_Pouncing Into Action…)

>>856118

>He certainly doesn't need to be told twice to run.


>>856119

>Sebastian simply runs on as quickly as he can. He can hear the female demon behind him scream in rage, but he doesn't dare stop or look back to see how closely she follows him.

>However, her words trouble him, as does this world's Hueco's words as well.

>He was called a murderer, he had taken so much from the demon he was fleeing, it was claimed he wasn't welcome at Wayne Manor apparently.


>Just what was his counterpart like? And why would he see to such misery in this world? He never would do any of the things laid out before him, unless it was a necessary evil to protect the manor.

>Was it necessary to kill the demon's father?
>What reasoning did his counterpart have for the apparently terrible actions he inflicted upon this world?

>A part of him is afraid to find out. Another, more morbid and curious part however, is almost itching to know what had happened, and what kind of man he was.


>Was he a butler?


>Or was he a demon?

Patches 856121

>>856119
Alice...

>Hueco gritted his teeth, trying not to break down right there. He had forgotten how much Alice had been through. How much she had changed since they first bet, having lost for more than Hueco had.


>he remembered the happy, upbeat, girl that he use to know. The one that smiled despite nearly dying. She was a Demon Prince, yet she was so casual. She was a Demon Prince, but she was shown to love and laugh. She was a Demon Prince and she was his friend...


>she lost everything...


>Hueco kneeled down to Alice and picked her up, her left side against his body, trying not to panic. Pressing her body hard against his, he hoped that the pressure would stop the bleeding.


>"She's losing a lot of blood."


>he began to run, sprinting, as fast as he could; his demonic super speed was impressive, yet he doubted he could hold out long. He could make it in time, he had to. If she died, this would be his fault. He would have killed her again after all she been through.


Don't die, don't die.

>his heart pounding in his chest, he felt as though he was going to pass out.


>she had already been through too much. She can't deserve to die after all that, not even having a chance at revenge, a revenge that Hueco had possibly denied her.


Don't die on me, Alice! You're going to survive!

>In the dark night of Town, he say it in the distance, a glowing red cross, the Tow Clinic. They will help her, they will help her, they have to. Hueco's heart was going to burst, he wasn't use to running at this speed for prolonged periods.


You're going to survive so we can fight Sebastian together!

>he made it to the hospital, nearly crashing through the doors, before falling to his knees in the middle of the entryway... It was in the hands of the doctors.

Miki "Yang Xiao" Long!aLEJudith. 856159

File: 1416247682844.jpg (355.87 KB, 858x1080, ce8fe35346c74eb710304c40e6ece5…)

>>855943
>>855934
>>855945
>Thankfully, Miki hadn't run off yet as evident by the door swinging open to show the happy Idol. ...Sadly it seemed she was trying to cook, the smell of burnt food assaulted the noses of everyone at the door.

Welcome back Ros--

>The Idol freezes as she sees not only Ros at the door, but her Ariel and Saya!


Ariel!! Saya!!

>She flings herself at the both of them and gives them one of her powerful bear hugs showing just how much she missed them.


ooooooh I can't believe you're both here! This is so wonderful!

Ros!pR.BaFF/uk 856162

File: 1416248845400.png (90.71 KB, 500x800, 45795676_p0.png)

>>855943
>>855945
>Unprofessional!? Why the hell would he care about being professional in a situation like this? Some things were far more important, like one's own safety and the enjoyment of life! He can be professional when he was on-duty, not when he had to deal with this kind of stuff. And what the hell did she mean by 'Captain'?

>Out to drink? What were they, in- wait. If Jo and Yang were in a relationship, and they got swapped for these two, did that mean-


...

>Of all the things to get caught up in the transition between worlds, that had to stick. Now he not only had to deal with an untrustworthy Vislocke girl, a Cat-Saya and a spritely yet irritating model version of Yang. Maybe it was just his mindset being off after having had to deal with the stress of being caught up in the whole wedding fiasco, but he really had a problem with these people.


>Especially that 'Captain'.

>>856159
>And now his house smelled of incredibly burnt food coming from his own kitchen - after all the effort he went to clean it before!

Oh, by the bloody Fairy, can this day just get any-...

>Thankfully, Miki seemed distracted by the presence of her two friends. Maybe he could end this abomination that couldn't be called cooking after he changed out of this suit, something that, after this wedding or anything to do with it afterwards, he would never wear again. It just didn't fit the kind of image he wanted his lifestyle to hold.


Right. You three can go ahead and get re-acquainted, I'm going to change and see if I can do something about this kitchen monstrosity...

>Not even waiting for confirmation of it all, given that it was his own house, he pushed right past the three of them and grumbled to himself the whole way through the corridor, heading straight towards the stairs to the upper floor. It was fairly clear he was having some issues with all this, though his frustration could almost be considered unnatural. He had been fine up until he'd seen the Vislocke girl, yet something about her presence unnerved him to the point where his very existence felt uncomfortable.

856164

File: 1416249808012.jpg (295.43 KB, 480x640, tumblr_myhnyxjb3u1sjqb08o1_500…)

>>856162

Good luck with the kitchen, Ros.

>She said with a slight wave as he walked in.


>>856159

>Suddenly bear hugged, the Captain groans slightly but smiles patting Miki on the back


Glad to see you're alright Miki...I wouldn't quite describe more of us displacing this world's natives necessarily good though

>tapping her foot a bit with a sigh...


I can only imagine what your counterpart is doing to your reputation...on the positive note when we DO get home your agents and the paparazzi might be a bit scared of you.

>She chuckled a bit


>>855945

Your own fault for being the only one out of the 4 in the house that doesn't enjoy it when we go out, Saya-chan

>She taps her chin


...honestly I never would've thought a werewolf phantom could even get drunk though...

but hey, as a positive we're out to watch your back if some butthead puts Catnip in your food, ya know?

856167

File: 1416250528005.png (307.89 KB, 608x900, dcebfd7966373fe6bada9a08cecf15…)

>>856159
Oh there you are Mi-
>Holding her nose, she let out a yell as she was tightly hugged.
Miki were you cooking?
>>856162
W-we'll be out here I guess.
>>856164
That's because they won't sell me any drinks...
....Don't talk about the catnip.

Miki "Yang Xiao" Long!aLEJudith. 856171

File: 1416252829215.png (489.68 KB, 760x997, 1401683839240.png)

>>856162
>Hmmm? Ros seemed to be a in a bad mood... Well hopefully those grilled cheese sandwiches (More like slabs of gooey charcoal) will help that...

Ok Ros!

>>856164
>Oh but to her it was a good thing, to her this was a vacation she very much needed. At the mention of the other Yang probably doing things to her reputation she lets go of Areil and Saya before she shrugs.

Can't be any worse when the times I lose my temper right?

>While it was much rare for Miki to lose her temper, it was just as destructive and frightening as her counterparts. Or more so since one wouldn't expect an Idol like her to have that power when she got mad.


I hope so though... going back home after this extended vacation will be rough otherwise...

But oh, hey, while we're all here... maybe we can do something fun together? Maybe got to a park or something?

>>856167
>She blinks as Saya asks her if she was cooking.

Yeah? Why? I just wanted to make something for Ros because he let me stay here..

>Speaking of places to stay.


Ariel, where's that other Yang staying anyway?

856407

File: 1416275758017.jpg (150.31 KB, 500x710, 20622526.jpg)

>>856167

>Ariel crosses her arms


Still don't understand why that stuff is even legal with all the cat people running around Town...

>She leans back and sighs slightly


>>856171

>Going to a park, well that certainly sounded like fun...


>But then she went and asked a question she couldn't possibly know the answer too


...Miki, first off, I've been here for a grand total of 30 moments tops, we appeared at a wedding, and this isn't even our multiverse let alone universe.

Unless having Vesca's magic in you makes you psychic, I think you'd have better luck asking Mr. Grumpy pants

856416

File: 1416276541520.png (307.89 KB, 608x900, dcebfd7966373fe6bada9a08cecf15…)

>>856171
>Saya then poked Miki's cheek with her staff.
Do you not smell the inside of his house?
>At the question, she blinked.
You would want to ask that guy that.
But he still reminds me of someone...
>>856407
I don't know but I hate what that stuff does to me.
...Wait... if the other you is that Kitsune's sister...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856431

File: 1416278873063.png (59.73 KB, 150x261, Fascinating Story_Mmmhm_No Sar…)

>>856099

Continuing

...

>Xion smiles back ruefully and shrugs. Sometimes she forgot how strong she could be, and those times hadn't ended very well for the people she faced.

>Personally, she's still surprised that Fred can walk.

Am I really that scary when I'm mad? Every time I try scowling at a mirror it always looks like I'm pouting!

>Even as strong as she was, she never felt particularly intimidating. Maybe it was because she was short; it was hard to feel scarier than someone else when you had to look up at them to glare right.

>Xion pauses for a short beat, then finally sighs and sits back in her seat, once again looking ahead at the road.

I know I can't really rule out that it might have been something he was planning, maybe. But, who knows? Maybe I just had him wrong and he really did think the More Than Men would be a good lead to check out.

>Roll 1d1000 = 739


>odds only, a little more time passes and Xion's expression slowly dissolves into a frown.


Still...who were those people back there? You'd think the Chief would pick someone a little more button-lipped about who I am, since he told us himself that we needed to travel incognito.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856459

File: 1416280033507.jpg (31.53 KB, 512x288, PUPPY DOG EYES ACTIVATE.jpg)

>>856431
>Crona frowns thoughtfully as well, looking away from Xion and looking upward

That's what's making me uneasy about this...

The Chief's usually been on the level with us, but then again he is connected to the High King, and probably holds a lot of animosity towards the Elves in particular given their relationship with the Nords in general.

But like you said, either way he should have picked people that were more trustworthy, instead of...those two...

>he spoke in a clear derisive tone, obviously not holding the two of them in high opinion

>afterwards, he lifted a hand and held up three fingers

So, the way I see it, there's three possibilities:

>he curled one of them back


One, the Chief honestly thought this other place was a possibility, and those two are just more incompetent than he thought.

>he curled a second one back


Two, the Chief can't be trusted, and he is up to something with sending you to the Elven territory, and those two pretty much gave it away.

>he then curled the third back and turned to look at Xion again, now appearing quite concerned


Or three...

Those two weren't who they said they were, and they were trying to lead us into a trap.

Of course, there's no telling what that was or why they'd do that, but...

>he left it at that, letting the rest of the implications hang in the air

>the idea that a third party knew who they were and was trying to sabotage them was definitely not something to take lightly

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856477

File: 1416281468523.png (114.54 KB, 500x293, Bast Moment In The Game.png)

>>856459

...

>Again Xion opts to say nothing, but knows the implications Crona's made as clear as day.

>She hopes that the first option was the one that was true out of all three; she hated the idea that the Chief was manipulating her for the sake of the Elf and Nord conflict, and the last was distressing on its own merit.

>Her silence this time doesn't last as long, and with a shift in her seat, she rolls her shoulders to pop her back.

>Deciding the previous topic wasn't quite a good one to linger on, Xion hedges towards a different but relevant one instead.

You know, you never asked me what the Warden said about my question. We're not even going anywhere close to where the More Than Men are.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856484

File: 1416282258532.png (91.72 KB, 393x325, I Still Don't Know Who Was Fon…)

>>856477
>Crona straightens up in his seat after this question, rubbing the back of his neck while looking a bit uneasy

Well, part of it was that I figured you were still mad at me...

>he actually wondered if that still wasn't the case right then


And the other part of it was that I just figured he told you to go to Laplizuli for an alternative, and that was it.

I didn't really see anything odd about that.

>he gave a small shrug after that, though he'd then tilt his head while looking at her


...although I definitely didn't expect him to warn you that someone was going to lie to you...

He didn't say who exactly it was, though, did he...?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856495

File: 1416282686608.png (177.97 KB, 473x500, Didn'tDoIt_Noooope!.png)

>>856484

>Xion shakes her head.


Nope. He didn't have to warn me at all about them, really, since he already answered my question but...well, I think it must have been really important for him to add that while I was leaving.

>Again her fingers work at the reigns in a nervous knead, her gaze dropping to Papa's back and his pebbly skin.


He set up a lot for me to think about on the way there. About the cure, about some mysterious liar, about the Tower...and you know, coming out and not hearing much of anything from you or Fromniel didn't help me feel much better about it, either...

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856511

File: 1416283637799.png (173.83 KB, 365x388, Your Stupidity Is More Painful…)

>>856495

.....

>Crona would stare at Xion for a minute of silence, having realized what exactly had gone wrong


>THWAP!


>he then smacked his face with both of his hands, leaving them on there for a bit as he let out a groan


Oh God...

>he'd move his hands away and turn back to Xion, immediately launching into an apologetic answer


Xion I'm so sorry about all of that.

I swear to you, if Fromniel hadn't been there I would've told you what the Warden said immediately. There's no way I wouldn't have.

I just thought I was helping you out by keeping my mouth shut so I didn't accidentally cause any trouble, but I swear I didn't want to upset you or worry you or anything like that...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 856543

File: 1416285427495.jpg (54.14 KB, 319x564, Brushing Close.JPG)

>>856511

>Xion looks to Crona, and spies him sitting aside her with both of his hands firmly planted on his face. She reaches over and pokes his side a little harder than she normally would.


That's sweet of you to not want that but it still didn't mean I wasn't going to get upset. You knew already that I don't like being held out on.

>She prods his side again, this time more lightly, then looks forward again.


But I already think I've been mad at you long enough for that.

>It would be a boring and quiet trip if she did, and he did seem apologetic enough about doing it already. As long as he learned his lesson she was perfectly willing to turn her cheek.


...

For now.

>ominously

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 856569

File: 1416287193202.png (65.35 KB, 207x153, Just Focus On My Face And Not …)

>>856543
>Crona would wince at the poking, knowing she was mostly just teasing with the gesture but still not being too fond of it
>he would relax when Xion said that she was willing to forgive him for it, thankful that things would go back to normal now
>however, he'd tense right back up at her final comment

.....

>he'd gulp nervously, shuddering shortly afterwards and turning to Xion with an awkward grin on his face


L-Like I said...

Incurring your wrath? Very bad idea...

Miki "Yang Xiao" Long!aLEJudith. 856612

File: 1416327620740.png (158.51 KB, 400x583, a2a4c97cfffaf5dfb71cb849233b84…)

>>856407
>Hmm so she only arrived recently? Well either way as long as they don't get sent back right away, they'll have plenty of time to have fun.

Oh well, next time then!

>She giggles and then hums.


Well either way, if she's ends up at my place I'm sure she'll have have fun~

>She was counting on it somewhat. Iiiiiiif that the other Yang was a fierce as she was told.


>>856416
>Then she's poked.

I do! Yeah it's a little burnt, but I'm getting better!

>Then she had an idea!


Oh you should both come in and give it a try! I'm sure you'll love it!

856796

File: 1416363378804.jpg (45.78 KB, 450x237, aardvark.jpg)

>It was funny, whenever one thing seemed to be taken away from somewhere it HAD TO, absolutely HAD to pop up somewhere else

>That seemed to be a simple fact of life that had to be acknowledged


>Ant eaters and Aardvarks were taken from the Town Zoo in one world...but it seemed somewhere when something goes from going into a tear and out a rift, things tended to change


>The 10 creatures from the Zoo had grown and mutated to immense sizes....for Ant Eaters and Aardvarks anyway, the 10 were around the size of a house


>After the rift dropped them into town...a group of suited humans fell through too


>They stumbled around seemingly lost and confused, they all seemed fairly intelligent

>But one thing they all seemed to crave was sugar

>They seemed intensely stressed about getting it...

>the 10 massive mammals just increasing their stress levels...

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856927

File: 1416378047018.png (Spoiler Image,90.62 KB, 500x600, tumblr_mtakrvaCsu1ql5n7wo1_500…)

>The hospital was quiet and rather lonely, or at least it was in the specific wing Alice was in. Among the long, white halls of the hospital was a room containing the ex-demon, who was simply sitting against the beck of her bed, staring at the wall in front of her.

>Her eyes were tired and baggy, and she was beginning to lose weight. Uneaten hospital meals sat on the table next to her, and she only seemed to be drinking water. The most jarring change to her appearance, however, was the fact that her hair, cut by the doctors to care for her better, seems to have turned a pure, stark white somehow. Just as unusual, she had only one arm, the other having to be amputated midway down the upper arm, and bandaged up.


>Continually staring at the wall, she didn't make a sound, only looking away to take a sip of water, or look as she heard someone walking past her room.


>Unfortunately, she remembered everything that happened before she passed out. Her outburst of rage, her lack of feeling towards a possible innocent, punching her own friend, and cutting her own arm off in her frenzy. She remembered, and regretted, it all.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 856929

File: 1416378489852.jpg (23.36 KB, 375x750, tumblr_msrsflynba1sndjslo1_500…)

>>856927
>Hueco went down the hall to the hospital. Visiting hours had just started and he had to check up on his friend; at least he liked to believe that she was his friends.

>"Okay, Hueco, you're going to put your foot down here."


>he said, giving himself a pep talk.


>"You're going to go to her. Look her straight in the eye! Say, You are a hazard to yourself and others!! That's it!"


>he knocked on the door, after speaking with a nurse outside the room, getting permission to check in on Alice; only friends, family, and people of importance could visit.


>he entered, looking at her nervously... He gasped sharply upon seeing her arm. He did that...


>"Don't-get-mad-at-me-don't-get-mad-at-me-don't-get-mad-at-me."


>he said nothing, only looking at her nervously, a tinge of guilt in his eyes.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856930

File: 1416378880919.jpg (219.41 KB, 500x600, tumblr_inline_n72iow1pZv1qmu3t…)

>>856929
>Alice, at hearing voices outside the room, turned her head to look in curiosity. She recognized one of the voices, and watched as they opened the door.

>As he stared at her, she stared back through her tired, emotionless eyes, seemingly waiting for him to say something.


...

>When it's clear that he's not going to, she simply turns her head back, and stares at the wall again. She was ignoring him.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 856932

File: 1416379278692.jpg (191.43 KB, 791x1049, The pants are a bit tight.jpg)

>>856930
>"For the record, you cut your own arm off..."

I.. Brought you chocolates.

>he held up a small red box in his hands, the box had a picture of a christmas tree on it and was wrapped with a ribbon, which held a piece of paper to it.


>still holding the chocolate box in hand, he went over and sat down on the bed, unsure of what to say. Without saying anything, he held his hand holding the box out to her without looking at her.


At least read the note.

>the paper held to the chocolate box was folded up, so she couldn't read it at a glance.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856934

File: 1416379683278.png (325.85 KB, 607x767, tumblr_mux28twBWD1rzci6jo1_128…)

>>856932
>Alice gave the box a small glance. Was it an early Christmas present, or something?

>At first, Alice doesn't do anything, or respond to Hueco's suggestion, looking away from him for nearly a minute.


>However, after that moment, she finally decides to grab the note off the top of the chocolate box, opening it up and reading it, fully expecting it to be full of chastisement.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 856935

File: 1416380214385.jpg (56.71 KB, 500x304, tumblr_mumuzevJCC1rj0mkdo1_500…)

>>856934
>the note, written in his sloppy hand writing, wasn't quite what she had expected

Alice
I messed up
I shouldn't have used that ability on you, I didn't know it would've led to the loss of your arm
I felt like hurting you would've been the only way to get you to stop.
I was sure he wasn't the Sebastian that hurt us, he was different, I took the chance and I'm still unsure if it was right.
I'm sorry
Alice, I l-


>the last word in the bottom corner of the paper where Hueco ran out of room to write, starting with a L, was crossed out.


>on the other side, the message continued


Like you. You're a good friend and I don't want to lose you again.
I feel like my mind is melting from recent events and I need all the companionship I can get.
I'm sorry.


>he was beating himself up again...


>it was to ease things in. He was showing how he was sorry for what he had done.. Then he would scold her. That is what Hueco told himself in his mind. Yet he was far too passive to do so.


...There was a holiday sale so I figured I'd get those as a apology gift. Peppermint Milk Chocolate... I know it won't cover up losing a arm but...

>mumbling his words, he drifted off, feeling far too guilty to say words outside of a note.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856939

File: 1416381570782.jpg (35.59 KB, 273x389, ss+(2014-11-19+at+01.02.11).jp…)

>>856935
>As Alice read the note, mouthing the words as she went through Hueco's writing, her hand began to tremble. Slowly at first, but growing more noticeable as she went through the letter.

>As she got to the end, Alice's hand slowly clenched, crumpling the paper a bit. Clenching her teeth, her breathing became slowly more labored.


... You...

>She whispered out, her voice quiet due to not speaking for the past few days. After her initial word, however, she found the strength to speak louder. Much louder.


... You're such AN IDIOT! YOU THINK YOU'RE IN A PLACE TO APOLOGIZE?! YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHO NEARLY KILLED HER FRIEND!

>She throws the letter at Hueco, tears streaming from her eyes.


YOU DIDN'T COMPLETELY GO NUTS BECAUSE THE GUY LOOKED LIKE HIM! YOU DIDN'T BEG HIM TO KILL YOU JUST TO GET OUT OF HIS FUCKED UP GAME!

>She reaches over, and clenches her side where her arm should have been, looking away from Hueco.


YOU... You didn't drive away your friends, or fall for "his" lies... And you weren't as stupid as I was.

>Looking back at him, glaring through her tear-soaked eyes, she leans forward slightly.


So don't you dare apologize when NONE OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT! It's... It's all MINE! You... idiot!

>At this point, she simply hunches over, bringing her hand to her face and sobbing into it.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 856942

File: 1416382349350.jpg (45.31 KB, 412x576, tumblr_mmke5jansu1spxjxgo1_500…)

>>856939
>it.. Looked like he didn't have to scold her.. He didn't have to shelter the blame and make matters worse for himself, just to make those around him happy. Had he been acting as like a matyr for the sake of being a matyr, telling himself it was for others happiness? This wasn't about him. This was about Alice.

>he drew his hand back...


>only to reach forward and wrap his arms around Alice. He had a surprisingly firm grip. If Alice looked, she would notice he was crying as well.


You've lost too much... You don't deserve this sadness. No one does.

>He would scold her. Tell her that it was all the fault of Alice's inability to control her anger. But, he couldn't do that... Right now, I'll he could do was provide his company.


We're stuck in this together, we both have our problems. But we won't get anywhere if we don't fix them...

>unless Alice hugs back, he lets go


Alice? Tell me what you want.

>Hueco was using the voice from before. His confident look, the one that intrigued Alice so much.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856944

File: 1416383084920.png (90.62 KB, 500x600, tumblr_mtakrvaCsu1ql5n7wo1_500…)

>>856942
>Alice continues to sob pitifully, even after Hueco wraps his arms around her.

>After a while, she finally seems to regain her self control, finally, slowly, stopping her crying. Looking up at Hueco at his question, she notices that he was crying as well, and using that confident look again, causing her to look down at her lap in guilt.


I...

>Looking over at Hueco's legs, not wanting to pick her head up to look at his face, she answers his question.


... I want everything to go back to how it was before...

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 856948

File: 1416383626455.jpg (198.85 KB, 500x375, tumblr_mb3dpbNcrm1r27q2lo1_500…)

>>856944
>go back to the way things were?

>oh how he wanted that to happen, how appealing it sounded.


Alice...

>he took a deep breath, taking a packet of tissues out of his pocket. Taking a moment, he wiped his eyes before offering it to Alice.


...I'm a demon. You were a demon. If by "go back to the way things were," you mean live normally. Then you CAN'T have that.

>he sniffled


We can't live peacefully because of who we are. Whether we turn /human/, whether we gain a new sense of self, or if we fight those who /ruin/ our /peace/.

I've learned that no matter what I do, I can't live quietly. Things can't go back to /normal/. The most I can fucking do is live in peace for a while until something comes up or I go somewhere to figure something out.

>he put his hand to his eyes, shaking his head


...As good as it sounds... It all feels like one big pipe dream...

But that doesn't mean we can't adapt to the changes...

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 856950

File: 1416384153298.png (325.85 KB, 607x767, tumblr_mux28twBWD1rzci6jo1_128…)

>>856948
>At his brutally honest words, Alice looked up and glared at him, grabbing one of the tissues.

If I can't have that, then... I...

>She looks away again, wiping her eyes and nose off.


I want... my father to come back.

>Her eyes began to well up again at the mention of her late father, wiping them again, and beginning to sniffle.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 856951

File: 1416384655139.png (49.4 KB, 500x300, tumblr_me9bxovXjG1rl88f1o1_500…)

>>856950
>he didn't know his birth parents. He knew of his nature as being reborn after previous self died, but what of his origin.. He didn't know.. He couldn't relate, not knowing a father's love.

...

>how does he answer?


>"He lives on in your heart." Would do nothing for Alice with what she's going through

>"He'll be back, trust me" Was nothing but lies to make her feel better
>"I never had a father either." Was only turning the conversation to focus on him.
>"People only die when they're forgotten." Doesn't get rid of the fact that Leviathan is no longer in this world.

...He...

>he struggled to find words. He had to understand first.


...What's having a father like...?

Raven!pinkie78Os 857064

File: 1416432273016.png (284.81 KB, 382x333, Like a boss.png)

>it took a bit more insisting on her part following her previous discussion with Superman, but in the end she was finally allowed to come back to work
>though it was going to be a slow process getting back into routine, so her early patrols would be shorter and smaller, but at least it was something
>she had reached the point that she was going a bit stir-crazy in the manor, her books and hanging out with Rocks only helping so much
>so getting to fly around the Silver City skies again was a wonderful change of pace, getting to feel the wind blow against her face once again

.....

>or at least it would be, if said wind wasn't a bitterly cold November wind

>Raven would shiver and pull her cloak tighter around her, wishing she had thought to get her winter outfit before heading out, now looking forward to just going home and hiding under some blankets

Just one more sweep...you can do this...

>she reached the edge of her district and turned around, starting to head back the way she came to search around one more time

Superman!7iNNPsLMuM 857079

>>857064
>beepbeep-beep-beep-beepbeep-beep-beep!
>the cold silence of the sky would be interrupted by a quick beeping, easily recognized by the sorceress as a call in he JA communicator
>all JA members had to be reachable at all times in case of emergency, and the small communicators could be kept anywhere in a member's outfit
>each call would have its own level of alarm, from a constant beep to signify a low threat, and a more rapid one for higher danger, while a jingle was often chosen by members to indicate social calls
>the fast ringing of the half-demon's communicator would serve to instantly let her know a medium-high to high-low level threat was occurring
>in situations such as these, the communicator would quickly give way to her superior's voice, the Man of Steel's unmistakable controlled yet friendly tone speaking out to her
Raven? I'm sorry to do this on your first day back, but we might have a problem. We just got a distress call from one of our teams, and you're the closest member to their location.
Unfortunately we don't have all of the details, all we know is that they were ambushed by something while on patrol. Their last location was near the Dockside Amusement Park. Lend them all the help you can, and report back as soon as you can. Superman out.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857100

File: 1416434578229.png (390.62 KB, 531x454, ACTION LINES!.png)

>>857079
>Raven would give a shuddering breath when she heard the JA communicator she was carrying give off a series of short beeps, causing her to stop in her tracks for a moment
>the sequence of beeps would quickly get her on edge, knowing that this was something serious and likely would require her full attention
>she listened to Superman's voice on the other end, making note of the location he listed while also wondering just what could be the problem, if it could ambush a full team like this
>not wasting any time, she tapped the clasp on her cloak and began dictating her response

Roger that, Superman. I'll investigate this immediately. Raven out.

>a second tap would shut off her communicator, allowing her to turn and fly off towards the amusement park, moving at a faster speed this time around

>she wasn't expecting to run into something like this so quickly, but she probably should have
>one thing that could be said about working for the Justice Avengers:
>it was never boring

The working Dead 857106

>>857100
>meanwhile!
>Captain America, Spider-Man, Flash, Shazam, and Iceman sit in a darkened room. Between each of them is a round table with a deck if playing cards and varying piles of poker chips beside each J.A. Member.

Spider-Man:.... I fold
Flash: same.
Iceman: ditto
Shazam:I... Think I got a good hand?
>placing his cards down he reveales his had to be a 10, Jack, queen, King, and an Ace, all of then clubs.

>the one remaining player looks down in shock before placing his cards down in contrast to the hand places at his forehead.

Cap:well... You win again Shazam.

Shazam: awesome!
>reaching his massive arms over, he pulls the pile of poker chips to add to his already impressive pile.

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857107

>>857100
>as the sorceress approached her destination, it would be made clear very quickly that something was wrong
>from the distance she would already see that several fires had been set, nothing that could become a serious fire, but enough to be noticed
>the entrance to the pier was badly damage, the concrete chipped and dented with several craters, and the wooden board equally busted
>many of the stands had looked as if something at been sent against, or even through them, many laying completely shattered
>thankfully, it seemed that no civilians had been harmed, possibly having been safely evacuated by the first team before the obvious fight got too out of hand
>but just because no civilians were there, that didn't mean there were no injured

>the first person Raven would come across would be laying in the wreckage of a dunking booth, badly injured, but thankfully alive

>the short yet muscular man wore a bright orange and yellow bodysuit, his head covered by a bullet-shaped helmet except for his mouth, which was bleeding from a busted lip and a few missing teeth

Raven!pinkie78Os 857113

File: 1416438195801.png (215.7 KB, 395x424, I am disgusted, yet intrigued …)

>>857107
>as Raven flew down to the amusement park, a tense frown crossed her face as she saw the damage left behind by whatever it was that came through there
>though the damage itself needed to be taken care of, she first had to make sure if there was anyone around that needed help
>she would quickly sweep her gaze around the area as she flew overhead, only stopping when she found the figure laying in the dunking booth

-!

>she would turn and fly down to ground level, landing in front of the man and moving closer to check on him

>she didn't recognize the outfit at all, immediately assuming it was one of the new recruits that came in while she was absent, but nonetheless she leaned closer and spoke hurriedly

Hey, can you hear me? Can you hear my voice?

If you can hear what I'm saying, please respond!

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857115

>>857113
>response would come by a heavy cough and a wheeze, the costumed man just barely moving his body from the pain
You-...You got the signal... Thank God...
>despite his very weakened state, the man still managed to lift his hand up to his head, giving the sorceress a salute
It's good to see you, m-ma'am...-!
>he would flinch heavily, but still push through to continue talking, the man being very straightforward with his tone, as if he were speaking to his commanding officer
Bullet-Sight...reporting for duty as-...as much as he can, ma'am...
Hear you, loud and clear... Status...manageable, but...no longer battle-capable... Failed my team...right on our first mission...
>he coughed loudly again, followed by a pained groan
>a closer look showed he, thankfully, didn't seem to suffer any major damage, no broken limbs or open wounds
>it would seem the recruit was simply pummeled into submission

Raven!pinkie78Os 857119

File: 1416439737617.png (180.97 KB, 342x404, Pensative moment.png)

>>857115
>Raven would shift back a bit to get a proper look at the fallen hero, blinking once but giving a short salute in return
>she was right in that he was one of the new guys, and the fact that this was his first mission did ellicit quite a bit of sympathy for the poor guy

It's quite alright, Bullet-Sight. It's just a bit of bad luck, you've done nothing wrong. It happens to the best of us.

>she tried her best to sound comforting, but she wasn't sure if it was really doing him any good

>she'd lean closer to get a better look at his injuries, relaxing a bit when she saw it wasn't anything too serious, judging that this hero must be a pretty durable one

Can you tell me what exactly did this...?

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857133

>>857119
>the recruit would shift his position slightly, a move he would clearly regret as he clenched his teeth from the pain
We...We were sent here for a beneficiary assignment... j-just wave to the crowd, make the kids happy by seeing real...heroes...
>he would release a breath, still struggling with the bruises over his body
They must have come from the sea...blindsided the captain, shot him in the back...he fell...down to me, Skin Crawler, and Lou...
There were three of them...a big yellow guy in a diver suit...bigger blue guy, a shark with arms and legs... God, I never expected to see that... Third guy was the leader...ordered the other two around while he sat back and watched...
>he shook his head, now having to deal with a headache as he tried to remember
Tried to bring down the shark guy, but...he was tough... Picked up like I was nothing, and just swung me all over like I was rag doll... Lou tried to help after he got the civilians evacuated, but I got put out before I could help him...
>he slowly moved his hand, pointing down the pier
We...took them further from the city... My team...should be there...I could hear noises... They might still need help...

Raven!pinkie78Os 857142

File: 1416441527574.jpg (6.51 KB, 320x240, I Respect The Right To Free Sp…)

>>857133
>Raven's frown grew more tense as Bullet-Sight continued to detail what happened, trying to piece together just who he was describing
>while the descriptions of the assailants didn't immediately bring names to mind, the overall theme of them did give her an idea of what was happening
>she'd turn and look to where Bullet-Sight was pointing, nodding once in understanding

Alright...

>she then looked back to him, gently patting his shoulder to help keep his focus


What about the leader? What did he look like?

>she wasn't sure if this newer hero knew who the villain in particular was, but it never hurt to check


Did they look at all like someone named Black Manta?

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857150

>>857142
>the man would move his head from side to side with a little more ease than before
>he spoke a little clearer, clearly starting to get some relief from his pain
Negative...he didn't look like the pictures in the JA's archive...armor was different... He used this...mask or helmet, shaped like a big star...armor with lots of chains, and a cape bigger than he was... He was a small guy too, but...with a big voice...spoke like he was in some play... It was...pretty ridiculous at first...

Raven!pinkie78Os 857156

File: 1416443308585.jpg (15.35 KB, 550x413, Hi, I Heard There Was An Herb…)

>>857150
>Raven tilted her head slightly at the description, not recognizing it at all and agreeing with Bullet-Sight's description that it was ridiculous
>she'd nod slowly once again, then glance back at where he pointed before back to him

OK, just one more question, Bullet-Sight...

Who's your commanding officer?

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857159

>>857156
>the bullet man would groan again as he pushed himself to sit up straighter
Strong Arm Man, ma'am...I can't explain how much of an honor it was...having been placed on his team...
He got hurt bad, I don't...know his status...but he wasn't moving when I last saw him...
>the name was definitely not familiar to the sorceress from her world, being one of the heroes native to this planet
>an old timer and veteran, in the same league as those in the JSA, he was widely respected among the citizens of Victin, and many of the new recruits who grew up hearing of his tales

Raven!pinkie78Os 857160

File: 1416445331638.png (284.81 KB, 382x333, Like a boss.png)

>>857159
>the name was not at all familiar to Raven, but from how Bullet-Sight described him, he must've been a very big deal among the people of this planet
>she nodded once again, then started to pull away from him

Alright, I'm going to go investigate and make sure everyone is OK.

You just wait here for a bit longer, Bullet-Sight.

>she gave him a small smile, while also saluting him again


You did a good job, Bullet-Sight. Rest easy.

>she would then lift off of the ground, already activating her communicator as she did


Superman, this is Raven. I've made contact with one of Strong Arm Man's teammates, Bullet-Sight.

He's not in critical condition, but he's in no state to keep fighting. He may need medical attention in a short amount of time.

>she'd start to fly towards the spot Bullet-Sight pointed out, already keeping her eyes ready for any sign of the team


He reported that their attackers were a group of sea-related villains, no connection to Black Manta. One a yellow man in a diver suit, one blue shark-man, and their leader wearing a star-shaped helmet and large cape.

He said that Strong Arm Man wasn't in good condition when he last saw him, I'm searching for their team now.

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857170

>>857160
>the voice on the other end would waste no time in responding back
Star-shaped helmet...?
>there was a pause as the man took a second to think
I'll find the nearest team close to you and send them over, as well as a medical crew.
Raven, don't head into a fight where you're outnumbered. If all of Strong Arm Man's team was taken down, do your best to get them to safety, and don't try to take these guys on your own. Let the other team handle them.


>the further the sorceress headed down the pier, the more battle damage she would see

>many of the stands and rides were either smashed, or burnt to a crisp, objects tossed or smashed all over the floor
>there was a special abundance of bumper cars that had apparently been tossed around by either the recruits or the ones who attacked them

>crush!

>there was a sound, distant yet still loud enough to be heard
>crush!!
>again the same sound, as if something hard was striking stone, followed by a loud chuckle
>as the half-demon approached the roller coaster, she would quickly see six figures all over the wrecked amusement park

>closer to her, and farthest from the end of the pier, laid a large body

>the man was short, even shorter than Bullet-Sight, but incredibly muscular on his upper body, his arms being twice the width of his legs
>he wore a very basic, of not classic, aqua-blue costume, and a bright red cape
>he laid face down, a smoldering hole in his cape and costume, the burnt and still smoldering skin visible
>from her position, it was difficult to tell if the grey-haired man was still breathing

>next would be a woman in a brown leotard, yellow sunglasses, and long red hair, curled up in a ball next to a stand filled with burnt plush dolls

>the hero known as Skin Crawler was still alive, but clearly in an agonizing amount of pain, as the sorceress would be able to see her bare arms and legs being very badly burnt, the singed flesh still smoking

>crush!

>the third hero would be the only one still standing, but just barely as a large fist kept colliding against his face
>Large Lou was, literally, a big rock, with stubby arms, legs, and a face
>but even the sturdy big man had seemed to met his match, the man in front of him holding him with one of his giant hands, and punching him repeatedly with the other, the stone cracking beneath each blow

Ah-heh-heh-heh-heh!
>crush!
I tell ya, this be better than even those sandbags t' strike!
>the man assaulting the rock barely resembled a man at all
>instead, the figure took on the appearance of a large shark's head, standing at an imposing eight feet in height
>he would almost seem to have no body, his abnormally large head composing most of the shark's mass, to the point where even his arms rose out from just below his ears, and his wide mouth nearly touched his shoulders
>his lower body was very small, making it a wonder of just how he could keep the enormous head standing
What say you, my friend? Do you wish to give it a go?
>he would turn to another figure, mockingly holding his hand up to his ear despite

>his partner wouldn't speak a word, and it was difficult to say if he even could

>the other figure would be shrouded in an old heavy, clunky, and very worn yellow diving suit, his movements sluggish from the weighted boots and round helmet
>on closer inspection through the viewing glass of the helmet, there would be no figure visible inside
>instead, the suit seemed to be filled with fire that raged inside, making the helmet glow through the glass

No? Ah well! More entertainment fer me!
>he reared his fist back, punching the stone man so hard he sent him flying a good five feet away from him


>finally, one figure sat lazily on the roller coaster's car, an arm over the seat, while his feet stood over the front of the car

>true to Bullet-Sight's description, the man would be heavily armored, the metallic pieces staying over a black bodysuit, and held together by many chains
>even his boots were armored, and the gauntlets on his hands seemed dangerously heavy
>more strikingly would be the man's large metal helmet that completely covered his head, shaped like a large star, with only two wide visors for eyes, almost resembling the eyes of a bug

857175

File: 1416448116165.png (279.41 KB, 600x600, 36350556.png)

>>856612

She's very high strung...

>Ariel comments scratching the back of her head


>she sniffs the air smelling the burns, but she gulps a bit


>Best to spare Miki's feelings when it comes to her cooking though...


Alright then, let's come in for now...

>she taps her chin


I wonder if since I'm here I'm technically off duty...

>>856416

Congrats Saya, you figured it out too, this world's Ros is a lot like me....which means its me is fluffy, wonder if she has comfy tails.

857177

File: 1416448508236.jpg (520.02 KB, 768x1024, 19326492_p0.jpg)

>>856612
....
>Saya just stared at Miki
A-are you trying to test out if I have nine lives!?
>>857175
...You don't have to say it that way..

Raven!pinkie78Os 857204

File: 1416450284004.png (219.38 KB, 395x444, Checking mind status__ still f…)

>>857170
>Raven would halt in mid-air when she got a better look at the situation below her, her eyes shooting wide open now that she could properly see the destruction all around
>she'd quickly drop down to the ground, landing near the fallen burnt hero and ducking behind a bit of debris to stay hidden
>she'd peek her head out, getting a look at the fallen hero nearby, presumably Strong Arm Man, then speak in a whisper to her communicator

Superman, I can confirm that Strong Arm Man's team is down. All of them have been defeated, I can't confirm their individual conditions just yet.

Their attackers are still here. The giant...shark...man is attacking the...well, the living rock. I'm guessing that's Lou.

None of them seem to be injured at all. I'm not sure how strong they are, but I think I will definitely need back-up.

I'm going to approach Strong Arm Man now, I'll keep you posted.

>she then started to inch out from behind the debris, slowly getting closer to the fallen older hero

>once she was near him, she'd lean closer and whisper to him

Hello? Can you hear me?

Strong Arm Man, can you hear me?

Miki Yang Xiao Long!aLEJudith. 857205

File: 1416450297450.png (129.83 KB, 550x400, 69baf5eafe80d586835b0a8d7bdf63…)

>>857175
>Moving aside to let the girls in, Miki nods.

It might as well be, you can't really do your work if you're dimensions apart.

Think of it as a much needed vacation!

>>857177
>At Saya's response, Miki puffs out her cheeks and frowns.

Don't be mean! I tried it out myself and it tastes just fine!

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857223

>>857204
>there was a groan, a twitch of his eyebrows and fingers
>but the muscular man wouldn't open his eyes or respond to the sorceress

>the shark man in the distance would stomp closer to the rock, chuckling lowly

I yell ya, these "he-rows" are quite-done fun to pound on! Too bad dey crumble easier than a dried up ol' leaf!
>he would swing his foot to strike the rock, sending it rolling for another short length
>then, the shark took in a big and loud whiff of air, moving his head slightly to the side
>and a very wide grin appears on his face, black eyes focused at something in the distance
Well, well, well! Is'at some new blood ah smell!
>he would begin to stomp forward, heading directly to where the half-demon was
>with a bunch of rubble between the shark and his new prey, he would swing his powerful arm to throw the wreckage out of his path

Raven!pinkie78Os 857240

File: 1416451808314.png (156.45 KB, 345x329, Is this before, or after Ident…)

>>857223
>the sound was the only sign that Strong Arm Man was still alive, but it was enough for Raven to relax only slightly
>she'd tug at her cloak to speak into her communicator again

Strong Arm Man is still alive, Superman, but his condition is critical. I'm going to-

>she'd stop when she heard the shark man stomping her way, glancing up and holding her breath for a second


.....

>she'd then start speaking rapidly again


I've been compromised, I'm going to make my escape.

>she'd put her cloak back into place, then summon up a wave of her shadowy energy to try and cover both herself and Strong Arm Man

>roll to interrupt
>if the roll fails, the shadow merges with the ground, teleporting them both away from the shark man's line of sight

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857242

>>857240
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 212

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857249

>>857242
>>857240
>debris would fly into the air, random bits and pieces of damaged karts and stand effortlessly thrown aside by one swing of the shark man's arm
>but, when the dust cleared, there was nothing there
What in-?
>he would quickly look from side to side, growing alarmed as one of the bodies had simply vanished
>but he still grinned widely, chuckling as he sniffed at the air again
Slippery lil' fishy... Think ye can hide from ol' Jawsaw, do ye?
>he would turn back slightly, shouting at the figure in the roller coaster car
Boss! Somebody be pickin' off our new friends! Don't worry, though! Ah'll find 'em, yes ah will!
>he would bend down, sniffing at the floor as he attempted to pick up the same smell he had gotten earlier
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 884

857262

File: 1416452705501.jpg (293.04 KB, 676x1000, 40398503.jpg)

>>857205

>She scratches the back of her head


...Point taken

>She walks in and soon sits down


I wonder if this world has our bar...

>She taps her chin a bit


>>857177

>she pats Saya's head


Sorry...

]1d1000]
>odds, she's able to resist Scratching Saya behind the ears and teasing, "But who's my good kitty?"

857263

>>857262
Roll 1d1000 = 91

Raven!pinkie78Os 857273

File: 1416453047503.png (363.91 KB, 507x439, I havent done anything, and I …)

>>857242
>>857249
>further away, Raven reappeared near where Bullet-Sight was still laying, the shadow dissipating and leaving Strong Arm Man behind
>she'd then be enveloped in a new shadow, disappearing from that spot and reappearing closer to where Skin Crawler was, inching closer and whispering to her

So if the rock is Lou, you must be Skin Crawler...

>she'd stare at the burns on her limbs, wincing sympathetically before whispering again


Sorry for not being gentle, but we need to move...

>she'd start to summon up another shadow to take them both away

>roll to interrupt
>if fail, same as before

857274

File: 1416453068448.jpg (168.37 KB, 394x600, 26964941_m.jpg)

>>857205
I'm not being mean.
And how are you ok?
>Letting out a sigh, she kicked the ground a little.
>>857262
>Following behind Jo, she sat next to her.
I'm wondering if there's a Haruko and my sister here...

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857278

>>857273
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 35

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857279

>>857249
>the shark would sniff at the ground, but seemed to be unable to find what he was looking for
Strange... It's as if they just done and gone disappeared!
>he would take in another whiff of air
>>857278
>>857273
>just as the smell made it's reappearance
>very quickly, the shark would turn his head to see a dark figure hunched over the wounded hero
Ah-heh-heh! There you are, my cherry!
>his foot would stomp the ground, followed by another, and another
>the shark would charge towards the two heroes, looking to ram right into the figure in dark colors
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 76

Raven!pinkie78Os 857286

File: 1416453903440.png (527.3 KB, 640x480, Eddie is my wingman.png)

>>857278
>>857279
>as Raven would summon the shadow to get them away, she'd hear the shark man quickly approaching them and about to crash into her

-!

>thinking fast, she curves the shadow around so that it forms a shield for her, the shark about to crash right into it

>she then pushes it out, sending the hardened wall of black energy at the still-charging shark
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 810

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857295

>>857286
>smack!
>the wave of black energy slams right into the shark man, sending him back the same way he had ran from
>he lands on his back with a grunt, but quickly smile with another chuckle, getting up to his feet while rubbing his nose
Well now, this is mighty interestin'! So you can do more than just run, my cherry!
>he paused, only now getting a good look of the hero
Or should that be "my blueberry!" Ah-heh-heh-heh-heh!
>he stepped forward, slowly making his way towards the sorceress and the down Skin Crawler
Now, jus' hold still, cherry! Let Jawsaw get a good look at ye!
>he stopped after just a few steps, shaking his head disappointingly
Now tell me, is that any way for a lady to dress? All those dark and dreary colors, it don't fit a proper lady, my cherry!
>he reached next to him, grabbing a bright pink bumper car with just one hand
You should add more color to your life, Ah tell ya! TRY THIS ON!
>and threw it straight at the sorceress, the bumper car flying through the air
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 156

Raven!pinkie78Os 857298

File: 1416454737249.gif (285.68 KB, 500x375, Monochrome Powers, Now In Moti…)

>>857295

-!

>acting fast, Raven covered the car with her dark energy before it could reach her, halting it in mid-air

>she groaned slightly under the strain, but starts to slowly push the car back up

No...thanks...

>she turns her stare to the one called "Jawsaw", lifting the car up higher bit by bit


I think...it'd look better...on you!

>with one burst of energy, she then flings the bumper car back at the shark man

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 202

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857304

>>857298
>the shark would give an incredulous sound, just before the bumper car crashed right against his face
>once again he fell on his back, a large bruise over his face as he reached up to place his hands over his sensitive nose with a growl
>he slammed his fist down on the ground, pushing himself back onto his feet, although clearly struggling a little
Now, my cherry... You got some fight in ye, Ah will give ye that much... But ye are startin' to really get under my skin, Ah tell ya!
>he growled again, his black eyes narrowing
And Ah guarantee, this be not a mood ye wish to see me with!
>he let out a roar, once again charging forward at the sorceress
>he stuck out his arm, trying to ram it right against the hero's face
>odds, LARIATOOO Roll 1d1000 = 53

Ros!pR.BaFF/uk 857312

File: 1416455719277.jpg (236.36 KB, 566x800, 41559591_p7.jpg)

>>857205
>>857262
>>857274
>There's a large amount of clinking and clanking compared to before as some loud footsteps come down the staircase.

Ooooh man, that is so much better...

>Equipped with one shoulderguard attached to the half-engine half-gauntlet with various tubes and cables, held in place with the help of a breastplate, he was finally back in his arm-our and scarf, feeling much better in less stiff clothes and actually sporting a smile for the first time since the pair had arrived in the world at the wedding.


>As reached the corridor entrance to the living room he spotted the two sitting down, as well as Miki close by, causing the smile to be replaced with a neutral, but not unpleasant expression.


... I swear, I always end up with you three in my house in one way or another.

>One arm on his hip and the other, with the gauntlet, dangling without a care, he at least looked a lot less tense than before. It might've been the relaxing atmosphere of his own home, but at least the maddening frustration had left him for the moment.


Guess I'd better get to that kitchen...

Raven!pinkie78Os 857313

File: 1416455786342.png (263.02 KB, 437x454, 'Wear a cape' they said, 'it l…)

>>857304
>unfortunately, tossing the car had taken quite a bit of energy out of Raven, and she was left defenseless as the shark charged for her again

>WHAM!


>and the end result is her seeing stars as his arm crashes into her head

>she flips back through the air and lands hard on her back, letting out a loud "OOF" in turn
>she is staring up at the sky, but her vision was unfocused and hazy, the blow clearly having stunned her for the moment

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857315

>>857313
>the shark let out a breath as he came to a stop, followed by another chuckle
>he glanced down at the sorceress, then reached at her cloak to lift her up by it
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 201

>if hit

Now, now, my cherry, this be no time for sleep! We still got so much t' discuss! Ah-heh-heh-heh!
>then simply throw her aside, closer to the roller coaster and the other two figures
>roll for safe landing

Raven!pinkie78Os 857317

>>857315
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 651

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857321

File: 1416456412097.png (77.78 KB, 374x577, tumblr_n3j2raOirY1snaxauo2_400…)

>>856951
Uh...

>She sniffles, wiping her eyes and noes once more.


Why? Did you never have one?

>She looks up at him, curiously through her red, tear-stained eyes.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857322

File: 1416456439022.png (325.29 KB, 502x431, Waking up in the middle of the…)

>>857315
>>857317
>with no means to defend herself, Raven is quickly thrown across the amusement park, a pained scream leaving her as she flies

>CRASH!


>she lands hard in the debris near the other two figures, another shout leaving her right afterwards

>she starts to push herself back up, not even making it to her knees just yet, still groggy and hurting from the last attack

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857325

File: 1416456611045.jpg (174.98 KB, 500x500, 1360633779874.jpg)

>>857321
...It's.. Hard to describe.

>he curled up, hugging his knees


To save time, no, I never knew my father. I've never known my original mother.

>he paused


...Yet I don't know if I want to meet either of them or not.

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857326

>>857322
Ah-heh-heh-heh!
>the shark slowly made his way to where the sorceress had landed
Now then, what t' do with ye? Do Ah break those lovely legs, or jus' pummel you into th' floor?
>he struck his fist at his palm, letting out another chuckle
>lifting both hands as he held them together, he would prepare to bring them straight down on the hero's back

>until-

>cont.

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857327

>>857322
>>857326
>thump!

>thump!


>thump!


>THUMP!


>with a cry, the large rock that was Large Lou would charge his way into the open

>despite the large crack across his face, the recruit still stood strong as he attempted to ram right into the shark's back to knock him away from his fellow hero
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 693

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857328

File: 1416456963560.png (90.62 KB, 500x600, tumblr_mtakrvaCsu1ql5n7wo1_500…)

>>857325
I see.

>Letting out a small sigh, she leans back into her bed, staring at her lap.


Well, I don't expect you to understand, but it's like... having a best friend who you know will always love you. You never have to be worried when around them.

>She shrugs.


It's hard to explain. I don't know...

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857329

>>857327
-?
>the loud thumping of the rock man's feet would easily be picked up by the shark man
>his grin only grew, however, even chuckling with his back turned at the recruit
Boy, you should jus' know when to quit...
>instead of swinging his arms down, he would swing them as he turned around, looking to hammer the rock man right in the face with both hands
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 929

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857330

File: 1416457179131.jpg (35.21 KB, 346x347, ss (2013-06-12 at 09.19.04).jp…)

>>857328
...

>Guess it was like describing the colors of the rainbow to a blind person.


Don't have to be worried... That sounds nice.

>he smiled


Alice, I know this sounds asinine, everything I say sounds asinine, but... I think your father will come back.

Trust me...

Miki Yang Xiao Long!aLEJudith. 857331

File: 1416457257568.gif (1.9 MB, 500x500, tumblr_n7wc3jpqhI1rec90to1_500…)

>>857262
>Miki once again frowns at the mention of the Bar.

Even if it is here, it's not as if I can go anyway! Grrrrrr... if only I were a bit older I could go boozing with you...

>She was close though, another few years and she won't be just watching Ariel be a cute drunk...


>>857274
You make it sound like it's poisonous Saya! I promise it's not like that grilled fish I gave you last time!

>In fact...


I'll show you! I'll go garb my the grilled cheese right now!

>She heads for the kitchen to get the gooey charcoal.


>>857312
>And passes Ros on the way there.

Why do you need to wear that thing anyway Ros? Don't you have your magic?

>Ariel didn't sport that big metal thing on her arm like he did... but then again Ros wasn't the Captain of this world's Guard so he's probably less cool.


And there's some grilled cheese for you too!

>And a horrid mess as well. Pots and pans everywhere, some with burnt chess gluing the bread to the pans and the pots filled with water after her attempts to boil toast and eggs at the same time. Black strips of what use to be bacon were drowned in half cooked pancake batter.... and a large pitcher of lemon-aid was on the table with the fluid inside currently on fire.


I... made a bit of a mess... I'll clean it all up later!!

>Grabbing three plates she puts the "grilled cheese", two each, on them and hands one to Ros as she passes him by before going back to where Ariel and Saya were sitting and handing them both theirs


Here you are! A Miki Long Production!

Raven!pinkie78Os 857332

File: 1416457455460.png (290.04 KB, 478x463, I'm giving you three seconds t…)

>>857326
>>857327
>>857329
>the thumping and crashing was enough to bring Raven out of her stupor, and she turns her glare back at the still-attacking Sawjaw
>she sees Lou getting pounded down and brings up another shadowy wisp, this one trying to tie around one of his arms
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 465
>if successful, the wisp then latches onto the ground, binding tightly around Sawjaw's bicep

Large Lou!7iNNPsLMuM 857336

>>857329
>crash!
>the shark's blow struck right across the rock man's face, sending him tumbling back down, and breaking off more pieces off of his face
>but the large rock still struggled to get up, managing to push himself with his rocky arms onto his stubby legs, and attempt to punch the shark right in his gut
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 647

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857337

>>857332
>>857336
>the shark glanced back in time to notice the shadowy wisp attempt to crawl onto his arm
>as well as the hard-to-miss boulder attempt to swing a pathetic punch against him
>the shark lifted both his arms, then would suddenly begin spinning, looking to clobber both heroes with his arms as they passed by
>odds, Raven Roll 1d1000 = 826
>odds, Lou Roll 1d1000 = 552

Raven!pinkie78Os 857340

File: 1416458221756.jpg (18.55 KB, 289x413, No, I Haven't Been Watching Dr…)

>>857336
>>857337
>Raven didn't have much of a problem dodging the attack, still low enough to the ground to avoid it as he passed over
>shortly afterward, she covered a chunk of debris with her shadowy energy, dislodging it from the ground and lifting it up
>she then swung the chunk of concrete at the back Sawjaw's head like a baseball bat
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 60

Large Lou!7iNNPsLMuM 857341

>>857337
>>857340
>the living boulder would have a slightly hard time at dodging the blows, needing to swing his entire body weight back enough to literally stumble out of the way
>but the stone glanced at the hero behind the shark known as Jawsaw, noticing as she summoned behind him a large slab of concrete
>and as she swung it against the back of their foe's head, the stone would charge forward, looking to crush the shark between the concrete and himself
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 499

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857343

>>857340
>thud!
>the shark let out a quick cry as the concrete crashed against the back of his head, forcing him to stumble forward
>his teeth clenched together, a very angry roar leaving the shark man's throat
>>857341
>so as the boulder ran against him, the shark stuck his hands forward, managing to stop the rock's advance with his muscular arms
>Roll 1d1000 = 428
>evens, he rears a fist back, simply smashing it straight against Lou's already damaged face; min damage

>odds, the shark's fingers would dig into the rock's side, suddenly lifting the boulder up

>he then turns quickly, swinging the rock against the sorceress...
>roll for dodge
>before simply throwing the rock away against the wall of a nearby arcade place; max damage

Raven!pinkie78Os 857346

File: 1416459080590.png (179.73 KB, 510x480, Everybody, calm your tits! I g…)

>>857341
>>857343
>Raven sees Lou getting his face smashed in again and shouts reflexively out of anger

HEY!

>she rears the chunk of concrete back and swings it again at Sawjaw's head

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 663
>if successful, she then swings it right down at his eye
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 391

Large Lou!7iNNPsLMuM 857347

>>857343
>the rock man would stumble back, actually losing his right eye, and a large portion of his face from the punch
>Roll 1d100 = 3

>evens, the recruit still stands, however, and with a grumbling howl, tries to give the shark a taste of his own medicine by punching him right in the face

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 94

---

>odds, the rock slowly falls down on his back from the blow, letting out a low and pained groan

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857349

>>857347
>>857346
>Jawsaw grinned, bringing down the rock man returning his good mood
>he then quickly spun to face the demon, holding up a muscular arm to block the concrete, taking considerably less damage had he gotten struck in the face
>he let out a roar, reaching a hand forward the grab the demon by the face
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 811

>if success, he then began squeezing down on the sorcerer's head while chuckling lowly

>roll to escape

Raven!pinkie78Os 857350

>>857349
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 40

Raven!pinkie78Os 857363

File: 1416461828490.png (163.07 KB, 344x343, Screw you guys, I'm gonna go s…)

>>857349
>>857350

Ngh-!

>Raven had to force back a scream when Jawsaw's hand gripped down on her head, the sheer raw strength quickly threatening to crush her skull

>she'd envelop Jawsaw's hand in her shadowy energy, starting to push the fingers back off of her head slowly to allieviate the pain
>however, she couldn't quite pry his hand off entirely, though she'd continue to try, grunting and groaning in pain as she did

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857365

>>857363
>the shark would only chuckle louder as the magic struggled to pry his hand out of her head
Feisty little cherry, ain't she? Ye should not strain yourself so much, darlin'! Ah may have to hit ye harder than Ah needed, and mess up yer pretty looks!
>Roll 1d1000 = 797
>odds, the shark man would clench down harder on her head despite the magic around his hand; roll to escape

Raven!pinkie78Os 857366

>>857365
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 690

Raven!pinkie78Os 857372

File: 1416462788931.jpg (19.22 KB, 550x413, I Find Your Lack Of Faith Dist…)

>>857365
>>857366
>she could feel the pressure starting to build around her head, the strain only getting greater and greater
>and while her powers were providing some resistance, it wasn't going to hold up for much longer
>so, thinking fast, she undid the clasp on her cloak and slipped out, leaving Sawjaw holding only the hood
>she lands on the ground and pushes her hands out, a pair of shadowy spikes lunging for his kneecaps
>evens for both
>left knee Roll 1d1000 = 990
>right knee Roll 1d1000 = 319

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857376

>>857372
-?
>the shark would feel his hand clench tightly, at first wondering if he really did use too much strength
>but when he realized what had happened, it was too late for him
-!
>the shark man let out a pained howl as the shadowy spike drove into his knee, forcing him to fall down onto his undamaged one
>one of his hands would reach at the damaged leg, the other simply swatting aside the second spike
>he would growl fiercely, lifting his head to glare at the demon with his black eyes
You darn BITCH!
>then throw an open hand forward to powerfully slap the demon away from him
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 32

Raven!pinkie78Os 857382

File: 1416463663780.jpg (23.57 KB, 297x340, Hold On, I'm Charging Up A Fac…)

>>857376
>Raven ducks down again to avoid the slap, running past the shark man and heading to his back
>she then summons up another shadowy spike, this time throwing it at his right ankle, hoping to finally ground him
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 259

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857386

>>857382
>the shark man lets out another growl, slamming a hand on the ground to push himself aside, the spike missing his one good leg
>Roll 1d100 = 67

>evens, he's tries to swing an arm back to swat the demon, but his lack of a waist prevents him from rotating enough to reach her


---

>odds, the shark pushes through his pain, using the injured knee to throw himself back, and swing his muscular arm to swat aside the demon

>odds Roll 1d1000 = 385

Raven!pinkie78Os 857394

File: 1416464552908.png (383.16 KB, 640x480, Nobody told me there would be …)

>>857386

>THWAP!


>and once again, Raven gets smacked aside by the burly fishman, flying across the area and crashing into more debris further away

>she gives a weak groan, but having little physical endurance means she really can't last against Sawjaw, and thus can't bring herself to move at the moment

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857402

>>857394
>the shark man would wheeze and huff in pain, still clutching his injured leg
Ye bitch... Ye BITCH! When Ah get to mah feet, Ah will tear ye limbs! ALL YER LIMBS!
>he'd punch a fist into the ground, slowly managing to lift his heavy upper body on only one leg
Yes... Yes! Ah-heh-heh-heh! That's what Ah'll do! And Ah'll start with those pretty legs, my cherry-
>fwoom!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!
>the shark would let an agonized yell as his entire body was set on fire
NO! NO! WHY!? B-BOOOSSS!! AAAHHGH!
>the shark would fall onto the ground, the smell of burnt fish beginning to spread over the area


>in the roller coaster car, the armored man had his finger held out, pointing at the shark man

>he simply let out a scoff, lowering his arm, and speaking in a very bored tone
You took too long... And let yourself get injured... This is what you do to injured animals, Jawsaw.
>slowly, the helmet would turn towards the diver
Finish her, Depthburn... And make it painful.

>the man in the yellow suit would slowly turn his head, the cumbersome diving suit making his movement very sluggish

>thud!
>the heavy steel boot would fall down
>thud!
>another step, the diver slowly making his way towards the downed demon

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857406

File: 1416468630298.png (362.51 KB, 837x910, tumblr_ne2j42HJ2B1sj9iqso1_128…)

>>857330
>Alice sighs, before looking up at Hueco with a small glare.

That's impossible...

>Smirking sarcastically, she lets out a scoff, looking at the wall in front of her bed.


... I'm not going to try doing something that can't be done. But...

>Once again, she looks up at Hueco, sporting that same, weak smile.


I might as well try doing something that is possible, even if barely.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857408

File: 1416468876605.jpg (248.11 KB, 850x1191, Belly shirts are best shirts.j…)

>>857406
That's the spirit~

>he smiled, showing a bit of optimism


What is impossible in this crazy world of ours? We have people with magic blood, chainsaws that can make portals, and cat people who are actually demons.

>he was glad to see her smile at least


...Whatever it is you're trying, I'll try to help you.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857410

File: 1416469409737.png (90.62 KB, 500x600, tumblr_mtakrvaCsu1ql5n7wo1_500…)

>>857408
I've... done so much on my own so far. I didn't even think there was anyone who'd care to help me...

>Looking away, she once again squeezes the area where her left arm was missing.


... Why? Why do you want to help me at all? From what I remember, I've only caused people trouble...

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857412

File: 1416469820027.jpg (76.53 KB, 600x800, clip (2013-06-29 at 12.35.36).…)

>>857410
You know...

>he signed, falling back onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling. Was it because they use to be friends? Was it a mutual bond.


>it had to be deeper than that.


Because we're both people. Whether demon or human, we're both sentient beings, who live a life.

I can't stand seeing people sad... Even people who mistreat me, like Deadpony or Stein. They're both people, that's why I'd rather them be happy.

Even people with flaws like your own. You don't deserve your suffering.

>he sat back up, rubbing the back of his head


I'm talking out my ass again, aren't I? S-sorry about that...

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857415

File: 1416470721946.png (325.85 KB, 607x767, tumblr_mux28twBWD1rzci6jo1_128…)

>>857412
>Alice stays silent for a moment, thinking over what Hueco was saying... as well as pulled her feet a bit closer to herself, to make sure he didn't land on them as he suddenly made himself at home... much to Alice's discomfort.

... You're going to end up failing a lot, if you try making everyone happy. It's impossible to please everyone.

>She sighs, shaking her head. She realized she was sounding rather gloomy and negative, which gave her another idea.


... I think I came up with another thing I want.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857417

File: 1416470927799.jpg (23.36 KB, 375x750, tumblr_msrsflynba1sndjslo1_500…)

>>857415
...I know. I've realized this.

>he sighed, resting his head in his hands. It was annoying, he didn't like admitting it, but it was true. To make everyone happy was farfetched.


>he shrugged, he couldn't think of anything else.


Guess so...

>he looked over to Alice


Yeah?

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857418

File: 1416471348980.png (90.62 KB, 500x600, tumblr_mtakrvaCsu1ql5n7wo1_500…)

>>857417
I, uh... This is gonna sound cheesy, but...

>She sighs, and gets it over with. Frowning, she looks towards Hueco's legs, not wanting to pick her head up.


... I want... to be able to smile, and laugh again. I'm so sick of feeling all this... this anger. I hate it.

>Beginning to sniffle again, she wipes her eyes off before looking up at Hueco, her eyes still red from all the tears she's been shedding.


... You say you want to help me... Can you help me smile again?

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857419

File: 1416471787354.png (459.66 KB, 500x698, tumblr_mczdnku4O01r6ik7eo1_500…)

>>857418
>She was asking him? He was... Incredibly optimistic, especially recently.

Well... Hm... You could get some hooks and rubber bands, and you'll have a smile in no time~

>he grinned, pausing for a moment to see if she laughed... Which she most likely wouldn't.


...That was stupid, I'm sorry...

>he bowed his head, his ears dropped down, ashamed


Th-then.. I'll make you happy! When you get out, me and you, we're going to the park!

>he slapped his fist down on his hand


The movie theater! There is a new buddy cop movie out that I want to see!

>Good Cop/Fat Cop 56 it was called, despite the fact that there were only 2 other films of it.


A-and.. And we'll.. Go out for ice cream! And.. Other things!

>he might've been depressed frequently and had talked about the hopelessness of being a demon just a few moments ago... But he truly could turn into a walking ball of optimism.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857420

File: 1416472618690.png (331.12 KB, 635x900, a8227d85088cafc1c617ccda3c4e01…)

>>857419
>As expected, she didn't laugh at his little joke, only giving him an unamused stare instead.

>However, at his offers to do all those things once she was discharged from the hospital, her eyes widened slightly in surprise.


>Letting out a sigh, she manages to smile slightly, nodding.


... Those all sound... fun. I'd like to do that stuff with you, Hueco...

>Looking up at him, her smile widens slightly.


It'll be like a date.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857421

File: 1416472759032.jpg (15.48 KB, 185x177, ss (2013-06-09 at 06.54.26).jp…)

>>857420
It's a date!

>he paused


...Wait huh?

>date? As in lovers, holding hands, and kissing? His tan skin blushed a dark red color.


Like date date or friend date?

Moment killing moon 857422

File: 1416472943847.jpg (13.11 KB, 320x180, image.jpg)

>>857420
>>857421
Hey! You two should kiss!

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857423

File: 1416473039039.jpg (72.76 KB, 321x600, tumblr_mrh6gcMrZZ1s2x0n7o1_400…)

>>857421
>Simply giving him a smirk, she simply rests her head against the pillow behind her, closing her eyes.

... The nurses say I'll be able to leave the day after tomorrow. We could go then, if you want.

>She clearly ignored his question.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857424

File: 1416473236126.jpg (47.55 KB, 600x600, Ryone.Yami.full.1534591.jpg)

>>857422
I'll admit, I laughed

>>857423
R-right!

>he chuckled, looking at the clock... Visiting hours would be over not before long.


Um... Anyways, I have to go to work in a hour or so and visiting hours are nearly done. Anything left to say?

>he stood up, ,brushing himself off.

проповедник!Cyka87Bfxk 857425

File: 1416473798063.png (97.66 KB, 384x512, ca55ece9c1b9620f01223e49c0cf4d…)

>>857424
>Alice simply shakes her head, staying silent in her bed.

>While she did have more to say, she didn't feel like speaking anymore. Maybe another day, she'd tell him everything she wanted, but for now... she just wanted to sleep.

Hueco Mundo!MEOWKdWFcQ 857426

File: 1416473910226.jpg (11.51 KB, 173x231, ss (2013-06-09 at 06.53.58).jp…)

>>857425
Right

>he headed to the door


Enjoy the chocolates.

>with that, the cat had left, beleiving wholeheartedly that he turned things around for Alice.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857581

File: 1416527533666.png (465.06 KB, 640x480, Monochrome powers!.png)

>>857402
>Raven would remain immobile for a good stretch of time, the last slap from Sawjaw knocking her senseless for a bit
>she'd give another tired groan and sit up, hearing some sort of noise from further away, but unable to discern what it was
>it was only when she heard Sawjaw let out a scream that her eyes widened and her vision started to come back, just in time to see the shark man ablaze due to their leader
>she stared in horror, realizing that the man just set his own ally on fire for completely arbitrary reasons, only highlighting his own megalomania
>she heard the slow clunking noises and saw that the other villain, whose name she didn't catch, was slowly making his way to her
>if she wanted to live through this, she had to act quickly
>her teeth gritting and a weary grunt leaving her throat, she lifted her hands and started sending up bits of debris at Depthburn, tossing them wildly in his direction
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 525
>how many Roll 1d10 = 1

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857603

>>857581
>woosh!

>woosh!


>woosh!


>unfortunately, the blow to the sorceress was clearly still affecting her, most of the debris right right beside the diver


>clunk!


>only one would strike against the large suit, but it wouldn't stop the yellow figure at all as it lurched against the demon

>>a gloved hand would slowly rise, stretched out to grab hold of the sorceress by her shoulder
>both odds Roll 1d1000 = 170 and Roll 1d1000 = 527

>if success, the diver would grip down hard, as his suit was incredibly hot, as if touching a boiler

>roll to escape

Raven!pinkie78Os 857621

File: 1416529803666.jpg (23.57 KB, 297x340, Hold On, I'm Charging Up A Fac…)

>>857603
>Raven tensed up when nothing she threw at the hulking diver slowed it down, what little had actually hit him to begin with
>thankfully, because he was so slow he was easy to escape from, the sorceress pushing herself up to leap to the side
>landing on the ground again, she grunts and tries to stand up properly, still dizzy from the attack by Sawjaw, and throws more hunks of debris to slow him down further
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 574
>how many Roll 1d10 = 8

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857629

>>857621
>clunk!

>clash!


>debris!


>pieces of wood and metal would all collide against the diver's large body this time, big and small, enough to cause the big to take a heavy step back

>his body would lean back from the blows, and for a few seconds, his back would remain arched, the diver unmoving from his spot
...

.....

...
>before he suddenly straighten himself up again, making no sound or showing any pain
>a heavy foot would step forward, followed by another, and another as the diver walked towards the demon in a speedier pace
>his hand would reach out again to grab her arm, the heat emanating from the suit almost unbearable to stay close to
>both odds Roll 1d1000 = 378 and Roll 1d1000 = 98

857639

File: 1416530770935.png (688.19 KB, 1524x1614, 26359980.png)

>>857312
>>857331
>>857274

...The other us must be really really good friends of yours then Ros.

>she smiles faintly as she thinks on that

>She frowns a bit as she thinks on it

>she doesn't really respond as Miki put the "Food" down in front of them, she lets out a slight chuckle as Miki says "A Miki Long production."


>her face suddenly turns serious though, as she looks up


....so much for thinking Saya and I could relax and be off duty for a bit

>She gives a bit of a serious expression


Because I refuse to sit idly by while our counterparts are displaced, Miki, Saya, you can relax if you two want, but...

>she balls her hand into a fist and grits her teeth slightly, before looking up at the two other women in the room


...you know I can't relax while there's a chance, even the slightest, that things won't go back to normal, right?

Raven!pinkie78Os 857641

File: 1416531256206.png (527.3 KB, 640x480, Eddie is my wingman.png)

>>857629
>Raven jolted again as Depthburn resumed his steady pace towards her, summoning up more of her energy to disappear before he could touch her
>she reappeared further away, around where Sawjaw snatched up her cloak, grabbing it and wrapping it back around herself
>she grimaced when she realized she landed near Sawjaw's body, holding her nose and backing away a bit
>she'd then turn her attention back to Depthburn, slowly raising her hands up as her shadowy energy spread out from around her, creeping along the ground
>once it got close enough, the energy then pulled up a wave of dirt and sand from the ground, sending it rolling towards Depthburn
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 427

857642

File: 1416531575106.jpg (209.34 KB, 600x600, 7599826_m.jpg)

>>857312
.....
>Saya just stared at the armor Ros was wearing as he entered the room.
>>857331
...
>Saya shivered where she sat.
Please don't mention that fish... It gave me nightmares.
>>857639
Yeah, I want to find out what's going on here too.
>Setting the plate down, she stood up.
Maybe Miki can cook after we find out.

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857643

>>857641
>as the demon vanished, the diver wouldn't stop for a second
>he quickly turned, doing so just as the demon reappeared near the fallen shark
>she would notice that the diver's steps and movements were getting faster and faster the more he kept moving, making his way to her at a much faster pace than before
>the wall of sand and dirt did nothing to stop the burning man, who simply charged through the materials on his way to his prey
>but his tactics wouldn't change, reaching a hand forward to grab a hold of her arm and inflict horrible burns
>both odds Roll 1d1000 = 112 and Roll 1d1000 = 325
>if hit, roll to escape

Raven!pinkie78Os 857644

File: 1416532364159.jpg (30.19 KB, 550x413, It's Clobberin' Time!.jpg)

>>857643

-!

>Raven would phase through the ground again as the diver approached, narrowly avoiding getting burnt to a crisp once again

>she'd reappear further away, noticing that he was moving faster with each passing moment, and chose to fly up higher into the air so he just couldn't reach her
>she'd summon up the wave of dirt and sand again, this time levitating it all up above the diver and just dropping it all onto him, hoping to bury him at least until help arrived
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 499

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857645

>>857644
>thudthudthudthudthudthud!
>the diver's steps would only grow faster, like an out of control train, his movement growing lighter and more agile
>when the demon vanished he would simply make a wide turn, already facing her as she reappeared
>as the wave of dirt rose up, and with the sorceress so far in the air, it would seem like the perfect position to be in

>except that the diver would bend his knees

>and using all of his stored momentum, would suddenly leap into the air, the heavy suit of armor suddenly not so heavy as it placed all of its strength behind the jump
>Roll 1d1000 = 939

>evens, the diver's gloved hand would only swat at the demon's leg, but still be hot enough to leave a mark; min damage

>odds, the gloved hand would wrap its fingers around her ankle, dragging the demon back down to the ground as the diver landed heavily, the searing heat coming from his glove eating away at the demon's boot; max damage, and roll to escape

Raven!pinkie78Os 857646

>>857645
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 878

Raven!pinkie78Os 857648

File: 1416533259729.png (383.16 KB, 640x480, Nobody told me there would be …)

>>857645
>>857646
>Raven certainly wasn't prepared for the diver to become so agile that he'd do that
>but just like that, he had leapt past the wave of dirt and right at her, grabbing onto her ankle and slamming her to the ground

>THUD!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

>the crash was painful enough, but now that the diver was grabbing her, she could feel the insane level of heat coming off of him, her skin instantly burning on his touch

>she'd swing her hands down and force her powers around his hand, trying to pry it off of her, but even as she did the heat continued to sear her skin around her ankle, her boot actually starting to catch fire

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857649

>>857648
>>857645
>almost as if summoned by the demon's cry, something began to make its descent in the distance
>it was only a small dot at first, but it quickly grew larger, and closer
>crackling flames would shoot across the sky as a brilliant yellow fireball, descending upon the diver
>but as it grew closer, a figure could actually be seen inside the fireball, a foot sticking out to dive kick the diver right in the head, and away from the woman he held in his hand
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 971

Depthburn!7iNNPsLMuM 857651

>>857648
>>857649
>the diver would show no emotion inside the glowing helmet, his hand still trying to clamp down on the demon's foot, forcing through her magic
>but something in the distance would seem to get its attention, the heavy helmet turning just slightly in the direction of the fireball heading his way
>using whatever momentum that had remained after his earlier leap, the diver would quickly take several steps back, releasing the demon and getting away from the diving kick's path, as the new arrival landed down on the pier


>meanwhile, the star-helmeted man would straighten up in the car with some intrigue at the new arrival, but otherwise make no move to aid his henchman

Ros!pR.BaFF/uk 857652

File: 1416534407286.png (251.95 KB, 750x750, tumblr_mni94u5AJQ1ri04g9o3_128…)

>>857331
Huh? Why wouldn't I take whatever advantage I can get? Too much magic can ruin your nerves, you know.

>That and it helped him carry his own choice of weapon which, compared to the rather sleek design of Miss Vislocke's sword, was several sizes larger than anything that could be deemed 'necessary'.

>And what in the hell was this 'grilled cheese'? If this was a Miki Long production, he didn't want to know how whatever else she produced came out.

What I wouldn't give for Yang's ability to summon pizza out of no-where right now...

>Reluctantly, he walked into the kitchen, taking the monstrosity of a meal with him as he prepared to clean up. Seemed he'd need to work with a lot of water and earth magic to get rid of all of this.


>>857639
>>857642
Good friends? You could say that...

>He had a bit of weird history with two out of three of them, but that didn't mean he didn't consider them friends - they definitely were. With all this switching going on, it all still felt pretty surreal, and given their capability to handle themselves he wasn't exceptionally worried about them. Did they really need to rush this as much as she was saying?


>Calling out from the kitchen whilst cleaning it, having heard what was being said, he brought his own thoughts to the strange group.


And if things won't go back to normal, what exactly do you expect to be able to do? I don't know how it is where you come from, but Rifts aren't exactly easily predictable or controllable. The fact that the three of you popped up in the same world, at the same time as three of the people here swapped out, is already a miracle by ordinary standards, and miracles are things that do not happen.

>Ros seemed fairly adamant about that last point, as though something were still biting at him from a ways back.


So clearly there's some kind of 'thing' going on here, and if there's a 'thing', then chances are there's a way to reverse it. I'm not really seeing any adverse effects aside from switching, what's the rush?

Raven!pinkie78Os 857653

File: 1416534658573.png (325.29 KB, 502x431, Waking up in the middle of the…)

>>857649
>>857651
>Raven continues to howl in agony as Depthburn closes his hand around her ankle, which only increases as she feels more heat coming down from above her
>she'd then feel the hand let go of her ankle, but naturally it was still burning badly, the sorceress instinctively backing away along the ground afterwards
>she yanks her boot off and tosses it away, letting it burn a few feet away, all while gasping and heaving as she stared at her ankle, the skin where Depthburn grabbed her actually smoking around the severe burn

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857654

>>857653
>the yellow flames would touch the ground just as figure inside of them did
>they whipped and twisted in the air like tendrils, actually moving on their own to avoid accidentally striking the very person he had come to rescue
>the yellow flames would then gather above the figure, vanishing with a small burst
-!
>the figure would look at the diver, but then quickly turn to the figure in blue as she tossed away her boot
Raven!
>a sudden burst of flames would erupt from beneath the man's feet, quickly projecting him into a jump to reach the demon quickly, kneeling down next to her
Hold still, I can help.
>he held a gloved hand close to the smoking wound, a warm heat emanating from his palm
>yet, the heat that came from the wound would actually begin to seep away from the demon's leg, still leaving behind a painful scar, but the man having soaked up the burning sensation

>with a good look at her reinforcement, a first impression would likely be the cheaply made costume

>his full-body suit would seem like something found at any costume shop, being a simple red with orange flame patterns over the arms, and down the legs
>his black shoes could have equally been purchased anywhere, along with his biker gloves, which were worn over the red suit
>his helmet was also clearly just an ordinary red biker helmet, the black visor hiding its user's face, but a portion of the back of the helmet had been removed, allowing for the man's long and flowing red hair to swish with every movement
>his voice was also clearly being made to sound differently, sounding just a little forced, but still genuine enough to feel the honesty in it, and the man was no taller than Raven was
Is that better?

Raven!pinkie78Os 857660

File: 1416536653797.png (215.7 KB, 395x424, I am disgusted, yet intrigued …)

>>857654
>Raven winces as she feels the burning pain leaving her ankle, which would turn into a relieved sigh
>she would still breathe heavily as she tried to recover from the pain, turning her gaze back up at the one who decided to rescue her

...?

>she would then narrow her eyes as she tried to figure out just who the person was

>the outfit looked very haphazardly-made, and the voice didn't immediately register for her, but the fact that he knew her name sort of stuck out for her

Who...?

Hypernova!7iNNPsLMuM 857661

>>857660
>the man in red would let out a relieved breath as he had seemed to take away some of pain from her
>the helmet would look up at the demon, muffling the wearer's voice and making him have to speak a little louder, while still disguising his voice
Name's Hypernova. Superman called us to come help you out.
>there was a pause, the red man clearly being alone
I... ran ahead of my team, but they'll be here at any minute!
>he looked back at the diver, who was only standing in wait, then noticed the star-helmeted man in the roller coaster
[i]Superman said there were three of them... Oh well, I can hold just one guy off while we wait, no problem!
>he stood up to his feet, striking the palm of his hand with his fist confidently

Depthburn!7iNNPsLMuM 857662

>>857661
...

...

>thud!


>the heavy suit took a step forward


>thud!


>followed by another, the diver back to his slow and cumbersome movement, very slowly gaining speed as he headed towards the two heroes

Miki Yang Xiao Long!aLEJudith. 857663

File: 1416537751352.jpg (153.64 KB, 1279x718, sad.jpg)

>>857652
Oh... well that's a smart thing to do. I guess..

>"Boooooo, you're just not as cool as Ariel!"

>Was what she was thinking, but then again in her mind Ariel was the coolest woman ever in the world so it was hard to compare to her.

>>857642
>Once again she puffs out her cheeks.

Saaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... eat it.

>She gives her puppy dog eyes as best she could.


It's not as bad as it looks I promise!

>>857639
>>857642
>Ariel's and Ros' words quickly whittle away at the euphoria Miki had been riding on ever since she realized she was in a different world. For that time this place was like a vacation destination where she could finally get some R& R, but the creeping notion that she might not get back mean she was leaving family behind in another world.

>Again.


>Not only that, her "Vacation" came at the cost of throwing someone else in to the thick of the chaos. And if she was anything like here, then her baby sister was here too...

>Her smile and enthusiasm gone, Miki felt really selfish to have treated the situation as she had up until now.

Yeah I guess that's true.

I... guess we should find a way to get back quickly... get everything back to normal.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857664

File: 1416538345666.jpg (14.94 KB, 550x413, I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No…)

>>857661
>Raven would stare at the self-proclaimed Hypernova as he turned around, still finding him inexplicably odd
>if he was an official member of the Justice Avengers, he must be very new, if his costume was anything to go by
>>857662
>not that she had much time to dwell on it, Depthburn starting to gain momentum again
>gritting her teeth and trying to focus, she would swing her hand up, a chunk of earth flying up right in his path
>roll to avoid

Hypernova!7iNNPsLMuM 857665

>>857662
>the man in red would grin behind his helmet, holding his arms apart
So, you think you can handle the heat?
>his hands clenched into tight fists, the brilliant yellow flames coating them
Let's see long you can stay in the kitchen!
>a burst of fire would erupt beneath his feet, again launching him into a fast leap towards the diver
>>857664
>only for a chunk of the concrete to rise up just in front of him
>however, thinking fast, if not entirely by instinct, the recruit would slam his feet against the chunk, bending his knees
>he pushed on the chunk of dirt, flames bursting from his feet to further boost the power of his push, and send the chunk with even greater strength and speed against the diver

Depthburn!7iNNPsLMuM 857666

>>857664
>>857665
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 244

Depthburn!7iNNPsLMuM 857668

>>857666
>>857665
>>857664
>thud!
>thud!
>thud-!
>CRASH!

>the large chunk of concrete would collide right against the diver's frame, the strength of it dragging the figure back

>the heavy steel boots would drag along the floor, the diver being taken all the way across the area and into the small arcade, crashing right into several of the machines inside, buried by the debris

Raven!pinkie78Os 857669

File: 1416539632147.png (167.09 KB, 305x354, Not quite the reaction I had i…)

>>857665
>>857666
>>857668
>Raven would watch in surprise as Hypernova leapt up and kicked her chunk of earth at Depthburn, briefly wondering if it'd even do any good against the seemingly invincible diver
>but then it proves to be very effective, Depthburn flying away from where he was and crashing into the remains of an arcade much further away
>as a result, she sits there for a few long seconds, an astonished expression on her face

.....

That...worked a lot better than I thought it would.

Hypernova!7iNNPsLMuM 857670

>>857668
>the man in red would spin as he kicked off the chunk of dirt, landing perfectly on his feet
>he quickly held out his arm, pointing a finger at the buried diver
Now don't go swimming until after half an hour, do you hear me?

>>857669
>he turned his head back at the demon, quickly moving his hand to give her a thumbs up
Are you kidding? That was brilliant! These guys don't stand a chance against us!

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857671

>>857669
>>857670
>clap... clap... clap...
>the man in the roller coaster cart would chuckle lowly, clapping his hands together for the two heroes
That was very well executed... Quite impressive, even.
>he moved his feet off the front of the car, letting his boots fall on the floor as he stood up to his full height
>the star-helmeted man was not much taller than the heroes ahead of him, although the black cape he wore was nearly twice his size, dragging on the floor behind him as he started to walk forward
Lasting against Jawsaw, surviving Depthburn... Just you two have done the work that the group of four before you could not.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857695

File: 1416542787669.jpg (18.55 KB, 289x413, No, I Haven't Been Watching Dr…)

>>857670
>Raven looked up at Hypernova and let out a light sigh, his exuberance starting to wear off on her, but not improving her mood that much given the beating she had been taking before he arrived
>she lifted a hand and gave an unenthusiastic thumbs up back at him, but said nothing else
>>857671
>she'd look back down at the approaching villain, a glare coming across her face as he spoke
>though his intimidation was offset a bit by the fact that his cape was dragging along the ground; it actually made him look shorter than he really was by comparison
>too worn out by the fighting to come up with a clever quip, she instead levitated off of the ground, her injured ankle hanging beneath her as she did, and started gathering more of her energy in her hands for whenever he chose to attack

Hypernova!7iNNPsLMuM 857703

>>857695
>>857671
>the recruit turned his head at the clapping, the helmet hiding his raised eyebrow
>as the armored man spoke, the only thing that was going through the redhead's mind was how oddly dressed the man was, especially the ridiculously long cape
>as soon as the star-helmet man was done talking, the recruit would place a hand on his hip, the other pointing straight at the villain, speaking loudly enough to be clearly heard through his helmet
That's right! Your henchman was no match for our combined forces!
>he would jerk a thumb back at the demon
And one of us is even injured!
>then quickly point forward at the armored figure again
[i]So you should think twice, then a third time just to be certain, before you think about standing up to us, Mister...Starfish...Man...[/b]
>he would slouch forward slightly, still keeping his finger pointed
Who are you, exactly?

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857717

>>857695
>>857703
>the star-helmeted man would only chuckle lightly, clearly not at all impressed by Hypernova's threats
My name is that which I am.
>he held out his arms wide, his voice suddenly rising in volume
I am the Beginning and the End, Creator and Destroyer. I am Alpha and Omega, Lord and Master of all that I see-
>then move his hand forward, pointing towards the two heroes
And the One True King who you will all kneel before!
>his arm would drop, before he lifted the other to motion around the wrecked amusement park
This was all to make a statement. A statement my dominance over those who call themselves the "protectors of Man", the Justice Avengers!
But they all fell so easily... I could see they were all inexperienced, worth for nothing more than cannon fodder for my men. But... You...

>his hand would move again to point at the demon
You are different. I see it in your eyes, in your movement... You have been a warrior for quite some time...
>he paused, the helmet moving down to look at the man in red, and then scoff, looking back up at the demon
Ending the weaklings such as him won't give me what I desire... But by making you into an example, I'll be sending my warning to even the higher echelons of your Avengers.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857724

File: 1416545123805.jpg (12.14 KB, 158x288, Don't Mind Me, Just Waiting Fo…)

>>857703
>>857717

.....

>Raven was left very uncertain of how to respond to this situation

>on the one hand, this man, whoever he was, had just murdered his own henchman, and injured a team of superheroes, with one of them being in an especially bad way
>on the other hand, his attire and his very paint-by-numbers speech did a lot to diminish his intimidation factor once he had stepped forward
>the fact that he seemed to carry an interest in her specifically only really annoyed her, mainly due to it sounding a lot like what Craddock's motivations were
>she would show said annoyance when she spoke, glaring at the man with a displeased stare and carrying an edge in her voice

Oh yes, you're definitely a top-tier warrior, sitting on your "throne" while your henchmen do all your dirty work.

>she points down at her scarred ankle, still hanging in the air while she floated behind Hypernova


I'm sure the others were very easy pickings as well when you had your roughnecks take care of them first.

Hypernova!7iNNPsLMuM 857726

>>857717
>the red man jolted, a small puff of smoke rising from his head
Weakling!?

>>857724
>but after the demon spoke, he scoffed lightly, his posture loosening as he placed both hand on his hip
I don't think this guy can count either.
>he turned back to the star-helmeted man
I might be a "weakling", as you put it, but we still outnumber you, and my team should be showing up any second now!
>he thrust out another finger, aimed directly at the armored man
So you talk all you want, but by the end of the day you're going to have five Avengers breathing down on you, who won't be very happy about what you did to their friends!
>he moved his hand back, crossing his arms over his chest
So, what's it going to be?

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857727

>>857726
>>857724
>the armored man would give no response so either of them for a few minutes, simply standing where he was
>his movements would be remarkably fast given the armor all over his body, as he lowered his stance by bending his knees, while throwing his right hand back
>water would leak out of his gauntlet, shifting and swaying as if with a mind of its own
>as he swung his hand forward, the water would stretch and grow into a very long tendril-like whip, swatting right at the man in red's head
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 793

>if hit, he would then take one step forward, and thrust out his palm at the demon, fire leaving from his hand in a fireball, heading straight for her

>odds Roll 1d1000 = 526

Raven!pinkie78Os 857734

File: 1416546884899.png (139.03 KB, 640x479, Mightve went a bit too far_.pn…)

>>857726
>>857727

-!

>the whip of water hitting Hypernova was the first sign that Raven had underestimated this mysterious figure just a bit

>the fireball heading for her face was the second sign of the same
>not wanting to deal with more burns today, she summoned up a round shield of her energy to block the blast, letting the fire disperse around her
>she then sent the shield flying at the armoured man, hoping to knock him off-balance, figuring all that armour (and especially the helmet) would make that easy
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 599

Hypernova!7iNNPsLMuM 857738

>>857727
>whip-crack!
Ghrk-!
>the water tendril would strike the recruit right in the face, although thankfully it was protected by his helmet
>he fell on his back, the whiplash from the strike still dizzying him for a moment
>as he opened his eyes, he quickly lifted his knees up to his chest, then kicked out with both feet, launching a large fireball from the soles of his shoes at the armored figure
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 791

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857742

>>857734
>>857738
>the man would take one other step forward, swinging his left hand aside to simply swat away the fireball sent towards him
>then, sliding his right foot forward, he gained balance as he swung his right hand forward, closing it into a fist to smash right through the dark energy shield as it came towards him
>immediately afterwards, he swung his right hand again, the water tendril lashing out to grab the demon by her ankle
>Roll 1d1000 = 370

>evens, the armored man would yank down, driving the sorceress into the floor; min damage


>odds, he would yank up, throwing her into the air to gain more speed, before he swung her back down against Hypernova; roll to grab, if fail max damage

Raven!pinkie78Os 857743

File: 1416547967008.png (263.02 KB, 437x454, 'Wear a cape' they said, 'it l…)

>>857738
>>857742
>she was really getting tired of getting smacked into the ground today

>THUD!


>not even having time to scream out, despite the water tendril grabbing her wounded ankle, she makes contact with the earth once again as she's thrown back down

>this time, however, her head takes the brunt of the blow, and having already worn herself out so much, she soon falls into unconsciousness

???!7iNNPsLMuM 857744

>>857743
Raven-!
>the man in red would cry out, suddenly jumping onto his feet
>with an angry cry, his footsteps would begin to echo as he charge against the armored man
>there were bursts of flames, the sounds of battle singing out, until they were quickly silenced by the darkness in the demon's head
...

...

...

...

...

...

...-ven?

...

...-ven?

...-you hear me?
>a voice, perhaps a familiar one despite having only been heard once before, discussing important matters with her superior, Superman
Raven?

Is she alright?
>the demon would feel her body to be slightly numb, although any pain in her leg or head would now seem to be long gone
>the first voice would gruffly grunt
Superman's going to tear my head off if she doesn't wake up... But not before I take yours off!

Me!? What did I do!? I tried to protect her!

If had just stayed your damn team instead of running off like some cowboy-

We were told to help as soon as possible! It's not my fault you guys are so slow! That guy had her in his hands, who knows in what shape she would have been if I didn't show up when I did!

Raven!pinkie78Os 857745

File: 1416549214602.png (125.94 KB, 257x328, I dont even drink, how the hel…)

>>857744
>Raven wouldn't respond right away, only hearing a voice far off that she couldn't quite place
>she'd give a tired moan after a second, her eyes starting to open slowly, but her vision still blurry and out of focus
>she still couldn't quite place the voices above her, only realizing that they were arguing, as she reached up and rubbed at her eyes before moaning again

Five more minutes, please...?

>it had not been a good first day back, a nap sounded wonderful right then

Glorion!7iNNPsLMuM 857746

>>857745
Thank you, Jesus...
>even with the demon's blurry vision, the owner of the first voice wouldn't be hard to miss
>the glowing energy being known as Glorion was kneeling down next to her, feeling very relieved to hear her speak

>there would also be a red shape, the recruit Hypernova that had dropped by to lend her a hand

>it was clear he hadn't left the fight much better than the demon, his costume torn and charred, and the helmet over his head badly dented and cracked

>there was a third figure, but his identity would be unknown, looking like a slightly overweight older gentleman wearing grey robes, and a kind smile on his face


>the glowing hero would let out another relieved sigh, leaning over the demon again

It's OK, Raven. Everyone's safe, and you should be healed by now.

>the older man's gruff voice would speak up

You may feel a little numbness from my potions, but rest assured, it will wear off.
>he would then add a little amused
Just stay away from any oranges for a few hours, so you don't vomit everything out.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857749

File: 1416551228042.png (167.09 KB, 305x354, Not quite the reaction I had i…)

>>857746
>Raven would sit up shortly afterward, blinking a couple more times to try and get her vision working properly again
>she'd first turn her attention to the old man, blinking again as she tried to place his face to anyone she recognized, but coming up with nothing, just gave a small nod

I'll...keep that in mind...

>she'd turn her attention to Glorion, and while she didn't know him by name, she certainly recognized the glowing being's face

>tensing up just a bit, she'd look around briefly before looking at him again

W-What about Strong Arm Man and his team?

Are they alright...?

Glorion!7iNNPsLMuM 857753

>>857749
>the glowing man would quickly nod his head, noticing how tense the demon had gotten
Easy! They're all fine. We found them all, and they're being taken to the medical bay as we speak.
>he leaned back slightly to give the demon more space, not wanting to stay looming over her
Even though it might not feel like it, you actually got off easy compared to them.

That guy nearly killed us. Anything that can be described as "nearly killed us" is never easy.

You, shut up! You don't get to complain after you ditched your team!
>he grunted loudly again, clearly getting tired of the recruit mouthing off
>he turned to the demon, holding out his glowing hand to help her up
You did good, Raven. We're glad to see you're alright.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857762

File: 1416553235645.png (198.29 KB, 328x391, Oh_ cant say I expected anothe…)

>>857753
>Raven would briefly hestiate to take the glowing hand at first, wondering just what exactly it was that was powering him
>but it was only for a second, as she took his hand and let herself get pulled up, though she wobbled a bit as she stood
>once on her feet, she looked over at Hypernova, noticing the damage he had sustained since she fell unconscious

.....

>she looked over to Glorion, speaking in a coaxing tone


I know he disobeyed procedure, sir, but don't be so hard on Hypernova.

>she looked down at her bare foot, wiggling it just to test how it was


If he didn't show up when he did, I'd probably be missing a foot instead of just badly burnt...

Glorion!7iNNPsLMuM 857772

>>857762
>the demon would find that the wound no longer hurt, although a visible scar still remained around her ankle
>the glowing hero turned his head to look at Hypernova, then back at the demon
...

...
>and back at Hypernova with yet another grunt, clearly not happy with him having the thanks of a fellow member for his blatant disregard of procedure
...
>he slowly lifted a finger, jabbing it right in Hypernova's chest
Just. This. Once. Next time, you follow my orders!

>the man in red would flinch slightly at the jab, and turned his head with a small scoff

Fine... Understood.

>should the sorceress look around, she would be able to find the fourth member of the team, a woman in a very bright green and yellow costume near the arcade place

>using her magic, she levitated the rubble off of the diver, then lifted him into the air to carefully take him into one of the armored police trucks
>a medical team also nearby would hold their noses as they inspected the charred remains of what was once a large shark man, getting ready to take him away as well
>there would be no sign of the star-helmeted man, however

It was him, wasn't it?
>the glowing man spoke up, not talking to either the demon or the fire man in specific, but almost to both at once
Alpha-Omega Man, that's what we're calling him... I knew that bastard would be trouble, but to just attack a team like this... I should've seen it coming...

857939

File: 1416618036413.jpg (150.31 KB, 500x710, 20622526.jpg)


>>857652
the rush is things are wrong as they are now, despite being displaced from their normal homes people made their own new homes in their respective Rigel Prima's, it's wrong to keep people away from their home when you know there has to be a way to fix it

>The woman said with a bit of a huff, folding her arms slightly


In my experience "Things" don't get reverse without someone finding out how to reverse it.

>She stated, in a slightly angry tone as she looked at Ros


>Her magic flowed from deep within her body and a piece of her hair shifted from its normal blonde to a bluish green hue


>>857642
>>857663

>But Saya and Miki's common sense causes her to relax a bit...


We at least have the night to relax though, I'm sure they'll understand if we all have some time to rest before getting back to work.

857941

File: 1416618230809.png (267.39 KB, 1000x750, 4575e226ae8fdd71a765b651723fec…)

>>857652
We kinda have people back home waiting for us.
So we can't really relax like this.
>>857939
Alright... I want to see what's in this version of town anyway..
>>857663
Fine, if you will stop using those eyes on me I will.
>Picking up the item, she looked it over before taking a small bite.
>Roll 1d1000 = 378
>Evens :"You still need cooking lessons..."
>Odds The mage then falls to the ground.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857946

File: 1416619590446.png (143.37 KB, 305x369, Please stop looking at me.png)

>>857772
>Raven carefully stood on her feet, not putting any pressure on her scarred leg, just wanting to be safe in case there was something still wrong with it that she hadn't considered yet
>she looked up at Glorion as he started to speak, an eyebrow slowly raising

...that's actually his name?

>she was careful enough not to say this aloud, however, instead staring at Glorion with a worried expression


Just who exactly is he?

He said something to me about wanting to "send a message" by defeating me...

Glorion!7iNNPsLMuM 857953

>>857946
>the glowing hero sighed, turning his head to properly speak to the demon
Alpha-Omega Man's been around for a while... Since he never actually gives himself a name, everyone just came up with their own, but there was no mistaking just who he was.
But for all these years, he's never been that big of a threat. His goals all revolved around rising up the water levels of the oceans, sinking cities, stuff like that.
>he crossed his arms, looking off into the water in the distance
I was just a kid when he tried to flood Silver City with radioactive water... I still don't know what he planned to do after that, unless he can actually survive the radiation, somehow...
>he then looked down at his hand, a sadder tone coming over his voice
But... I guess I'd be a hypocrite if I called that farfetched...
>he then turned back to the demon, pushing his own thoughts aside
Anyone who ever faced him just wrote him off as another crazy environmental bad guy. His plans were always crazy, and whenever he was stopped he just shook his fist, vowing "next time" would be his time. You know, the usual.
>he turned his head away again
But... Lately... Something's changed. He's growing more convinced he's some kind of living god, and as you can see... He's also getting bolder because of it.
>he turned again to fully face the demon
This whole attack was just a way for us to notice him. He's an egomaniac, he likely feeds on the attention we capes give him. He must have gotten sick of not being seen as a threat for so many years, so now he's taunting us until we do something about him.
>reaching back, the glowing man would rub the back of his head
As for you... Well... You're kind of a big shot in the JA's ranks, right? I mean, you're on Superman's team! Even guys like me, who were born here, know that guy is something special, so anyone on his team has to be special too.
>he moved his hand back down at his side
If Alpha-Omega took out a member from Superman's own team, I'd say that would get him on the JA's most wanted list really fast.

Raven!pinkie78Os 857980

File: 1416623718988.jpg (32.66 KB, 720x480, Not To Steal Someone Else's Li…)

>>857953
>Raven remained silent as Glorion went on his explanation about this "Alpha-Omega Man", keeping her own opinions about the egomaniac at bay
>while she couldn't deny that he looked ridiculous and sounded ridiculous, he had already killed someone and beat a whole team, not to mention injure her on top of that
>and from the sounds of things, this all was a result because he was underestimated so frequently, long before she had even shown up there
>but what put her off quite a bit was the notion that she was somehow a "big shot" in the Justice Avengers - her, a big shot?
>sure, she did her job well, so she felt, but what made her really stand out from all the rest?
>especially considering there were so many heroes among the team, from many different worlds, including this one?
>was it really just because she was on Superman's team?

.....

>come to think of it, why was she on Superman's team?

>of all the superheroes, Superman would certainly get first pick for who he'd want on his team, and she imagined he'd pick only the absolute best
>so why her?
>and was it really just being associated with him that made her a "big shot"?

.....

>Raven couldn't really bring herself to say much of anything after that, a troubled and contemplative look on her face

>this guy wanted to make a target of her just because of who her allies were, and just for his own ego
>this was not something she wanted to think about on her first day back

Glorion!7iNNPsLMuM 858001

>>857980
>it didn't take a mind reader to figure out what was going through the demon's mind
>as the silence stretched on, the glowing hero reached at his neck again to rub it awkwardly
Look, after today, I'll make sure to get the entire JA on the lookout for this guy. he won't be able to take a step on dry land without having at least to team crashing down on his dumb helmet.

You're damn right!
>the fiery man in red would speak up loudly
I want a another talk with that guy for what he did to-
>but he quickly grew quiet as he received a very stern glare by the glowing man
I... I mean... Our team will make sure he's stopped before he can cause any more harm to any member of the Avengers!
>his head turned slightly to the demon, speaking in a softer but still confident tone
And that includes you, Raven.

Raven!pinkie78Os 858005

File: 1416627189548.png (198.29 KB, 328x391, Oh_ cant say I expected anothe…)

>>858001
>Raven looked back up once both Glorion and Hypernova attempted to relieve her, turning her attention to the latter in particular
>she didn't show it on her face, but inwardly she was still slightly suspicious of the younger hero
>she couldn't really explain it, but something about him seemed very familiar, and she was sure they had met before
>his overall demeanour only further added to that feeling

.....

>opting to not really focus on it for now, she instead lets out a sigh


Thank you, both of you...

>still appearing very uneasy, she glances away for a moment, her eyes falling to the direction where the STAR Labs HQ was

>she then looks back to them both, starting to levitate in the air to get ready to fly

I think I'm just going to head back to base and rest up for a bit.

Again, thank you all for your help.

Glorion!7iNNPsLMuM 858007

>>858005
>the glowing man nodded his head
And thank you, as well. Have a good rest, you definitely deserve it.
>he then turned to his team
Come on, guys, we're not loitering here all day! Let's get going!
>he waved his arm to motion them to follow him as he began walking away from the scene
>the woman and old man would quickly follow him, the fiery figure in red staying behind for a few seconds as he still seemed to be watching the demon, before he too went after his captain

Raven!pinkie78Os 858011

File: 1416628184816.jpg (24.26 KB, 194x413, I Have Never Needed A Vacation…)

>>858007

.....

>Raven would stare back at Hypernova, now feeling just a bit uneasy by his unexpected interest in her

>but she tried to push it aside for now, turning her attention to the trip back to base
>she did fully intend to do as she said to rest and recouperate, but only for a short time, and then it was going back to the manor
>she really just needed to unwind and try to put this all aside for a while
>not to mention replace her boot
>as such, she would soon take off, wrapping herself in her cloak as she flew away to better shield against the chilly wind that was whipping up again

Raven!pinkie78Os 858194

File: 1416697401602.jpg (9.49 KB, 178x346, Maybe They'll Go Away If I Can…)

>in the end, her stay at STAR Labs was a very short one, only getting a brief examination before taking her leave
>she wasted no time and summoned another portal, falling through it and reappearing in her room at Wayne Manor
>she let out a sigh and flopped on her bed, letting her scarred foot hang loosely over the edge as she tried to relax and forget about the day
>getting seriously hurt on her first day back, finding out that a supervillain wanted to take her out just to make a name for himself, the fact that she was considered a big deal just because she allied with Superman...
>she let out a long sigh and closed her eyes, trying to just think about anything else

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858196

>>858194
>chk!
>the door would open not long after the half-demon had dropped down onto her bed
>as expected, the figure that walked inside was the familiar redheaded mage, stepping slowly inside with a slight wobble to his walk
>his one visible eye was drooped, the mage looking almost as tired as the sorceress
>noticeably, his white long coat was stained with dirt and ash, which had also fallen slightly on his face
>the unruly red mane was even more tangled and messy than usual, and he let out a loud yawn as he closed the dor behind him, lazily leaning back on the closed door
>but just one sight of the sorceress quickly placed a warm smile on his face
Do you believe in fate?
>a random question, but spokenwith sincerity and amusement

Raven!pinkie78Os 858219

File: 1416699526889.png (249.61 KB, 330x468, Thank you.png)

>>858196
>Raven opened one eye to look at the newly-arrived Rocks, a small smile creeping up on her face

Depends on my mood, mostly.

>she scoots over on the bed, then pats the space beside it so he can lay down

>she then nods at him, her other eye opening to stare at the dirt and ash on his face

You look like you've had a rough day.

What've you been up to?

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858227

>>858219
Good answer.
>the mage's smile only grew, and he leaned off the door
>he reached at the buttons of his jacket, undoing them to get rid of the long and dirty fabric, simply letting it fall on the floor to be picked up another time
>he rubbed off some of the dirt on his face, and very quickly jumped right onto the empty space in the bed next to the sorceress, always keeping a dumb smile on his face
I like to think I was discovering my inner-self and joining my consciousness with the Universe... But I was just hitting a bunch of boulders for training.
>he held up one of his hands, using the other to slide off his glove up to the knuckles, rveealing them to be very red and a little wounded
Don't be fooled by their lack of movement, boulders play dirty. The big ones explode on your face with one blow, while the smaller ones you can't even budge.
>sliding his glove back on, he rolled to his side to drape an arm over the half-demon in a lazy hug, weakly pulling her closer to him
You don't look all roses and bunnies like your usual self either. Rough first day?

Raven!pinkie78Os 858240

File: 1416701011942.jpg (20.38 KB, 241x413, Look, Can We Just Skip To The …)

>>858227
>Raven would let out a long sigh at Rocks's question, leaning on him after he hugged her

You can say that again...

>as much as she'd rather not dwell on it, she would launch into an explanation shortly afterward


An entire team got beaten by this group of villains, and I was the only one nearby to help them.

So I wound up taking on two villains by myself, and one of them left this nice scar on my ankle...

>she shifted around a bit to lift up her leg, letting her bare foot hang in the air for a few seconds for Rocks to look


If not for another hero, I'd probably have a stump here instead...

And then I got knocked out by their ringleader anyway, so there's that.

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858251

>>858240
>the mage frowned rather deeply, his hold on her tightening almost protectively as he stared at the scar on her ankle
...
>after a few seconds of silence, he finally speaks up, his hold on her loosening so he wouldn't look so on edge to her
I just don't understand why anyone would do something like that...
>there was another pause, the mage reaching with his other arm to gently brush her hair
I mean, attacking a city, heroes, just being a nuisance, that I get. But why would anyone ever want to hurt you? One look at you should be enough for anyone to surrender!
>he huffed, pouting slightly as his cheeks puffed out
They're either blind, or you just fight guys with no taste at all.
>he pulled the half-demon in again, moving her around so their foreheads would touch, and they could look at each other face to face, a worried expression returning to him
This guy that helped you doesn't sound like much, if he still let you get hurt like that...

Raven!pinkie78Os 858260

File: 1416703516792.jpg (12.41 KB, 191x188, I Do Not Have Attention Defici…)

>>858251
>Raven shifted around on the bed to let Rocks hug her properly, staring right into his eyes as he spoke
>she gave a rather weak smile to try and comfort him after his expressed concern, resting her head against his

Like I said, it could've been worse...

>she paused for a moment, making a sudden realization


.....

>she then moved her head away and stared at Rocks's face properly, an eyebrow raising in curiosity

>she reached up and rubbed at his cheek, where dirt and ash were before

Where did you say you were earlier?

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858261

>>858260
>he blinked at the question, looking a bit confused by the sudden change in subject
Just in the forest. Training by myself.
>he sighed, his shoulders shrugging
That's all I really do nowadays. Just train, train, train, even if I don't really think I'm getting any better.
>not that he would ever tell the sorceress about his meeting with the red demon, or any other close brushes with Death he's ever had
>a pause, the mage glancing own at his lower torso
...

At least I look good because of it, I guess?
>said with a small teasing smirk, the mage inching even closer to the sorceress
You think so, right?

Raven!pinkie78Os 858262

File: 1416705600521.jpg (24.62 KB, 393x413, You Know I Make This Look Good…)

>>858261
>Raven sighed and lightly poked his nose, just enough to hold him at bay

Of course I do, you goof~

>she then reached over and lightly tugged at his vibrant red hair, holding it out so she could look at it properly


It's just that the one who saved me was someone who had red hair, a lot like yours...

And their costume was...well, very amateurish. Makeshift. Like something someone would slap together in a panic as they were rushing out the door.

>she looked back up at Rocks's face, giving a sly smirk as she let go of his hair


You did talk about wanting to join the JA yourself, after all...

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858263

>>858262
>the mage blinked once
...
>then twice
...
>and only at the third time did he seem to get it
You thought I was this mysterious hero?
>he smirked again, now speaking very dramatically
Well, my, he must have been quite a gallant knight in shining armor for you to mistake him with myself, no? Maybe an outfit like that is to hide just how perfectly chiseled he is, and prevent the blindness of everyone around him!
>he placed his hand over his chest, sticking his nose up slightly
Venus knows, I suffer from that problem every day! Truly a horrible, horrible curse! One that can only be broken by an equally beautiful maiden!
>he let his head drop back down on the pillow, pouting his lips as he gave his best one-eyed puppy eyes at the half-demon
Will you help break the curse on this poor and handsome rogue, my lady?

Raven!pinkie78Os 858264

File: 1416707472635.png (59.63 KB, 117x262, hi.png)

>>858263
>Raven sighed and rolled her eyes at Rocks, her head flopping on the pillow beneath her

Oh yes, that sounds like just an awful malediction to contend with.

>she spoke in an equal parts dramatic and sarcastic voice, meant to mirror Rocks's own tone

>she then let a hand rest on his chest, staring back at him with a vaguely concerned look of her own

And how exactly would I break such a curse, good sir?

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858265

>>858264
>the mage held up a finger, speaking as if this was a matter of absolute importance and seriousness, taking the half-demon's hands with his
First, a kiss for great luck! For such a powerful curse will require all of the luck in the world to battle!
>he quickly leaned his head forward, planting a quick kiss over her lips
>but he just as quickly pulled back, still speaking in a very dramatic tone
Next, a kiss of pure passion, with enough power to overwhelm the strength of this wicked curse!
>he then reached his hand to the back of the half-demon's head, pulling her in for a much longer, and much deeper kiss
>slowly, he pulled back, now speaking in a softer tone
And finally... A kiss of true love. The ultimate ward to combat the evil forces of the curse, and drive them back into the pit from which they were summoned...
>he placed his hand under her chin, moving in for a third kiss, one much slower, softer, and longer than the previous two
>as he pulled back, he kept a very warm smile on his face, continuing to speak in a soft voice
And only then will the curse be lifted... And the dashing rogue will forever swear his life to protect, cherish, and adore the maiden that rescued him.
>he grew quiet, simply staring deeply into the half-demon's eyes
>and then break the silence with a small giggle, grinning a wide and expecting smirk
Now you do it!

!MEOWKdWFcQ 858269

File: 1416709525987.jpg (120.75 KB, 676x800, 43864286.jpg)

>It was so cold. Above the sidewalk and the streets of Town, the lofty Birdwatching Club President, spied down on the streets below. Wearing a sweater, 2 pairs of shirts underneath that, a pair of jeans underneath sweatpants, and a knitted cap that some girl back at Honnouji made him; why did she make it for him? "Something something cute something..."

>he tried his best to keep warm, he couldn't stand this icy cold weather. Not only that, but the birds he loved so much disappeared during that time, heading south.


>with his telescope and journal, he scoped out for any remaining birds or ones that came to Town for the holiday... If they went south, maybe they came here. They could've gone to Barbarossa, maybe Vesca. Great Plains was another possibility.


>"Nothing... Damn!"


>he scowled. If only he had his friends with him, they'd help. It's far too cold for him.


>crestfallen, he began to climb down the tree.


>Roll 1d1000 = 763

>evens, makes it down safely
>odds, falls, cracking through several branches on the way down.

Raven!pinkie78Os 858270

File: 1416709637694.png (249.61 KB, 330x468, Thank you.png)

>>858265
>Raven blinked once in surprise at the initial kiss, having almost no time to react to it
>she then gave a surprised muffle at the second kiss, her face turning bright red after it ended
>with the third kiss, she would close her eyes and lean into it, but within a short amount of time it was done, and she was left staring into Rocks's eye with a pleasantly floored look on her face

.....

>her face now a bright red, she let out a breath before speaking in a stunned tone


I-I think you broke the curse all on your own there...

Roll 1d1000 = 574
>odds only, a chunk of the foot of their bed would suddenly blast off, shadowy energy having pushed it out and letting it smack on the floor

Doctor Natalie La Croix!aLEJudith. 858272

File: 1416711544035.jpg (35.29 KB, 620x319, Terra--article_image.jpg)

>>858269
>It was kinda nice today. Well if you were a like her it was a nice day, for everyone else not of demon origins, it must have been cold.

>with the cold whether though came it's own challenges, the undead in the community will probably start to get too stiff to move unless they get their yearly transfusion of antifreeze agents... so out today she was to gather up what she needed to go her seasonal job...


>When the boy came down from the tree though her luck placed her right in front of him and she jolts with a yelp and falls to her rear on the cold hard ground.


Ow...

>She always had to rotten luck of always falling, even if she pretended she didn't. And once again she made an excuse for her natural clumsiness when not working.


Dumb ice...

!MEOWKdWFcQ 858273

File: 1416712050720.jpg (1.09 MB, 1043x1200, 43629461_p2.jpg)

>>858272
>the boy, despite falling from such a height, he got to his feet quickly, brushing powder snow off of his person. It was too early for weather like this, he thought to himself. It never got like this back home.

>now up, he stuffed his journal and handy-dandy telescope into his messenger bag. He paid no mind to the girl right in front of him, not yet.


>"What a shame... I was hoping to see a few native birds... Maybe I could spy a Barbarossan Pelican if I go there... Maybe go to Littledove."


>he nodded to himself, he was completely lost in thought.


>"That's it.. That's what I should do."


>only then, did he notice the woman


...

>he reached out to help her up, if there was a time to come off as more friendly and social, now was the time.


>he spoke with an quiet voice


Are you okay?

Doctor Natalie La Croix!aLEJudith. 858274

File: 1416713585014.jpg (276.66 KB, 1000x1417, 2eb4d9b6ee981178cca4b0c797e3d0…)

>>858273
>Taking his hand to help herself up, she nods at his question.

Yes, I'm fine thank you...

>At least he didn't as her if she feel like this all the time...


So um... what were you doing in that tree anyway?

>She could take a moment from her task to find out why. hopefully it wasn't just to scare her...

!MEOWKdWFcQ 858275

File: 1416714118016.jpg (32.05 KB, 301x355, ss+(2014-10-15+at+06.28.32).jp…)

>>858274
Looking for birds.

>a bit of a silly idea, since winter was starting.


By search has turned up negative.

>he sounded completely defeated over it, hopeless

Doctor Natalie La Croix!aLEJudith. 858276

File: 1416715201518.png (897.99 KB, 800x639, Final_Fantasy_Dissidia__Terra_…)

>>858275
>Ah, he was looking for birds. That's a nice hobby to have though it at this time of year it must be hard to find them... Just as he already said so.

I see...

>Though she did have a pet bird of her own, a Mo'Gallian native of course at little something to remind her of him.


Well I have a pet bird at my home. Perhaps if you'll help with a brief task or two I can let you see him?

!MEOWKdWFcQ 858278

File: 1416715392837.jpg (24.14 KB, 334x320, ss+(2014-10-15+at+05.55.08).jp…)

>>858276
Hm..

>then he opened his ears for the girl. She didn't look like she was from around here, so that could mean she is foreign and has a rare species.


>he took out his journal, now intrigued.


What kind...?

>then the other question


And what task?

Ros!pR.BaFF/uk 858285

File: 1416716604105.jpg (53.57 KB, 1000x800, 42128158_p2.jpg)

>>857663
>>857939
>>857941
>... they really seemed intent on getting back.
>Were things really so pressing where they'd come from? As far as he was aware, it wasn't as if there were any real negative consequences of this aside from the disconnection of being away from those you knew. Then again, as someone who spent quite a bit of his life alone he might've just been the kind of person who could deal with that better and calm down.
>Having finished cleaning the kitchen and satisfied with its current state, he walked back out of the room and stood around the three foreigners, sitting in his home.

Well, I mean, I'm not saying it's just going to fix itself, I'm just saying it's far less dire than it seems, unless you three happen to know more of what's going on than I do.

>Maybe they just held their attachments to people a lot closer to their hearts? Being a traveller, he was used to remembering people in his heart no matter this distance, the only difference here was how great that distance was.

>Sighing, he wandered over to the downstairs cabinet, opening it with a small key and picking out a ridiculously large black blade with various inlain crystal lines. His arm glowed blue for a moment as he picked it up with ease, placing it on his back and clipping it into the harness.

Jeez, for someone who's supposed to be who I think she is, she couldn't be more different.

>Grumbling to himself in a half-whisper, he simply paced back across the room without paying any of them much mind until he got to the corridor.


You wanted some info from HQ, right? The Captain isn't here right now so we don't have full authority to access the records, but I can go get what I can.

Doctor Natalie La Croix!aLEJudith. 858286

File: 1416716724967.jpg (200.49 KB, 670x1000, b79aa9425d198b2d76e93bc76c6446…)

>>858278
It's a Mo'Gallian Tundra Hawk.

>When he asked about the task he tries to put it in a way that doesn't sound like she's putting antifreeze in dead bodies. She already had a runin with law enforcement because of that.


Just some things for work, it'll be easier with two people carrying the supplies rather then just me.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 858288

File: 1416717035565.gif (601.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_n7lo7kCq9g1qdgcqro2_500…)

>>858286
>"A tundra hawk!? Mo'Gaille!"

>after hearing about this place, Mo'Gaille, upon arriving in Rigel Prima, he had fantasized about going there. A land of monster people must mean a land of exotic birds. Yet, he never grew the courage to make the trip. Too far, too much work, and some of the inhabitants scared him


>the chance to see a hawk from there without having to go to the country, was a dream come true


Deal.

>he shook his head


...I'm certain it's a beautiful bird.

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858450

>>858270
>the mage blinked, giving a playful surprised look
Can that be done? Breaking my own curse almost sounds like I'm cheating, doesn't it?
>he grinned, reaching with his arms around the half-demon once more to hold her close
Maybe you're just a bad influence on me, then. Like right now, forcing me to just lay here on the bed, holding you and never wanting to let you go... You just make me so lazy, you know?

Raven!pinkie78Os 858453

File: 1416763115309.png (266.53 KB, 577x412, Alright alright, enough with t…)

>>858450
>Raven leaned against Rocks again as she was pulled in close, though she kept her head from touching his
>keeping her eyes focused on his, she gave a noticeable pout, her cheeks returning to their normal colour in turn

Oh, so you being so affectionate is my fault somehow?

Well isn't that nice of you?

>she gives a small huff and lets her head drop down to his chest, still allowing him to see her mock pained look, even if she wasn't aiming it at him


You're so mean to me!

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858455

>>858453
Mean?
>now it was the mage's turn to pout, even if she couldn't see it
>he reached up, gently brushing her hair with his hand
Why am I mean? You keep flaunting yourself by being so pretty all of the time, of course I'll be forced to be affectionate. I'd have to have no pulse not to!
>he kept brushing her had, for after a few seconds he stopped to lightly poke her cheek
Hey... Don't think I'm mean... I'll be sad if you still think I'm mean. And if you're fine with me being sad, that will make you the mean on.

Raven!pinkie78Os 858461

File: 1416766881513.jpg (9.49 KB, 178x346, Maybe They'll Go Away If I Can…)

>>858455
>Raven had to hold back a snicker, lifting her head up to stare at Rocks again

Oh, so now I'm flaunting myself, am I?

>she'd pout once again, reaching up and poking his cheek in turn


You're the one who keeps saying all this stuff about me.

How does that make me the mean one, huh?

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858462

>>858461
>the mage puffed out his cheeks a little more at the pokes to them
Well... It's like... You...
>he struggled coming up with a good answer
>every time it seemed like he was about to say something, he would stop and think even harder, never happy with what he would say
...

...

....

...

...
>he squeezed her a little closer, glancing down at her with his lone eye, and a small smile
Alright, alright! I admit defeat! You're not mean, you are good. You are more than good! You are the goodest of good people, and everyone should be jealous of your goodness, which is why I said so many mean things.
>his smile would fall, the redhead putting on his best puppy look
Can you ever forgive me for my awful lies?

Raven!pinkie78Os 858463

File: 1416768292253.png (59.63 KB, 117x262, hi.png)

>>858462
>Raven would keep her pouting expression pointed at Rocks for a few seconds longer, staring into his eye the whole time

.....

>she then gave a slight hum and looked away, now looking more contemplative, apparently thinking this over


.....

.....

>then, just as she made Rocks wait what she felt was long enough, she looked back to him with a small smile

>she then leaned forward and gave him a teasingly brief kiss, before pulling away again

I think I can find it in my heart to do that~

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858465

>>858463
>the mage let his head drop on his pillow with a very relieved sigh
Thank you. Your compassion knows no bounds!
>he held her closely again, letting silence fall around them, simply enjoying the time they had together
...

...

...

....
>but something kept itching at the back of the redhead's mind
>it had been there all day, but he never considered scratching it
>however, laying in bed, he could see out of the corner of his eye the TV in their room, standing not far from the foot of their bed
>and that brought back the memory of the phone in the lounge, and how it moved as he pointed at it
>of course, the logical thought was to conclude it was a coincidence; far stranger things had happened in the Manor, much less the world he now lived in
>but what if...
...

...
>he carefully moved one arm off of the sorceress, holding out his hand in the direction of the television
>he didn't know what to think or do, simply staying there with his hand in the air
>only after a few seconds would he slowly move his finger towards him, repeating the movement as if calling for the television to move closer to the bed
>Roll 1d1000 = 818
>evens, the TV does just that, inching closer to the bed on top of its wheeled stand
>odds, it doesn't budge, remaining in its place
>dub evens, only the television moves closer, and it falls off the stand and onto the floor
>trip evens, the television floats off the stand, and moves closer to the bed in the air

Raven!pinkie78Os 858466

File: 1416770519302.jpg (21.8 KB, 550x413, Moments Like This Make It Aaaa…)

>>858465
>Raven simply snuggled into Rocks's chest at this point, taking the time to finally enjoy the comfortable silence that she had been longing for since getting back

.....

>her eyes closed, and it seemed to all the world that she was just falling asleep

>as such, she pays no attention at all to what Rocks is trying to do, just keeping comfortable and relaxed

.....

Roll 1d1000 = 605
>evens, she hears the squeaking noise that the TV stand makes as it wheels closer to the bed, giving a confused "hm" in turn and starting to lift her head to look
>odds, she doesn't catch it, instead remaining where she was and letting Rocks test his newfound abilities uninterrupted for a bit longer

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858467

>>858466
>unlike the sorceress, the mage's eye would open very wide
>it wasn't a coincidence, it wasn't a fluke or an accident, it couldn't have been
...

...
>he gulped, staring with a shocked look in his eye at the TV after it had just moved
>it had moved after he called it
...
>once again he moves his hand, but this time motioning for the television to move back
>Roll 1d1000 = 276
>evens, it obeys, moving closer to the wall
>dub evens, it moves much faster than expected, slamming against the wall
>trip evens, only the television floats back, leaving the stand behind

>odds, the TV only moves closer again

>dub odds, it moves closer faster, striking the foot of the bed
>trip odds, it suddenly flies straight over the bed, colliding against the wall right next to the mage and sorceress

Raven!pinkie78Os 858468

File: 1416771103393.png (166.19 KB, 420x421, But mommy, I wanna stay home a…)

>>858467
>again, the squeaking that the wheels of the TV stand would likely provoke some sort of response from the sorceress
Roll 1d1000 = 532
>evens, she opens her eyes and lifts her head up, looking around for where the noise came from

What was that...?

>odds, she still doesn't catch the sound, remaining where she was against Rocks

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858469

>>858468
>the mage blinked, looking down at the half-demon as she woke up
I... Sorry, R-Raven... That...
>he looked back at the television, still with a very shocked expression
That was... Me... Just... Look.
>he waved his hand towards him, again making the television inch closer to the bed
>then by waving his hand away, the TV would move further from them once more
I... I don't know how I'm doing this. It happened yesterday too, when I was helping someone with the telephone... I just... Got it to move...

Raven!pinkie78Os 858470

File: 1416772266211.png (167.09 KB, 305x354, Not quite the reaction I had i…)

>>858469

.....

>Raven would blink a few times after seeing this, as if she just couldn't believe what she saw

>she'd stare at the TV for a few seconds, then look back to Rocks, then back to the TV, and then back to Rocks again

.....

>she'd blink again, then reach up and rub her eyes groggily, turning her attention back to Rocks again right after


...how in the world...?

Miki Yang Xiao Long!aLEJudith. 858471

File: 1416772569116.png (204.42 KB, 542x704, 1395816045033.png)

>>858285
>Well that was also true, it's not as if the world was gonna end so there was no need to worry as long as they could get back... right?

>>857939
>And Miki was back to her bright sunny self as Ariel even agreed they could relax for the night. A night was enough for her as long as she got to spend it with friends!

Ooooh Oooooh Let's play Dance Dance Evolution! That's the perfect way to spend our time!

>In her mind anyway, that's because she was damn good at it too.


>>857941
>and please to see Saya wasn't foaming at the mouth and convulsing on the floor, Miki giggles

But I'm getting better!
This post was edited by its author on .

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858472

>>858470
>the mage would look at the half-demon with the same level of disbelief as her, if not a little panic
I... I-I don't know! I'm a Conjurer, Conjurers can't do things like this!
>he looked at his hand, then glance aside at the bookshelf that leaned against the wall not far from their bed
>he glanced at his hand again, then quickly aimed it at all of the books, closing his fingers to try and call one of the books towards him
>Roll 1d1000 = 416
>evens and under 500, one of the books flies off the shelf, landing on the floor not long after its jump
>dub evens and under 500, it turns midair, and flies to the bed, hitting the mage in the forehead
>trip evens, the entire collection of books flies off the bookshelf, creating a wall of books that floated in the air

Raven!pinkie78Os 858473

File: 1416773328360.jpg (19.94 KB, 550x413, Wait, You Mean The Briefcase H…)

>>858472
>Raven leaned over Rocks to watch the book fall on the floor, again staring at it in disbelief

.....

>she then sat back down and looked at Rocks, now growing just a bit worried


And...how do you feel?

Do you feel any different than usual, or has something changed with you recently...?

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858474

>>858473
>the mage sat up, staring wide-eyed at the book that had fallen on the ground
>he then turned his head to the sorceress, quickly shaking it from side to side
I... I don't feel any different at all. I didn't... I didn't do anything, or-
>he stopped, trying to think back at the last few days
>other than the fight with the demon, he couldn't think of a single thing that could have happened
>he doubted it was because he got shot, since he had been shot before and it didn't awaken any powers in him
...
>he blinked
Unless...
>then reached at the nightstand next to the bed, opening one of the drawers
>inside would be a black mirror, the one given to him by the sorceress on his first Christmas
I've been using this mirror a lot lately...
>he grabbed it, lifting it off the mirror, and holding it in front of him
I wanted to control my temper, and meditating with this has really helped with that... Maybe it has something to do with this...?

Raven!pinkie78Os 858475

File: 1416774634936.jpg (15.78 KB, 358x413, I'm Getting The Strangest Impr…)

>>858474
>Raven would reach out and take the mirror from Rocks, bringing it up to get a better look at it
>she did recall giving Rocks the mirror last year, but she wasn't aware of how extensively he was using it, and tried to figure out if it could tie into his newfound abilities

...it's...possible?

>she sounded very unsure even as she said it, just thinking aloud at this point


You're the only person besides me to properly use something like this, so I can't be sure...

But I think it'd only be if you had these sorts of abilities from the start, but you just couldn't properly access them for some reason...

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858476

>>858475
>the mage would lean forward slightly, a troubled look on his face
>even the sorceress didn't know if the mirror could give him new abilities, which was worrisome
...
>however, she at least had a possible explanation
You mean... It's possible I could always move things... But it wasn't until I started meditating that I could use it...?
>he frowned
>it was an explanation, yes, but to think he could always move objects with his mind sounded a little farfetched
...
>"If I had these abilities from the start..."
...

>Roll 1d1000 = 54

>evens
...?
>he blinked again, as if an idea had come to him
Wait here!
>without another word, he quickly jumped out of the bed, running straight for the door and leaving the room

---

>odds, he simply frowned, unable to think of any other explanation

Doctor Natalie La Croix!aLEJudith. 858482

File: 1416779908710.jpg (276.54 KB, 504x840, c018c2fae634afb78b1fc23e67e9f5…)

>>858288
He is, especially at this time of year.

>She motions for him to follow her as she heads south to the market district.


His feathers shine like diamond dust in the winter, it's actually a nice pretty.

Raven!pinkie78Os 858485

File: 1416781309589.png (245.45 KB, 478x410, Who's Maste Ba-OOOHHH.png)

>>858476

-?!

>Raven would sit up suddenly as Rocks bolted out of the room, watching him dash about while looking like he suddenly made a realization


.....

>she'd do as Rocks asked, just sitting there and staring at where he left

>but she looked absolutely lost the whole time, having no clue what brought this on

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858486

>>858485
>it wouldn't take very long before the hurried steps of the mage grew closer to the room, the door swinging open quickly afterwards
>he stepped inside, closing the door behind him, while carrying in his hands a simple glass of water
>in the same fast pace, he approached the bed, placing the glass on top of the nightstand before he knelt down before it
>there was a very focused, and very serious look on his face as he stared intensely at the simple glass filled with water
...
>very slowly, almost frightfully, he would lift his hand over the glass
>and he began moving his fingers much the same way he did for the books and the television
>Roll 1d1000 = 292
>evens, the water would begin to move along with the movements of the mage's fingers, parting before coming together, and slowly rising off of the glass
>odds, no movement

Raven!pinkie78Os 858488

File: 1416782748421.png (167.09 KB, 305x354, Not quite the reaction I had i…)

>>858486
>Raven would stare in amazement as Rocks somehow managed to move the water around in the glass, watching it shift and bend easily as though it were moving of its own will
>she'd then look back up to Rocks, still looking amazed at not only that he was doing that, but that he was doing it so easily

How are you doing all of this...?

>the fact that he looked so nervous and worried only added to her own uneasiness, getting the feeling that something was wrong that he just wasn't telling her

Nymph Holland!MEOWKdWFcQ 858489

>>858482
>perfect, the bird would be perfect for his journal, it would be his first Mo'Gaille bird... He suddenly wondered if Harpies would count towards bird sightings.

>would that be considered offensive to them?


Very well...

>he followed, still looking uncomfortable from the weather.


I'm Nymph, for the record.

>suddenly a couple of large red letters appeared behind him. For those able to read them, they read BIRD WATCHING CLUB PRESIDENT: NYMPH HOLLAND.

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858490

>>858488
>the redhead slowly lifted his hand, the water rising further from the glass until it was floating in the air
>it wobbled and shifted aimlessly, resembling a large blot in the air until the mage cupped his hand over the blot
>he then moved his hand around the water as if he were shaping clay, the water being reformed into an almost perfect bubble
...

It's Elemental magic... I'm using Elemental magic...
>he opened his hands, letting the bubble of water simply fall back into the glass, spilling some droplets over the nightstand
>the mage falls back, sitting down on the floor with a very shocked look on his face, slowly turning to the television
Technomancy... Elemental magic... It's magic from my world... Th-The world I was in... B-But nobody can learn this many arts... Just-!
>he quickly brought up his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them as he curled up into a ball in sheer shock
>but the instinctive action was quickly countered by the mage as he lifted his head, staring with his single eye at the glass of water
...

...

I could never use magic... I tries to hard... For so many years, I desperately tried to please her... I wanted her to feel proud of me, to do what she wanted me to... But I couldn't...
>his head would drop again, now staring at the floor
In college, I was a joke... I couldn't learn, I still couldn't do anything... No matter how much help I got, no matter how much I trained, I could never... Never use magic...
>he grew silent, his arm wrapping tighter around his legs
>when he spoke again, he shut his eye tightly
Then... That night... That night when he came... Everything changed... I changed.
>his eye opened again
I started using magic. Conjuration. It was always my favorite class, thanks to my teacher... I started small, really small... But I learned quickly, because I already knew it... I knew everything-
>he finally let go of his legs, throwing out his arms in frustration
I know everything because of what she did to me! I just didn't have the power to use all of it!
>he then brought his hands to the sides of his head, gripping down on it
But... When he came... I got that power... His power!
>he finally lifted his head to look up at the sorceress, the shocked look on his face remaining
I've been using the Lich's magic... This whole time, I've been using it! And only a Lich can use the Nine Arts... The Lich that lives in me... The Lich whose power I'm using... Do you know what this means!?

Raven!pinkie78Os 858491

File: 1416784945532.png (215.7 KB, 395x424, I am disgusted, yet intrigued …)

>>858490
>Raven would keep her gaze on Rocks as he began to ramble on for her, trying to keep up with what he was saying
>while she was rather knowledgeable on magic, the magic from Rocks's world was still rather mysterious to her, a lot of it still unexplained
>she just accepted what Rocks was capable of with his own magic and left it at that, given it poked at a number of sore subjects for him
>but whatever was going on here, it definitely sounded very bad
>at his final question, she just continued to stare at him with wide eyes, slowly shaking her head as the only answer she could give

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858494

>>858491
>as the mage faced the equally troubled and shocked sorceress, he would do something entirely unexpected
>he would smile, incredibly widely, revealing his strangely pointed fangs
I can use all of the Lich's power!
>he suddenly stood up on his knees, leaning over the edge of the bed
I can use all of my world's magic!
>he threw out his arms again as he stood up to his feet, his tone growing more and more excited
I'm the most powerful mage alive from my world! I'm a living Lich!

Raven!pinkie78Os 858500

File: 1416786306397.png (346.16 KB, 446x394, They found WHAT under my bed.p…)

>>858494

.....

>Raven would again stare in shock at Rocks, though this was added with a feeling of disbelief as well

>finding any sort of connection with the Lich wasn't what she'd consider good news exactly, so his reaction to all of this was surprising, to say the least

...that's not the stance I was expecting you to take...

>she said this rather cautiously, still watching him act all excited by this

Doctor Natalie La Croix!aLEJudith. 858501

File: 1416786673700.png (852.71 KB, 850x709, sample_823462c21f9bfc7c6c43eb6…)

>>858489
>Not noticing the big letters around him, she simple keeps going until she makes it to the market place and starts to gather what she needs.

Very nice to meet you Nymph, I'm Doctor Natalie La Croix. I run a clinic here in Town.

>She started to gather what she needed, multiple chemicals and the like, by the crate load and passed them off to Nymph.


Just stocking on what's going to be needed over the winter months.

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858502

>>858500
>the mage's incredibly excited grin would still remain
>he almost wouldn't seem to want to stand still, jumping slightly in place
Are you kidding!? This is great! This changes everything!
>he quickly held out both closed hands, holding a finger each time he spoke
Enchanting! Elemental! Healing! Summoning! Conjuration! Technology! Illusion! Materialization! Divination!
Can you imagine how much I can change with all of this magic? With all of this power!?
>his hands would close, the mage throwing up both fists into the air with an air of confidence that had never been seen from him
We won't have to worry about anything anymore! We won't have to worry about anyone anymore! I AM A LIVING GOD, AND I CAN DO ANYTHING!
This post was edited by its author on .

Nymph Holland!MEOWKdWFcQ 858503

File: 1416787023316.jpg (37.43 KB, 200x275, 41614.jpg)

>>858501
Makes sense...

>Nymph looked around the market place, he looked for something that he might want. Maybe some leafy greens and veggies for dinner.


>despite his thin body, he carried the crate with ease. He was much stronger than he looked


You say you're from Mo'Gaille, right? The land of monster girls? Forgive my rudeness, what type of monster are you...

Raven!pinkie78Os 858507

File: 1416787446642.png (219.38 KB, 395x444, Checking mind status__ still f…)

>>858502
>if that wasn't a warning sign, nothing else was

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

>with that said, Raven would move off of the bed and to a standing position, reaching up and grabbing Rocks's wrists and pulling his hands back down


OK, that kind of talk is dangerous, Rocks. You're getting way too far ahead of yourself.

You haven't actually seen if you can do any of these other magics yet, for one thing. For all you know this is some latent telekinetic powers that you just haven't developed yet.

>which was a bit of a stretch, come to think of it, but it was at least something to get his mind off of this

>she would keep a stern yet highly worried look on her face as she focused on Rocks, getting a bad feeling about where this could go

Doctor Natalie La Croix!aLEJudith. 858510

File: 1416788164490.jpg (200.49 KB, 670x1000, b79aa9425d198b2d76e93bc76c6446…)

>>858503
I am indeed, born and raised.

>With the chemicals done she purchases bandages, surgical and stitching supplies, and finally a bag of bird seed.


Well it's not monster girls, they come in both genders and countless spices. For me, I'm a Succubi. One of the Demon class Mo'Gal.

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858513

>>858507
>as the sorceress grabbed hold of his wrists, she could feel the mage's entire body was trembling
>even as she spoke his smile didn't lessen the slightest, his eye still wide open and gleaming with excitement
B-But it makes sense! It does! I could move the TV! A-And the phone! A-And the water! I could feel it in my hands, but I didn't touch it!
Raven, I can do so much! I-I can change everything now! We don't have to worry anymore! Anyone that wants to hurts, I can drive them off! I can find Craddock, I can take him out of his hiding place, and make him pay for what he did! I can drag that demon that shot me out into the open, and have him burn for ever messing with me and my family! I can even stop your father for good!
>his trembling would only grow stronger the more he talked, the mage struggling slightly against the half-demon's grip to pry his wrists out of her hands, but only so he could take hers in a tight grip
I can c-control water! I can control fire! Earth! Wind! I-I can create illusions! I can control creature's mind, people's minds! I c-can create everything from the air around us!
>Roll 1d100 = 39
>odds, his eye would begin to water, his smile only growing even further
I can finally make her proud of me!

--

>dub odds

I can bring your son back to life!

Nymph Holland!MEOWKdWFcQ 858515

File: 1416788450377.jpg (23.12 KB, 225x350, 243819.jpg)

>>858510
Monster boys and girls...

>well, a country of all women couldn't possibly exist after all, science would make that impossible.


Interesting...

>"Wait... If she's a Succubi, is she trying to trick me? Seduce me..."


>he kept a eye on her, just to be safe

Raven!pinkie78Os 858518

File: 1416789505077.jpg (16.3 KB, 550x413, God, The Things I Have To Clea…)

>>858513
>Raven was again taken aback by Rocks's responses, especially when he started going on about all the things that he could do
>Craddock was one thing that surprised her, though she should've expected him to want to do that, all things considered
>the mention of the demon that shot him didn't bring up a face, even though she knew it had been a terrifying event for certain
>mentioning defeating her father was certainly something she couldn't believe, feeling that no matter how powerful he was, there was no way he could actually defeat Trigon
>but the last statement he made was what caused her to stop and stare at him again, a completely stunned look on her face

.....

>slowly and carefully, she'd slip her hands out from Rocks's and place them back on his again

>she'd squeeze gently and speak in a similar tone, but with a clear firmness to it as well

Rocks...

There is no way any of that can be that simple. Nothing is supposed to be that simple. Just because you have this power doesn't mean you should use it.

There could be vast consequences to these actions that you're not considering. You don't even know the full extent of these powers, and therefore you don't know what the drawbacks are.

>she'd grip down on his hands and stare right into his eye, still speaking in a firm tone to try and keep him grounded


Don't you think that drawing on the Lich's power like that is going to have some sort of negative reprecussions?

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858521

>>858518
>the mage kept his eye on her, tears already falling down his face
>but quickly, he would shake his head
There isn't! I know there isn't! I can control it! I can control all of it! It's what I was raised to do, Raven!
>his hands would continue to tremble, his own voice now getting affected by his emotion
I know this! I c-can do it! I can control i-it! There's nothing t-to worry about! There's n-nothing! N-... N-...
>Roll 1d1000 = 893
>evens, he stopped, almost frozen in place as he stared into the demon's eyes
...

I... I can become like him... I can, c-can't I...?

---

>odds, he still trembled and jumped in excitement, more tears falling down his cheeks

Nothing! I-I can give you everything you've ever wanted! I-I can make Miss Sky happy again!

Raven!pinkie78Os 858522

File: 1416791408459.jpg (16.59 KB, 550x413, That...That Shouldn't Be Happe…)

>>858521

Rocks!

>Raven would grip down on his hands again, trying to get him to calm down, but finding it increasingly difficult as he just refused to see reason


Rocks, listen to me.

You don't need to do any of that. You don't need to shower me with gifts or do my every whim.

And you don't need to impress her.

>she'd say this last statement with a clear firm tone, hoping it was enough to get through to him


Rocks, please...just calm down for a moment and take this slowly. Think about what this could mean and don't rush headfirst into something you may not be ready for.

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858524

>>858522
>his hands would only tremble faster and faster, the mage being completely overwhelmed by everything
>suddenly, his incredibly wide smile would vanish into an expression of fear
No... No, no! You're wrong! You're wrong, I have to! I have to impress her! I-If I don't she'll take everything from me!
Sh-She'll take away the mirror, the books, the TV, she'll take you and she'll leave me with nothing again and lock me in again and I don't want to be alone again!
>all of that fear would suddenly turn into anger
SO YOU'RE WRONG! I HAVE TO!
>but then immediately turn into regret and fear
I... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Raven, I didn't... I didn't mean to, I-I...
>his feet gave up under him, forcing him to fall down to his knees
>Roll 1d100 = 48
>evens, he would shut his eye tightly, biting down on his own lip as he shook his head
Stop it, stop it, stop it!
>he took in deep and hurried breaths, trying desperately to calm down
You're not there anymore! You're not hers anymore, so stop it!

---

>odds

What's... What's happening to me...!? Make it stop... Make it stop, make it stop, make him shut up!

Raven!pinkie78Os 858533

File: 1416793185633.jpg (21.15 KB, 550x413, Somehow, This Is All Beast Boy…)

>>858524

-!

>Raven was even more taken aback than before, Rocks's unstable emotions only getting worse and worse, to the point that he actually snapped at her

>but given how fast they were passing by, it wasn't like she had very long to focus on each one
>once he was on his knees, she dropped down as well, her hands grasping his shoulders to again try and calm him down

Rocks, what's going on?!

Why are you acting like this? What's happening?!

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858548

>>858533
>he quickly reached at his head, gripping down hard on it
I... I'm sorry... I'm sorry, I'm trying to-
>he moved his hands to his face
Focus, I'm trying to focus! He keeps shouting, she keeps whispering-!
>moving back one hand, he slammed a fist down on the floor, his voice suddenly getting lower and rougher
Use it, use me, burn everything, destroy, enslave, make them safe, make them happy, burn EVERYTHING-!
>then just as quickly it would drop back to a terrified whimper
Go back, go back home, go back to her, I'm waiting, you can make me proud, make me love you-!
>growling loudly, he lowered his head further until it almost touched the floor
>Roll 1d100 = 16
>evens
Keep... Keep talking... Please, keep talking!

---

>odds, he just shook his head

Can't... Can't stop th-them...!

Raven!pinkie78Os 858691

File: 1416807222812.jpg (14.94 KB, 550x413, I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No…)

>>858548

I-but-wha...

>Raven was once again left completely dumbfounded by what was happening - all she could really discern was that Rocks was effectively losing his mind

>him speaking in all of these different voices just seemed so out there that at first she couldn't make sense of what was happening
>but after a second or two, she realized what exactly was behind this, and had to fight the urge to just dive in and take care of the problem herself
>as it was, all she could do was as Rocks asked, and she kept trying to encourage him

Rocks, it's going to be OK. You're going to pull yourself out of this, you can do it.

You just have to keep focusing on what's happening right now, just focus on the present.

Focus on my voice, focus on something you know is real. That woman isn't here, the Lich doesn't matter.

>she kept her hands firmly on his shoulders, hoping to better give him some sort of lifeline to reality


I'm real, I'm here, focus on me.

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858693

>>858691
>as the demon talked, the mage slowly began nodding his head
>he repeated this motion slowly at first, growing faster and faster the more he heard the half-demon speak, even if it meant he would sometimes hit his head on the floor accidentally
>finally he lifted his head, still with a strained look on his face, but trying to battle it with a smile
I'm sorry, I'm sorry... You're right, I c-can't... I can't do this, I'm not ready for it!
>he reached up with his hands, placing them on the half-demon's wrists
I-I don't...! I don't need it! All I need-... A-All I need is here! A-All I need...-!
>he took in a deep breath, then suddenly fell forward, his head landing on the demon's shoulder, and his arms wrapping around her
I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I got carried away... But I don't need that power. I don't need the Lich, and I don't need Sky... Because I have you... I love you, Raven...

858698

File: 1416808273384.jpg (153.03 KB, 460x640, Milla_Status.jpg)

>>858285

Well while that's true, the sooner we're able to find the thing causing this, the sooner it can be reversed, and the sooner it can be reversed, the sooner it's no longer a threat at switching anyone, or anything else's places.

>She crosses her arms and taps her chin


I mean after all if Miki, Saya, and I are counterparts of your friends, that means that somehow...

>She sighs and shakes her head looking at the ground


...a potted plant is a counterpart to a wedding cake, so who knows what else could be switched? Hell an entire BUILDING could be switched out and because the people inside were in locations building parts weren't before...

>she looks a bit glum before looking at Ros


Are you familiar with the term "Telefrag" ?

>>857941

>Tapping her chin and sighing after grilling Ros out a bit, Jo laughs slightly at Saya's response


>Looking to her she smiles slightly


Well the fact you survived eating it certainly proves something!

>>858471

>She then looks back to Miki and grins...


That DOES sounds like a good idea! Let's just hope I'm as lucky as Saya

>Ariel lifts hers up and takes a bite, despite what Saya said, Ariel finds the "Grilled Cheese" Roll 1d100 = 7

1-30: absolutely disgusting
31-40: ...ok I guess
41-70: actually average
71-99: AWESOME
100: a gift from the heavens


>If 1-40, she just smiles awkwardly while nodding and gritting her teeth and looking to Miki

>Anything else, cont

858701

File: 1416808551646.jpg (65.26 KB, 420x648, White_Mage_Kitty_by_johnjoseco…)

>>858285
Well... can we ask about the other us that live in this world?
>>858471
>Saya just folded her arms.
You're still banned from the kitchen til you take lessons.
>>858698
It's way better than that fish.
>Looking at Ariel, she watched as she bit into the grilled cheese.
Yeah....

OP for Mams Hazel Naut!Nautd/nL8o 858702

File: 1416808578307.jpg (30.02 KB, 500x281, tumblr_n3cou5RzsN1sqa258o1_500…)

>meanwhile in the manor, Hazel headed for the gym room. It was the only gym she knew of that didn't require a membership, so she made use of it. Wearing gym shorts and a T-shirt that read ONE PUNCH GIRL on it, she came into the gym with all she needed; a water bottle and some boxing gloves.

>"With the holiday season coming, I've been getting lazy... Crime in the city seems to be dwindling."


>she hadn't gotten to beat up a thug or a superpowered freak in ages. Was it the holiday season? No one wanted to be in jail during Christmas.


>"Oh well... I'll do a few reps today and scout out the city."


>another issue could be that she wasn't the only vigilante in the city. She had competition.

Raven!pinkie78Os 858704

File: 1416808601890.jpg (15.33 KB, 550x413, You Tell Anyone About This And…)

>>858693
>Raven would soon relax as Rocks fell into her arms, immediately wrapping them around him and hugging him tight

I love you too, Rocks...

>she'd gently rub his back soothingly, resting her head against his, just trying to relax him again


It's OK, Rocks...I'm OK, you don't have anything to worry about...

>she'd shift her head around a bit and gently kiss the side of his head, before resting against it again


We'll get through all of these problems, I know it...we'll be OK...

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858710

>>858704
>the mage would squeeze a little tighter, his body finally ceasing its trembling
I'm sorry... You didn't deserve this... I-I'm fine now... He's quiet...
>slowly he would pull back just enough to be able to look at her face
>he was tired, his eye still watery but he didn't seem to be crying anymore, his expression being of guilt
I-I'm sorry... I let him get to me... I let him tempt me again, when I promise I wouldn't... I almost-...
>he quickly stopped himself, shaking his head
>then immediately hold her tighter, burying his face in her shoulder again
>he wouldn't say anything, only taking breaths as he clung to the sorceress
>the breaths slowly grew softer and more natural, the mage pulling back his head again but keeping it lowered, finally looking calm
...

Vi!iBreaktumo 858712

File: 1416809245192.png (319.97 KB, 361x750, tumblr_n0ryz4F9Zj1s0adc8o1_500…)

>>858702
Well, not so much anymore.

Not since she'd been made a real cop, anyway.

Towel around her neck, the cop steps off the treadmill she'd been clocking some time into, turning her attention to the girl.

"Long time no see, Hazel. Haven't seen any reports of people getting beat up by a teenage girl who punches hard lately, been taking it easy?"

Well, she had as well, for the most part. She'd been put almost exclusively on call for Jinx if she ever showed up, so while she didn't have to do anything besides come in to the office to sit around until her shift ended, she had to be ready 24/7 to stop that psycho. It was kinda nice, for the most part.

Even if it meant she didn't get out as much.

"Anything important happen?"

Raven!pinkie78Os 858713

File: 1416809447851.png (198.29 KB, 328x391, Oh_ cant say I expected anothe…)

>>858710
>once Rocks pulled back from her again, Raven moved her hands out to press them against his face, gently rubbing her thumbs against his cheeks to further try and relax him

It's alright, Rocks...

I get it, OK? He was trying to trick you, make you think you were getting what you wanted.

That's normal, that's just what he does.

>she'd lean her head forward and gently press her forehead to his, still speaking in a quiet, soothing tone


I understand why you'd want all of that, and it's OK...

We'll take care of this, we'll just do it a different way...

Hazel Naut!Nautd/nL8o 858715

File: 1416809697999.jpg (121.64 KB, 666x800, Sakurai.Rihoko.full.1349790.jp…)

>>858712
Hm?

>so her laziness has gone noticed...


>she shook her head and headed over to the weights, planning so start with the smaller weights then work her way up. She took out her cellphone, and typed out a message for Vi.


Got lazy
Family member visiting
I'll be back to it in January

Vi!iBreaktumo 858722

File: 1416810180125.jpg (67.85 KB, 615x609, lol_pin_up___vi_by_shygoggles-…)

>>858715
Nodding, the woman sits on a bench press bench, leaning forward to watch the young vigilante exercise.

"Been pretty quiet for me lately."

Well, for the most part.

"I'm a full-fledged cop now, been talking to some local mechanics about my gauntlets, got a boyfriend..."

Rocks!bXgeUCIUnk 858725

>>858713
>a sigh escaped the mage
>he lifted his hands between them, staring down at his palms
But... I still have all of this power... I can still use it...
>Roll 1d100 = 30

>evens, he balled his hands into fists, slightly shaking his head

I shouldn't... I can't let that happen. I won't. I promise you...

---

>odds

Maybe... Maybe if I just use it little by little... Maybe just by learning an art or two, I can still control it, and use it...

Raven!pinkie78Os 858731

File: 1416810985662.jpg (9.49 KB, 178x346, Maybe They'll Go Away If I Can…)

>>858725
>Raven nodded slowly with Rocks's promise, still lightly rubbing his cheeks

OK Rocks, that's good...

>she moved her head up a bit to give him another kiss, this one lightly planted on his forehead


We don't need that power anyway. We'll be OK.

We're just fine on our own.

Hazel Naut!Nautd/nL8o 858732

File: 1416811020251.png (289.77 KB, 500x717, tumblr_mzj17fnoUa1qhpxsmo1_500…)

>>858722
>with her left hand, Hazel held a 25 lb weight, the other her phone, as she communicated her words to Vi

>Boyfriend? Lucky guy... And she's a full time cop?


>Hazel would be all for being a cop, if it meant doing what she's always been doing.


What's he like?
Is he cute?

Vi!iBreaktumo 858737

File: 1416811346757.jpg (41.1 KB, 400x520, f8daaf26f19d1191b7763bc3eb21ed…)

>>858732
Smirking, the woman gives the girl an amused look.

"Yeah, he's cute. Wants to take things a little too fast for my tastes, but he's a nice guy and isn't pushy about it, so I'm not gonna hold it against him."

Plus, it was kinda awkward to talk about.

"Once I get this whole mess with the one case I'm working sorted out, I'd probably be more willing to be more serious about it. As is, don't need that looming over my head."

Hazel Naut!Nautd/nL8o 858739

File: 1416811808405.jpg (31.33 KB, 500x281, tumblr_n3cou5RzsN1sqa258o2_500…)

>>858737
>"Fast, nice, and not too pushy? Hehe... Sounds like a ideal guy."

>she slowly nodded, switching hands, the dumbbell going to her right and her cellphone going to her left.


Sounds nice
I've been looking for a guy myself
Anything else important happening.


>it was a bit nice to just sit down and talk like this, especially in Vi's case who had been working for so long.

Vi!TomoeP/Q/. 858746

File: 1416814064391.jpg (128.86 KB, 769x1039, vi_portrait_fan_art_colored_by…)

>>858739
Shaking her head, the woman stretches a bit. It was tough work, kicking back and relaxing.

"Nah, not really. Anything happen to you?"

College Patches 858821

File: 1416862541366.jpg (12.43 KB, 273x302, 1405998872737.jpg)

>>858746
>Anything important... Well, not much

>Hazel shook her head, setting down a weight. She wished that something exciting would happen, she didn't want to just sit around at home and poke around like a monkey.


>she hummed... What was there to do, things have been so boring lately.


Do you want to hang out
If you're not busy?
Maybe see a movie.

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 858833

>for an hour, the traveler's journey would go by uninterrupted
>the skies were a crystal blue, very few clouds floating above them
>the Sun shone brightly, illuminating the green flora of the forest the wagon crossed over the paved road

>but then, there would come to view two figures that stood in the middle of the road

>one of them was muscular, dressed in long armored magenta robes, and more noticeably, four arms
>the four-armed man next to him was thinner, but also wore the same armored robes, colored a light blue, and a bow and quiver held behind him
>the man in magenta took one step forward, holding up one hand with his palm facing the approaching wagon, speaking firmly
Stop! This road is closed for the moment!

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 858834

File: 1416869703261.png (54.37 KB, 214x360, DayAlreadyIsTurningOutWeird.PN…)

>>858833

Huh?

>Xion pulls on Papa's reigns, slowing the large chameleon to a stop before the two multi-armed individuals.

>At first she's surprised; the concept that the roads could be closed clearly never occurring to her since entering Valorcall.
>But, slowly, her brows furrow in consternation, the corners of her mouth turning down into a small disappointed frown.

The road's closed? For how long?

>Why did they close it anyway? Xion glances ahead, wondering briefly if there was some construction or project going on ahead. Did a tree fall in the road? A wash-out from a rainstorm?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 858835

File: 1416870031892.png (67.58 KB, 244x273, What the fuck is that.png)

>>858833
>>858834

Hm?

>Crona looked up from the map after the larger Drokauhwan spoke up, having been keeping an eye on it to make sure they were on the right path

>he'd stare suspiciously at the two that had stopped them, but had thought ahead to pull his scarf back up after leaving the village, masking his expression better

What happened? Why is the road closed?

>he'd shift forward in his seat and try to crane his neck up to see past the two, hoping to get a look at what was behind them

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 858836

>>858834
The entire day, at the least.
>the large Drokauhwan quickly answered, still speaking in a very firm and authoritative tone

>>858835
>the smaller guard would step in, also speaking in a firm and stern tone, but with a more high-pitched tone
There was a flood last night. The road up ahead is completely filled with water, and no caravan is able to get through.
>from his position, the swordsman would see that the road stretched on for a few more feet, then vanish behind some trees, blocking the view
>while no flood was visible, the road behind the guards was wet
You will have to take a detour, down the hill.
>he would point a finger to the side of the road, revealing that there was a small dirt path leading deeper into the forest

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 858837

File: 1416870844855.jpg (139.57 KB, 500x500, Because This Can't Be Wiped Aw…)

>>858835
>>858836

Hmnnngh...

>Xion grunts out a noise of displeasure at the detour, but she had absolutely no desire to argue with the Drokauhwan, especially when they still were in their lands.


>Even if, judging by the ground behind the two, it looked as if the road was merely soaked instead of washed out...


...

>The Dragonborn shrugs with a weary sigh and pulls on Papa's reigns, to direct him towards the pointed out shortcut. After Fromniel's statements about the four-armed people and their sentiments about outsiders, arguing seemed like a bad idea with a couple of guards.


Come on Papa, we have to go around this mess...

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 858839

File: 1416871526653.png (69.22 KB, 244x273, I call bullshit.png)

>>858836
>Crona looked over to where the Drok indicated they should turn, already frowning worriedly behind his scarf
>as fate would have it, they'd have to travel through the more difficult to traverse forest instead of the damp road ahead of them
>>858837
>before Crona could say anything one way or another, Xion was already leading them towards the other path
>he'd hold his tongue and sit back down, but as they moved down the hill, he'd turn and look back at the two Droks
>something about the whole matter didn't sit right, and the more suspicious side of him was already wondering what was going on
>had their whole argument with those strangers back in town alerted someone?
>had they already been found out?

858840

File: 1416872060055.jpg (73.74 KB, 220x303, 555-vi-snail.jpg)

>The Aardvarks and ant eaters were dealt with, and most of the new elsens that had arrived had been reintegrated into society in the Town

>Their cravings for Sugar, satisfied by...actual sugar, it was really rather impressive actually


>They worked for nothing but sugar and kept going and going, one might swear if one of these seemingly human people got a little stressed they'd explode


>The rift activity seemed to be strangely...more organized, more focused, like each rift was correlated and... pointing towards something


>It was still too early to tell what they were pointing too but they were definitely co-ordinated by something


>It seemed though, as usual, while Reverse World gets strange...giant insects and sugar, spice, and most things nice...Our Main Timeline later gets hard workers who happen to be ticking time bombs of violence, and more monsters.


>Through the rift, dozens and dozens of elsens fell down to the ground, the first 20 being squashed and killed under the weight of their brethren


>The living elsens looks terrified, before running off in search of help...


>...the dead ones don't stay that way for long, their arms twitching as they slowly get back up


>Something was happening in front of the Townziens eyes that seemed almost impossible but...


>20 elsens transformed from their former selves into strange grey snail themed orphnochs! The fact that so many had transformed...was unheard of, much less of the same kind


>Likely something to do with the rifts...but while most orphnochs are lucid and talk while transformed, these 20 creatures were almost wild beasts! breaking through windows, grabbing people and screaming at them, all demanding one thing "Suuuugar"


>they spread out through out the area of the town


>3 in the North District

>2 in the south
>2 in the west
>3 in the east

>Although they did all seem to be...eventually headed towards the central district

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 858841

>>858837
>>858839
>the guards would simply remain in their post as the wagon was slowly lead into the alternative path
>they wouldn't take their eyes off of it, following the wagon until they were absolutely certain it was out of their sight
...
...
>the larger guard lightly slapped his partner's arm
Come on, we gotta hurry!
>and in a burst of black embers and smoke, the two men vanished from the road





>meanwhile

>the travel down the dirt road was not as pleasant as the paved ones before, or even the dirt roads of the Nord lands
>the path was bumpy, with many holes and rocks, clearly not used often at all
>the trees only grew thicker as they moved forward, the wagon and the large reptile dragging it needing to sometimes force their way through the branches of the trees as the path grew narrower
>as the woods grew thicker, even the bright sunlight found it difficult to penetrate it, casting large dark shadows all around them
>as their journey continued, it became more and more difficult to tell if the sunlight was just being completely blocked, or if it was already nighttime
>some reprieve would be given to the travelers as the path once again began to open, the trees spreading further from one another to allow passage for the wagon, but still not enough to allow the Sun to shine down on them

>until, suddenly, after thirty or so minutes, the road came to an end

>it didn't meet with the paved road again, as it simply came to an end in a small shadowy clearing
>there seemed to be no clear path anywhere through the trees around the clearing except where they came from

>and standing right in the middle of the clearing, would be what seemed like a very old building or temple

>built entirely out of stone, the building looked positively ancient, covered in moss and vines, nearly engulfed by the flora that surrounded it
>it had no doors, but strangely, it would instead have two blocks of stone inscribed with unknown runes that crossed the opening, almost as if they were boarding up the temple
>the inside was pitch black, only very faint outlines of pillars able to be seen from the outside

Miki Yang Xiao Long!aLEJudith. 858843

File: 1416873788272.jpg (573.41 KB, 800x1333, 14658df981511842c8e1147bbf34e6…)

>>858840
>She'd been wandering around the North District window shopping at all the elite stores the rich hoarded over here so they didn't need to go across the city to get what they wanted.

...High end fashion isn't much different here then it is back home...

>With what money she had on her (which is a huge among given her status back home), she bought herself a nice coat and some extra clothing in case she was going to be here for a longer time then she expected.


>She was about to head back to "Base" (read Ros' place) when she head indigent gasps of the dignified.


My word!

Well I never!

Eh?

>What's when she saw the snail looking people harassing the wealthy.


Hey hey! Leave the rich people alone!

>She attempts the defuse the situation peacefully, though if she has to, she'll...

>Slug em~

RW Sebastian!.ZzGrellBs 858844

File: 1416873823490.png (40.66 KB, 237x208, Sebastian_OhHell.PNG)

>>858840

>It really is a marvel the mansion, for how different it felt, still had an entertainment center in the lounge. Sebastian, since coming to the manor, operated as under the radar as he could under the roof. He was careful to be little more than a shadow, a mysterious figure who occasionally someone may see in the corner of their eye but never directly.


>Hueco and the mysterious demon's words had troubled him vastly, to the point where he maintained the highest caution operating in the manor. He also communicated as much as he could with Mr. Lollipop as they waited for some answer Mr. Shishigami of Riftguard may provide towards their situation.


>The days had been entirely noneventful with such precautions, though Sebastian often would attempt to keep himself informed of the Town's goings ons when he found free time in between exploring the rather curious alternate Wayne Mansion (and summarily cleaning it with impulsive aplomb).


>Today, his glimpse of Town News delivers a gift in the form of a new monster attack. He's rather surprised to see the subject seem to be monsters of some kind, all growling and demanding 'sugar' as they ransacked local establishments and terrorized the populace.


>Sebastian watches, amazed by what he is seeing and also marginally confused. How had those creatures changed so suddenly into something else? And caught all on camera too!


Curious...?

>Sebastian's reminded of his very weak theory regarding himself and Mr. Lollipop. Though there was no proof, he strongly suspected that perhaps he and whomever was his counterpart in this world had exchanged places, explaining such a sudden jump and seeming lack of tear (or rift-like for this universe) activity.


>But was it connected? This seemed a little different compared to his and Mr. Lollipop's situation. They were isolated cases; this appeared to be a mass equivalent exchange of one monster with another.


>Or were they merely the guinea pigs, the test subjects for such swappings that were happening now in Town?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 858847

File: 1416874438751.png (8.17 KB, 100x100, Seriously.png)

>>858841

>At first, Xion sees nothing immediately wrong with the discomfort caused by the detour. It was natural that a side road wouldn't have much care or attention as a main road would have, and it was clear this was a road rarely traveled, if at all.

>The closeness of the trees and the blocked sunlight does unsettle Xion, her gaze cautiously turning towards the overgrown branches overhead. Her shoulders bunch together, her gaze shifting back ahead. She's privately glad the wagon had enough clearance to pass through the narrow and bumpy road, even if it wasn't terribly comfortable a trip.

>And, to her surprise, it didn't end back at the road she expected to find.


-! Huh-? A dead end?

>Xion stops Papa and stares ahead of them, at first disbelieving, then in nervousness. She stands and looks behind them and the way they came, but knows she did not see any detour or turn she might have missed.


>>858839

>Her gaze hardens, the Keyblade suddenly flashing to her hand in a dazzling light. She continues to stare behind them, almost expecting someone or something to be sneaking up behind them.


>Were those Droks really guards? Or were they bandits?


I have a bad feeling about this...

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 858854

File: 1416875830631.png (303.18 KB, 853x480, vlcsnap-2011-11-01-17h27m29s13…)

>>858841
>Crona would keep looking all around them as they made their way through the forest, now on guard and expecting something to happen
>given the enclosed area, with all of the trees to hide behind, and the forest enclosed in mostly darkness, it would be very easy for someone to jump out at them at any time
>the fact that this was swirling around in his head only made him more suspicious of the two Droks that they encountered earlier, thinking that they were definitely being set up
>it was only when they came to a stop that things seemed to be amiss, his gaze turning and falling upon the decrepit stone building before them

?

>>858847
>he heard Xion drawing her Keyblade and tensed up as well, though he'd keep his stare directed forward as he drew Ragnarok
>he'd sweep his eyes around the temple, trying to see if anyone was hiding nearby, his Wavelength sparking along Ragnarok's blade

.....

>after a second or two, he'd lean over and mutter to Xion


Hey...

Didn't those two we met in the village mention a temple...?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 858863

File: 1416876472522.png (212.69 KB, 500x564, Dualwiedling For Dummies.png)

>>858854

Hmn?

>Xion glances out of the corner of her eye towards Crona, her hard expression still apparent on her own face. She turns around to look at the temple herself, taking note of the fairly decrepit nature of it, as well as the runes printed on the two stones sat in the front of it.

>She does remember the two from the village, but they couldn't be the two guards they just saw; how could you fake having four arms?

>Xion narrows her eyes suspiciously at the temple, then looks to Crona again.


I do, but...you don't think they have something to do with the Droks on the road, do you?

>Were they in cahoots?

>Xion looks back behind them cautiously, her Keyblade swinging back to her side.

...Should we try turning Papa around and going back?

>She didn't see anything down the gloomy path they came from. At most this would be an hour setback...

858868

File: 1416876676909.jpg (73.74 KB, 220x303, 555-vi-snail.jpg)

>>858844

>The 3 in the north district briefly look to Miki and blink a few times


>They tapped their chins wondering just why they should stop


>One of them starts thinking on the logic that Miki's coat must have pockets, which might have sugar in them


>It goes running towards miki and tries to grab her coat


Roll 1d1000 = 581
>odds

>>858844

>Sebastian would be a witness as the snail creature grasps onto a man's throat and strangles him for lack of giving them sugar


>The snail creature drops the man, who's body lights one fire with a blue flame before collapsing into sand...

Miki Yang Xiao Long!aLEJudith. 858880

File: 1416877424708.gif (1.9 MB, 500x500, tumblr_n7wc3jpqhI1rec90to1_500…)

>>858868
>Oh hell no he did not just grab her brand-spanking new coat! It's go-time punk!

Hey! Hands off the arachne silk coat bucko!!

>She rears back a fist and her weapon activates as she swings it forward to strike the snail right in it's face.

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 803

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 858887

File: 1416877767335.png (168.87 KB, 500x326, Getting Really Sick Of Your Sh…)

>>858863
>Crona kept his stare on the temple itself, still waiting for something to happen
>he wasn't sure if the two from the village were working with the Droks or not, but either way this whole situation smelled of something going wrong
>at Xion's question, he only gave a short nod before answering

Yeah, we should definitely go back.

>he'd turn and look behind them as well, starting to sweep his eyes all around to see if there was anything even remotely suspicious


We can find a way past the two on the road if we have to.

It'd definitely be safer than sticking around here...

RW Sebastian!.ZzGrellBs 858893

File: 1416878430283.jpg (69.87 KB, 674x598, Sebastian_EvenIDoNotKnowWhatTo…)

>>858868

>Sebastian winces, and in a sympathetic response, rubs his own neck. He frowns, discontent with the graphic images shown on the news broadcast, and wonders just how brave the camera-man is for so bravely facing such shocking scenes enough to film it.


...

>He glances briefly at the door, his eyes narrowing thoughtfully. These creatures all seemed to be desiring one particular thing.

>And while he is aware in this universe that Wayne Manor is not part of Equestria, he feels that he cannot in good faith ignore what was happening on the screen either. There had to be something he could do, yes?

...

>His red gaze hardening. Sebastian quickly exits the lounge and heads swiftly to the kitchen, his coattails flaring behind him as he goes.

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 858894

>>858863
>>858887
>while the dark clearing remained silent for a long time, just as the two began to ready themselves to go back, something started to move
>what it was would be impossible to see, only starting as a vague feeling of being watched
>but then, there would be movement, shadows moving from behind the trees
>whatever it was, it moved quickly, jumping from side to side as it surrounded the large wagon

RW Sebastian!.ZzGrellBs 858895

File: 1416878700027.png (113.28 KB, 500x500, Don't Freaking Touch Me!.png)

>>858887

>Xion nods and sits back into her seat. She takes up the reigns for Papa in her hands, the Keyblade now resting in her lap, and looks around, hoping the space had enough clearance to let them turn the wagon around.


>>858894

>However, she doesn't manage to get the large lizard to move before she catches sight of movement in the trees.

>She drops the reigns and picks back up the Keyblade, a bright glow emanating from it as her magic primes itself for casting at a moment's notice.

Crona-did you see that?!

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 858896

File: 1416879119133.png (198.75 KB, 541x304, I Swear, If You Point That At …)

>>858894
>while Xion sat back down to get them moving again, Crona would keep staring behind them, looking all around for anything that seemed even slightly amiss

-!

>and this time, he was fortunate enough to find something


>>858895

I saw it!

>he'd stand up on his seat on the wagon and activate his Soul Perception, trying to get a proper view of what just moved by them

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 858898

>>858895
>>858896
>as the swordsman's Soul Perception scoured the area, he would find that there was nothing around them
>no souls at all would surround the clearing, indicating that not even animals seemed to get near it
>yet despite this, the movements of something kept creeping closer and closer
>a bush shook, a twig broke, and at least two small shadowy forms could sometimes be seen
>until, suddenly, the leaped right into the clearing, revealing their identity to the travelers...

>as two hares

>one spotted and brown, with a magenta nose
>the other grey and white, with a blue nose
>they stared up at the large wagon, curiously hopping closer to it

858909

File: 1416880549313.jpg (7.72 KB, 191x264, images (15).jpg)

>>858840
>Meanwhile in the South district, a girl who had been displaced through several worlds had been out on the town.

>After all, she had a bunch of bits with her when she arrived, and if she was going to be stuck here a while, she needed at least a few pairs of clothes.


>Currently she was eating lunch at a cafe, her bags taking up a seat beside her.


>And then suddenly there's a bunch of little guys in suits running past, and then she hears a crash and when she turns to look, a creepy bug monster has burst through the window and is screaming at them.


>Roll 1d1000 = 523 Odds, the girl lets out a shriek of terror as well, and is too scared to move at the moment, her legs not seeming to respond when she tries to tell them to.

-------------------------------------------------------------

>Evens, She manages to pull herself together enough to keep from screaming, and actually hears the demand.


>She then wobbles to her feet and turns to the monsterous humanoid.


"Just...s-stay r-right...there...okay? I...I...I'll get you s-some s-sugar...just...don't...hurt any...one...okay?"

>It'll go away if it gets what it wants, right? Sure it'll probably cost her a bit, but, if it means noone gets hurt....


"I...I just need to go to the counter...okay? We aren't planning on resisting, s-so...so just calm down and wait for me to back...okay?"

>Not wanting to break eye contact with the thing, she starts backing away, hoping the barista hasn't already escaped somehow.

858970

File: 1416884151103.jpg (73.74 KB, 220x303, 555-vi-snail.jpg)

>>858880

>The snail manages to hang on and narrowly ducks out of the way of Miki's punch


>It tries to swing using Miki's coat to kick her off of her feet


Roll 1d1000 = 874
>odds success

>If it's successful, the snail monster stands imposingly above Miki before trying to grab at her neck


Give me...sugar...

>It demands in an angry voice


>The other two in the area manage to break into a grocery store and start gulping down sugar.



>>858893

>Sebastians assumptions about the sudden monsters being correlated with his switch would be correct, not that he'd know yet...


>The monsters a few miles away in town are blissfully unaware of what the benevolent demon butler plans.


>>858909

>While Mira is screaming, the snail monster in the area...responds by scarfing down her lunch before trying to grab at her


Roll 1d1000 = 880
>odds

__________________________________

>...elsewhere in the town however, deep in smart brain HQ, the sudden mass births of orphnochs caused the mysterious heads to ponder what was going on


>This couldn't be coincidence, and there was no way it was natural


>The current CEO of the company turned to the Town's Rider representative, giving him some sort of...detector like device


>The Rider, Kaixa nodded before walking out of the building...

858977

File: 1416884914591.jpg (8.32 KB, 271x186, download (2).jpg)

>>858970
>When the snail monster tries to grab her, after being a horrible creep and snatching up her food that wasn't even that sugary, she dodges out of the way, or well seems to. Though her movements are a bit odd, almost as if she got pulled out of the way by something, instead of dodging of her own volition.

>Followed by her mumbling something breathlessly as if to herself.


"...Thank you...Girls."

>As this is happening, there's already a figure who appeared out of nowhere leaping forwards in an attempt to slam a fist into the monster's face. There's something rather unnatural seeming about the woman, but her fist is the more pressing concern.


>Roll 1d1000 = 590 Evens hit.

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859174

File: 1416895811687.png (45.42 KB, 222x192, Ah Maybe That's A Bit Much.PNG)

>>858896

>Xion tenses, her grip doubling on her Keyblade as she glares around them...


>>858898

>Roll 1d1000 = 152


>odds, she spots the source of the noise and stares dumbly, the magic aura in her Keyblade abruptly dying off.


>evens, she actually facefaults off of the wagon and hits the dirt with a soft thump.


---

>Either way, her disbelieving shout echoes in the forest.


It was just a couple of bunnies?!

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859175

File: 1416896268333.png (88.81 KB, 222x300, I Didn't See Nothin', I Don't …)

>>858898

.....

>just about everything about this situation both confused and unnerved Crona, as he stared down at the two rabbits that had escaped from the forest

>he'd soon slip back down into his seat and continue to stare at them-

>>859174
>until he hears Xion fall off of the wagon and land in the dirt, turning to stare at her in surprise
>he'd soon hop off to help her up, though he'd keep staring at the hares as he did

Yeah...

A couple of soulless bunnies with weirdly-coloured noses...

>he spoke in an uneasy tone, as if to hint that they shouldn't assume there was nothing to worry about just yet

>or that could just be because of the hares themselves
>he did not have a pleasant history with rabbits at all

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859177

>>859174
>>859175
>the two hares would curiously stare as Xion fell off the wagon and onto the ground
>their noses would twitch, the two animals just looking around with no real aim
>one hopped forward, the other following it as they approached the wagon, and then stopped, staring back at Crona
...
...
>the blue-nosed hare would then leap forward, right on top of the wagon
>its mouth opened, then closed over the traveler's map, the animal taking it then quickly leaping off of the wagon again carrying the map
>roll to interrupt

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859179

File: 1416897070495.png (37.04 KB, 227x212, And then the bass dropped.png)

>>859175

>Xion sits up with a grunt and rubs at her face, which is dirty from hitting the dusty ground below the wagon.

>She squints and glances to Crona, her expression vacant at first, then startled the next.

>Soulless bunnies?


>>859177

>Roll 1d1000 = 715 odds, Xion spies the hare's shenanigans and namely what it grabbed, and jolts


Crona, the map-!

>She jumps for the bunny with a shout, and...


>Roll 1d1000 = 907 odds, grabs it when she hits the dirt again.

>if grab:

A-HA!

>evens for top, she doesn't catch what it's taken before it jumps from the wagon

>evens for bottom, standard fail

>evens for both, she's absolutely clueless what happened

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859181

File: 1416897478153.png (67.58 KB, 244x273, What the fuck is that.png)

>>859177
>>859179

Huh?

>Crona would turn at Xion's call, watching her suddenly leap away from him and snatch up the other rabbit

>he'd stare in confusion and surprise, but then notice that the rabbit was holding their map in its mouth

-!

>with that thought in mind, he immediately turns to the other rabbit and lunges for it, preemptively hoping to catch it before it tried anything

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 722

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859184

>>859179
-!
>the hare would be caught in Xion's gloved hands, its entire body trying to squirm out of her grasp
>its long hind legs would kick out in an attempt to strike her right in the chin and release it
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 362

>>859181
-!?
>the blue-nosed rabbit would also quickly be caught by the swordsman, his arms wrapping tightly around it
>then, it would be lifted into the air, above the swordsman's head, to shocked and confused to even start struggling against the hold

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859186

File: 1416898221824.png (30.69 KB, 209x174, Ew no nasty pervert thoughts g…)

>>859181
>>859184

>Xion struggles to stand, lifting the hare as she fusses with the kicking rodent. Her nose scrunched and eyes narrowed, Xion carefully manages to avoid the struggling feet of the hare.


No you don't, Mr. Squirmy-Bun!

>Roll 1d1000 = 724


>odds, Xion hugs it to her chest and finishes standing, her arms constricting around its small body to limit its movement (and maybe how much it can breathe too).


>evens, Xion just can't seem to control the hare effectively, still fussing and struggling with it, much to her chagrin.


Crona-! I can't-mmff! I can't get a good grab on it!

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859188

File: 1416898953566.png (82.39 KB, 244x273, I saw what you did there and I…)

>>859184
>even Crona was a bit surprised at how easily he snatched up the other rabbit, having somehow moved to holding it above his head without even realizing it
>but he quickly snaps out of it and lowers the rabbit, instead grabbing it by the ears and holding it out away from him
>he'd then turn back to the wagon, and with his free hand started pushing luggage around to try and find something
>>859186
>at Xion's cry, he'd look back and shout in a slightly panicked voice, his free hand rummaging around faster

Grab his ears!

Grab his ears and hold him away from you, he won't be able to hit you like that!

Roll 1d1000 = 855
>evens, he manages to find a length of rope buried in their supplies and pulls it out
>odds, no such luck, his search coming up empty-handed

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859189

>>859186
>the hare simply continues to struggle and squirm in the Dragonborn's hand, desperately trying to break free of her grip
>it swung its hind leg back again, looking to hit her nose to hopefully release it, and make a dash towards the decrepit temple

>>859188
>the blue-nosed rabbit would start to squirm as it held by its ears, it legs flailing in the air
>its head would turn wildly, the rabbit trying to reach at, and sink its teeth on the swordsman's hand
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 734

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859190

>>859189
>first roll
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 721

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859191

File: 1416899879703.png (43.31 KB, 339x143, AUGHHHHH.PNG)

>>859188

>With a determined grunt, Xion continues to fuss with the hare, her hand making its way to its ears, as Crona directed...


>>859189
>>859190

>But, without her hand to hold is down, it leaves the hare free to kick her right on the nose.


-OW!

>Without thinking, Xion drops the hare and holds her face, staggering back with a pained wince. Her eyes are squeezed shut from the pain shooting through her face, a throbbing sensation radiating from the impact spot.


I dink it broke my nodes!

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859193

File: 1416900269114.png (106.26 KB, 222x249, JESUS CHRIST WHAT.png)

>>859189
>>859190
>suffice to say, the search did not go well
>instead of finding a length of rope, he would find that wide-brimmed hat that he bought back in Storm's Nest, which he sorely regretted now that he was staring at it again
>>859191
>he'd hear Xion let out a pained shout and look back again, watching the rabbit bolt away from her and towards the temple

Merda!

>wasting no time, he tore away from the wagon and started chasing after the rabbit


Roll 1d1000 = 560
>evens, manages to hang onto the one he was already carrying at the same time
>odds, winds up letting go of it before he runs off

>either way, he runs after the rabbit that was holding the map, and tries to grab it by the nape of its neck before it can get into the temple


Roll 1d1000 = 325
>evens, manages to pull it off
>odds, the bounding bunny is just too fast for him

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859194

>>859191
>>859193
>the red-nosed rabbit would move its long legs as fast as it could as soon as it was freed, quickly making it halfway between the Keyblade wielder and the temple
>even as the swordsman leaped to grab it, the hare proved too fast for him and managed to escape his grasp, continue its mad dash towards the dark building
Roll 1d1000 = 315
>evens, in its hurry, the hare nearly trips over its own legs, slowing down slightly before it reached the temple
>odds, its speeds into the dark temple, leaping inside between the wide gaps in the stones covering the entrance

>the blue-nosed rabbit is only dragged along by the swordsman, unable to do much from its position

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859195

File: 1416901131586.png (33.8 KB, 258x216, IAmNOTAnIT.PNG)

>>859193

>Xion squints through the pain and staggers forward, but moves far too slowly compared to Crona, and especially the hare swiftly speeding away from them both.


H-Hey-!

>>859194

>Too late! Xion sees the furry rodent speed into the dark temple with their map in tow, leaving them both outside, one hare in the hand but the other gone in the dark interior.

>Xion skids to a stop and stares at the gap where the hare had vanished in disbelief, then moans and pulls her hand away from her face.

I can't belieb dis!

>Roll 1d1000 = 625 odds, Xion's nose looks broken, and it seemed to bleed a little on her glove


>evens, while her nose is bruised and purple, it doesn't look offset or broken

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859196

File: 1416901633173.png (111.85 KB, 217x258, DUDE! Not Cool!.png)

>>859194
>Crona would skid to a halt just in front of the temple, watching the hare leap inside with a frustrated glare

Figlio di una cagna!

>he'd slam his free hand against the stones, clearly not pleased with the fact that they'd now have to go into the temple that they tried to avoid before


>>859195
>he'd look over at Xion as she approached, noticing the strange tone to her voice and the blood coming from her nose
>he'd wince and draw closer, trying to get a better look at the damage

Geez, he really did a number on you...

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859197

>>859195
>>859196
>the blue-nosed rabbit would almost seem to be grinning as the other hare managed to get safely inside the temple
>unfortunately, it would still be dangling by its ears on the swordsman's hand, which it showed its displeasure by continuing to struggle and try to slip out from between his finger
>Roll 1d1000 = 929
>odds and over 500 only, the rabbit's ears slide right out of the swordsman's hand, and it quickly dashes towards the temple as well

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859199

File: 1416902631711.png (22.68 KB, 330x105, Draaaaamaboooomb!.PNG)

>>859196

Bunnies have strong kicks, Crona...

>Xion grumbles and tenderly touches her nose, glancing sullenly at him for a second, before looking to the hare hanging from his hand.


Well, we got one-?

>>859197

-!

HEY!

>Xion's eyes snap wide and with a jerk she dives at the hare, her gloves hands coming down like claws to grip.


>Roll 1d1000 = 940


>odds, she snatches the bun by the haunches and hauls it up quickly, this time not willing to try and be nice with it


>dub/trip odds, she actually lands on the hare in a 'WHUMP!'


---

>evens, WHAM!


>Xion's momentum lets her hit the stone face-first, the hare popping through the same hole the first one had used


>dub evens, Xion actually smashes through the stones from her momentum.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859200

File: 1416902824789.png (71.06 KB, 184x179, The FUCK Did You Just Say!.pn…)

>>859197
>>859199

-?!

>Crona would feel the rabbit slip out of his hand, quickly turning his head down to watch it bolt away


MERDA!

>letting out another curse, he'd tear after the rabbit, hoping to snatch it at the last second


Roll 1d1000 = 84
>evens, just barely manages to nab it by the nape of its neck
>odds, WHAM, and he smacks face-first into the stone beside Xion

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859202

>>859199
>the hare would almost leap up and click its heels together as it managed to make through the stones-
>>859200
>yank!
>but the swordsman would reach right into the gap and grab it
>the hare flailed its paws, clawing at the ground to try and prevent itself from being dragged back outside
>however, the red-nosed rabbit would suddenly jump in, bearing its teeth to bit down on the swordsman's hand to get him to let go of the other hare
>odds Roll 1d1000 = 320

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859206

File: 1416903571225.png (198.75 KB, 541x304, I Swear, If You Point That At …)

>>859202
>Crona grit his teeth as he just managed to grasp the hare's fur as he tried to crawl through the stones, letting out a low growl

I am getting really annoyed with-

>he'd then catch something coming out of the corner of his eye, seeing the hare leap for him


-!

>he'd then pull his hand back out of the gap to avoid getting bit by the red-nosed hare

Roll 1d1000 = 690
>evens, keeps his grip on the blue-nosed one while doing so
>odds, his grip slips and he lets go of it in trying to get away

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859207

>>859206
>the blue-nosed hare gets pulled out of the temple, trapped once again in the swordsman's hand
>the red-nose rabbit would look out the large gap, but quickly run further into the temple, disappearing in the darkness

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859208

File: 1416904016784.jpg (54.14 KB, 319x564, Brushing Close.JPG)

>>859200
>>859202
>>859207
>>859206

>Xion groans and slowly pushes herself off the stone, holding her face again with her hand. Her other quickly summons her Keyblade, her fingers gently massaging the bridge of her nose to set it as right as she can.


Curaga!

>Thankfully, this particular spell isn't affected by her nose, and in a fine sprinkle of magic she feels the pain wash away from her face.

>She dispels her Keyblade and tenderly pulls her hand away, to see she bled even more onto her glove. With a grimace, she pulls it off, then uses her other gloved hand to wipe off her face before pulling it off as well.

Ick...

>Xion glances to Crona, and sees to her relief that he managed to drag one of the hares out of the hole between the stones. Unfortunately, while it wasn't the one with their map, it still was a hare, and that was better than being left empty handed.


You got it Crona?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859209

File: 1416904561762.png (204.49 KB, 853x480, vlcsnap-2011-11-01-17h43m51s21…)

>>859207
>Crona would growl angrily again as the red-nosed rabbit bolted away, but it'd fade rather quickly as he'd turn his attention to the one still in his hand

.....

>suddenly, he'd lean closer to it and grin, his mouth spreading wide to show off all of his teeth, his pupils shrinking to only heighten how unhinged he looked


I'll have you know that I'm very good at making rabbit stew.

Just so you know~

>>859208
>his unsettling warning given, he'd then quickly snap back to a normal face as he turned to look at Xion

Yeah, I've got it for now.

>he'd hold the hare out from away from him, but still keep his grip on the nape of its neck

>he'd then take on a more concerned tone when speaking to Xion

You alright...?

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859210

>>859208
>>859209
>at the look given to it by the swordsman, the hare's eyes would widen nervously
>it trembled, but otherwise remain perfectly still, glancing all around as if hoping something would come to rescue it at the last second

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859211

File: 1416905009597.jpg (52.62 KB, 336x334, Couldn't Help_Even Now.jpg)

>>859209

I think so now...mnngh, my nose is going to be tender for a while though. Curaga isn't the Horse Talisman, it doesn't really heal broken anything...

>Xion crams her gloves in her pockets, then looks back to Crona. She stares at him for a while, looking between him and the hare a few times.


...

>>859210

>After the third pass, she looks at Crona in particular, and shifts awkwardly.

>She remembers his tales about Medusa, rare as they were, and about his past.
>Granted, he hated to dwell on it for very long, but it still was something she'd pick up or hold onto where she could.

She really did make you do that for food, didn't she...?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859212

File: 1416905362430.png (358.05 KB, 1023x579, Dem Feels, Man....png)

>>859210
>>859211
>Crona would turn his attention back to the rabbit around the time Xion asked her question, his expression changing to a clearly uneasy, uncomfortable one
>though it wasn't aimed her way, Xion would easily be able to see it, as Crona would stare at the rabbit in his hand, in the same position many many others had been before

.....

>clearly uncomfortable with the subject, he'd give a very brief, clipped answer


Yeah, she did...

>he'd then walk towards the wagon again and lean over the back, starting to search through the supplies again


Well...looks like we can't exactly turn and leave now...

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859385

File: 1416952799518.png (61.15 KB, 250x276, Cooking For Idiots.PNG)

>>859212

>A clipped and short answer like always. It still visibly affected him when something that reminded him of his past.

>She's reminded of the incident with the crazy nearly-naked person, another time that reminded Crona of his darker past. Although he said little, Xion knew his pain still ran deep inside of him. It just never came out, if at all.

>Crona did prefer to not think about it at all...even if Xion thought that he needed to talk instead of keeping it all bottled up.


...

>Xion looks back to the wagon and the path behind them with an unhappy expression, her shoulders slumped for now.

>She glances to the hare Crona caught, then folds her arms.

So what should we do with Peter Rabbit?

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859387

File: 1416953238319.png (147.65 KB, 268x295, Don't Mind Me, Just Waiting Fo…)

>>859385

Well...

>still holding the rabbit in one hand, Crona would pick up one of their smaller bags from the luggage, evidentially carrying some of their food

>he'd then upend the bag and dump the contents into the rest of the luggage, before turning away and placing the rabbit into the leather bag

I think he should stick with us until we find out just what is going on here.

And this way he can't get away from us.

>he'd look into the opening of the bag, keeping it open enough so the rabbit could breathe, a hard stare leveled at the creature


And you'd better not try anything, understand?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859388

File: 1416953906073.jpg (112.34 KB, 448x587, Dude You Opened Pandoras Box.j…)

>>859387

>With Crona handling the hare, Xion turns around again and walks back to the decrepit temple, peering through the hole the other hare had disappeared through, and then examining the runes etched on the stones blocking the entrance.

>Her arms drop to her side, her fingers impatiently twitching as she looked the unfamiliar etchings over. It isn't entirely untrue that they could just leave and go back to the village. Perhaps they would be able to find another map at a shop there?

>Though there was no absolute guarantee that they would; it would eat into their supplies and be a day's waste at least if they did it.


>With a huff, Xion steps back and summons her Keyblade. She readies herself with a spell, the magic gathering at the tip of her Keyblade taking on a purple aura as she focused.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859391

File: 1416956928768.jpg (31.53 KB, 512x288, PUPPY DOG EYES ACTIVATE.jpg)

>>859388
>once it seemed as though the bunny was secure, Crona turned and walked over to where Xion was, stopping beside her to stare at the temple
>this all seemed to be going about too well, in his mind - those two talked about a temple in the forest that would somehow help Xion, and kept insisting that they go there despite their own decision
>then they just happened to get detoured into the forest anyway, and now they have to enter the temple because a crazy rabbit just happened to take their map
>this was a set-up, without a doubt

>running a hand through his hair as he let out a resigned sigh, he looked over at Xion and noticed her more agitated expression


...are you alright, Xion...?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859473

File: 1416968692859.png (35.4 KB, 500x556, I KNOCKED SOMEONE TO THE MOOOO…)

>>859391

THUNDAGA!

>Without warning, Xion swings her Keyblade right at the stones blocking the entrance.


>A corona of purple light flares from the Keyblade and with a loud 'CRRRRRACK!' a bolt of lightning as thick as a sewer pipe shoots out right at the stones blocking the entrance.


>(Effect up to DM)

Valorcall!bXgeUCIUnk 859481

>>859473
>BOOM!
>the stones boarding up the entrance to the temple would easily burst before the bolt of lighting, shattering into rubble and dust
>the sound of the explosion would echo inside the ancient temple's walls, but there would be no other movement or sound coming from within

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859482

File: 1416969816915.png (88.81 KB, 222x300, I Didn't See Nothin', I Don't …)

>>859473
>>859481

-!

>Crona jumped up a bit when Xion suddenly shouted and let loose with a powerful bolt of lightning

>he'd watch as the blast ruined the entrance to the stone temple, his eyes wide with surprise as it crumbled to nothing before him

.....

>he'd then slowly turn to look at Xion again, a more awkward smile on his face, immediately hoping he wasn't going to say the wrong thing


...I'll take that as a no...?

Xion!.ZzGrellBs 859491

File: 1416970285845.png (20.21 KB, 183x337, Look Up At The Sky and Say No.…)

>>859481
>>859482

...

>Xion grumps and dismisses her Keyblade, turning around to face Crona again. Her characteristic displeased pout is on display full force, her brows furrowed and shoulders bunched.


Whatever's going on, whoever's responsible for all this?

>She points at herself.


I'm going to kick their butt for wasting our time and stealing our map!

Starting with that bunny!

>She spins around and marches into the decrepit temple, her heels clacking for every step she takes. The hem of her cloak swishes as she marches on, her petite and dark figure slowly melting into the shadowy interior with little difficulty.

Crona Makenshi!pinkie78Os 859501

File: 1416970919739.png (67.58 KB, 244x273, What the fuck is that.png)