[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]

/rp/ - Roleplaying

The board for roleplaying and roleplaying discussion.
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Flags
Password (For file deletion.)

Site maintenance in progress! Posts made now may be lost.

Ponychan-MLPchan Merger >>>/site/15219

File: 1414224125637.jpg (467.46 KB, 775x500, akira-1987-002-city-skyline.jp…)

Dark Moon: Business as usual Edition Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845079[Last 50 Posts]

>Welcome to Dark Moon!
#Pseudo-canon: Open Equestria#Ask/Invite#Cyberpunk
>This is a thread set in the near-future year of 1997, where Harmony has fallen to the forces of greed, mistrust, and violence. It's a dark world that the people inhabit, but there are points of light out there in the darkness…. And great evils. It's a time of terrorists, spies, renegades, and mercenaries. Of law, and lawlessness. Hope, for most of the populace, has long been extinguished, and magic slowly starts to vanish from the world, as mysterious forces both corporate and ancient make plays to control the populace…
>This is the world of the Dark Moon.
>[Character note: Corporate heads are reserved for managers only.]

>Ninth Thread: Business as usual Edition

>Lore: https://docs.google.com/document/d/115UND6WJZin8ufpfxPWAm5SlH0d1DWeincbNT8UJlY0/pub
>Cafeteria(OOC): https://mlpchan.net/rp/res/845065.html
>DataPress Headlines…

"Machine found after shootout"
>Following a shootout near the parade route a 'mechanical corpse' was reportedly discovered in the aftermath. Before any confirming investigations could be made by our journalists or Authority personal, Daedalus mercenary units where already on site, restricting access to the scene and claiming, quote: "[having] everything under control".
"Silasian Ambassador found dead"
>Room service at the Grand Canterlot hotel received a horrible shock upon discovering the dead Ambassador. Although cause and circumstances surrounding the death have not been officially released yet, it is speculated the Ambassador was assassinated due to message found on the wall of the room he was discovered in.
----
[Public Service Announcement]
>Nightmare Night is drawing near and with it we would like to remind citizens and their families about costume and candy collection safety. For more information on the following, please refer to [net domain]..............
This post was edited by its author on .

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845196

>Lurk

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845198

>>845196
>Ready when you are.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845202

>>845198
>Alrighty then, *ahem*:

>As usual, it was raining. This rain however was colder and more biting then the rest of the year and the few trees that could be found in the concrete jungle that was Canterlot where already losing their leaves. Summer was long over and Autumn was already in fullswing.

>Doing his best to shield himself from the rain with an upturned collar and a decent umbrella was a lone pony, going about his business. At least, he was until he saw a familiar apartment building.
>He checked the time. Standing still in the rain a little longer then would be comfortable,having a silent debate with himself, he eventually comes to a conclusion and quickly saunters across the road after checking both ways.

>Within the next several minutes, there would be a knock on Open and Lurches apartment door. Not a particularly hard knock, it could have been lost over the noise of the TV for example, but it was still a knock.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845204

>>845202
>Open is watching TV, in fact. He's sprawled out on his back on the couch, legs up in the air, absentmindedly flipping through the channels. When he hears a knock at the door, however, he tilts his head up and stares at it for a moment.
OPEN: ...
>He breathes a deep and heavy breath and begrudgingly flips over.
OPEN: Lurch, do you think you could get that for me?
>Lurch pokes his head out of the bedroom and just grunts. Having done that, he trots swiftly over to the door and opens it.
LURCH: Yeah?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845207

>>845204
"Oh, 'ello mister Lurch.."
>The forced smiling and damp face of the CPD officer who took their statements greeted Lurch through the now open doorway.
"May I, take some of your time?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845208

>>845207
>Lurch blinked, then nodded.
...Of course.
>He steps back, allowing the stallion to enter.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845211

>>845208
"Thank you, I'll try not to step on the carpet.."
>He sidled inside past Lurch into the apartment. One thing Lurch may notice is that their policeman guest was not actually wearing the uniform under his raincoat once he removed it.
"....Sorry for not calling beforehoof."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845214

>>845211
>Lurch just grunts, slips past the officer and closes the door behind him.

>Open, meanwhile, glances up again and catches sight of the newcomer.

OPEN: Oh, well... it's no big deal, Officer. I'm sure you're all very busy down there.
>He quickly shuts off the TV and hops off the couch.
OPEN: Having said that, to what do we owe the pleasure?
This post was edited by its author on .

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845219

>>845214
"...I'm going to be honest. This visit isn't on police time."
>He folded up his raincoat and tucked it under his foreleg. The forced smile slipped a bit, in fact he completely let it fade away after a second with a hearty sigh.
"I'm here because my hoofs are tied."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845223

>>845219
>Lurch just blinks, but Open does the officer the courtesy of arching an eyebrow.
OPEN: ...How so?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845252

>>845223
"That case, we were making progress. We actually managed to match the knife marks to a stabbing a while ago. It wasn't front page but some kid made a miraculous recovery after being shot in the heart, found the day after stabbed in his cot. Both the bullet and knife marks where the same."
>He looked to lurch and back to open.
"That case was buried. Once we started making connections... "
>He held open the left breast of his jacket, an empty space where the badge used to be.
"Suspended from duty, because I wouldn't let go of the case."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845254

>>845252
LURCH: ...
>Lurch narrows his eyes at the officer and lets out a soft grunt.
LURCH: I see where this is going.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845267

>>845254
"A few others got close to being outright fired once an Auth shows up with papers demanding the evidence for both cases be transferred to their custody."
>He shakes his head.
"Unlike them, I don't have a retirement fund on the line."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845270

>>845267
OPEN: ...I see.
>Open lets out a heavy sigh.
OPEN: Well, I'm very sorry to hear that.
LURCH: But what's it got to do with us?
>Open cringes and shoots Lurch a withering glance.
OPEN: Lurch...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845290

>>845270
"It's okay, I just wanted to let you know what's happened, but more importantly.."
>The 'officer' fixed his gaze squarely on Lurch.
"..I don't know when to quit. When I interviewed the both of you, you stopped mister Open from saying something. What was it?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845308

>>845290
>Open blinks and suppresses the urge to cringe.
OPEN: ...
>He exchanges a glance with Lurch. After a few moments, Lurch sighs and glares at Open.
LURCH: You're not actually considering this, are you?
OPEN: Hush. We can't fix everything.
>Open sighs heavily and hops off the couch.
OPEN: What's your name, sir?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845327

>>845308
>He looked confused for a second but cleared his throat.
"..Street Walker, most call me walker."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845332

>>845327
OPEN: Alright then, Mr. Walker.
>Open shoots Lurch a look, then continues.
OPEN: I want you to be up front with me. Is this case going to be your white whale?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 845343

>Lurk

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845344

>>845332
"White whale? What do whales have t-"
>Then the meaning hits him.
"...Ooh. That kind of whale.. If you want the truth, it may very well be. It might be naive of me, but I will not lie I am fed up with not being able do my job, to protect and serve, because someones dollar doesn't like it."
>He stalled for a second afterwards... realizing he may have overanswered..
"..Sorry.."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845372

>>845344
>Open smirks and glances up at Lurch, waving his eyebrows in his direction.
OPEN: That good enough for you, Lurch?
>Lurch sighs and rolls his eyes, then trots off towards the bedroom.
LURCH: I'll get the disk.

>>845343
I don't suppose you're still here?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845379

>>845372
>Relief and a level of bewilderment had found their way onto Walkers face, reaching the conclusion he had passed whatever test they decided to put him through with a sigh.
"Thank you, this means a lot."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845385

>>845379
OPEN: You're welcome.
>Open takes a deep breath.
OPEN: ...Of course, I should probably mention that this might end up being a little dangerous for us. But I assume you'd already figured that out.

>Lurch trots out of the bedroom a moment later, a plastic DVD case balanced on his head.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845408

>>845385
>Walker looked between the case and Open, thinking of asking whether the disk was razor bladed but he wasn't that thick.
"We should probably close those blinds then."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845415

>>845408
OPEN: Hm? Oh... yes, of course.
>Open trots over towards the blinds and closes them. At much the same time, Lurch comes to a stop in front of Walker and looks him in the eyes.
LURCH: Winch gave this to Open the night before he died. He was planning to make some kind of video series on the Internet, and the disk in this case contains everything that was on his camera.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845449

>>845415
>Walkers eyes noticeably widen as Lurch explains.
"Data from before that masked guy tampered with it? Wait, was this for safe keeping or did he know he was going to die?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845457

>>845449
LURCH: He was in danger, and he knew that. There's a recording on there where he says he needed a second copy somewhere else... in case something happened. He wanted us to hold onto it until he could come and pick it up.
>Lurch hesitated a moment, then sighed.
LURCH: ...So no, I don't think he was expecting to die. He was just--

>Suddenly, Open lets out a loud shot and slams his hoof into his forehead.

OPEN: Wh-- the vest! That was-- Ohhhh, sweet mother Celestia, that's how they found him!

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845478

>>845457
>The loud shout taking him completely by surprise in this supposed to be quite moment he almost leaps out of his skin, settling for half an inch off the floor.
"W-what? The vest?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845484

>>845478
OPEN: The vest! Turner had a vest that he always wore. It was his... father's, I think, and he always wanted to keep it in good condition. There was a blue stain on it the night he died, and he said in the video that he'd gotten hit with it. It was tracking gel! That's how they found him!
>Lurch blinks and leans back slightly.
LURCH: It was what?
OPEN: Tracking gel! You know, like some kind of... substance... that has a bunch of tiny GPS's in it or something? I don't know, I'm not an engineer! But do you have a better idea? It was blue! What could possibly stain your clothing blue in a gunfight?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845501

>>845484
"I think I've heard of this stuff, yeah.. So.."
>Walker rubs his chin at the idea.
"..I know there was something on his vest from the forensics report. How would you get this gel onto him though? If he was sprayed or hit with it why was the patch so small?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845503

>>845501
OPEN: I... don't know, honestly. Maybe they had some kind of special cartridge or something?
>Open sighs and trots back over to join the group.
OPEN: I mean, to be clear, that's just speculation on my part. But I feel like... well, it makes sense to me. I don't know about the rest of it.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845514

>>845503
"It's the best way to explain how his killer found him so far aside from following him. We never figured an MO but, call it a hunch, If he was followed, I think he might have been dead before he could give you that DVD. Though, something like.. a small paintball gun might work.."
>He curses softly before continuing.
"I wish I had the report with me. Right now we've got a possible method of tracking but I'm still lacking motive at this point, I'm willing to bet wiping the camera and doing what he did to the computer has something to do with it."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845515

>>845514
>Lurch lets out a soft chuckle and bows towards the officer, lowering his head towards him.
LURCH: The motive's on the disk.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845523

>>845515
>Initially he looked a mixture of confused and surprised but grew more focused as it progressed.
"Well... Why didn't you say that before!"
>He picked up the box, quickly asking:
"DVD or computer?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845525

>>845523
LURCH: Computer.
>Open heads towards the bedroom and opens the door.
OPEN: After you, gentlemen.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845527

>>845525
>The box in his mouth, he sauntered towards the open door, giving Open a nod of thanks as he went passed.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845530

>>845527
>Lurch heads in right after him, and Open heads in after they do. The computer's already on, open to desktop. Lurch quickly slips in front of the group, sits down and opens the disk drive.
LURCH: Whenever you're ready.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845535

>>845530
"Got it."
>Walker removes the disc from the box and slips it into the drive, waiting the few second for the disc to register and the notification to pop up like before.
>Opening main storage he was now confronted with the three folders.
"..Which one?"

I'm terribly sorry about the timing, but would you mind if we paused here? It is late and I should be calling it a night.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845536

>>845535
That's fine. See you tomorrow, Ace.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845538

>>845536
See you tomorrow, Goodnight Conch.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 845612

>Helloo

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845613

>>845612
Oh, hi!

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845620

File: 1414352918380.png (86.25 KB, 900x450, c0ntr0l__sketch__by_valeriya78…)

Citizens.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845621

>>845620
Hey, Ace.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845625

>>845621
A pleasure to see you again, Conch.
Up to continuing?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845626

>>845625
Sure.

>>845535
LURCH: It's in Private.
>Lurch briefly points to the folder in question.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845630

>>845626
>Walker nods, clicking on and opening the folder,finding the two video files like they did before.
>On a hunch he clicks on the second listed video. Waited a few seconds for buffering.. and it played.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845632

>>845630
>Open and Lurch, of course, just observe as this is going on. Open takes another look at the video while he's got the chance, while Lurch is a bit more interested in Walker's reaction.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845637

>>845632
>His reaction was as to be expected, really.
>For the most part he was silent, observing and clearly taking mental notes, however once the footage was inside the building he seemed to lean a bit closer, trying to make out some details. In fact his snout was nearly touching the screen and mumbling something along the lines of "what the hay?.." and "When did someone make these?.." once the robots entered the scene.
>Pulling back he paused the video and pointed with a hoof at the small black device in the masked guys hand a second after he produced it, partially cutting off the king.
"Did you see, anything like that on him?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 845639

>>845637
>Lurch furrows his brow for a brief moment, then shakes his head.
LURCH: No, I didn't.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845642

>>845639
>Walker sagged a bit.
"It was worth a shot.."
>He played the video again but it wasn't long before the video stopped on it's own. However, one word stuck itself into walker, causing him to repeat it several times to himself.
"...Aliases? What did he mean by aliases? Did the perp have multiple aliases they found out about?..."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 845987

>Lurk, I suppose

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 845988

>>845987
Afternoon Nevs.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846027

>>845988
>Haio!

>I've got... 40 minutes. Want to start something?


>Here or OE. Either's fine.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846028

>>846027
Here sounds good.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846031

>>846028
>Right then.

>Suggestions?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846033

>>846031
Haven't used Diana in a while. Not to mention I think Niren's car could use at least a new window.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846034

>>846033
>He's also in the hospital. But... I've got some ideas.

>I'll make a post

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846035

>>846034
I know. One does not simply shrug off an auged punch in the sternum through a wall.
>I shall await your post.
This post was edited by its author on .

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846036

>>846034
>>846033

>Diana's garage would get a visitor late at night. A familiar looking redheaded girl with a large ebony birthmark was pushing a surprisingly little yellow car towards the garage.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846037

File: 1414444454782.jpg (58.34 KB, 381x850, Hey there..jpg)

>>846036
>The towering women noticed her just as she was fishing out the keys to lock up for the night. Leaning back to see past the car and to who was pushing it she stuffed the keys back in her pocket hmphing to herself.
"Aint no rest for the.. Hey, need help moving tha-?"
>Once she saw the hair and the birthmark she grinned a bit.
"Oh, It's you. I take it I should open the garage door?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846038

File: 1414444977858.jpg (118.58 KB, 744x1052, FullMetalWolfsbane-By Nightsha…)

>>846037
Course, girl. But we've got to hurry. Niren's in trouble. And he might need his car back.
...Niren's my brother. I mentioned that, right?
>Looking in the car, there's a serious quantity of blood on the back seat.
His car is... Just a little bit... broken.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846039

>Shoot me the thread link over skype. I've got to get on the move. Don't want to be late for class.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846040

File: 1414445692599.jpg (100.72 KB, 525x700, No_Tears_by_Shimmering_Sword.j…)

>>846038
"I think you did, the hair matches up at lea-"
>not just one, but both eyebrows where raised in a wide eyed expression at the mess.
"...I'll have the door open in a second."
>She vanished inside the door and shortly after, the door started lifting. Once it was open enough for the car to fit through, Diana exited and lent a hand in moving the busted thing inside the shop.
"I'll bet you have quite the story behind this one."
>>846039
>Sent.

Nev's shiny metal phone 846043

>>846040
Beats the heck out of me. I finally found these guys after a surprising series of events... And well... Niren's in the hospital. With a number of stab wounds.
>Wolfsbane is having clear and serious difficulty. She's coughing harshly every so often and is straining hard to push the thing.
I don't have any idea what happened to it. And I'm pretty sure the puddle of blood ruining the seats is new. Just sayin.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846046

>>846043
"I'm just going to leave that stone unturned for now."
>With Diana's help, it was likely much easier to push it in. Once inside she pointed to a stool next to the door of the main office.
"Sit down if you like, I'll take care of it from here. Besides, you look like you need it."
>With a last heave the car was in place and she strode over the switch to close the garage door.

Nev's shiny metal phone 846048

>>846046
Probably the... Smart choice.
>As might be expected, Wolfsbane was quite completely out of breath by the time they got it in. It was notably heavier than a car that size had a right to be. And of course, Wolfsbane sits.
>Now that she can get a good look at the thing, it's pretty damaged. The whole right window is completely smashed, and there's a person sized dent in the front. More curiously, there's far too many switches and levers on the front dash for this sort of thing and the tires are of a brand even Diana wouldn't have heard of before.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846051

>>846048
"Do you and your family have a habit of getting into trouble? Just wondering in case I need to stay awake longer watching for you."
>She jested at Wolfsbane as she opened the driver side door and taking a look beneath the steering wheel for the hood release, albeit half glancing at what she assumed where added switches and levers. She didn't press or pull any of the but she figured she might get at least an idea of what they did as she figured out how to get this working again. With any luck nothing to major or specific needed replacing.

Nev's shiny metal phone 846053

>>846051
You don't even know the half of it. Sorry about the late arrival, I uh... Don't know many... Any... Other mechanics.
>The hood release is found quickly enough, and... My, that's a complicated looking engine! It looks absolutely custom made, and it looks like she might have to take the whole front off to access it. There's also several strange devices heading to the wheels. Are those... Hinges on the wheels?
> The switches and levers appear to be operating whatever hidden machine is in the depths of this thing. Several bits of this car aren't even on production models yet, just company prototypes.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846056

File: 1414455752857.jpg (65.42 KB, 360x990, 530b4e2da7bb4e68073c67a7f10003…)

>>846053
>Oh boy, This was going to be interesting. She'd have to ask Wolfs when Niren started owning batmobile Jr once this was over. Putting her tool belt back on she scooted underneath the vehicle despite her size and attempted to have a look at the fuel tank and how much was left. Don't want to start removing the engine with gas still in the system.
"It's all good. Besides, I owe your brother for getting that tracking stuff off my hands. On that note, whatever happened to the.. *Ahem*..contents?"
This post was edited by its author on .

Nev's shiny metal phone 846080

>>846056
>it's a fascinating piece of kit. And from what she's seen of Niren and Wolfsbane, waaaaaaaaay beyond their price range. The fuel tank was very nearly empty... And that's rather high-octane and quality fuel for a little car like this...
"Well, you won't believe this, but I think I actually sold to Daedalus itself... It was hella crazy!"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846086

>>846080
"How the hell do you aff.......You wha-!?"
>*KLUNK!*
"...aaaaoooooowww..."
>Diana slid herself back out from under the vehicle, with a hand cradling her forehead.

Nev's shiny metal phone 846101

>>846086
I'm deadly serious, girl! The whole place was back alley stuff, right? Some sort of nontracable location, right? And... Oh heck!
>Wolfsbane hops to her feet and rushes over to Diana.
"Not hurt bad, are you?"
>A... Surprisingly motherly tone sneaks into her voice...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846103

>Meanwhile, across the city, a fox the size of a pony is wandering through a certain apartment building. She sighs softly as she walks, her eyes distant and unfocused. She pads through the hall a couple of times before realizing she's walked past Apartment 404 several times now. Upon making that realization, she stops, faces the door and shakes her head. She leans down and picks up a key from a chain around her neck, fits it into the lock and slips into the apartment.

Nev's shiny metal phone 846106

>>846103
>She'd find the door only locked with the main deadbolt. That was very unusual for Niren's habits...
>More unusual things greet her as she heads in, a strange smell, fresh bandages just left out on the table, and including a suspiciously familiar tunic and bundle of clothes by the main bedroom door...
>Which slowly opens...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846110

>>846106
>Orchid crinkles her nose and sniffs at the air. Picking out senses has always been something she's good at, what with her being a fox and all, and she uses that natural talent to see if she can recognize the smell. While she's doing that, she glances between the bandages, the clothes and the door, taking everything in as quickly as she can. By the time she gets to the door, however, she realizes the situation she's in.
>Her eyes go wide, and for a brief, unfortunate moment, her legs lock themselves in place.
...oh.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846112

File: 1414462875567.jpg (58.34 KB, 381x850, Hey there..jpg)

>>846101
"..No, no.. I'm good, If my head was any harder, I swear you could use it as a cannon ball... aaoooww.."
>Sitting with her back against the door she lowered her hand. There was certainly an angry red mark above her left eye but it didn't manage to break skin.
"..Thanks for the concern though."
>With a flashed smile she jabbed wolfsbane harmlessly in the arm.
"Sorry about that, I thought you would keep it incase you needed it. Then again actually using it would be like sending flares into the air for Daedalus to come and take it."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846116

>>846112
>*against the car door...

Nev's shiny metal phone 846118

>brb, walken home

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846121

>>846116
Incidentally, hi.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846122

>>846121
Hello Conch.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846123

>>846122
How are you, then?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846124

>>846123
Doing rather well. Yourself?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846126

>>846124
About the same.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846130

File: 1414464457163.jpg (78.12 KB, 500x711, tumblr_n3qgg7cuPQ1rbq23ko1_500…)

>>846126
Good to here. Since we are both in the process of waiting, feel like doing something?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846134

>>846130
Sure, why not.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846135

>>846110
>It's the distinctive musky smell of sweat and...
>Oh *MY*.

>And Niren comes out of the room, back turned, closing the door behind him. He was naked as the day he was born except for a small towel that barely covered the important bits. He yawns, turns, and nearly trips right over Orchid.

!!!

BRBing again in a bit, grocewies

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846137

>>846134
Splendid. do you wish for something new or to conti...
Or nevs could come back.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846139

>>846135
!!
>Orchid barely suppresses a yelp. To her credit, she quickly squeezes her eyes shut and glances away.
...uh, hi...

>>846137
...I... well, I would say I'd like to continue, but to be honest, I got kinda tripped up with that...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846140

>>846139
Oh... sorry about that..

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846141

>>846140
It's alright. It wasn't your fault.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846144

>>846141
Thanks, if there's any way to untrip it just let me know.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846146

>>846144
>I'll give it some thought.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846183

File: 1414469524627.jpg (118.58 KB, 744x1052, FullMetalWolfsbane-By Nightsha…)

>>846112
Harder than the car, at least.
>Wolfsbane draws in a breath, then lets it go.
Yeah, yeah. Don't mention it. Really, don't.
>She rotates her arm after Diana jabs her in it.
What, firing the weird experimental weapon wouldn't set off alarms? Plus, I'm not really a gun girl.... Ooookay, that's a lie. But shooting people is bad, yeah?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846186

File: 1414469655680.jpg (563.96 KB, 750x1776, Punk Niren.jpg)

>>846139
Uh
Uhm
Mmm
Hmm
ERM
...O-orchid, t-this isn't what it looks like. Really!
>He hops backwards, nearly losing the towel as he reties the knot. And he itches at the still-bleeding but stitched wound on his chest. And if she did open her eyes, it looks like it's been reopened a bit...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846190

>>846186
>Orchid lets out a soft whimper, but doesn't look up.
I... N-Niren, it's not...
>Suddenly, her ear twitches.
...Niren, is someone here with you?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846196

>>846190
uhm... N-no! I'm here by myself...
>Orchid can easily sense when Niren is lying. And he's lying right through his teeth
D-don't go in the bedroom!
>He dashes off to the kitchen, holding the towel closed...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846197

>>846196
...
>After a few moments, Orchid lets out a soft, whimpering sigh and glances up.
...Could you put some clothes on, please?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846199

>>846197
Uh...
Yeah.
>He reaches into the pile of clothes and pulls a pair of flower-print boxers out of it, and heads behind the bedroom door for a moment and slips them on.
L-Listen, Orchid, I...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846200

File: 1414470850638.jpg (100.72 KB, 525x700, No_Tears_by_Shimmering_Sword.j…)

>>846183
"Well..
>She dusts herself off and stands up, making her way towards the a pair of jack stands.
"..depends what your aim is, not what your aiming at I say."
>She picks them up and turns before stalling for an awkwardly long second, staring at the ceiling in thought.
"..Hold on...That came out wrong......"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846202

>>846199
...
>Orchid doesn't say anything. She seems content to just let Niren talk for a while.

Cypher (mobile)!HwLm9GDmsw 846212

> you know class is gonna suck when the teacher puts you at the very front of the class :/

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846215

File: 1414471755960.jpg (106.76 KB, 660x854, 1397082943440.jpg)

>>846200
...Wait, what?
>Wolfsbane just stays silent and has a confused look on her face for a few minutes before shaking it off.
But I didn't finish. The guy I sold it to was all covered up, but I got a glimpse of what was under it... It was a Daedalus spec body suit! I had to ask Niren to look it up, but it was a model only sold internally...
Why would Daedalus want to steal their own prototype?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846217

File: 1414471893471.jpg (27.44 KB, 400x552, 1372746866659.jpg)

>>846202
I mean... I don't have a girl back there, I mean... I just...felt like... Enjoying some time alone here, and...
>He comes back out with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that said "Be sure it's Genueine! Daedalus Firearms!"
...You don't believe me, do you?

>Pic mostly unrelated.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846220

>>846217
...
>Orchid lets out a soft sigh and closes the door behind her.
...not really.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846229

>>846212
Oh, hey. Haven't seen you in a while.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846234

File: 1414472462511.jpg (65.42 KB, 360x990, 530b4e2da7bb4e68073c67a7f10003…)

>>846215
>She gave wolfsbane the awkward half grin of: "I'll come up with a better analogy later"
>She had just finished putting the jacks in place when...
"Hoo, woo, okay, slow down. If you had to ask your brother to look it up, I already have no idea what you're talking about. Body suit? Under what? The gun? I don't mean to be rude.. but you're going waaaay ahead of me now."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846238

>>846220
...yeah, I figured that...
...Uh.
...
>He's turned a bright enough shade of red to match his hair.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846241

>>846238
>Eventually, Orchid lets out a soft sigh, pads to the center of the room and sits down.
Niren, it's fine that you have a girlfriend. We're adults. We can do whatever we want.
>She says that... a little more confidently than Niren might have been expecting.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846242

>>846234
...And so, I thought that it might be a mercenary, and...
...And then I said to Khalini, "Yes that's my cat," and...
>She suddenly realizes she's completely lost Diana.
Sorry! Sorry! Whoops!
>She tries to take it slow, but her words start to slowly jamb together as she gets more and more excited.
Well, I saw thathe had a suit on underneath all these rags and the markings on it were really odd andstrange and...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846244

>>846241
Uhh...Thanks, Orchid.
...
>He sits down and remains bright red.
...
So... What uh... brings you round here?

Cypher (mobile)!HwLm9GDmsw 846246

>>846244
> if that girls not Lapsa then Nirens got some explaining to do

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846247

>>846244
>Orchid blinks a couple of times and clears her throat.
I heard you'd been discharged from the hospital, and I decided to see how you were doing.
>It does seem a bit odd that Orchid would decide to take care of that now -- as opposed to, for example, while Niren was actually in the hospital.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846248

>>846242
>Her head pokes up a bit at the mentioning of Khalini.
"Hm, small world. Can I get your help a second? Can you give the jack over there a few cranks? So, If I;m hearing this right, your patron was in the body suit covered in markings. What kind of markings are we talking about here? Trademarks, gang signs, heh..."
>She chuckled to herself at the thought.
"..magic runes?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846250

>>846246
>It absolutely is her.
>>846247
Oh. Well, I appreciate it. I'm not sure how things would have gone without you there...
...
I'm going to ask dad if he can't have some pedals designed so you can learn how to drive...
>He suddenly seems to realize...
Wait. Why didn't you come see me in the hospital?

Cypher (mobile)!HwLm9GDmsw 846251

>>846250
> good boy

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846252

>>846248
Yeah, yeah.
>She does as instructed, grunting a bit. It's about now Diana might get a better idea of just how scrawny Wolfsbane is.
A few of those trademarks, actually.... And the magic runes. They were *Glowing*, Diana. Freakin glowing.
>She shivers.
He never spoke in more than a whisper either. Weirded me out!

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846253

>>846250
Niren, you don't need to do that. If I really need to drive, I can...
>She clears her throat softly and glances away.
...well, you remember.
>Suddenly, her head perks up and she leans back slightly.
H-Huh? Oh. Uh... I-I was...
>She trails off slightly and hangs her head.
...I-I was... I thought I should, um... lay low... for a while...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846254

>>846253
Yeah. You've got... THAT form... right?
...Why are we talking like this?
>He tries to shift back to a normal tone.
That's alright, Orchid. But... where did you go? You didn't head back to the vittles, and I don't think you really have another place to live...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846256

File: 1414475349188.jpg (58.34 KB, 381x850, Hey there..jpg)

>>846252
"That's, interesting... do you think you could remember what they looked like? I might have some paper around in the office."
>Diana began to walk towards the aforementioned office, stopping and then turning around to face wolfsbane.
"Quick thought, did he sound local?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846258

>>846254
>Orchid lets out a soft sigh of relief.
Thank you for not making me explain that...
>She lets out another soft breath, then continues.
A-Anyway, I... uh...
>She hesitates a moment, then softly clears her throat.
...funny enough, I was... s-staying with my boyfriend... so, yeah...

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 846259

>>846250
>is she nekked? did they do the no pants dance? :P

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846262

File: 1414476045701.png (31.03 KB, 97x125, Wolfsbane.jpg)

>>846256
Sort of? I'm not the sort that knows runes, though. Might be worth looking up at the old canterlot library... That's where they keep the old magic books, right?
>She thinks about it for a while.
...Not really. I didn't pick up on any accent...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846263

>>846258
...
>Niren rubs the back of his head.
Oh... Uh... Oh.
Uh yeah.
I uh... forgot... About him...


>>846259
>Why do you think Niren was wearing nothing but a towel?

Cypher (mobile)!HwLm9GDmsw 846265

>>846263
> oh my, does cyan know of this~?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846266

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846267

>>846263
>Orchid blinks and looks up.
What? I didn't... oh.
>She looks back down again and lets out a soft, nervous laugh.
...um... y-yeah. Digit. O-Of course I meant Digit...

Cypher (mobile)!HwLm9GDmsw 846270

>>846266
> niiiice~
> High five

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846271

>>846262
>Foregoing the pen and paper idea, Diana went back to the task at hand of repairing the car. She scowered the car for the connections that held the front on. Hoping that at least was factory.
"I'd think so, but are they still letting people in? Not like it would stop you, no offense."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846272

>>846267
...
...
It uh... It is digit, right?
I... didn't really think he was your type. I figured you'd go for the... athletic type. And...
>He doesn't seem to say it, but he seems to imply "Not human"
...Ahem...

>>846270
>Sure.
>high five-oh

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 846273

>>846272
>Never thought Cyan would have Lapsa in-character lose her virginity lol

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846274

>>846272
...
>Orchid lets out a deep, shuddering sigh and lowers her head.
...No... No, I was lying. Digit and I split up.
>She hesitates for a few moments. When Niren makes that last implication, however, she lets out a soft whimper and lays down, resting her head on her paws.
Niren, don't go there.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846276

>>846271
I don't think so. Some lady took it over years back. Not sure she'd let... uh... my type in.
...Old librarians, think they're so awesome and stuff...
>These bits are factory, fortunately. Most of the bodywork seems factory, but those internals...
>It remains unlike anything that's been in the garage before.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846277

>>846274
Wait, what?
...You did?
Then... who did...
>Niren's jaw just drops a bit... He also hasn't answered just who he has in that bedroom... And then he sighs.
...Sorry.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846278

>>846273
>Ask Cyan about it.

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 846281

>>846278
>fair enough :3
>still good on Niren scoring with such an adorable fox girl~ :P

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846282

>>846277
...I was... waiting for the right time to tell you. This, um... seems like... it...
>She clears her throat softly and glances away.
...
>She clenches her eyes shut, cocks her head briefly to the side, and then continues.
...um... Do you remember that one time, that I, um... visited the Crossroads?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846283

>>846282
...Noo.
...
Orchid, nooooooo... I've heard the rumors bout that place... You didn't, did you?
>he suddenly starts really frowning...
You'd never need to do that... If you really needed money, I mean...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846284

>>846283
>Orchid's eyes go wide.
Wh-What? No! No, it wasn't-- That's not what I meant! I--
>In her haste to shove herself upright, Orchid's paws fail to catch on the floor beneath her and she ends up scrabbling for a few moments before finally setting herself back down.
I didn't... I didn't do anything like that! That's not... not what happened...
>She hesitates a moment, then closes her eyes and turns her head away from Niren.
...h-he was the one... who...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846285

File: 1414478053174.jpg (100.72 KB, 525x700, No_Tears_by_Shimmering_Sword.j…)

>>846276
"I know it's off topic, but I have to ask. Where did Niren get this thing?"
>She began preparations to remove the front.
"He seems more tech savy then mechanic savy, to me at least."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846286

>>846284
I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't...
...
God, I just can't help but be awkward today, can I?
>He hangs his head in his palms.
I'm sorry, Orchid. Finish your story. Feel free to sit down...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846288

>>846285
I... I dunno, actually.
He never talks about it. Ask him directly and he dodges the question...
I think he might have gotten it from mum... Er, his dad.
...
Listen, it's really for the best that you don't read too much into that.
>And it seems like it'll come off just fine.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846289

20 minute warning

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846290

>>846286
>She's already laying down, actually, but she seems to appreciate the gesture regardless.
...Right...
>She clears her throat.
Well, this was after the... incident at the store. I was, um... going through a lot back then. At the time, I thought I was...
>She hesitates.
...well, never mind. I just... I just needed some time to think, so I... I started walking, and I never stopped. I just... wandered through Canterlot for a few days. I... slept in an alley a couple of nights...
>She lets out a soft whimper, then continues.
...but anyway, eventually I found my way to the Crossroads District. I was tired, and hungry, and I needed a place to sleep...
>She lets out a heavy sigh.
...and that's when I met Xavier...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846292

>>846288
"Suuure... whatever you say.... Anyways, here we go."
>She got a grip, made sure she wasn't going to drop it, a chain pulley nearby for insurance, and removed the front, praying she didn't accidentally activate something this proto-car had to offer.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846294

>>846290
Orchid, you always have a place here. And I'm sure Dad and Mom would give you a sphiel about how Random is always a home for us...
Go on, I guess...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846295

>>846294
...I know. I...
>Orchid doesn't say anything for a moment.
...A-Anyway... um... y-yeah. He, um... He... bought me a... hotel room. F-For the night.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846297

>>846292
>It resists her pull at first, then pops right off. Sure enough, something sets off.

>IT SOUNDS LIKE A FORMULA ONE ENGINE!


>Whatever fuel remained in the engine suddenly and immediately burns up with an earthshaking roar. Fortunately she drained the fuel from earlier, so it doesn't go on for long, but she would notice the wheels popped down after it started.


>And Wolfsbane is sticking a finger in her ear, speaking way too loud. She was not prepared.

Diana? Did you say something?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846298

>>846295
...And you two uh...
...
>He purses his lips...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846299

>>846298
Wh-What? Oh...
>Orchid lets out a soft whimper and glances away from Niren again.
N-No... No, we didn't. I mean, I... was going to, but...
>She shakes her head.
I, um... didn't think it was a good idea. But I... still needed a place to stay, so I... spent the night with him. We... talked, we got room service, and we watched Johnny Mnemonic together...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846300

>>846299
...I get it.
...Funny enough, I had... basically the same experience before we set off to that little deal...
Well... Sort of.
Listen, Orchid...
...
>He sighs.
...Be careful. You never know who you can trust in this city.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846301

>>846300
...
>Orchid whimpers softly, then nods.
I know that. I just... Xavier seems nice. I really feel like I can trust him...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846303

>>846297
>She would have seen Diana practically using the front she pulled off as a shield in the aftermath.
>As she pokes back up from her impromptu defense, whether she actually needed it or not, her expression was hard to read behind the mask of shock she had. With her ears ringing she didn't even notice wolfsbane's comment. That kind of noise+enclosed space= not good.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846304

>>846301
...I dunno.
>he just... shrugs a little.
Seems nice enough... But if anything happened to you, Orchid, I'd just...
>He shakes a little bit, and... does he turn a bit more red?
Still. Feel free to hang out here for a while, if you like... I've uh...
Y'know.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846305

>>846304
I... I will, thanks.
>Orchid nods, and slowly stands up.
...Um, is my... bed still in the same place?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846306

>>846303
Whaaaaaaaaat?
>Wolfsbane is shouting now. But she seems to have the same problem.
>The aluminum front end seems to have done an adequate job to shield her. But there's something giving off light from somewhere deep within the engine. REALLY deep. It slowly fades.
I DON'T THINK THAT'S NORMAL!

>Aaaaand scene.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846307

>>846305
Yeah, it is.
Listen... I've got to get back to her, y'know? I'll uh... I'll be here, Orchid.
>He starts to head off towards the bedroom...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846309

>>846307
Okay...
>Orchid nods and starts to pad off.
...okay. I'll... see you in the morning, Niren...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846310

>>846309
>Scene.

>Night everybody

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846311

>>846310
Good night, Nev.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846422

>Im sorta here

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846431

>>846422
Hello there.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846474

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846479

>>846474
Sorry for the wait. Checking on soup.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846516

>>846479
>Kayoh

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846517

>>846516
Good afternoon sir. Doing well?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846519

>>846517
>I'm sleepy and want to nap and RP, but I'm being prodded into LoL

>So... ech. I'll do that later I guess.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846520

>>846519
The napping or LoL?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846562

>I'm around for a bit

>I can RP.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846575

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846578

>>846562
Gah, still around?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846614

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846615

>>846614
Well hello there.
Not to get straight to the point, but shall we do things?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846618

>>846614
Excellent. What would you like to do?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846619

>>846615
>Sure.
>Pick your favorite

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846620

>>846618
>Shrug

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846627

>>846619
Wanna wrap up the thing with Wolfsbane?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846629

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846630

>>846620
There is the possibility of continuing with the garage but you did call scene on that.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846631

>>846629
Alright, then:
>>838979
>>838981
>>838982
This post was edited by its author on .

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846649

>>846630
>Oh, I just meant for the night. There's still more to do, or cut to Wolfsbane and Diana getting their hearing back.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846652

>>846631
Uh.
>She just watches the whole... ceremony. A bit overwhelmed, to be honest. Plus, she did have more than a few complaints about being honest and the like. Thieving was in her blood, after all!
Uh... Sure. That sounds cool.
>she facepalms. Come on, something better than that!
Yes. Yeah. I mean... Yes. I...
>She lets out a MASSIVE INTERNAL GROAN. This was going to be tough. Well, tougher.
I swear.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846655

>>846649
Diana probably wouldn't continue until she could hear again. Sounds like a plan if your still interested.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846656

>>846652
>Blitz smirks and lets out a soft chuckle.
BLITZ: Then you are one of us.
>He turns to face Field, who simply nods. She bows her head and points her horn towards the bonfire, then lights up her horn with magic. She grits her teeth and lets out a soft grunt of exertion, her horn growing ever brighter, and then finally looses a bolt of pure magical energy at the bonfire. The moment it impacts with the roaring flame, the flame itself trembles as if afraid, then suddenly leaps off the bonfire and into the air. It turns bright magenta, bathing the room in bright, neon light, and reconstitutes itself into the rough shape of a heart.
BLITZ: Wolfsbane Lang... welcome to the Rainbow Mortars.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846670

>>846655
>Sure, though I may take a nap here and there

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846674

>>846670
Eh, I've got time. Would you like to start or should I?
This post was edited by its author on .

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846684

>>846656
...Awesome.
>She doesn't really have more words than that.


>Is that scene, then?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846685

>>846674
>You first. Pls.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846687

>>846684
Yeah, we're done. It probably would've just gotten awkward after that, anyway.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846690

>>846687
>Alright.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846694

>>846690
Soooo, glad we wrapped that up. Anything else?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846697

>>846685
Got it.
>>846306
>It was getting rather chilly inside the garage. After the shock rather quickly wore off on Diana she had tossed aside the front and rushed around opening any windows she could reach, even going as far as to slightly open the garage door. Once they could at least guess at what the other was saying she explained it as the simple phrase "Carbon dioxide poisoning" before setting the the front next to wolfsbane and shortly sinking to the floor next to it with a look of relief.
"-ll close them soon, did you know what your brother was packing under that hood?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846724

>>846694
>Think of something!

>>846697
If you're asking if I knew that he'd put a bloody jet engine in there, I didn't know!
>She's still shouting.
He doesn't drive it that fast most of the time!

>Shower time

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846731

>>846724
"I'm not even sure I could catch up to him! You saw my ride!"
>She took a look at the car and the front that was next to her.
"How much do you want me to do?! I'd never be able to get these dents out before morning!
"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846736

>>846724
Hmmmm... Draco and Merasmus?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846774

>>846731
I uh...
...
>She shrugs.
...I dunno. How do engines work? Hit it with a hammer or something?
>Wolfsbane may have many talents, but she really knows nothing about cars.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846775

>>846736
>I guess that wor... Oh, how about Salvo meeting his contact?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846776

>>846775
>Something related to the whole affair.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846778

>>846775
>>846776
Oh! Actually, yes, good idea. Let's do that.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846780

>>846778
>Works for me.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846781

>>846780
Okay. You wanna start, or should I?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846782

>>846781
>You post. I dunno where Salvo wants to meet.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846785

File: 1414559673025.jpg (65.42 KB, 360x990, 530b4e2da7bb4e68073c67a7f10003…)

>>846774
"Huh? Oh,no, I was going to get it running to begin with. I'm just asking if you want anything done about that..."
>She points vaguely in the direction of the front and then at the car.
"..Thing, that used to be the it's bumper before he did... whatever he did to it. Removing at least a few of the dents I mean."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846786

>>846782
Alrighty then.

>Canterlot is a city with a great many back alleys. The darkened network running between the city streets are often maligned and avoided, but for those who know how to navigate them, they become a hidden realm within the mountain community -- a vast nexus of business, romance and violence. It was exactly the kind of place you'd expect to find a man like Salvo. And, sure enough, on this particular night, that's exactly where he was. Specifically, he was kneeling on top of a dumpster, keeping a watchful eye out in both directions, in an alley that separated a simple electronics store and the Magical Mercenary Bar and Grill (est. 1972). As usual, Salvo was clad in bright red ganger's attire and a dirty porcelain mask, accompanied by a stainless steel pot he wore over his head. The average passerby would likely assume he was nothing more than a particularly crazed hobo, especially considering his unusually horrific stench.

>Thankfully, he was meeting someone who knew better.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846789

>>846785
Oh...
...Enh.
>She shrugs.
He wanted the window fixed. Orchid did that one, actually. Long story. That's our big sister.
And yeah. Try to fix the dent if you can. No big deal if ya can't, right? Niren's not paying enough, I think.
>She opens the trunk of the car, revealing a specialty unmarked can of what certainly appears to be fuel and a medium sized sack. Filled with money.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846794

File: 1414560933317.jpg (58.34 KB, 381x850, Hey there..jpg)

>>846789
"She did the window? Damn. Should I open a folder for any more repairs you bring m-"
>The moment she w saw the sack she went dead silent. Walked over to the garage door and closed it the little bit it was open to air out the garage.
"Exactly how much should I worry about where that came from."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846795

File: 1414560976329.jpg (5.86 KB, 244x152, 133023413461.jpg)

>>846786
>All's quiet for an almost unnervingly long time. Then, there's a noise from above. Of course. Always from the rooftops.
It's been a while... old friend.
>The voice hasn't changed a bit.
What is it you call yourself these days?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846796

>>846794
Niren's usually paid cash for what he does. Least, that's what he says. Plus, it's probably money from dad. Especially in this amount. How much is it?
>She tosses the bag to Diana and pulls out the bottle of fuel

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846799

>>846795
...
>After a few long moments, Salvo looks up.
Heh... Salvo. Call me Salvo.
>He stands up, jumps off the dumpster and quickly snaps to attention. Old habits, as they say, die hard.
You know, if you get down here, it'll be harder for people to overhear us. We won't have to talk as loud that way.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846800

>>846796
"Dad?"
>She says with wide eyes as she catches it almost out of the air and takes a peek inside. At least trying to get a rough estimate of what she was dealing with.
"Don't tell me I'm getting involved in some crime family, please. I really like my job."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846801

>>846799
Fair enough.
>There's a faint sound and a very thick black robe embossed and completely covered with dimly black glowing runes, brimming to the hilt with strange enchantments comes flying down from above. It touches down without the slightest sound.
You sent a message.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846802

>>846801
I did.
>Salvo crosses his arms and dons a faint smirk.
I didn't know you were going to be the one responding, though. Have you been briefed on my intentions?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846803

>>846800
>Those are wads of cash. Actual wads of cash. Not a ton of it, but five stacks of bit bills. Approximately the equivalent of ten grand.
No! No. Crime fa... no...
...
Well... a family, yeah. But not criminal.
>Wolfsbane lets out a laugh.
Oh come on!
>She pokes Diana in the arm.
I'm the only thief in the family. Niren's the only one that really keeps in touch with back home after the...
>She suddenly changes demeanor.
...Thing...
>She speaks on a bad note, then turns back and regains her countenance.
Well? Will ya fix it?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846804

>>846802
Oh, Salvo. Please.
>The cloak shifts slightly. Whoever was under it was moving their arm.
You don't think I'm a few steps ahead of the game? This whole business interests me personally.
Remind me, if I'm unfamiliar. You want to arrange a meeting between your contacts and a member of the organization?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846806

>>846804
Affirmative.
>Salvo nods curtly.
I haven't been fully informed of their intentions, but from what I can gather, they're looking for information.
This post was edited by its author on .

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846807

File: 1414562517345.jpg (100.72 KB, 525x700, No_Tears_by_Shimmering_Sword.j…)

>>846803
"That is quite comforting. And yes, I'll fix it."
>Diana swings the bag over her shoulder and looks back down at Wolfsbane.
"Did he say how soon he wanted it?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846809

File: 1414562935271.jpg (5.86 KB, 244x152, 133023413461.jpg)

>>846806
Information is one of the few things I'm not keen on giving out.
...
>The wearer of the cloak shifts slightly. The head tilts.
Tell me more.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846812

>>846809
>Salvo nods and holds his arms to his sides.
My contact is a talking fox. Her name is Orchid, and she owns a convenience store in Lower Canterlot. I owed her a favor, and this conversation is the result of her cashing it in. She's accompanied by a red-haired human who... seemed a little green, and some kind of... sword-wielding fox-human hybrid. I believe her name was Latvia. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly what they're trying to find out.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846813

>>846807
Hey, am I charmer, or am I a charmer~?
>She laughs again and closes the trunk.
Nope. He probably won't need it for a while though. He's still in hospital.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846815

>>846812
Ah. The fox...
>There's another flutter from the cloak's occupant.
...Salvo, you do realize that Latvia is a country on the Earth that was, right?
>A distinct laugh rings out from beneath. A comfortingly familiar one.
Well. I must admit, this has got me curious. Good work.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846817

>>846813
>She rolls her eye with a mirthful grin and goes to open the panel her bike would be behind, tossing the cash in there for now. Almost the moment after she let go of the bag it collided with a grey furry masses zipping out of the space resulting in a highly surprised.
*Meo-RRAAA!?!?*

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846821

>>846815
It...
>Salvo lets out a soft grunt and rolls his eyes, not that the person under the cloak would be able to tell.
It was something like that.
>Once he's gotten that off his chest, he snaps to attention and salutes.
Anyway... thanks, ma'am.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846930

Lurk

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846941

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846948

>>846941
Hello again Nevs.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846960

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846965

>>846960
Not much. You?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 846969

>>846965
>Tired, don't want to head to class... But I suppose I can do things.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 846972

>>846969
Hey, I'm also here, as it turns out.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 846974

>>846969
I should be able to as well, in a few minutes. Supplies need buying.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 847077

>Lurk

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 847266

File: 1414709229650.jpg (202.69 KB, 900x1407, coffee_break_by_balance_sheet-…)

Gentlemen.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 847554

>They see me lurking.

>They hatin.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 847555

File: 1414775234359.jpg (133.14 KB, 900x1084, the_shadow_demon_by_maniacpain…)

>>847554
Morning/Happy Halloween Nevs!

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 847557

>>847555
>Yeees.

>I'm here to RP and chew bubble gum!


>And I'm all out of gum.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 847558

File: 1414775429261.jpg (122.74 KB, 900x1540, __Large___Concept_by_Balance_S…)

>>847557
I don't have any gum to give you, but I certainly have some RP in storage.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 847560

>>847558
>Well then.


>I've got two things.


>Something large and dramatic, or, something to be investigated.


>Which would you rather?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 847561

File: 1414775779276.jpg (96.38 KB, 1024x1365, butterfly_concept_artist_by_zo…)

>>847560
Would we require more people for this dramatic event?
I'm leaning a little more towards something investigative.

Either way, do you have a character you want?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 847562

>>847561
>Probably would want to do it with as many people as we could get here.

>Alright. I'll need someone who's capable of investigating.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 847567

File: 1414776991007.jpg (51.33 KB, 400x319, X43IJD9.jpg)

>>847562
Depending on the subject of investigation, that rules out Dann. Him liking to keep his position.
Other then that, I'm wide open in terms of chars. I'll pop an appropriate one in after first post.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 847601

>Nevs?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 847648

>>847567
>>847601
>Sorry, dozed off a little bit.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 847649

>>847648
It's alright. You nap if you need to.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 847674

>>847567
Another damn case falling into my lap...
>The good ol' sergeant grunts from his car as he looks over the notes. Silasian ambassador killed. Suspected assassination.
>Someone in the Auth higher-ups must REALLY hate him this week.
...*Groan*
>He takes a sip of his coffee. Too bad the newbie got transferred to Manehattan. He could use somebody to dump this on...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 848446

File: 1414894025684.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>847674
>Perhaps fate had listened. Next to half a second after the thought had been crossing his mind there was a rapping on the glass window of the car which was followed by a muffled and modulated:
"Evening sir."

Blank Flank(iPod) 849553

Nev gimme 30 mins

849591

>Blank was Relaxing in the Living room, Reading The newspaper, while Sharpening her sword
"HMmm..Doom, gloom, Dispair...same old same old.."

Nev's shiny metal phone 849610

>>849591
>Storm Nexus strides out of the back room. In full battle armor.
Another one of those things sighted in the city again. We're on alert again.
>He barely manages to take a look at Blank.
Any recommendations for the dispatch squad?

849612

>>849610
"Has it attacked anyone or Did it run in starken fear like the rest?"
>She looks over, Wearing her old armor, still bearing Her captain stripes

Nev's shiny metal phone 849614

>>849612
Heh. Still the same. Honestly, if you say it enough it may actually come true. No, of course it didn't run.
>He sits down at a battered desk.
They're getting more bold, if anything. Moving this far from the old capital? Never seen it before. Pick some capable soldiers out.
>The image on the terminal desk switches to a screen roster of capable exterminators. Less and less of them every day...

849616

>>849614
"Can we get some that wont Stupidly go into an alleyway Alone?"
>She steps up
"You know i just had a thought...Alina is..Well, Less than proud than our background..But, She is Training to be a..I dont want to say killer, But.."
>She sighs
"Ah nevermind.."

Nev's shiny metal phone 849619

>>849616
No.
>He stands firm.
Alina does not go out. She is a liability. You know that as well as I do.
>He heads over to the counter and gets some synthcaf from the machine.
...Every time a mission fails, innocents die. Our people die. Its a heavy reaponsibility.

849620

>>849619
"Shes one of the best assasins Thats ever breathed."
>She sighsm seathing her sword
"How is that a liability? Paparatzi? ITs for the safety of Our people."
>She sighs
"Anyway, Who is on the list that has an Iq higher than a bag of rocks?"

Nev's shiny metal phone 849623

>>849620
We're not out for political targets, Blank.
Its not a heist, or a stealth mission. Its extermination.
>Nexus grunts loudly.
Find out for yourself. If you keep assuming everyone is less intelligent than you, you are going to get people killed.

849624

>>849623
"Not my Fault They keep going off on their own and not sticking with the group.."
>She Picks up an AR-15 with a silencer on it, and red dot, And a few mags
"Surprise me, its almost our anniversary."

>She steps out into the courtyard

Nev's shiny metal phone 849628

>>849624
...What happened to you...
>The wind immediately hits her in the face. Nexus took the liberty of putting a squad together, since Blank didn't.
>A ragtag bunch, they are. One of them is even wearing tattered Serenade clothing. No uniform for the Nexian forces.

849629

>>849628
>She sighs
"Anyone pack a flame thrower? Buggers seem to hate fire."
>She looks toward NExus
"Ill tell ya why im acting like this later."

Nev's shiny metal phone 849630

>>849629
"No fire, blank. We've been over this. Too much collateral damage."
>Nexus answers over comma.

(Walking home, gotta go)

849631

>>849630
"Well, Then fire is out of the question...Flashbangs? Anything loud and bright? Hell floodlights seem to make them blind..er."

(ok

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 849649

>>849631
"Go for it. Be careful of the civillians. They have no part of this."

Blank Flank(iPod) 849769

>>849649
"I know..get the city on high alert, lock the doors and stuff."
>she loads her Rifle, packing a couple uzi's
"If we can't push them back its open season, but for celestia's sake, stay with the group, I've had too many die on my watch, and for the past 20 years I've seen too much of it."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 849794

>>849769
"Already done. The area is closed off. Grab your jump packs, this one might be mobile."
>Nexus sits at the desk, sighing.
"Blank."
>Nexus clears his throat pointedly.

Blank Flank(iPod) 849795

>>849794
>she looks over
"Yes?"
>she holsters her weapons

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 849797

>>849795
>Packs are lined up on the wall. The militia has already put them on.
"...Don't die. Out."

Blank Flank(iPod) 849799

>>849797
"I haven't died yet. Love you."
>she puts on the pack, heading out to meet the militia

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 849800

>>849799
>That'll give her more airborne mobility. Just press the wrist button for a boost.
>There's no response. Nexus must be checking in with another team.

>The squad is already there. Following behind her. There's nobody to meet, other than heading to the site.

Blank Flank(iPod) 849801

>>849800
"Weapons check, silencers on, armor piercing rounds incase these buggerd have chitin."
>she loads her guns

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 849804

>>849801
>Click
>Clickclickclickclickclickclick.

>All locked and loaded.

Blank Flank(iPod) 849805

>>849804
"Grab some riot shields just incase."
>she leads the squad into the town
"Coma on, go quiet. If you see somthing don't go off by yourself."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 849807

>>849805
>The five others are standing close by. Maintaining radio silence for now. Each is shining light onto the darkened streets.

>They come out at night. Always at night.

>Things skitter in the dark around the quarantine zone.
>Finding something in here will be hard...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 849809

File: 1415128912869.jpg (64.44 KB, 523x1101, b4d068c088888f7b90d2d4cd9bffec…)

>Gentlemen.

Blank Flank(iPod) 849810

>>849807
"Watch the alleys and the rooftops, they know we're here. Minimize shooting windows and doors, watch behind us too."
>she throws a flare into a nearby alley.
"Nexus didnt say no flares..please tell me I'm not the only one that brought them."

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 850310

File: 1415226112918.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

Blank Flank(iPod) 850311

>>850310
>regal mint is beautiful mint

Nev's shiny metal phone 850316

>>850310
>The number actuly goes through. Though, it would be just like Telecorp to charge anyways for a disconnected number.
>One ring. Then another. And then a third. Nothing. But...
>The xlick of an answer.
"Lucky Egg Ibexian Buffet. How can we help you?"
>Says a decidedly nonethnic voice.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 850317

File: 1415226740764.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>850316

Hello there. I would like to make a reservation under the name of Drop

Nev's shiny metal phone 850331

>>850317
Drop, you say? One moment please.
>The line goes silent for a long moment. Then there's a click. And then a different voice answers.
"And how many in the... Party."
>The first voice was male. The second is female.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 850335

File: 1415227760670.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>850331

>She gives a stare to everyone in the room that clearly means 'Will you come with me?', and in that split second, attempts to determine if anyone will come with her.



>*Post the reactions of everyone in the room*

Nev's shiny metal phone 850339

>>850335
>she's just inside the kitchens. The chefs all look down and away. So does most of the other staff, including one of the butlers. The minor staff, however, the ones who bring in deliveries and retrieve things from the pantry... They look right at her. Though they don't respond.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 850341

File: 1415228164182.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>850339

>She keeps her eye on one of the youngest ones, who was actually about the same age as her, though nowhere near as well groomed.


"...Two. A seat near the door if possible."

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 850343

>OMG Majora's Mask 3D is coming.

Nev's shiny metal phone 850347

>>850341
Excellent. The chef will be most pleased to have you there. Your table will be ready immediately.
>A few seconds for her response, then... *Click*

Nev's shiny metal phone 850348

>>850343
>YEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 850349

>>850347

>She puts he phone down, and then points at the young delivery pony.


You.What's your name?

Nev's shiny metal phone 850359

>>850349
Call me Phil.
>He sets down the delivery. He doesn't seem to recognize her.
Can I help you?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 850362

File: 1415230152711.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>850359

Yes. I have a favor to ask of you. I need you to escort me to a restaurant as soon as is convenient for you.

In return, well...how does 'Sir Phil' sound?

Nev's shiny metal phone 850402

>>850362
Enh, fair enough. Sure I couldn't get a raise instead? No, no. That'd be too much.
>He trots over to her side and yawns.
...sir does have a nice ring to it.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 850407

File: 1415231443093.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>850402

You can get a raise *as well*. I'm the Queen of Equestria. I have power of the staff of Canterlot Castle if nowhere else.

850511

File: 1415237392628.png (208.61 KB, 500x600, 1364249475348.png)

rp

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850524

File: 1415238049039.jpg (962.64 KB, 1680x1050, battle_buddies_by_antimingebag…)

850541

File: 1415239369927.png (298.82 KB, 627x550, Lizalfos.png)

>>850524
>What do?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850544

File: 1415239632074.jpg (154.09 KB, 559x964, 0bde04cd61fe0fcea4d0a03b4cd14c…)

>>850541
No idea to be honest. Do you have any OC's in Canterlot at the moment?

850549

File: 1415240140158.png (33.47 KB, 830x650, Illiyana dress.png)

>>850544
>Erf...Well theres Illiyana

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850552

File: 1415240313161.jpg (155.03 KB, 790x1010, blacklight_retribution_model_t…)

>>850549
Is there any char of mine you want?

850553

>>850552
>Well...Not that i know of, Throw somthing near her mansion

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850569

>>850553
Or perhaps, at it.
>Between the sounds of the drizzle on the window panes if the mansion and Auth cruiser sirens, a knocking could be heard on the front door.

850576

>>850569
>A maid awnsers the door
"HEllo?"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850578

>>850576
>She could have sworn Nightmare night was several days ago, but standing in the doorway was a.. very .. strangely dressed humanoid... which was all she could guess thanks to the mask or helmet encompassing it's head.
"Evening M'am. Would miss Illiyana be home?"
>Well, the voice was male from what she could tell.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850579

File: 1415242423183.png (391.51 KB, 851x1567, IMG_0248.PNG)

>>850578
Sorry, forgot the pic.

850583

>>850578
"It depends if this is a buisnuiness call, sir."
>She said very politly

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850585

File: 1415243136052.jpg (74.73 KB, 640x440, codegeass0806lgqr8.jpg)

>>850583
"Business? Does this face say 'business' to you?"
>It almost sounded like he was pouting behind the mask as he framed it's expressionless surface.
"Jokes aside, no. I am not here on Titanite time."

850589

>>850585
"That is good..Is this a casual Visit then?"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850591

File: 1415244823077.png (102.1 KB, 198x356, ;kjhsdkafjh.png)

>>850589
>He loosened his posture a bit before continuing.
"That is the intention. Yes."

850592

File: 1415245150342.jpg (93.55 KB, 755x369, Sleeping_Hellhound_by_BullTerr…)

>>850591
"I need to conficate ny weapons you may be carrying. Standard procedure."
>He could see a..Dog? Sitting on the bear skin carpet in the lobby..But it had scales..

>Aaand gtg

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850597

File: 1415247446364.jpg (27.53 KB, 864x480, Not sure if candy bar....jpg)

>>850592
>He held his arms out to his sides.
"I have nothing to declare, but please feel free to check anyway."
>He leaned a little back to see past the maid and look at that horrible waste of a good bear an-hello, what's that sitting on top of it?
"Interesting pet. Mutant?"

Blank Flank(iPod) 850620

>>850597
>she pats him down, fluffy perking up and looking at the odd man, standing up at 5 feet at the shoulder
"Madam illiyana's pet dire, his name is fluffy, and no, not a mutant."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850651

File: 1415289149200.jpg (17.36 KB, 584x332, jhkjhl.jpg)

>>850620
"A magical beast then? My my, you don't see those anymore."
>So far he is telling the truth about his lack of armaments. Albeit a bit strange considering he was a higher up and on the streets of Canterlot... and she isn't seeing high nor hair of his escort, but some people where cocky.
"Satisfied?

Blank Flank(iPod) 850653

>>850651
"Please take a seat."
>she motions to the lobby's chairs, very ornate these

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850655

File: 1415291707401.jpg (28.91 KB, 864x480, Lelouch81.jpg)

>>850653
"Certainly."
>He sat down, hoping these chairs weren't from the trend of look over function. Then again, with his getup he can't comment.

Blank Flank(iPod) 850656

>>850655
>she trots off into an adjacent hallway

>meanwhile fluffy was just stareing at him

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850658

>>850656
>Having nothing better to do at the moment, he simply stared back.

Blank Flank(iPod) 850660

>>850658
>soon illiyana came from the hall, wearing what looked to be a gem cutters attire
"Terribly sorry, I was in the middle of work."
>she spoke with a certain elegance, notably shes an alicorn, with A soot grey coat and a blood red mane done up all pretty like

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850669

File: 1415306485660.png (72.17 KB, 123x354, Capeless.png)

>>850660
"No need to be sorry. I have time.."
>His reaction to her was nearly impossible to tell but he stood up as she entered, probably out of some courtesy for his host.
"..and I did appear unannounced."

Blank Flank(iPod) 850676

>>850669
"To what do I owe this appearance, mister..?"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850754

File: 1415324683656.gif (1023.1 KB, 500x281, Everything is FABULOUS!.gif)

>>850676
"My apologies, from the reaction of your maid I assumed you knew. I am Dann."
>He bowed with an almost cinematic sweep.
"At your service."
>Returning to his full height he continued.
"I had a few questions I was curios if you could answer."

850760

>>850754
"If this is another titanite Scheme to try and get me to work for them the door is over there."
>She said with a matter of fact Tone, Fluffy stood up, A full 5 feet of Fuck you on four legs.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850786

File: 1415326610695.jpg (31.6 KB, 1024x576, r2codegeass07_38.jpg)

>>850760
"Please, you insult me."
>His tone reflected his words with hints of indignation. If the dog was phasing him in any way, it wasn't showing at the moment.
"I'd have a lot more of the dreaded paperwork on me if I was planning anything of that nature."

850789

>>850786
>She trots over to a couch, sitting down
"Then please, Ask away."
>She smiles gently

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850807

File: 1415328724148.jpg (27.53 KB, 864x480, Not sure if candy bar....jpg)

>>850789
"Much appreciated."
>Though he didn't sit down, he stood near an adjacent seat or other piece of furniture, tilting his head and giving the hound a wave as he passed it.
"I've been in town catching up with old acquaintances among other things and one such acquaintance, is not in town, and with good reason. I may have only had a passing acquaintance with your mother, but recently I have grown curios about what happened to her. At the moment you are the most convenient source of this information, assuming you have had contact with her over the years."

850808

>>850807
"She's been...Busy, With my father. Why do you ask?"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850817

File: 1415329417509.jpg (28.91 KB, 864x480, Lelouch81.jpg)

>>850808
"I simply became curios. Call it a spur of the moment thought if you will."
>He sat down and reclined rather comfortably on a nearby seat.
"Not everything we corp people do is out of some ulterior motive."

850820

>>850817
"Well..Last I heard she was With my Father, IS NExia, The city founded after Vauxia was overrun with mutants, Apperently they are trying to erdicate them and take back The capitol city, Thats all I know."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850836

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 850861

>>846817
Ohh, kitty!
>At the noise, another cat pops its head out of Wolfsbane's hood. The first noticable thing about it is that it's an albino. And of course, wolfsbane follows, leaving Diana alone with the engine.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 850862

File: 1415335369721.jpg (106.76 KB, 660x854, 1397082943440.jpg)

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850872

File: 1415336898671.jpg (116.73 KB, 640x480, cat-kitten-grey-tabby-lounging…)

>>850861
"Rufes!? How the hell did you get in there?"
>She then shook her head and reminded herself he was a cat and that was really all the explanation that was needed. The cat was tougher then it looked, but being a stray does that, and with no time the wide eyed and fluffed up Rufes was circling around wolfsbanes legs and demanding love after what that mean'ol tall person had thrown in it's face. It was also about this time Diana spotted the albino feline sticking out of wolfsbanes hood as she went back to work, taking a look at the wheels that had popped down after the... event, of the front being removed.
"What the... exactly how deep is that hood of yours?"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850873

>>850872
Sorry for the wait.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 850886

>>850872
>Wolfsbane proceeds to administer affection to Rufes and the cat in her hood just doesn't look amused. Especially since all the loud noises.
>The wheels have some bizarre device in them. More importantly, there's what looks like a miniature jet behind the wheels. There's also alot more in this thing than there should be. It's a smallish car. How'd this all fit?
"Pretty deeeeeeeep, maaaan."
>She giggles a bit and the cat goes back into her hood.
"CashMoney likes to tag along with me."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 850983

File: 1415376501492.jpg (100.72 KB, 525x700, No_Tears_by_Shimmering_Sword.j…)

>>850886
"CashMoney? Any reason for that name?"
>Although very curios, figuring out the mysteries of this car was not her job at the moment. Her job now was to get it at least back in working condition ....not to imply she couldn't pick a few secrets up along the way.
>She checked under the car to see if there was some release that needed to be reset in order to get these wheels back to where they where before.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 851017

>>850983
I thought it was a cool name.
>She shrugs, and distracts herself further...

>So there is. A little lever hidden inside the wheel well. There was probably another one inside the car too.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 851145

File: 1415410911733.jpg (58.34 KB, 381x850, Hey there..jpg)

>>851017
>After the last incident, she was acting on the cautious side and checked to see if she was going to trip anything by fiddling with those levers. If there was one inside it hopefully had some symbol or indication of what it did.
"It does, albeit an expensive name."

851154

well

those two rp's were short lived

ech

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 851160

>>851154
I was mainly waiting for you to get back.
>>850820
>He leaned back and crossed his arms.
"A shame. Your lack of information, not your mothers efforts."

851180

>>851160
"My father tries to cut off most information...Government things and that sort of nature."
>She said with a certain distate even for her own information

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 851185

File: 1415413652387.jpg (22.64 KB, 864x480, Lelouch93.jpg)

>>851180
"I take it you are not fond of your fathers censorship. you being his daughter you would think he might be a little lenient."

851186

>>851185
"My brother seems to know just about everything..Good luck finding him however, he shows up less often than haylies comet."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 851215

File: 1415415287900.jpg (31.6 KB, 1024x576, r2codegeass07_38.jpg)

>>851186
>He chuckles and puts his finger together like he was contemplating whether or not what she said as a challenge.
"Who knows? Perhaps my visit might spur him to come by later. Thinking you've changed your mind and all that."

851218

>>851215
"Wel he seems to know all and see all, so possibly."
>She sighs
"Any other questions?

>Fluffy yawns, showing off a maw with teeth set up not unlike that of a charks. Teeth. And alot of them

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 851292

>Meanwhile, unrelated to anything else that might be happening...

>Orchid is sad. This is not an uncommon occurrence. But it seems to be a different kind of sad today. She's still sitting around in Apartment 404, not moving much, but today she's staring out a window instead of staring at a wall. That is, if not progress, at least something different.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 851298

>>851292
>Niren, meanwhile, is not sad. He's been rushing about the same apartment most of the day. Part assembly here, writing something on a whiteboard there. He's busy enough that he doesn't quite notice Orchid's melancholy. Especially since it's a pretty normal thing.
>Eventually, however, he does notice.
...Orchid?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 851308

>>851298
>After a few moments, Orchid blinks and looks up.
Um... yes?
>She seems particularly... distant today.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 851542

File: 1415492754440.jpg (777.43 KB, 1836x3264, IMG_20140911_204756.jpg)

>Pictures of kitties.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 851543

File: 1415492822886.jpg (1.02 MB, 3264x1836, IMG_20141105_225924.jpg)

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 851613

File: 1415500068902.jpg (22.42 KB, 598x448, 28v0iq.jpg)

>>851542
>>851543
>
I kid. Evening Nevs.
This post was edited by its author on .

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 852559

>>851308
Hey orchid.
>Niren looks about to the things waiting for him.
>Enh. They could wait.
...
What's up?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 852560

>>852559
Nothing... Nothing, really. I was just...
>Orchid hesitates a moment, then lets out a soft sigh.
...thinking about home, that's all...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 852561

>>852560
What, home home or your place here, home?
>He heads over to the refridgerator and grabs what looks like a beer, though it doesn't have a label of any sort.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 852562

>>852561
Home home. Y'know... back in Random...
>Orchid sighs again and glances out the window.
...Just... I don't know. I've been feeling kind of... well, I don't know how I've been feeling. I've just been thinking about when we were kids...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 852563

>>852562
Well, whaddya thinking about?
>He hops onto his couch and turns on the heat vent, kicking it twice with a lazy foot, knocking back some of... whatever he was drinking.
All in all, it was crazy times, huh? The war and all.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 852564

>>852563
Well... yeah, I guess...
>Orchid sighs softly and shakes her head.
...I try not to think about the war. It's more like... I've been trying to think of the good things, you know?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 852565

>>852564
...
Yeah. I can see that.
But you know me, Orchid. Action boy!
...
Err... Or something like that.
>He half-shrugs and kicks back another slug of... whatever he's drinking. Just what IS it?
Good memories. I remember when Wolfsbane and Leo were born. That was cool.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 852566

>>852565
Yeah...
>Orchid smiles and glances up at the ceiling.
You know, I think I still have that helmet somewhere. It's... well, it's in the shop, I think...
>She lapses into silence, furrows her brow and glances at the bottle for a while. After a few moments, she decides it's not her place to ask and shakes her head.
Um... what else was there...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 852567

>>852566
It doesn't fit anymore though, I'd guess.
...
I dunno.
...Oh, I remember Mint!
...I wonder whatever happened to her.
...But... What're you thinking about?
>Sip

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 852568

>>852567
Well, um... your birthday, actually. Your tenth birthday party. That was fun.
>She chuckles softly, and her tail twitches a bit at the memory.
Remember that obstacle course Papa Double built for you, where the gravity kept shifting?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 852569

>>852568
Hah!
>It takes him a moment, but he eventually has a full laugh.
I do remember. He shouldn't have tried to get me to run it so many times. I got so mad I just... smashed it. To bits.
...
I remember Wolfsbane laughing like a geek, though.
>He's smiling now.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 852570

>>852569
Yeah, that was fun... Papa was so mad at you...
>Orchid laughs a full laugh at the thought.
...
>But her joviality seems to fade after a moment, draining right out of her face before Niren's eyes. It would seem the repercussions of what she's said didn't take very long to catch up to her.
...Where do you think he went?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 852571

>>852570
I know, right?
...
yeah. Part of the reason I switched to building things rather than smashing things. People like you more, right?
>He chuckles, a bit halfheartedly.
...
And well... Where do you think? He's a scientist, right? With the Corp War... He might have gone to Zebrica. Maybe he hid out back in Theima. I dunno.
...He's alive out there, somewhere, though.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 852572

>>852571
I hope so...
>Orchid hesitates a few moments, then shakes her head.
...Um, anyway... good memories. Right? We... We had fun, didn't we?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 852573

>>852572
...Why do you need me to tell you, Orchid?
...
You... still remember things, right?
...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853171

>I'm already back

>For Cypher.


>Niren's recuperating at home, having a nap splayed out on the couch. Fresh groceries and other errand goods lie scattered about.

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853173

>>853171
>There was a gentle knocking on his apartment door

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853177

>>853173
Enh?
>He sits up in a second, stretching out before yawning and walking over to the door, shirtless, bandaged, wearing nothing but a pair of shorts. He opens the door slit.
Who is it?

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853179

>>853177
>Standing on the other side was Prin, wearing her normal green dress with her long blonde hair flowing down her back
"its me, Prin"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853183

>>853179
Oh, Prin!
>He runs a hand through his hair and moves it out from in front of his face, and opens the door just enough for her to squeeze in before closing it again.

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853188

>>853183
>Prin walks in before slapping him on the cheek
"you jerk, why didn't you tell me you were out of the hospital, Elly and I were worried sick"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853193

>>853188
>He had just turned around to flash Prin a smile seconds before she slapped it right off his face.
Owwhooowuh!
>He rubs his cheek for a second until she's done.
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, alright?
>He waves one hand in the air to attempt to ward off further slapping, withdrawing slightly

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853195

>>853193
>Prin goes for another smack before bringing her hand down and hugging him tightly, tears starting to run down her cheek, he would notice she was holding flowers in her other hand
"I was so worried, when I got to your room and found your bed empty I assumed the worst"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853197

>>853195
Enh!
>He pats her on the back twice as she hugs him, and he sighs.
Well... I am sorry. You could have checked with a nurse to be sure... And iiiiii guess that's what you did to find me here.
>He notes the flowers.
...
Are uh... Are those for me?

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853200

>>853197
>She nods and lets him go, handing him the flowers as she wipes away her tears
"Sorry for hitting you..."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853203

>>853200
It's fine...
>He shakes his head slightly.
I'm sure there's a vase around here somewhere...
>He heads over to the cabinets against one wall and searches through them.
Besides, I'll bounce back. It's nice of you to come by.

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853205

>>853203
"Elly would have come with me but she was busy with something"
>She takes a look at his bandages
"how are you holding up?"

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853215

>Still here Nev?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853216

>>853205
Well, for getting stabbed and thrown through a solid wall...
I'm cool.
>He finds a vase for the flowers, fills them with water, and puts the flowers in it.
I just hope whatever it was doesn't come back.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853218

>I am going to bed quite soon

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853221

>>853216
>She gives him another hug
"You're such a fool Niren"
>She giggles and gives him a friendly nuzzle
"So has Lapsa been around to visit you since you got out?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853234

>>853221
Well, you say that... but do you know anyone else who can build complex electric machines?
>And then he suddenly blushes.
"Uh... I uh... You could... say that..."

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853236

>>853234
>Jesus and here I thought you'd gone to bed
"Fair point"
>She notices his blushing and grins
"Hey now, why are you blushing~?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853238

>>853236
>Nonsense happened

"It's a er... Well..."
>He turns even more red. His face is now almost matching his hair.
"...Y-yeah. She's been... By here."

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853240

>>853238
>Prin gasps as she takes a stab in the dark
"Oh my, you slept with her didn't you~?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853242

>>853240
A-hhey, don't judge me for... Wait, I never said that!
>He huffs and takes a step back, grabbing a shirt from a peg on the wall and trying to slip it on.

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853243

>>853242
>Prin laughs and bops his nose
"You slept with Lapsa you horn dog~"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853246

>>853243
...
>He lets out a sigh, and hangs his head.
I did.
It just sort of... uh... happened.
>He is smiling a bit, though.

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 853247

>>853246
>Prin squeals happily and hugs him tightly
"Oh Niren I'm so happy for you right now"
(Pause for now, heading home)

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 853326

>lurk.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 853406

File: 1415749946641.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>The normal Canterlot rain had been fickle over the recent week and in fact had almost stopped for a few minutes before it turned into white flakes which now coated the streets and rooftops in it's icy chill.
>There where few places untouched by the snow, but in one such place was a tall armored man,which his usual cloak now serving as an extra layer against the cold as he wandered the older and underdeveloped areas of the industrial district. Despite his confidence in his abilities, he had decided to remain on the outskirts of King territory.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853408

>>853406
>It's quiet, for a while. Nothing particularly interesting jumps out at him for quite a while... But...

>He's being followed. There's a definite tail on him.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 853411

>>853408
>Interesting.
>He casually continues his route. Once he came to one of the many empty multi-level buildings in the area, he decided it would be better to take to the roofs as he entered it, or at least it looked like that from the way he looked back at his footprints in the snow.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 853554

File: 1415765083983.jpg (68.54 KB, 600x1173, bastian_by_fenris31-d7se7vv.jp…)

Greetings, Dark Moon.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 853558

>>853554
Also, I heard Nightshade was planning on joining. If so, are you around?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 853607

Lurking.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853622

>Ech

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 853623

>>853622
Hello.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853624

>>853623
Righto then. Would you like to post first?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 853627

>>853624
Uh... well, yes, but could you give me a location before I get the ball rolling?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853628

>>853627
>Draco's place.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 853633

File: 1415772290395.jpg (316.52 KB, 555x834, ENOUGH!.jpg)

>>853628
Right, then.

>On what is otherwise a perfectly ordinary day in the neutral zone, the sound of a dramatic organ sting rips through the cold night air. Two massive plumes of glowing green smoke shoot forth from cracks in the pavement, and a human figure steps out from between them.

Merasmus the Wizard has come for your souls!
>He lets out a loud cackle, then quickly glances from side to side.
And Merasmus may very well claim them if you damned punks try to steal my credstick again...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853635

>>853633
>And as usual, nobody answers if they're there. The local free-floating souls quickly scarper as he arrives. If they're there.
>Draco's treehouse rises from the midst, as always. His message was slightly surprising, as he actually seemed to have a task in mind.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 853637

>>853635
...Hah. Well, then.
>Merasmus quickly lowers his staff and sets out for the treehouse. As he approaches it, he twirls his staff once in his hand.
Amplus tripudio!
>And suddenly, two concentrated bursts of... pollen and seeds, it looks like, burst out of Merasmus's feet, propelling him up several feet up into the air and onto Draco's balcony.
Ah. That went better than I expected.
>And with that, he steps up to the door and raps on it twice with his cane.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853640

>>853637
>The door's answered midway through the second knock, and Draco moves his head slightly to avoid being bapped.
Merasmus. Right on time.
>Draco turns and heads inside.
Keep the usual theatrics to a minimum. Lilith and the girls are asleep, and we're in a race against time.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 853642

>>853640
Ah... yes, of course. I keep forgetting about that.
>Merasmus quickly slips inside and over to a nearby chair.
Well, Master... let's get straight to the point. Tell me, what is so urgent that it requires Merasmus's attention at such a late hour?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853649

>>853642
What, that I have eyes and ears all around here?
>He smiles, and gestures to a seat. There's a map of the area on the table.
I'll make it short, as time is equally. A rare outcropping of potent magic plants has sprung up nearby. Blackworks is going to go for it as soon as they find out. We, or rather, you, are going to get there first.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 853651

>>853649
Ahhhh. Intriguing.
>Merasmus quickly sits down and begins to look over the map.
Hmmm. What information do we have about these plants?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 853653

>>853651
Bloody Catherines. Spring up in burial grounds, execution sites, the like. Places where people died.
...And they're some of the best ingredients for regeneration baths and solutions around. They don't spring up often, and if we get there first, the greedy guts lose profits, and we get more resources to help people. Plus, it's a good exercise. Learn faster routes through the city.
>There's a red circle around a certain area of the city. Swampland to the southwest, by the coast, in a river delta. Most likely a corp dumping ground for people who need to disappear.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 853656

>>853653
Ahhh. I see.
>Merasmus looks over the map for a few moments.
Well then. We deny the corporations their profits, recover a valuable alchemical ingredient which can be used to help the disadvantaged, and I get to spend what's left of Veteran's Day picking flowers?
>He glances up at Draco and grins.
This is going to be fun.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 854877

>>853656
Precisely. As long as we move fast, we win on multiple counts.
>He trots over to a nearby bookshelf and spends a few moments looking through the titles.
Be careful, and keep any actual spellcraft to a minimum.
...
And I'm serious this time! Too much showcraft and there'll be mercenaries on your tail before you can say boo.
Understooood?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855132

>>854877
>Merasmus outright laughs at the idea.
Oh, poor, innocent Master Star. If you think I'm scared of mercenaries, of all people, I clearly haven't told you enough about my previous home.
>He lets out a short, evil-sounding cackle, then suddenly clears his throat.
But having said that, yes. I understand. I'll leave The Bombinomicon at home this time.
This post was edited by its author on .

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 855467

>>855132
>Draco blinks, eyes going a bit wide... Then he chuckles.
Forgive me, old habits die hard. I'm aware mercenaries aren't scary. But the Auth has things we don't have any idea about.
>And then he smiles.
That's probably a good idea. I'll try and find you something to explode soon enough.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855469

>>855467
Excellent. I'll be looking forward to that.
>Merasmus chuckles, then quickly stands up and glances over the map for a few moments.
But until then, time grows short. Let me see... Ah, yes. I've set up a Spawn Point here, much like the one outside your home.
>He points to specific area on the map, a mile or two northwest the swampland in question.
It should significantly cut down on my travel time, and it's far enough away that the noise involved won't attract any undue corporate attention. Unless there's anything else I need to know, I can depart at once.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855778

File: 1416176880499.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>The Queen of Equestria, Mint Imperial, was currently in a carriage. She had no escort, no guard, just a delivery colt.

So, Phil. You're probably wondering what you're doing here exactly.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 855780

>>855778
A'course, yur... What do I call you, anyways?
>He just looks confused, then adjusts the collar of his uniform slightly.
Never told me the proper title.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855782

File: 1416177596862.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>855780

I am Mint Imperial, Queen of Equestria.

But for the next few hours, as far as you're concerned, my name is Pear Drop, and you're taking me to a date to an Ibexian restaurant.

Are there any questions or concerns?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 855783

>>855782
I got that much. I was talking more... honorific, or... Whatever it was. Boss said something about it.
>He looks down. Soot, dust, and even an oil stain on his uniform. Not exactly presentable.
...No offense, ma'am, but you sure I'm the right pick for this?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855787

File: 1416178119248.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>855783

Not if you wear that uniform, but yes. You're working class, not in my staff, and around my age. The best match I could find at short notice.

Don't think of me as a Queen. By Celestia, the only reason I wanted somepony not on my staff was you actually have the capacity to treat me like a commoner.

Non of my staff could bare to even pretend to flirt with me, argue with me, or anything else 'authentic'. They're all scared stiff of me.

We need to stop and change clothes. It's only an Ibexian takeaway, so neither us will actually be wearing clothes. But you might need to...wash your face.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 855797

>>855787
Right. Not a queen.
>He looks about. They ARE in a carriage.
...Can't say I've ever been in an actual carriage before... A quick shower would be nice, and... I'm sorry, did you say flirt?
>He seems quite taken aback by that.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855799

The longer I lurk, the stronger I get...

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855800

File: 1416179959436.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>855797

>She blushes, but remains stoic and professional.


We have to look like two ponies on a date. Have you ever been on a date before?

>>855799

Hello there

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855802

>>855800
Hey, Cyan. What's up?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855803

>>855802

Nothing much. What about you?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855806

>>855803
Again, nothing much.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855807

>>855806

>.>

I'm doing that a lot lately.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 855811

>>855800
Can't say that I have, ma'am. Maybe once.
>He doesn't go into more detail, and looks out the carriage's window.
...There's a way you're supposed to look?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855813

>>855807
How do you mean?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855815

File: 1416180965339.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>855811

Not really. Just...presentable.

In fact, I'll probably have to dress down.

...

...Are you okay with this? I realize I didn't really give you a choice, and I'm sorry.

>>855813

Asking people the same thing twice/saying hi twice.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855816

>>855815
Ah. I.. didn't notice that, actually.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 855818

>>855815
>He's silent for a long second, then laughs.
What, are you kidding? This is easily the most interesting thing that's happened to me... possibly ever.
...Plus, I'm still getting paid! It's a win-win. It's not a bother.
>He slightly adjusts his uniform.
...Also, there might be a problem if we're heading to a restaurant.
...
I can't read.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855820

File: 1416181465591.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>855818

You can't..?!

>Breathes in.


Okay, okay. We can work around this.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 855827

>Sorry, guys. Heading to bed now.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855829

>>855827
Alright. Good night, Cyan.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855830

File: 1416183078607.jpg (588.2 KB, 1366x768, __the_morning_coffee_____by_lo…)

Afternoon Dark Moon.

>>855827
Night cyan.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855834

>>855830
Hey, Ace.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855836

>>855834
Hello Conch. Doing well?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855837

>>855836
Fairly well, thanks. Yourself?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855843

>>855837
I'm doing alright. Feel like doing something?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855847

>>855843
Well, I need to be somewhere in an hour, but I can do things until then. Got anything in mind?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 855850

>>855820
Why do you think I got a job as a porter? Reading skills optional. Never had the chance to go to school.
>The only reason individuals would be denied school in this day and age is if someone in their immediate family had HEAVILY displeased the corporations...
Besides. It doesn't matter, right? I know how to get by with pretending.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855852

>>855847
Not really, no. I had been curios to follow up on that weird phone call the guy Digit gave his statement to. Not sure how though.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855855

>>855852
*his statement to received.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855859

>>855855
>>855852
...uh... give me a minute. I need to look something up.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855867

>>855852
>>855855
>>855859
Okay... so, I looked over the interaction in question, and I think I might have written myself into a corner there.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855874

>>855867
Oh? That's a shame. Sorry to hear that...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855875

>>855874
Yeah, so am I.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855877

>>855875
If you want to edit that, go right ahead.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855881

>>855877
...Actually, I do have an idea as to how to continue with that. It wouldn't be a direct continuation of the scene, but... it's something.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855885

File: 1416186818418.jpg (202.69 KB, 900x1407, coffee_break_by_balance_sheet-…)

>>855881
Oh, I wasn't expecting it to pick up where we left off. I'm game if you are
And if you have time.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855887

>>855885
I've got... what, fifteen minutes? That should be plenty of time. You'll have to start us off, though.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855891

File: 1416187620225.jpg (380.09 KB, 1760x750, Motel_After_by_atomhawk.jpg)

>>855887
If you need to change to location, just say so.

>After finishing his rounds of cleaning at the motel, Digit was currently attempting to nap. Using an app on his datapad to pass the time until he was tired enough to actually sleep he just lay there, playing the physics puzzle, and admittedly being a tad curios about Billy after the possible progress boost of his visit the church of the mantis...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855893

>>855891
>It seems to be a perfectly normal evening for Digit. The motel's been reasonably quiet, all things considered, and it seems to be shaping up to be a normal evening for him.

>Then, all of a sudden, his commlink activates. Someone's calling him.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855900

File: 1416188770035.jpg (126.62 KB, 667x1000, Digit-Sans coat.jpg)

>>855893
>He stalls in the middle of a puzzle, causing him to fail to epic proportions before the level resets.
>...No one calls him. Ever. Niren?
>Closing the app he put the pad aside and tapped the side of his helm, receiving the call and taking a quick look if it had some kind of caller ID.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855910

>>855900
>The caller ID doesn't list a number, and lists the name as "Henry W. Akeley". Clearly, some kind of pseudonym.
>As soon as Digit receives the call, the caller begins to speak... if it can be called that. The caller's "voice" is heavily mechanized, like a text-to-speech program who's been seeing a vocal coach.
Hey, how you doin', little mama, let me whisper in your ear. Tell you something that you might like to hear.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855918

File: 1416190009009.jpg (179.55 KB, 533x800, Digit-Streetwear.jpg)

>>855910
>He sat up and half groaned, thinking this was some kind of prank. He could have sworn he'd heard this before from somewhere on one of the local stations.
"What would I like to hear?"
>He was a tad annoyed sounding with just the hint of a yawn.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855922

>>855918
Wait, you can hear me?
>The line is overcome by a strange combination of static and electric distortion for a few moments.
--ly shit, I didn't think I'd get this far.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855928

File: 1416191410270.jpg (179.55 KB, 533x800, Digit-Streetwear.jpg)

>>855922
>He stalled again, unsure whether this was just whoever it was trying to cover up getting caught.. or he began to think he recognized something about this..
".......yeah... I can hear you.. "

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855935

>>855928
Okay. You have to listen to me. The game is starting soon, and nobody knows the rules. Full of ghoulish delights around every corner. Don't tell your parents you're here -- they will soon be mourners. You'll find me scattered along the beach. Three. Nineteen. Seven. Twenty-nine. All that you are begins in... aaaAaaAaAAAaAAaAaAAAaAAAA--
>There's suddenly a sound like a loud burst of electricity, and the line goes silent.
This post was edited by its author on .

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855953

File: 1416194029267.jpg (126.62 KB, 667x1000, Digit-Sans coat.jpg)

>>855935
>The moment the voice began the listing off the numbers he was already on his feet and by the time whatever was on the other end got... "disconnected", besides cringing as it was pretty much blasted in his ear thanks to the built in com, whatever sense of tiredness he had was long gone.
>He quickly tired tracing it but if the last time he tried was any indicator, he didn't expect much, on top of not having a direct plugin to the com network... in fact he anticipated complete failure.
>Putting on his jacket and slipping in the pad, he stepped out into the snow and began to head out. Exactly where he was going, even he wasn't sure. Probably somewhere with public net access and a coffee shop.
>He knew he was being paranoid and was probably taking this a little too far but he had the urge to leave the location he received that call. At least for now.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855958

>>855953
>And sure enough, tracing the call doesn't get him anywhere. It's bounced across a hundred different locations in thirty different countries -- Equestria, Zebrica, Germaney, the village of Random, and even some place called "New York City" before the trace suddenly shorts out and is halted.
>His walk through the streets, though cold, is uneventful. No one comes up to him or gives him any odd looks (or at least, no more so than usual).

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855972

>>855958
>...He was begining a hypothesis about mantis's large network until this "New York City" place popped up, at which point he began to question how solid his hypothesis was. For all he knew what he had heard at the sermon was an isolated incident.... but why would it mention the different bug class members... he'd have to take a closer look. Who know, if Mantis called him back he might be able to at least latently glean something.
>Thankfully his suit kept him at least bearably warm with it's internal environment but he stopped into the nearest 'coffee' shop, if the synth stuff they served could even be called that. He'd never really visited this one before but it should have public accesses. Taking a seat in the corner of the store he began to search on the pad. He had the feeling something had changed about the numbers since last time but had the idea to check if it was some kind of product code, had any meaning to a star calendar, was the release date and time for something, he was taking a complete stab in the dark but it at least a start.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855984

>>855972
>The numbers don't come up in the astronomy field, nor do they relate to product codes. March nineteenth of 2015 happens to be the release date for an upcoming video game -- some RPG about high schoolers saving the world from invisible monsters or something -- but aside from that the numbers don't seem to have any significance whatsoever.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 855990

File: 1416199633123.jpg (179.55 KB, 533x800, Digit-Streetwear.jpg)

>>855984
>Well....... At least he was figuring out what it wasn't... but he wasn't done just yet. He pulled up a street map of the city and tried again to find any relevance for these numbers to anything. A location on the streets the bordered, or as unlikely as it was latitude and longitude on the world map.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 855996

>>855990
>The numbers don't seem to correspond to anything important -- just something called the "Magical Mercenary Bar and Grill." As for global latitude and longitude, there's nothing there. 3'19" N, 7'29"W is just a completely empty spot in the middle of the ocean.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856014

Apropos Of Nothing: Roll 1d20 = 12

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856053

>>855996
>A disappointed sigh slips out of him as he hits another proverbial wall in his search.
>He cleared his history and cleared any cookies he may have gained as he put away the datapad inside his coat. After a few seconds he went to the counter and ordered a coffee. He'd come to the conclusion that he'd think clearer if he tried to at least calm down. Even if it was with this.. ...brown liquid that pretended to be coffee.

I know I said I was going to start posting again, but I actually need to head off now. Mind if we pause?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856055

>>856053
Nah, I don't mind. I'll see you around, Ace.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856176

Lurk.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856177

>>856176

>Hello

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856178

File: 1416257278917.jpg (96.38 KB, 1024x1365, butterfly_concept_artist_by_zo…)

>>856177
Afternoon Cyan. Doing alright?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856179

>>856178

>Ugh. I guess so. It's been a downer day.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856180

>>856179
That's unfortunate to hear. What happened? Bad day of classes?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856181

>>856180

>No. Nothing bad happened. It's one of those days you wake up depressed and don't improve a single bit all day.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856182

File: 1416257626549.png (793.33 KB, 1024x576, winter_evening_by_gign_3208-d6…)

>>856181
Oh, those days.Cant say I've had one of those in a while but I can defenitly empathize with that.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856183

>>856182

>I haven't had one all semester.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856184

File: 1416257865422.jpg (135.46 KB, 600x625, robot_arm_boy_by_chalii-d333ez…)

>>856183
Anything I can offer to lighten your mood a bit?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856185

>>856184

>I'd say RP, but I'm really out of touch in this canon.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856193

File: 1416258512091.jpg (1.04 MB, 1920x1080, lt__jack_dogg_and_cpl__henry_s…)

>>856185
Damn. I'm not sure who you have outside of Lapsa and Harley and I'm not sure what I could throw at them.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856198

>>856193

>That's ironic, because the first characters I used in this canon were Mare-Do-Well/Colgate and Amethyst Star.


>I also have Diamond Tiara.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856201

>For you, Cyan.

>>855820
Why do you think I got a job as a porter? Reading skills optional. Never had the chance to go to school.
>The only reason individuals would be denied school in this day and age is if someone in their immediate family had HEAVILY displeased the corporations...
Besides. It doesn't matter, right? I know how to get by with pretending.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856206

>>856201

>She realizes that he must have connections to someone who pissed off the corps.


>She smirked.


So you never went to school. So what? You'll be a knight when this is all over.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856207

File: 1416259161170.jpg (588.2 KB, 1366x768, __the_morning_coffee_____by_lo…)

>>856198
Oh right.... I'm a moron.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856213

File: 1416259514823.png (120.41 KB, 3600x2600, Phil.png)

>>856206
You're right. I do like the sound of Sir Phil. I'll be able to rub it in the face of my boss, at any rate.
>He settles back into the carriage.
Wake me up when we get where we're going.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856215

>>856207

>You're not a moron.


>Huggles


>>856213

>Timeskip?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856219

>>856215
>Certainly.

>A freshly showered Phil comes out of the gym a few seconds later. He doesn't seem quite comfortable.

...Was this really necessary?
>His uniform is slung over his shoulder.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856222

File: 1416260247149.jpg (324.63 KB, 1000x515, iwearsuits_by_kurunya-d4h7meg.…)

>>856215
Thanks.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856225

File: 1416260749465.jpg (507.81 KB, 1091x1024, large (11).jpg)

>>856219

You don't sit in for a meal with a grubby face and work clothes. Not even a chinese.

>While he was doing that, Mint was not also clotheless and had put her hair into a different style.


Pic is her manestyle. I couldn't be arsed recoloring the pic.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856227

File: 1416261015716.png (29.23 KB, 900x650, Phil zoom.png)

>>856225
The hell's chinese?
>He looks at her strangely and shrugs.
...Nice haircut?
>He tries it out.
...This feels weird.
>He starts to walk back towards the carriage.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856228

File: 1416261129046.png (356.71 KB, 951x1000, large (4).png)

>>856227

>Ibexian. Fuck.


Cut? I did this with a comb in like three minutes. Do I look normal?

>Pic not her actual manestyle. See above.

Nev's shiny metal phone 856259

>>856228
Hmmph. Ladies and their manes.
>He tosses his uniform into the carriage and looks to Mint.
Yeah, you look fine. True image of a proper lady. Like those magazines they have in doctors offices.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856260

>>856259

Good. As long as I don't look like a Queen.

And now, to the Ibexian.

Nev's shiny metal phone 856264

>>856260
>He shrugs.
Still fancier than any mare I've ever seen.

>He holds the door open for her before climbing in himself.

...I have a question.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856265

File: 1416264098289.png (356.71 KB, 951x1000, large (4).png)

>>856264

>She climbs in.


Now's a good time. What is it?

Nev's shiny metal phone 856270

>>856265
...Don't you have guards and whatever that are supposed to be about stopping you from going out and doing stuff like this?
>He lounges in the seat, looking out the window again...

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856273

File: 1416264581296.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>856270

Oh, please don't start.

Do you know how boring it is to spent pretty much your whole life in a palace? I sleep in the palace. I eat in the palace. I work in the palace...

Nev's shiny metal phone 856278

>>856273
>He just gives her a look.
Noooooo, I can't imagine just how awful it must be to live in the lap of luxury your entire life, never having to lift or haul anything since the time you were small. And she says she gets *Booooored*.
>He rolls his eyes... And starts looking out the window again.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856282

File: 1416265135450.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>856278

...This is why I never talk about my life to anyone.

Nobody wants to hear me say I have no problems, and nobody wants to hear me say I do have problems, so the best solution's usually to keep my mouth shut and focus on my job.

Nev's shiny metal phone 856287

>>856282
...
>He looks down and away, sighing slightly.
...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be disrespectful. I haul stuff for important people all around the city. If I had a bit for every debutante that gave me a sob story about how awful their life is, I wouldn't be here. But... Something tells me you're a bit different than the rest... Not to mention an actual queen...
>He goes back to looking out the window.
...Are you SURE you don't have anyone who is distressed by you leaving?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856288

>>856287

Most likely my entire staff.

I was in my teens when I was made Queen. They still think I'm a kid. They're very...overprotective.

Nev's shiny metal phone 856294

>>856288
...I only ask because we're being followed.
>he points to the window.
Black car with tinted windows started way back, and they're closing in fast.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856295

File: 1416266210012.png (356.71 KB, 951x1000, large (4).png)

>>856294

...Ohhh, shit.

>Facehoof.


>She folds her arms and huffs a little.

Nev's shiny metal phone 856296

>>856295
Someone you know, I guess?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856297

File: 1416266441344.png (98.96 KB, 896x1024, Adult Mint Imperial.png)

>>856296

Probably.

Or else it's even worse than who I think it is.

Nev's shiny metal phone 856404

>>856297
>They don't have long to wait.

>The car pulls alongside them, and the Watcher sticks his head out the window.

"You've been naughty, your majesty!"

Nev's shiny metal phone 856424

>Apartment 404. Knight's Tower residences.

>The doorknob rattles. A few seconds pass. Then the locks open, and the door swings open.

>A redheaded girl walks in, stretching out a bit.
Niiiiiiren? Its me!
>Wolfsbane looks around the apartment. No sign of him.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856433

>>856424
>There is, however, a sign of someone else. A fox, roughly the size of a pony, pokes her head out of Niren's bedroom for a moment.
...
>She quickly cringes and pulls it back in.

Nev's shiny metal phone 856449

>>856433
Orchid!
>Wolfsbane perks up immediately and heads over to the door.
Hi chiddy!
>Not really expecting much of an answer, she taps on the door twice.
...you're still hanging around here, huh?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856454

>>856449
...mm. Uh... hi, Wolfsbane.
>Orchid hesitates a moment, then opens the door again.
Uh... yeah. Yes, I am. I don't... really have anywhere else to go...

Nev's shiny metal phone 856462

>>856454
Yeah, I know... Come on out here and talk to me, I'm here to pick up my spare set of clothes.
>She takes a few steps back.
D'ya know where Niren went? I got his car down to a garage like he asked.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856465

>>856462
Uh... no, I'm not sure where he went.
>Orchid clears her throat and glances at Wolfsbane for a few moments.
But, um... when he comes back, I'll let him know...

Nev's shiny metal phone 856470

>>856465
...
>Wolfsbane makes a face for a few seconds.
...you're still mad at me, aren't you?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856474

>>856470
>Orchid's eyes snap open, and she leans back slightly.
What? N-No! No, I... um... I-I was just... in the middle of something, that's all...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856580

>>856474
...Huh?
>...That catches Wolfsbane's attention.
Whatcha doing, chiddy?
>She smiles big and wide. Just like she always got when she stumbled on a secret.
Tell me tell me tell meeeeee~

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856581

>>856580
Huh? Oh, um...
>Orchid clears her throat and quickly glances away.
...it really wasn't... anything important...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856582

>>856581
>Wolfsbane's eyes go wide.
...Chiddyyyyy... Do you have a boy back there?
>She giggles like a schoolgirl. Not her usual laugh.
Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeee~
>She leans down... Orchid might have a memory of Wolfsbane as a young girl. Her hair was much longer then, and she wasn't strong enough to walk around very much. She always wanted to hear about all of Orchid and Niren's exploits...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856585

>>856582
Wh-What? No! No, I-I was... um...
>Orchid trails off quickly. She hesitates only a moment, quickly glancing away from Wolfsbane, then visibly swallows.
...uh, hi, by the way. It's... Um... It's been a while...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856587

>>856585
Yeah, it has, but... You know how it is. You sorta called security on me last time I came by for a chat...
>She frowns, and then pulls her best puppy dog eyes.
You were about to tell me what you were doing?
>She hops down onto Niren's couch and holds her head in her hands, coughing slightly.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856588

>>856587
>Orchid lets out a soft, whimpering sigh, and lowers her head.
No, Wolfsbane. No, I wasn't.
>She hesitates a moment, then raises her head again.
And, I... well, frankly... I'm sorry, but can you blame me?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856589

>>856588
>She sighs.
Okay. You weren't.
>Wolfsbane huffs.
Okaaaay, so I pocketed a few candy bars! You don't have to hang me for it, jeepers!
>She pulls another face.
And I paid you back, didn't I? I could swear I have...
>No. She didn't.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856590

>>856589
I don't think you did, no.
>Orchid sighs heavily, turns away from Wolfsbane and stalks off towards the wall.
Of course, I'd have to check my records to be sure, but I can't actually do that because they're in my office and I can't get into my office because my store is somehow still a crime scene and the police haven't let me onto the same block for MONTHS--
>Orchid suddenly swipes at the air in front of her, and that... seems to trigger something. She takes a deep breath, swallows her frustration, and turns back to Wolfsbane.
...but that isn't important. It's fine... really...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856591

>>856590
...
>Wolfsbane, for one of the first times in her life, seems to be stunned speechless.
...
Uh.
...
Uhm I uhm hmm.
...
You reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally shouldn't repress stuff like that. That's really unhealthy...e

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856592

>>856591
...It's, um... It's really not a big deal. I was... just...
>Orchid clears her throat and glances away from Wolfsbane. The frustration is completely gone by this point -- if anything, she just seems embarrassed.
Um, I-I was-- I-- Uh, I-I... wh, wh-what have you up to lately, anyway? Have you... done anything interesting recently?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856593

>>856592
Orchiiiiid!
>She finally regains her presence of mind.
It clearly is! C'mon, I get why you'd hide it from Niren and the like, but you can't hide it from me!
>Her frown deepens. She seems to have trouble making the expression, like her facial features aren't quite sure how to arrange themselves properly for it.
If you want your store back, then let's get your store back! I'm sure we can find a way to kickstart the process, you and me!
>Now she's smiling with the prospect of adventure, and holding out a hand towards Orchid.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856594

>>856593
>Judging by the expression on Orchid's face, she knows that look well, but she was really hoping not to see it today.
I... no, Wolfsbane... You do know who has it, right? The Authority is investigating the massacre. It's an Auth crime scene... and we're mutants...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856595

>>856594
Mutants?
>Wolfsbane was already rubbing some skin cream over her birthmark. Matches her skin tone.
Nobody here but one little human girl who has a favor with an Auth sergeant she can call in because she stole some evidence for him to crack a case.
>Her smile just keeeeps on growing.
I think having the crime scene closed would make everything even.
...
Besides...
>A note of genuine affection sneaks its way into Wolfsbane's voice.
We're family, right? And family always looks out for each other.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856596

>>856595
...
>Orchid tries to respond, but says nothing. Her voice catches at the back of her throat, and she lets out a soft whimper.
...Wolfsbane, I...
>She lowers her head and lets out a long, heavy sigh.
...thank you...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856597

>>856596
Orchid, do you remember when we were kids, and I was trapped indoors all day, too weak to explore outside?
...
Well...
>She spends a few minutes applying the skin cream, and what do you know, under a usual inspection she wouldn't look like anything but a girl that was fond of makeup.
,,,No need to really thank me.
>She hops up, and pulls in slightly, pumping her fists.
Let's go right now! We hurry we might catch him living up to the stereotype!

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856598

>>856597
>Orchid doesn't say anything. SHe just lowers her head and nods.
...
>It takes her a few moments to realize that Wolfsbane is ready to leave.
W-Wait, now? Right now? I... a-alright, I guess...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856599

>>856598
>Wolfsbane puts her hands on her hips, and looks Orchid level in the eye. Funny, that there wasn't that much of a size difference between the two.
What, you wanna wait?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856600

>>856599
W-Well, no, but I...
>Orchid hesitates a moment, then sighs.
Alright, alright... lead the way...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856601

>>856600
Righto, old girl!
>She points towards the door, and trots off with a surprising amount of glee. She even does a little twirl as she heads out the door, leaving Orchid behind to lock it, assuming she had a key.
You can't keep hiding forever!

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856602

>>856601
>Orchid chooses not to respond to that.
>She pads out after Wolfsbane, quickly securing the door behind her, and then quickly heads after her.
Um... how are we going to be getting there, again? Can... You can drive, right?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856603

>>856602
Well, usually I run along the rooftops... But it is Niren's place. I took the bus!
>She waits for Orchid's reaction, before...
I'm kiddiiiiing! I took my scooter!
>Oh god. If Niren's car was bad, Wolfsbane's scooter was worse.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856604

>>856603
>Orchid stops in her tracks.
Oh. Um. I...
>She swallows and glances down the hall.
You know, I-I don't really like talking about it, but I... can technically fly... Um, why don't I just meet you down at the precinct?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856605

>>856604
...you ARE a fox of many talents, Orchid... Niren teach you that one?
>She waits for a second, then shakes her head.
Nah... That's one mystery I don't wanna know right now. And he won't be at the precinct...
>She skips towards the elevator.
...56'th Street 24 hour Donuts. Skulking around the back alleys. And besides, you should stay hidden, right?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 856606

>>856605
Y-You don't re... Um, okay. I'll just... meet you there. Don't worry, no one will recognize me...
>Orchid hesitates a moment, then turns and goes the other direction. She wanders around for a few moments, then heads directly for the fourth-floor fire escape. Thankfully, the alarm on that floor has been broken for quite a while now...
>Orchid steps out onto the metal grating and shivers softly in the cold. She closes the door behind her, hesitates a moment, and then leaps off the balcony.
>Before she even reaches the third floor, Orchid is obscured by a flash of white light. When the light fades, she has transformed into an overly large falcon, roughly the size of a pony. Having transformed successfully, Orchid flaps her wings and glides off in the direction of 56th street.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856617

Lurk

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856618

File: 1416335721896.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>After taking a break from a previous engagement, Shaun would have been in the downtown area of Canterlot. With the winter on the way it wasn't particularly odd to see someone bundled up and stepping lightly, the occasional icy patches on sidewalks and the like. The only main factors that made him stand out where the helmet he wore under his hood and his noticeably above average height. He wasn't hiding but neither was he being completely obvious out of habit but if someone where looking for him specificly, they would be able to spot him with little effort.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856849

>>856618
Sorry Ace, I am incredibly sick right now. It's terrible.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856928

>>856618
>An hour or so passes uneventfully. But then...
>Someone kicks him very lightly in the legs.
Yo. Auth-man. Wake up.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856931

>>856928
"Here I was, thinking I could get some beauty sleep in... I'm up, I'm up."
>He stirs and looks up at whoever this was from under his hood, stretching bit.
"Might not be Auth though. Who's waking?"
This post was edited by its author on .

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856933

>>856931
Port Authority.
>What is quite clearly a Canterlot King is nudging him.
Paid me a pretty penny to find you.
>The stallion holds out a picture taped to his hoof. Shaun's armor.
You wanna come with or do I have to get unpleasant?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856936

File: 1416380538036.jpg (208.72 KB, 788x800, stealth_entry_by_shimmering_sw…)

>>856933
>Seeing the photo, he made a quick mental note about being better at his his before standing up. Mediocre though, they at least didn't get his bad side.
"You can get unpleasant if you want, but I'd like to know who this 'Port Authority' is first before I follow."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856938

>>856936
You know. Port Authority.
You know what they say, right? All that jazz.
>The ganger sniffs the air twice.
Somebody's got a job for you, apparently.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856941

>>856938
"Ah, that port authority."
>With the modulation is was impossible to tell the connotations of that statement but he brushed the snow off of himself before addressing the 'king'.
"I'll come."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856943

>>856941
Yeah. DAT Port Authority.
>He trots off down the street, out of the alleyway, towards a really cheap-looking car on the street.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856946

File: 1416383521715.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>856943
>He follows along in silence before asking as they reach the vehicle.
"Mind if I see that photo?"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856947

>>856943
>>856946
"I think there might be something wrong with it."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 856949

>>856947
>>856946
>The guy hands the photo over and gets in the car.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 856952

>>856949
>No sooner does he have it in his hands then he casually tears it into quarters, kneel down and put it through the nearest gutter hole.
"You might call me a bit, camera shy."
>Shaun open the car door and takes a spot in the backseat,which was likely a bit more spacious for someone of his height.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856960

File: 1416417304654.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>Prin stumbled through the door after her shift as a Lounge Singer, she looked absolutely exhausted as she fell flat on her face in the doorway, too tired to even get up

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856961

>>856960

>The skeletal bird known to many as 'that fucking skeleton bird' but known by Prin as 'Boz' pecks at her face, and chirps inquizitavely

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856962

File: 1416417496394.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>856961
>XD
>Prin mumbles something along the lines of "I'm home" as she limply bats at the air around Boz

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856963

File: 1416417658819.png (251.89 KB, 700x600, d7eef7e92ee72ed1320b4bcc8b444f…)

>>856962

>Elly's boots now come into view.


Tough day?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856964

File: 1416417779239.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>856963
>Prin slowly raisers her head to look at her sister
"Oh god you have no idea"
>She headbutts the floor again

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856965

File: 1416417876718.jpg (128.12 KB, 800x800, 2acf4afb6d04375846a43b6d70b4c1…)

>>856964

Coffee?

Snuggles?


Coffee and snuggles?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856966

File: 1416417944307.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>856965
>She raises her hand to be helped up
"Third one, lots and lots of the third one please~"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856967

File: 1416418321650.png (512.55 KB, 825x925, 5afc9f8a798c242e0d53232843e62a…)

>>856966

>Elly grabs her hand and helps her up, then snuggles her.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856969

File: 1416418384925.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>856967
>D'awww
>Prin snuggles her sister back
"Mmmm, coming home to your snuggles makes it all worth it sis~"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856970

File: 1416418540354.png (290.76 KB, 670x645, 057a75b2505c033ec9a47eed09dd91…)

>>856969

I'm glad to hear that.

Shall I get the coffee right away, or not?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856971

File: 1416418630088.jpg (318.49 KB, 965x1350, Awww too bad for you, the zipp…)

>>856970
"I'd say later but I think I'm going to pass out if I don't get some soon"
>She giggles a little and gives her little sister a peck on the cheek

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856972

File: 1416418731713.jpg (102.59 KB, 570x660, d6387efd5ef81ac2ceea325c797b2a…)

>>856971

>Elly leaves, and returns with the coffee.


Here ya go, sis.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856974

File: 1416418775443.jpg (318.49 KB, 965x1350, Awww too bad for you, the zipp…)

>>856972
"Thanks Elly"
>She takes a sip as she plops down on the couch, sighing heavily

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856976

File: 1416418890608.png (581.06 KB, 756x1068, b12e7c7ecac82627f7c7bb76a55df9…)

>>856974

>Elly plops beside her, snuggling up to her.


TV?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856977

File: 1416418967756.jpg (152.29 KB, 768x1024, Nyah~.jpeg)

>>856976
>She snuggles back
"Sure, why not"
>She takes another sip
"So what have you been up to Sis?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856979

File: 1416419072700.jpg (635.24 KB, 1000x800, 67bea96de410cd066858d6a25cd2ac…)

>>856977

Really, not a whole lot. Magic training, and the odd job on the side. Whatever people want doing. Gardening, painting, assassination...

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856980

File: 1416419160953.jpg (467.58 KB, 800x800, Prin_and_Elly_Darksoul.jpg)

>>856979
>That looks like it could be from a Dating Sim XD
>Prin frowns a bit
"Maybe you should find a more permanent line of work Sis"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856981

File: 1416419252314.jpg (173.62 KB, 800x800, 01b887ad4be1fa98027d289cb3e319…)

>>856980

I don't have any qualifications. Besides, who'd look after the house?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856982

File: 1416419361253.jpg (200.25 KB, 450x725, Hahaha, bow to me.jpg)

>>856981
"Don't be like that, you have qualifications I'm sure of it"
>She kisses Elly on the cheek again as she channel surfs, yawning a little as she snuggled closer to her

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856984

File: 1416419472002.png (88.02 KB, 300x360, 056c2026687f1d4a8ae4c496b1d5c8…)

>>856982

I don't know...what kind of jobs would I bee good at?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856985

File: 1416419629117.gif (4.2 MB, 640x360, BWAAAAAAAAH.gif)

>>856984
>Oh god so cute~ XD
"Hmmm, well you could always be a maid, you'd be cute in that little uniform~"
>She laughs loudly

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856986

File: 1416419783945.png (679.96 KB, 900x1150, Dying on the inside.png)

>>856985

That's certainly a possibility, but a maid to whom?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856987

>>856986
>POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMFFFFFFFFF~
"Hmmmm, well you could go looking around, I'm sure there's an agency around somewhere"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856988

>>856987

Hmm...Well, I can do housework, and gardening...

I could probably pull this off!

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856989

File: 1416420086334.jpg (53.58 KB, 720x960, Beachwear still OP.jpg)

>>856988
"And its a lot safer than assassination"
>She looks around for Boz
"So hows Boz been handling?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856990

File: 1416420264346.png (723.7 KB, 540x760, 8cb70950ba414de0a3fad8fd0d92c9…)

>>856989

It's so good having a pet that needs no feeding, grooming or basically anything but attention.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856991

File: 1416420388090.jpg (200.25 KB, 450x725, Hahaha, bow to me.jpg)

>>856990
"Hmmm that is true, but I meant more structurally, has been holding together well enough?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856992

>>856991

Oh, of course. I'm the one who made him.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856993

>>856992
"Heheh, very true~"
>As they sit their Prins stomach rumbles loudly, causing her to blush a little

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856994

>>856993

>Elly giggles.


Snacks?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856995

>>856994
"Sure, I haven't eaten since before work"
>She keeps flipping through the TV before stopping on a program about motherhood and raising kids, it was clear this was something that interested her

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 856998

>>856995

>Elly catches on.


...Hey, Prin. You ever think about a family?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 856999

>>856998
>She sighs
"All the time, is........is that a bad thing?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 857000

File: 1416422092543.jpg (173.62 KB, 800x800, 01b887ad4be1fa98027d289cb3e319…)

>>856999

No.

You could have said something earlier, though.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 857001

>>857000
"Would that have changed anything though?"
>She finishes off her coffee and smiles at her sister

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 857002

>>857001

Do you want a family?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 857003

>>857002
>She nods
"More than anything in the world, I think I inherited mother parental instincts~"
>She giggles a little

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 857004

File: 1416422500914.jpg (83.69 KB, 640x560, 5aba8782f7048e20ae8b1cfab53397…)

>>857003

Then let's start a family.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 857005

>>857004
"B.....but how? neither of us can get the other pregnant"
>despite this there was clearly happiness in Prins eyes

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 857007

File: 1416422753047.png (615.58 KB, 1000x1324, 6ab4338d323ea8d96512da57a3f208…)

>>857005

Adoption, and genderbending magic. There. That's two solutions right off the bat.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 857008

>>857007
>Prin gets up and hugs her little sister tightly
"Thank you Elly, thank you for wanting to start a family with me~"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 857011

>>857008

>Elly hugs Prin back.


Don't mention it.

I love you.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 857012

>>857011
>Prin stares into her sisters eyes
"I love you too Elly"
>She kisses her passionately and hugs her tighter

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 857014

>>857012

>Feels gone. Sorry.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 857015

>>857014
>I think its a good time to stop anyways :3

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 857123

I guess I'm here now.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858279

What is Love?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858281

>>858279
Baby don't hurt me (?)
Hey Nevs.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 858287

>>858279
>>858281
Baby don't hurt me, no more

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858290

>>858287
There you go. Hello Cypher.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 858299

File: 1416718063557.jpg (237.53 KB, 800x566, the Darksouls and the Viamas-b…)

>>858290
>howdy

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858304

File: 1416718607791.jpg (588.2 KB, 1366x768, __the_morning_coffee_____by_lo…)

>>858299
Seems your doing well enough. Sorry Dark Moon's been a bit silent.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858315

>>858281
>>858287
>Precisely.

>Forgive me for being a bit absentee, playing DA: Inquisition multiplayer. It's absorbing.


>Hello to you both.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 858316

>>858304
>meh thats fine, I'm just model painting at the moment

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858320

>>858315
I can imagine. Am I the only one who shouts Skorpian's "GET OVER HERE!" every time I use the fighters chain ability?
>>858316
The Gundam you where building before?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 858321

>>858320
>nah, Table Top Miniatures

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858323

>>858321
For what game?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 858326

>>858323
>Relic Knights

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858329

>>858326
i think I've heard the name before.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 858330

>>858329
>its like Warhammer but with a more anime feel

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858332

>>858330
Hm, might look it up.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858441

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858443

>>856606
>She'd spy Wolfsbane hopping onto her scooter down below as she zoomed off, that white cat she carried around with her hopping out of the seat's storage container and into her hood before they set off.
>Wolfsbane makes good time, arriving not long after Orchid does. She hasn't spotted Orchid yet, and gets off the scooter and heads back towards the back alleys. Sure enough, back there is a figure dressed in typical Auth fatigues, but overlaid with a strangely old-fasioned trench coat. And he's got a box of donuts sitting on top of a little grimy table in the alley that he's happily munching from.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858444

>>858443
>Orchid circles overhead for a few moments taking the situation in, then swoops down towards the roof of the donut shop. She pulls up just before she slams into it, and flaps her wings hard enough to bring herself to a screeching halt. She perches on the edge of the building and glances down, observing the situation as it unfolds.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858445

>>858444
>A few pidgeons who were busy doing... Whatever pidgeons do when they're not relieving themselves on statues fly off into the distance when Orchid lands, wanting to get away from the biggest bird they'd ever seen in their life.

>Wolfsbane has put her hands in her big coat's pockets, whistling quietly. She stayed in her civvy outfit. If there was any trouble, she wouldn't be able to go invisible quickly.

>The cop raises his head as Wolfsbane walks up, and closes the top of his donuts.
"Oh, that girl..."
>Wolfsbane pops around the corner, all smiles and puppy dog eyes.
Hiya, gummy! How's my favorite officer?
>"Gummy" frowns, though it'd be tough for Orchid to see.
"...My name's not gummy, it's Gumpert... But..."
>He sighs.
"You just go on doing... Whatever you do."
>Wolfsbane giggles. She actually giggles, girlishly. And it sounds authentic, even though normally Wolfsbane has a deeper laugh.
I sure will, gummy! How's the detective work going?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858480

Lurk.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858487

>>858445
...
>Orchid decides not to get involved just yet, remaining overhead for the moment.
...
>But eventually, she does slink away from the edge of the building and drop into an entirely different alley -- around the corner from Wolfsbane and Gumpert, and out of their respective lines of sight.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858509

>>858487
>She can hear snatches of their coversation from this alley, but it's also dark and quiet back here. A few mice flee for their lives as she enters.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858511

>>858509
>Orchid hesitates for a moment, then closes her eyes and takes a long, deep breath.
...
>Eventually, she is obscured by a flash of bright white light. When the light fades, she's turned back into a fox. She walks over to the edge of the alley, but... she doesn't leave just yet. It's dark and quiet back here. She just perks her ears up, trying to pick up on as much of the conversation as she can.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858694

>>856952
>The ganger gets in the front seat... And a panel pops up from the middle, and the windows suddenly go full tint, and lock. No visuals of the outside.
Sorry, mister. Can't have you knowing how to find these two. You understand, right?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858695

File: 1416808096590.jpg (136.37 KB, 640x484, HELIROCK.jpg)

Lurk

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858697

>>858511
"...You can't be serious. That's quite a favor you're asking for. Closing a crime scene! I'll be stuck behind a desk for weeks!"
>Wolfsbane's at least partially broken character, returning more to her former nature of speaking.
Come on, Gummy! Someone reeeeeally important to me needs your help. Please?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858700

>>858697
>Orchid hesitates a moment, just listening to this unfold. She lets out a soft, nervous breath and glances at the corner.
...
>After a few moments, she pokes her head around the corner and looks at Wolfsbane. She doesn't say anything, but judging by her expression, she's clearly wondering whether she should get involved.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858705

>>858700
"..."
>Gumpert sighs.
"Fiiiiine. I'll get the crime scene closed off. And I'll take the lost wages on the chin... But you owe me again. Got it?"
>Wolfsbane just smiles, then jumps up and hugs Gumpert around the chest. Naturally, he seems just slightly distressed.
Thank you, Gummy! It's really appreciated!

>Of course, neither of them notice it's become quiet nearby...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858708

File: 1416808951299.jpg (208.72 KB, 788x800, stealth_entry_by_shimmering_sw…)

>>858694
>Shaun sat there doing his best to fit in the confines of the cabin.
"Drive. This is much more comfortable then having a burlap bag over my head."
>He was familiar with the routine and was he would have preferred to remain hidden behind the glass as well. Habitually he didn't trust most things in the city and made an effort to at least get a basic direction they where traveling from where he started. He knew the streets like the back of his hand but no one is perfect.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858709

>>858705
...
>Suddenly, Orchid's ears perk up. Something seems wrong about this. The fact that the crime scene is being closed is barely even registering for her right now. Her instincts are telling her that something's gone wrong. She ducks back into her alley for a moment and checks to make sure no one's sneaking up on her.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858711

>>858708
I could still whip out the burlap, really, if you'd prefer it like that. Besides, we live in the ****ing modern era, don't we? We should at least act like it. And Port Authority is paying me enough to afford the fancy sh*t.
>A left. Then a right. Then straight for a while. Then a right. Then a right. Then a right... He's driving in circles. Then they straighten out and turn around, and so on...
You must be something special to get their attention.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858714

File: 1416809486151.jpg (3.72 KB, 259x194, A smile.jpg)

>>858709
>Of course someone was. It wouldn't be right if someone...

>----


>It's him.


>----


>The man from the massacre. His face. The one who spoke to her. He's right there, less than six inches from her. And he's smiling in a way that's impossibly threatening. The lights flash and flicker... Is he really there?

I thought I'd find you heeeeeere, poppet...
>She could swear she can feel his breath passing past her fur...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858717

File: 1416809795039.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>858711
"Not just stunning good looks, I assure you."
>He says this, brushing away some invisible hair from the faceplate of his helmet.
"In all seriousness however. If you can talk about it, how long were you looking for me?"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858718

>>858717
>*Not just for my stunning good...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858719

>>858714
!!!
>Orchid freezes in place, unable to move away. She stares up at the man, motionless but for the rising and falling of her chest. She's too terrified to run, to scream, even to speak for a few long moments.

>But after a long, long period of silence, she swallows, lets out a deep, shuddering breath and opens her mouth.

...are y... are you going to kill me?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858720

>>858717
Port said he's been looking for you since that Corp fair that got bombed.
>That was... more than a year ago.
But for this job? Took me a few weeks to find you. I wasn't the King's ****ing manhunter for nothing.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858724

>>858719
Of course not, silly girl.
>The smile grows bigger.
You, and your family, will be saved for last. Of course, the first family of mutants have to bite it in the end.
>He's not speaking in any more than a whisper, and she'd never hear it if the streets hadn't grown so damn quiet over the past few seconds.
Heis coming. And in his storm, he'll wipe away the impure, the unclean... And we'll be left to take our rightful place...
>A knife flashes in the darkness
Give your brother our regards.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858726

>>858724
>Orchid's eyes suddenly go wide. She leans away from the man, but that's all she has the energy for.
...my... my brother?
>She lets out a soft whimper and glances away.
...wh-what does he have to do with this?

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858728

File: 1416810673238.jpg (208.72 KB, 788x800, stealth_entry_by_shimmering_sw…)

>>858720
"Hm, I guess I have been slacking.."
>Some suspiction clicks in his head for a second and he leans forward a bit towards the divider.
"I guess you had some more info then what you where given by port. Is that right?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858729

>>858726
You know who I'm speaking of.
>He stands up. Something is different about him now. She can hear...
>Gears clanking. The sound of tortured metal.

>Now. That's a fancy term for metal under duress. But it's just the faintest sound... And more like metal in actual pain.


Now silence.
>A hand reaches out for her neck...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858738

>>858729
>Suddenly, something in Orchid's face snaps. The man said he wouldn't kill her, but considering the threats he just made against her family, she seems to have forgotten that. As such, she leans back, squeezes her eyes shut and screams.
No! NO! MACARTHUR'S PARK IS MELTING!
>Without even realizing she's doing it, Orchid lunges forward and viciously snaps at the man's hand.

Attack: Roll 1d20 = 6

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858742

>>858728
Course I did. Now shut up. We're getting there soon. Port isn't patient. Authority will probably be quite upset too.
>The car is slowing down...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858745

File: 1416813116579.jpg (147.92 KB, 597x772, Blue_Planet_by_Shimmering_Swor…)

>>858742
"Yes, sir."
>It was hard to tell if that was sincere or not with the vocoder but in either case, he was silent afterwords.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858747

Goodnight Dark Moon.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858748

>>858738
>Her teeth come into contact with something. Something hard and metallic. Oil shoots into her mouth, the bitter taste helping imply she did some damage.
The storm surge is coming, Orchid. And it will be glorious.

>There's voices from the alleyway. The sound of a gun being drawn...

>A light shines down the alleyway, blinding. Gumpert's Auth flashlight, far more powerful than anything normally available to people. It's almost blinding...
"What the hell?"
What are you doing?!

>When the light clears, there's nobody there. No attacker behind her.


>Just a cyborg arm with a speaker chip planted in it. That she's currently buried fang deep into.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858749

>>858748
>Orchid doesn't say anything for a few long moments. She just blinks a couple of times, letting her eyes adjust to the light, and then finally looks down at what she's holding.
...
>She lets out a soft whimper and tucks her tail between her legs, but she doesn't let go of the arm.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858750

>>858745
>The car slowly comes to a stop, and the doors unlock. The ganger steps out of the car.
Come on. This way.
>Upon stepping out, Shaun would recognize the sounds and smells of what is probably the old theatre district. They're in some sort of underground car park, but just one level. Where exactly they were in the district, however, is hard to pinpoint.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858751

>>858749
"Go on, get out of here, stray wolf!"
>Clearly, Gumpert has never encountered an actual wolf in his life, though Orchid was certainly the proper size.
>Wolfsbane is standing nearby, and just frowns, eyes wide. She mouths...
Run, Orchid!

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858752

>>858751
>Orchid runs.

>She takes off down the alley, her claws digging into the pavement. She skitters along the asphalt and zips out into the street. She turns and charges through the lanes. She darts out of the way of a passing car and easily overtakes a motorcycle going ten over the speed limit. She charges down the road, weaving through traffic like it's what she was born to do, whimpering and yelping around the jagged piece of metal in her mouth. She screams, choking on oil, but no one can hear her around the severed arm she's carrying.


>Orchid is good at running. She's always been good at it. She could always run faster than the other children when she was a kit. She could run faster than most grown-ups when she was a kit. As an adult, she found she could run even faster. Right now, she's running faster than she's ever run in her life. She runs so fast, in fact, that she doesn't see the red light she's barreling down on.


Reflex: Roll 1d20 = 2

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 858754

>>858752
>And luckily for her, her burst of speed is all that keeps her from going splat. She's just low hanging enough to pass right between the wheels of a sixteen-wheeler, and even the slightest delay either way and she would be quite a bit flatter in the tail. She still gets a quite uncomfortable pain in the ears where they brush the truck's undercarriage as she zooms past.

>Another question she hasn't quite answered yet is: Where the hell is she going?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858755

>>858754
>Orchid doesn't know where she's going. She has no idea. She darts randomly around cars, turning down random streets as she comes to them. First left, then right, then left, then left again, and so on. She doesn't seem to even register where she's going. She wants to go somewhere -- anywhere, really -- but she has no idea where she could go that would be safe. So, she runs. She runs, and runs, and runs, until she can't run any more. And at long last, when her energy finally runs out, she ends up in a darkened, unfamiliar back alley, somewhere between two abandoned buildings. It's cold, it's raining, and Orchid is completely lost.

>Orchid finally drops the arm at this point, collapses to the street, and begins to sob hysterically.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 858762

>>858750
>He decided to keep this revelation to himself as he followed along with his cloak and hood around him in what could be perceived as 'business mode'. Here and now was not the time for questions, even if this port on the off chance didn't have anything to do with the Auth it was better to make a decent first impression. Most people who needed jobs done from his experience and observations weren't horribly fond of questioning people.

Nev's shiny metal phone 858954

>>858755
>Its quiet for a long time. Then, a voice from the darkness.
What's wrong, little fox?
>And if she didn't know better, she might swear that that was Niren's voice...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858968

>>858954
>Orchid scrambles to her paws, her eyes bleary and bloodshot.
What? What?! Who's there?!
>She lets out a strange noise, halfway between a snarl and a growl, and searches desperately for the source of the voice.

Nev's shiny metal phone 858973

>>858968
A friend.
>There's another person there. Their face is obscured by a red sequined mask, with dark cloth over the eyeholes.
Something troubling you?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858975

>>858973
>Orchid whimpers and slowly walks backwards into a corner, kicking the severed arm along with her.
Please don't hurt me...

Nev's shiny metal phone 858978

>>858975
Hmm. Do you always assume everyone you meet is going to hurt you?
...that's... Terribly sad. Maybe I'm not needed here after all. Do you need directions?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858984

>>858978
I...
...
>Orchid glances around, trying desperately to control her breathing. She glances around for a few moments, then lets out another loud whimper and shrinks further into the corner.
...Wh-Where am I? Who...
>She looks back down at the man in the mask and whimpers again.
...Who are you?

Nev's shiny metal phone 858988

>>858984
I'm nobody, really, but you can call me Red.
>Shed also notice a shock of red hair poking out from around the mask's top edges.
I travel around, and put on a show for tips. I happened to be in the neighborhood.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 858993

>>858988
>Orchid shivers and glances away for a moment.
...um... I-I'm... I'm Orchid...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859377

>>858993
Pleased to meet you!
>He takes a step backwards, and makes a flourish. He's wearing a tan suit with a sand-colored tie, with a white shirt and a vest underneath...
>He's about the same height as Niren too.
Though I can't help but think we've met before.
>He says in a sort of matter-of-fact manner, like he was really sure about it.
Would you like to see the show?
>There's what appears to be a full theatre stage behind him now. Funny. How did she not notice that before? It's made of a light-stained wood of some sort, and smells... mysterious, as opposed to the smell of garbage, stale urine, and street debris that the rest of the street does. A faint creaking noise comes from it.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859392

>>859377
...yeah, I was going to say that...
>Orchid hesitates a moment, then swallows and leans back.
...I... I guess?
>Still, she tenses up a little -- like she's getting ready to start running again...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859586

>>858762
>He's lead through a few corridors, each becoming more and more impressively ornate before arriving what appears to be in front of an old stage. The curtains are drawn, naturally. It has that sort of musty smell about it whenever a place is neglected for a long time without anybody living there. But the decor was once quite stupendous. This place probably not only predates the Corp War, but the War for Equestria as well. He can see tiny remnants of the scorch marks.
Sit down, buddy.
>His escort says. There's a seat that still seems to have most of its padding in one of the front rows. Seems comfortable enough... Also a bit big. Are they expecting to have some kind of massive meeting in here at some point? There's enough seating for at least 100 people.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 859606

File: 1416976949604.jpg (208.72 KB, 788x800, stealth_entry_by_shimmering_sw…)

>>859586
>He doesn't say anything but he's clearly interested and a bit curios as to the choice of building but, then again, who'd think to look for a place like this? He followed the gangers instructions and took a seat. It was to be honest of small relief it wasn't as cramped as the back of the car.
>He pulls back his hood as he sits down, folding his arms inside his cloak.
"I suppose your part of this is over until port is finished with me?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859618

>>859606
You betcha. But Port said something about someone else. Authority might want to have a few words too.
Have fun, bub. And good luck. You'll ****ing need it.

>He slowly walks away... As the few lights in the theatre go dim. Something is stirring behind the curtains, as backlighting suddenly flashes against it, casting two silhouettes onto the curtain, one on each half. Fortunately, the stage isn't terribly big, and he's up close.enough to get a good look.

>They're terribly distinguishable anyways.
>One of the figures is clad in the traditional Serenade coat. He can see the fur-like trim ruffling slightly.
>And, sure enough, the other has the silhouette and profile of an upper-level Authority patrolman. That armor is quite distinctive.
>Two voices come out of a little speaker set into the bottom of the stage.
Greetings, Agent.
Hello, Shaun.
>Just which one is speaking is unclear.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859621

I'm healing myself with healing magic.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859623

>>859621
>Not possible. You can only use your Estus flasks healing potions.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859628

>>859623
You can't tell me what to do! You're not my REAL master!

Also, hi.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 859629

File: 1416978679589.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>859618
>With the distinction of who is talking he decides to simply address them as a whole.
"Good evening gentlemen. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859645

>>859629
If you're still here, by the way, hello to you as well.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 859648

>>859645
Hello Conch.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859650

>>859628
>Hiya.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859652

>>859650
>>859648
Nice to see you again, gentlemen. You're doing well, I hope?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859654

>>859629
We have a job for someone of your talents.
We have a job for someone of your talents.
>There's a pause. The one in the Serenade coat turns slightly.
Rather, we wish to gauge what those talents might be. Whether you will be of use to us.
>Just one voice this time. Feminine. A mare under that coat?
Of course, we will reward you for your work. Most take payment in secrets. Is that acceptable?
>The other. Male.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859655

>>859652
>Yeah, I'm alright.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859656

>>859655
Good to hear. So am I, as it turns out.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 859666

File: 1416981871763.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>859652
I'm doing alright. Yourself?
>>859654
"I'm not in a position or inclined to say no at the moment. However if it is possible to ask, I would like to know what "secrets" you are referring to. Other then my query, your terms are acceptable."
>Despite the distance and silhouettes he attempted to make an educated guess as to the what they where in terms of general build and if possible what type of ponies he was dealing with. Not that he had anything planned at the moment but it may come in handy later.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859667

>>859666
I'm doing pretty well, thanks.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 859690

>>859667
Sorry for the wait, things are running really slowly on my end for some reason.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859693

>>859690
Ah... sorry to hear that.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859706

>>859666
Something that you wish to know that we are knowledgable about. Our sources are wide and vast. Or...
Something you want people to forget. A single secret for a single job. Depending on its nature, it will be removed from all accessible archives. A secret removed is roughly as valuable as one granted.
>Port, as one might assume the one in Authority armor is Authority, seems to fit the general description of a Serenade. Agile, lithe, and quick. Both seem fairly representative of what they're wearing, from the looks of things.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 859713

File: 1416985494263.jpg (208.72 KB, 788x800, stealth_entry_by_shimmering_sw…)

>>859693
Huh,turns out there where people streaming things. No wonder.
>>859706
>Not that he expected them to see it but he made an acknowledging nod.
"Understood. What would you have me do."

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859716

>>859713
Well, I guess that would explain it, then.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 859718

>>859716
If you'd like, we could do something in the morning, but right now I should probably be getting some sleep.

Goodnight.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 859719

>>859718
Good night then, Ace.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 859907

>>859713
>There is silence for a long moment. Then...
Find the one who assassinated the Silasian Ambassador.
Find the one who assassinated the Silasian Ambassador.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860187

File: 1417065025366.jpg (147.92 KB, 597x772, Blue_Planet_by_Shimmering_Swor…)

>>859907
>Shaun crosses his leg over his knee, definitely seeming interested. He's speaking through the modulation with a very professional tone, just getting the little things so he does the job right the first time.
"When I do, I assume you want them terminated or held until collection."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860325

>>860187
Preferably held for collection.
We would like to extract what he knows, if possible.
And to that end, you'll work with an Authority Enforcer. Someone on our payroll.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860335

>>859392
Splendid!
>He takes a step back, and a wooden cutout of himself just... rises from the stage. He shakes hands with it, and it sinks back down onto the stage.
Now, in order to begin... Tell me something you'd like to see. Anything you'd like.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860356

>>860335
...
>Orchid shivers slightly, staring up at the stage.
...um, I...
>She falls silent after that. She seems to be thinking. But eventually, she swallows and stands up. She picks up the cybernetic arm she's been toting around, carries it up to the stage and drops it at Red's feet.
Show me the person who this belongs to.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860358

File: 1417112455789.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>Prin is in the living room waiting for Elly to get ready, she has a nervous look on her face as she waits for her sister

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860359

File: 1417112528917.png (479.21 KB, 850x850, sample_e52e0b3b9a5b3830d5d2e97…)

>>860358

I'm here. I'm here.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860360

File: 1417112594958.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>860359
>Prin smiles at Elly and stands up, it was clear she was very nervous
"Ok then, lets get going"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860361

>>860360

After you

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860363

>>860361
>They head off and eventually reach the orphanage and after a quick check of papers and all that legal shit they are taken around to look at some of the orphans
(did you wanna play the dark elf or me?)

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860364

>>860363

>Why haven't we decided this yet?




>I'll play her for now.




>Elly looks around that the...selection.


>Not impressed, but too polite to show it.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860365

>>860364
>Lol I dont know XD
>Prin looks around, so far no one was catching her eye, though she did feel bad for a few of the orphans who clearly looked like they were almost too old to stay here anymore

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860366

>>860365

>Elly nudged Prin.


Dark Elf. Six O'clock.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860367

>>860366
>Prin gulps and glances around to look at the Dark Elf hoping that what happened to her last time wouldn't happen again due to being this close to one of them

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860368

>>860367

>The rest of the kids are staring at the two with hopeful eyes. The Dark Elf girl simply huffs, and then goes back to drawing.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860369

>>860368
>Prin stares at the Dark Elf for a long time before slowly walking over to her, much to the dismay of some of the nearby kids as Prin gets down to the Dark Elves level
"Um....hi there"
>She does her best to smile and look happy despite what she really wants to feel

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860370

>>860369

>The Dark Elf looks up.


...

>And then goes back to drawing.


I can tell from your eyes that you hate me, Elf.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860371

>>860370
"I.....I wouldn't say I hate you, we've...........we've just had less than favorable run ins with Dark Elves before, but I don't hate you personally, I just didn't expect to see a Dark Elf here"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860372

File: 1417113492131.jpg (11.18 KB, 259x194, Red Mask.jpg)

>>860356
Now, isn't that a prickly question?
>He examines the arm.
The one who built it, or the one who wore it? I suppose I'll just have to guess.
>He takes a step backwards. After a few seconds, another cutout rises from the stage, and colored paint slowly swirls on it before settling into...
>That's the one. It's him.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860373

File: 1417113695120.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860371

>She puts the pad down.


You were telling the truth.


Hi.

I'm Saucha

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860374

File: 1417113778605.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>860373
>Prin smiles at her
"Saucha huh? thats a very nice name, I'm Prin and thats my little sister Elly"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860375

File: 1417113943186.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860374

>Elly nods. Her sister was always the more caring, tactful one. Elly would keep her mouth shut.



>Saucha looks up to Elly.


...Gifted talker.


>Elly sighs, and sits down to join their level.


What were you drawing, Saucha?


>Saucha lifts up her drawing. Hellfire, brimstone and the souls of the damned and tortured. It's also pretty good for..however old Saucha is.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860376

>>860375
>Prin gulps as she looks at it
"Its um...............its nice"
>Its so obvious she's lying, hell if she was hooked up to a polygraph machine it'd explode from how much she's lying, like in this example below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNLC-b8zWEk

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860377

File: 1417114270199.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860376

You're a bad liar.

I know it's bad. I just want to draw it.

>Elly chuckles.


Okay, I like this kid.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860378

>>860377
>Prin rubs the back of her head as she stands up, chuckling nervously
"So Saucha, how old are you?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860379

File: 1417114474846.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860378

I'm 9.

>She blinks, and starts to realize that she's going to be adopted.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860380

>>860379
>Prin smiles a bit more naturally now
"So Saucha tell me, would you like to come home with us?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860381

File: 1417114620402.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860380

...You're serious?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860382

>>860381
>She looks to Elly and then back to Saucha, nodding
"Yes, I know its a bit odd for Wood Elves to adopt a Dark Elf but I like you, theres something about you thats different"
>She giggles

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860383

File: 1417114820406.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860382

And you don't seem like wood elves either. Hell, she smells like a demon.

>She points to Elly.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860384

File: 1417114923271.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>860383
"Well thats easy to explain, its because our father was a demon"
>She laughs happily and gets down to Saucha's level again

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860385

>>860384

And you mom was a Wood Elf.

>Saucha chuckles.


How did that happen?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860386

>>860385
"Long story, but one that proves that love crosses all boundaries"
>She blushes a little at remembering the story her mother told her when she was little about how she and Cypher met and fell in love

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860387

File: 1417115130919.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860386

Well...It's a good message.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860388

>>860387
"I know right? so how about it, want to come with us?"
>She smiles warmly as a few of the kids nearby began praying that Saucha would say no so they would have a chance

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860389

File: 1417115318137.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860388

Yes!

Ohmygod yes!

>She actually smiles now.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860390

>>860389
>There are loud sighs and even an "oh come on" from nearby kids as Prin giggles a little
"I take it you've been here since you were a baby?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860391

File: 1417115518990.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860390

...No. I was brought in when I was four. My mother died in childbirth, and my dad took it out on me.

I was taken away by the Guard, back when we still had a Guard.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860392

>>860391
"I'm so sorry to hear that Saucha, well don't you worry, Elly and I will be the best parents you've ever had"
>She keeps up her smile and opens her arms for a hug

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860393

>>860392

That won't be very hard.

>Group hug.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860394

>>860393
>Prin hugs them both tightly before they head off to handle the papers, once that was done they take Saucha home
"Welcome to your new home Saucha, I hope you like it"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860395

>>860394

I love it! This is a really nice house!

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860396

>>860395
>Prin giggles
"thank you, Elly and I do our best to make our little love nest looking nice~"
>Prin was very aware at the fact that she had just called its a love nest and she was blushing hard now

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860397

>>860396

>Elly blushes too, but it goes right over Saucha's head.



So where's my room?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860398

>>860397
>Prin lets out a small sigh of relief, thank god she was too young
"Its upstairs near ours, c'mon, I'll show you"
>She takes Saucha up to her room, inside was fairly large bed, especially for a little girl, a desk, closet, mirror and a few things that a girl might need
"well, how do you like it?"
>Also on the bed was a large teddy bear, about half the size of Saucha

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860399

File: 1417116278579.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860398

I like it!

Well, for a start, anyway.

>She smirks.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860400

>>860399
>Prin giggles and decides she should probably tell Saucha about her and Elly now so she doesnt ask questions later
"Oh by the way Saucha there's something you should now, while Elly and I are sisters we're also lovers, I know its not something I should be telling a 9 year old but it helps prevent things getting super awkward later down the line............I hope"
>She laughs awkwardly

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860401

File: 1417116564637.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860400

>She visibly struggles to get her head round the concept of incest.


So which one are you usually? Sisters or lovers?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860402

>>860401
>She blushes a little
"Lovers, anyways sorry if its a little confusing to you, but feel free to call us both mommy or mother"
>She gives her a tight hug, it was clear Prin was very happy about having a child now

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860403

File: 1417116753199.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860402

>She hugs back.


It's going to feel weird using the word for the first time in my life.

...If I accidentally call either of you matron, please ignore it.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860404

>>860403
"Matron? I assume thats something from the Orphanage?"
>She gives Saucha a loving nuzzle

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860405

File: 1417116850278.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860404

Yeah. They were the adults.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860406

>>860405
"Ah ok then, well you'll get used to using the word mother eventually"
>She lets her go and stands up
"Now then Elly is normally home most of the time but I work nights, not every night, mostly just thursdays through to sundays but I could be called in whenever so I may not always be here when you go to bed but I'll be here when you wake up"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860407

File: 1417117050392.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860406

Alright.

So, Elly doesn't have a job?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860408

>>860407
"She doesn't have a permanent job like me with my singing but she does work from time to time"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860409

File: 1417117124685.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860408

I see.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860410

>>860409
>She smiles at her
"Hey how about I give you a look at what I do at work~?"
>Without waiting for an answer she starts singing in elvish, she wasnt sure if Saucha would understand the song but she didnt care becuase it was fun to sing in elvish, once she finishes she looks at Saucha
"what do you think?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860411

>>860410

>Her eyes light up and her jaw drops.


...You're amazing!

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860413

>>860411
>She blushes a little
"thanks, I've been working on my singing since I was a little girl, its the only thing I'm really good at as I lost interest in archery when I was younger and I'm not as strong a mage as Elly"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860414

>>860413

All I really do is draw, but I'm not very good at that.

I don't know what I'm good at.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860415

>>860414
"I'm sure if you work on it you'll be very good, why don't I buy you some books on how to draw better for you?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860416

File: 1417117583958.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>860415

You'll do that?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860417

>>860416
"of course, you're my daughter now, what sort of mother would I be if I didn't help my daughter get better at something?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860418

>>860417

>Saucha glomps Prin.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 860419

>>860418
>Prin giggles and hugs her back tightly and kisses her on the forehead
>Scene?

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 860420

>>860419

>Scene

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860502

>Lurking.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860520

File: 1417132291154.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>860325
"Understood. I still have a public/social appearance to keep as you are probably aware but I will do my best to co-ordinate with this enforcer."
>He waits for a second, before speaking again.
"Will there be anything else?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860532

>>860520
No. There is nothing else.
No. There is nothing else.
We will find you when you have apprehended the guilty party.
>The lights flicker, and fade, the silhouettes slowly vanishing.

>The ganger is back, and he's clapping.

What a great show! My, my, definitely worth the ticket price. I'll have to come see it next year!

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860552

>>860532
"With any luck, it may come sooner then that. Then that."
>He stands and stretches his limbs for the squeeze of getting back in that car again as he approached.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860564

>>860552
>Soon enough, they're back in the car. And some time after that, Shaun is dumped back out onto the street where he started from unceremoniously and tossed a small bag.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860571

>>860564
>Brushing the snow off himself he just manages to catch the bag with his off hand before asking the obvious question.
"What's this?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860583

>>860571
>The window's already being rolled up and the wheels spin as he drives away. Looks like he'd have to figure it out himself.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860594

File: 1417138814493.jpg (208.72 KB, 788x800, stealth_entry_by_shimmering_sw…)

>>860583
>"Typical" he thought to himself. He wandered into the nearest unoccupied alley before examining the bag and it's contents.
This post was edited by its author on .

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860607

>>860594
>Keycard. Address of the hotel where the ambassador was staying. Silasian phrasebook and customs guide. Six bullets, of a strange type, designed for a Auth standard issue firearm.

>And silence. Nothing but the steadily gathering snowfall and the engine rumble of a distantly passing snowplough.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860616

>>860607
>Hm, saves him the trouble of finding those books at least. He had a hunch what the keycard was for but the rest of it, the bullets in particular he'd have to look into later.
>Closing up the bag he placed it inside his cloak, and starting on his way back home. The only thing unaccounted for at the moment, was his new "partner" or tag along. He'd have to cross that bridge when he came to it because as far as he could tell, he wasn't hiding in the bag.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860621

>>860616
>*started on his...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860625

>>860616
>Probably waiting for him at the hotel, if he's still investigating the scene. Or he'd find him later. The back of the card with the address was a little hand-scrawled note with immaculate penmanship.
Don't keep me waiting for long.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860631

File: 1417143058364.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>860625
>With this coming to mind... he turned around and made way towards the hotel. He might have taken a little longer then expected but he didn't trust his vehicles winter abilities against what canterlot's roads where usually like this time of year.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860641

>>860631
>Eventually, with a bit of navigation, he arrives at the hotel. It's got an Authority cruiser parked outside. Just the one.

>And a doorman. And two security guys outside. They appear to be expecting him, so they're not doing anything to block his way.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860643

>>860641
>If nothing was going to stop him, he would have entered. With it being on the news it wouldn't be hard to find the room.
>Plus, he expected that whoever port decided his partner would have been they would likely know what his armor configuration looked like. If a ganger knew, he would have been blown away if their actual Auth person assigned to him didn't.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860664

>>860643
>The door to the room is open when he arrives. There's only one person inside.

>The first feature that would strike him is the colors. The black and green of the Disposal unit, in their preferred urban camo pattern. Whoever it is is wearing a suit, full body, in what appears to be full HAZMAT style, with sleeves tucked into gloves. It's very thick, too, and the way the material seems bulky, it looks like there's an inner layer on the suit as well. Gloves seem particularly fine, multi-layered and tightened. On the belt, a strange heavy pistol, about the size of a human Desert Eagle. The figure is humanoid as well, though strangely slightly hunchbacked, from the looks of it. On the top, is a helmet. The whole front is glassed over, but darkened to such a point that is completely impossible to see through. There must be a screen somewhere on the outside. And to complete the look, on the shoulder, a patch for Disposal.


>He or she doesn't turn to look when Shaun enters.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860671

File: 1417147764076.jpg (208.72 KB, 788x800, stealth_entry_by_shimmering_sw…)

>>860664
>Although several thoughts came to Shaun before involving this 'persons' physicality, the most strongly repeated in his head was "How the hell am I going to use stealth with him.. her.. it, following me...?"
>Paying careful attention to where he stepped (this is a crime scene after all) he entered the room and cleared his throat, attempting to get this hermetically sealed 'thing's' attention.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860673

File: 1417148133374.jpg (78.13 KB, 900x900, The Suit.JPG)

>>860671
>The thing turns his head, looking at Shaun for a long moment... And...
Hey there. Thanks for getting off the train for Murder Central Station. Welcome to the crime scene. You're the guy Port and Authority sent?
>...That's a surprise. The voice is definitely masculine, and surprisingly youthful, and crystal clear. That's some impressive tech, considering how thick that suit is. It's also terribly old fashioned, as well. Like someone had to dig back to find something special just for this person.
What's your name, stranger?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860674

>>860372
>Orchid gasps and leans back. Even the flat, lifeless image of this man scares her in a way that proves impossible to hide.
...
>But, eventually, she swallows and glances back up at the stage. Up to this point, the image of this man has eluded her. It's as if her mind has been trying to keep his face from registering. Even the description she gave the police was shoddy at best. But that comes to a stop now. She stares intently at the cutout, memorizing every line, every shadow, every contour of the man's face. She wants -- needs to find this man, and knowing his face is the first step in the process.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860676

>>860674
It's not quite a perfect representation, I'm afraid. Such is the nature of the thing. But it is a damned good fake, I think.
>Red Mask takes a step backward, letting Orchid get a good long look before the cutout falls back down onto the stage.
You seem to have improved slightly. Here.
>He pulls a colored handkerchief out of his suit's pocket and hands it over to Orchid.
Dry your tears.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860677

>>860676
>Orchid lets out a deep, shuddering sigh and takes the handkerchief in her mouth.
...um, thank you...
>Having said that, she drapes it over her paw and wipes her eyes with it.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860678

File: 1417149008004.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>860673
>There was a short second where there was clearly a small level of surprise before he actually responded to him.
"That would be correct. You can call me Shaun for now. You are?"

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860679

>>860677
But the show's not over yet. Don't thank me until then, yeah?
>He hops backwards. A cutout of a chair catches him as he turns slightly in it to the back of the stage.
>Five cutouts rise.

>One is Orchid herself. It's almost like looking in a wooden funhouse mirror.

>Another, Niren. He's smiling, in that way he tends to do. Hair just as neglected as it always is.
>A third, Leo. Wings outstretched.
>A fourth, Wolfsbane. Big smile, looking over at the fifth cutout.
>...And the fifth... A confusing swirl of black and white colors.

>Red Mask looks at them all.

Big family you have, isn;t it?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860681

>>860678
Enh... I don't have a name anymore. I gave it up a while ago. I'm D-3777. Triple Seven works just fine for me. No time like the present to get to work then, eh?
>He raises his arm to his chin... and something presses against the fabric of the suit. Something attached to his arm, round and circular. Diabetic monitor? Probably not, No. Something else. It's impossible to see through the suit, other than the outline.
Pretty grisly stuff. Your stomach up for it?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860682

>>860679
>Orchid blinks several times and tilts her head to the side.
...I guess so... Um...
>She blinks some more, confusedly staring at the fifth cutout.
...I... think your stage might be broken...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860684

>>860682
It's strange. Can't get a clear image. Still, suits the purpose I think.
>The fifth cutout slowly turns red, and moves about the stage... Then it falls to the ground. The Wolfsbane cutout and the Niren cutout suddenly stop smiling. The four remaining cutouts slowly spread out, each of them heading into different directions. Red Mask shakes his head.
I don't know what happened. But it makes you sad, doesn't it?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860685

>>860684
...
>Orchid looks away from the stage and lets out a deep, shuddering sigh.
...I try not to think about it...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860686

File: 1417150496614.jpg (147.92 KB, 597x772, Blue_Planet_by_Shimmering_Swor…)

>>860681
"Alright, triple seven, as long as there's nothing modern pop related, I'll be fine."
>He's OU. He's seen some shit. You can't be around for as long as he has without seeing some things. He gestures an arm towards the room.
"After you."
>Despite being curios about the body, the rest of the apartment was important as well and he was making an effort to familiarize himself with it before looking at any reports, if there where any yet.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860687

>>860686
>*with it at least visually before...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860688

>>860685
Understandable. It must have been traumatic.
>The first cutout to fall is Orchid's. Then Leo's. Then Niren's... Wolfsbane's cutout stands alone, seeming to look around for a while... before falling down too.
Such a shame.
>He hangs his head, adjusting his mask just slightly.
And, indirectly responsible for your current mess, too, I'd think.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860689

>>860688
I... o-oh, no, I wouldn't go that far.
>Orchid clears her throat and glances around for a moment.
I mean, I... at least, I don't... think I would...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860693

>>860686
Nah. I'm more an Earthcore guy, anyways.
>Earthcore is a type of music category that refers to human ethnic music, or sometimes just human music in general. It's surged up in popularity recently.
Poor guy. Got his throat cut.
>The apartment is as fancy as it gets. Little bit on the small side for the sort of corporate room, but the rooms are still bigger than some houses in the city. Bedroom, smoke room, living room. From the customs book, it appears that communal smoking is a much bigger part of Silasian culture, though they tend to nontoxic herbs nowadays. The body is in the smoke room.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860694

>>860689
I don't know. But having family around sure couldn't have hurt, could it?
>The twin cutouts of Open and Lurch pop up next to Red Mask's chair.
And you've got friends, too. Or at least associates.
...You don't have many real... friends anymore, huh?
>She can see the faint magic glow around his head area.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860695

>>860694
...there's...
>Orchid looks down, and a few fleeting images flash through her mind. A man in a dark coat and a helmet, shielded from all contact with the world at large. A dark-haired working man who wore the grime on his face like he was born with it. And, if only for a moment, a fine gentleman with the face of a cat.
...There's a few...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860697

File: 1417155837415.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>860693
"Just that? Seems the stories have been exaggerating. Does it look like he saw it coming?"
>He makes a point of checking around the area for any visible signs that he might have been sharing a smoke when he met his demise. Well maybe not during the actual murder, but from the room he got the feeling it might have been a social call.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860708

Goodnight Dark Moon.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860771

File: 1417222341916.jpg (11.18 KB, 259x194, Red Mask.jpg)

>>860695
I don't doubt it.
>Red mask smiles slightly, and the cutouts of Open and Lurch fall down.
But is what you're doing helping them? Running away from your problems such a good answer?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860778

>>860697
No clue. Haven't looked at the body much yet. I've been waiting for Port's man to show up.
>The body is in the smoke room, as expected. There's blood covering one of the throw pillows in the room, ostensibly from when his throat was cut. There's finished snack plates around the room. There were multiple people in here at some point, having some snacks with their smokes. A half-finished cheese plate sits nearby the body, but strangely has no blood on it.
>There's writing on the wall, like the report said. It's been smeared.
"The storm surge is co-"
>It appears to have been interrupted at some point. Whoever was putting up the message must have left in a hurry.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860782

>>860771
I... what?
>Orchid falls silent for a while. Eventually, she glances down at her paws, opens her mouth to respond, then closes it again.
...What are you saying?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860889

>>860782
I can't say for certain.
It's just a hunch, but... Well... I'll ask a question.
What're you running from?
>His chair slides back on the stage, and all that can be seen in the shadows is his mask.
This man?
>The cutout of the man who the arm belongs to rises up again.
Your parents?
>Aaron Langzaat and his wife Lily. Aaron in his favorite burgundy corporate suit and Lily standing next to him.
Or...
>At the front, inches from her face...
>Her own cutout.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860890

File: 1417230607512.jpg (11.18 KB, 259x194, Red Mask.jpg)

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860903

>>860889
>>860890
...
>Orchid doesn't say anything. She just lets out a heavy sigh, leans her head against the cutout of herself and closes her eyes. There are no tears. Not this time. It's been a long day, and she's finally starting to realize how exhausted she is...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860906

>>860903
"Orchid?"
>A voice calls out in the darkness.
"Orchid?! Are you out here?"
>It's Niren's voice!

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860909

>>860906
>Orchid suddenly gasps and opens her eyes again, snapping her head upwards.
Niren? Wha...?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860913

>>860909
You'll have to answer for yourself what you run from. And maybe when you do, you can learn to stop running. And stand up.
>Red Mask's voice is fading away...

>Niren comes running around the corner like lightning, fear in his eyes.

"Orchid! Oh thank god!"
>He runs forward and scoops her up in his arms and just hugs her.
"Orchid..."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860914

>>860778
"Was that an order or personal initiative?"
>Firstly, he checks for blood near the body. If he was here when his throat was cut there would be likely more blood on the near carpet implying his second object of interest, the pillow, hadn't been used to soak it up or something to that effect other then getting caught in a spray. Though, the third thing he was curios about the cheese tray. The fact that it didn't have blood on it was albeit strange but he was also curios if it was a set. E.g. was it just the tray with assorted cheeses or was it was one of those set trays that had the blocks of cheese and the correct cheese knives. If it was the latter, were any of the cheese knives missing?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860916

>>860913
>Orchid doesn't say anything. She just blinks a few times, silently sitting in Niren's arms. She tries to say something, but she can't think of anything to say. She eventually decides to just let Niren have his moment for now, and looks back over at the stage.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860940

File: 1417238762585.jpg (78.13 KB, 900x900, The Suit.JPG)

>>860914
A bit of both, really. Those two are information brokers to the Authority. Wouldn't do to upset them by having their latest... victim get the short stick, right?
>There's a bit of laughter from the suit. T-Seven heads into the smoke room behind Shaun, scratching his shoulder. Shaun would also get a look at the weapon on his belt. Solid metal, thick, and large. It's got a data screen on the top, near the trigger. On the side... Subjugator in indented letters.

>Just as Shaun predicted, there's more blood on the hear carpet, though it appears to have been caught in something. A bucket, maybe? There's a ring on the carpet where one might have been.


>The cheese tray. It certainly seems to be a set. Carved from underwood, that strange grey wood that, again, is unique to the Silasian area. Probably the ambassador's personal property. The cheese was probably also brought in and imported to bring all the tastes of home. There's a full set of knives as well. Except...

>The biggest one is missing. Most of the knives aren't really sharp.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 860943

File: 1417239643135.jpg (563.96 KB, 750x1776, Punk Niren.jpg)

>>860916
Orchid, I'm so, so sorry. Wolfsbane called me in a panic and said you were in serious trouble...
>When Orchid looks back towards the stage, Red Mask isn't there. What is there is a cutout that looks... Familiar. It looks just like her, but standing upright like a human. Same ears, snout. Tall. Same sort of tail. Actual arms, crossed. The cutout is smiling. Then it appears to wink, before it folds back down onto the stage...

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 860954

>>860940
"Victim? I feel flattered."
>Even if it wasn't a bucket, it made a little sense in a morbid way. If that note on the wall was the ambassadors blood you'd rather dip whatever you'd be using to write it in something other efficient then his now open throat. He had a suspicion exactly what implement was used to write on the wall but his is next and closest order of business was taking a look at how clean the cut on the ambassadors neck was in an attempt to confirm another suspicion.
>One question that seemed to come a little out of left field was..
"Can you look around for any recently opened or poured drinks?"

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 860999

>>860943
...
>Orchid just shivers and leans against Niren, saying nothing.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861001

File: 1417258793878.jpg (78.13 KB, 900x900, The Suit.JPG)

>>860954
Heh. You should. Apparently somebody's been saying good things about you. Or enough bad things to warrant an investigation.
>Triple Seven pulls out a pack of cigarettes from a pocket on his belt. Real things. Uncommon in the age of electric cigs. Just how he imagined he'd smoke in that getup was anyone's guess.
Sure, I'll take a look around. When you're all done, join me out on the balcony. I got a nicotine craving that needs a scratch.

>The cut is rough, hasty, but done with a steady hand. From the looks of it, it was personal. The cut is low down, where it could be hid by a suit. Someone wanted to make sure he could still have an open casket funeral. The rest of his body is not harmed in any way. In fact, it looks like it's even been cleaned up a little, save for a bit of cheese stuck in the thinnest of mustaches.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861002

File: 1417258857904.jpg (563.96 KB, 750x1776, Punk Niren.jpg)

>>860999
...And then I got this weird message that you were in trouble over here at this address, and that I should get here as fast as I could... Oh, Orchid... I'm so sorry...
>He gives her a squeeze, then...
....What... What're you looking at?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861003

>>861002
...
>Orchid keeps staring at the stage for a long, long moment.
...
>Then, suddenly, she lets out a violent shiver and leans in close to Niren.
...I'm so... cold...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861004

>>861003
It's okay. I'm here.
>He picks Orchid up, struggling a bit to do so, and carries her out of the alleyway and to his car. He sets her in the passenger seat, and turns on the heated seats and the heater...
>And as he carried her away... The stage just vanished from sight. But Red Mask appeared again... And he smiled.
I hope she puts it together like you did. The world needs less fear.
>And then he vanishes, too.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861005

>>861004
...
>Orchid lets out a deep, shuddering sigh and leans gently against the window. She sniffs loudly and closes her eyes, her jaw quivering slightly.
...I want to go home...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861006

>>861005
Which home exactly, Orchid?
>He climbs into the driver's seat and Orchid's seat gets nice, warm, and comfortable.
>But... Wait, this isn't Niren's car. His car doesn't have heated seats.
Oh, and I had to get a rental. My car's still in the shop.
>He steps on the gas, and it zooms off out of the alleys.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861007

>>861006
>Orchid shudders again, then suddenly whips her head around to look at Niren.
...
>Having done that, she looks down again and shivers.
I... just... just take me back to the apartment. I w... I want to sleep...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861008

>>861007
...What happened, Orchid?
>They arrive back at the apartments before too long. She seems to have headed in the right direction, for the most part.
...You're not okay, are you? I ALWAYS arrive too late to these things!
>he slams his fist into the dashboard.
...Why do I bother even going outside anymore at all...
>He speaks in barely above a whisper...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861009

>>861008
>Orchid jumps when Niren hits the dashboard and whips her head around.
...
>She swallows, failing to make eye contact with him.
I'm okay, Niren... really... I'm fine...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861010

>>861009
Yeah. I... Listen, I'm going to just lock myself inside for a while. If you need me, you have my cell number. The room's still open to you, of course.
>He opens the driver's door and steps outside.
I don't think I can handle this. I can't protect you or Wolfsbane. She got shot at earlier this week. While chasing me.
>He sighs.
You still have your key, right?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861011

>>861010
>Orchid's eyes snap open.
She what?
>She suddenly opens the door and jumps out of the car.
Wolfsbane got shot? Wh-- She didn't mention that!

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861012

>>861011
Said she didn't want to worry you.
...Made me promise not to tell. I figure... What's the harm now? While we were out looking for your friend Salvo.
She was just grazed, apparently. You know how she is, though. Refused to get it looked at. Just put some bandages on and left it at that.
>He seems happy to leave it at that. His countenance seems... just broken. He sighs, heading into the courtyard.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861013

>>861012
...
I d...
>Orchid shakes her head and lets out a soft laugh.
...Well... I don't know what I thought associating with Serenades would get me, but...
>She falls silent for a few moments, then shrugs and pads into the courtyard after Niren, headed for the building.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861014

>>861013
I know.
...
I'm just going to pretend none of this happened and hope it all just goes away. I already came close enough to death.
>He quickly hops past her and bounds up the stairs. A tear falls from his face as he runs, and he disappears from sight quickly.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861015

>>861014
...
>Orchid shivers, walking slowly after him -- slowly enough that he'd be able to easily round a corner and fade from her field of vision.
...That sounds like a good idea...

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861016

>>861015
>Scene?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861017

>>861016
Scene.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 861061

>>861001
>To him, both options seemed plausible but neither of them where that comforting. Both implied he was being noticed.
>Shaun nodded.
"See you then."
>He fished out the Silasian customs guide and flipped through it looking for possible mentioning of death/burial rights.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861063

>>861061
>Silasian burial customs usually involved using an excavated mining tunnel, into which the dead were lowered after a ceremony, or without one, depending on the importance of the person. All silasian burials are mass graves, as space was apparently at a premium. Much of the guide is guesswork, as, on the whole, Silasians outside of their home city is very rare, and few are wont to talk much about their traditions.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 861068

>>861063
>Well, at least that possibility is still open just a hair. It did interest him that he was cleaned but whoever did it missed the piece of cheese left in his mustache but that was something he'd get back to. He stood up and made his way over to the message on the wall. He didn't expect to find much but he switched to the phrasebook half flipped through it in search of something that translated to similar. His main interest was the stroke in the letters. Did they look like they where made with a brush of some sort or something more improvised.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 861072

>>861068
>No. Nothing. Not only that, but Silas City used to be underground for hundreds of years. Storms are a foreign concept to the culture, especially a term like Storm Surge... Or something that's come about since the city surfaced.
>The letters look improvised. Nothing as specialized as a brush was used.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 861081

File: 1417303860636.jpg (147.92 KB, 597x772, Blue_Planet_by_Shimmering_Swor…)

>>861072
>Damn. It was at least worth a shot. It's got to mean something but "Why would it ever be that easy?" he couldn't help but think to himself. while he was at it he checked two things.
>First was if the width of the letters matched the bloodstains on the pillow. Second was how high the letters where from the floor. Since ponies seem to be generally shorter then humans, the letters would likely have been lower if it where a human which have been at least head head or upper torso height. Implying they didn't stand on something.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861441

*lurks*

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 861449

File: 1417411370001.jpg (588.2 KB, 1366x768, __the_morning_coffee_____by_lo…)

Gentlemen.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861973

>As the sun rises, to the extent that it can rise, over Canterlot, Stormfront steps out into the sunrise. He checks his rifle once, then nods, slips into the alley and stows it away in a conveniently placed and remarkably well-hidden lockbox. He quickly heads off down the street, helmet pulled over his head, and shivers briefly. The weather's pretty nice, considering. It's cold, obviously, but the wind hasn't picked up and the snow isn't coming down too hard yet. It's certainly nicer than it has been for the past couple of days. Still, Stormfront pulls his coat a little tighter around him. He glances across the street once, then behind him, then across the street again. Once he's sure he's not being followed, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a burner phone.

>A few moments later, a similar burner phone begins to ring in a certain mutant girl's apartment...

Nev's shiny metal phone 861975

>>861973
Mneeeeeeeh...
>Comes the annoyed response. Wolfsbane struggles to pluck the phone from its resting place next to her bed and ends up just falling out of bed trying to get it. She groans, picking it up and opening it.
Whyyyyyyy are you calling me at sunrise... Its so eeeeeearly...

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861976

>>861975
Oh. I...
>Stormfront stops in his tracks and glances around again. Eventually, he just leans against a nearby lamppost.
I'm sorry. I... didn't mean to wake you. I just assumed you'd...
>He clears his throat, glancing around briefly.
I'm kind of a morning person.

Nev's shiny metal phone 861984

>>861976
Yeah, I get that.
>She makes some decidedly inhuman noise and rolls over onto her back, looking up at the numerous mechanical devices hanging around her room and over all the furniture.
What's up?

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 861985

>>861984
Well, I... realize this may not be the best time, but...
>Stormfront falls silent for a moment or two, still glancing around the streets. His gaze falls on a unicorn hobo who's recently stumbled out of a back alley, and lingers there for a few moments. Once she starts writing her name on the sidewalk, Stormfront quickly decides she's not a threat and gives the mare as much privacy as the situation allows.
...I was wondering if you'd like to get that coffee. I know a place, if you're interested...

Asomameow!sKlHUGGLEs 862482

File: 1417648459853.jpg (27.85 KB, 500x488, 317543-league-of-legends-vi-ar…)

Somewhere in Canterlot, not even fully sure of where she was, herself, there was a tall woman wearing large magitech gauntlets, tight-forming body armor designed in such a way that it still managed to show off her toned body while giving her strong protection, and a 105mm howitzer on her back. She was chewing some bubblegum and flipping a coin as she leaned against a wall, her medium-length pink hair drooped partially over one eye.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862492

File: 1417649522710.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>862482
>It was nearing the middle of winter and the near constant drizzle was replaced with a constant dusting of snow which unfortunately the street sweepers/shovelers had been neglecting in this neighborhood. It was actually this negligence that gave her the first tip someone was near with the crunching of snow as a familiar looking figure poked his head out of the adjacent alley.
"?"
>From the way he way he stopped still for a second, it was likely he had not been expecting her or probably anyone else to be standing there.

Asomameow!sKlHUGGLEs 862496

File: 1417649698461.jpg (111.03 KB, 1024x695, league_of_legends___vi_by_mr_c…)

>>862492
She turns her head to the noise; once she spots who it was, she makes a lazy casual salute to him. "Well hey, how are you doing, Jeff?" She smirks. "You look surprised to see me."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862504

>>862496
>He doesn't completely exit the alley but he nods at her in acknowledgement.
"It's not everyday you run across someone who can shrug off a shot like you took."
>He chuckled inside his helmet.
"I've been a bit busy. But nothing I can't handle."

Asomameow!sKlHUGGLEs 862509

File: 1417650445940.jpg (86.88 KB, 839x952, vi__the_piltover_enforcer_by_y…)

>>862504
"What can I say? I'm a badass~" Her smirk widens and she crosses her arms. "Busy, huh? Wish I could say the same, or not, I like my 18 hours of sleep a day."

"I am a cat, you know." She makes a light 'murrowr' to demonstrate. "Did you know cats can regenerate by purring?"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862514

>>862509
>His head sank a bit.
"18 hours? I can't say I'm not envious of that..."

"Hm, seems I'm learning things every day. At least you seem to know whether you want to be outside, or inside, or outside, or inside..... Or outside."

Asomameow!sKlHUGGLEs 862517

File: 1417651185477.jpg (69.61 KB, 766x1042, vi_by_naranavy-d7hxl4q.jpg)

>>862514
"Ooh now that's one of the hardest questions there is in life... Whether to go outside or stay inside... I prefer to have some kind gentleman open a door for me, then stand there and look at him expectantly. When he eventually asks me if I'm moving, I start walking in, then halfway in, I move back out. Then in. It's a fun strategy I have to say~"

"Also, hey, you want some catnip? I got some from my dealer not too long ago..."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862522

>>862517
"I can see those poor men's faces now. You are a cruel one."
>He thinks over her offer for a second before answering.
"Why not. I may not need it but I might know someone who would."

Asomameow!sKlHUGGLEs 862527

File: 1417651798055.jpg (111.01 KB, 751x1063, vi_study_by_badcompzero-d79j2v…)

>>862522
"I'll never deny that one! Especially when I'm on cat mode!" She makes a small laugh and opens a compartment on the back of her gauntlets, pulling out a bag of catnip the size of her head. She opens the bad and smells it, taking a deep breath and exhales with a dreamy smile on her face.

"Awww yeaaah that's the stuff..." She then reaches in and eats a small pinch of it and beckons him over.

"Well come on then, get over here."

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862539

File: 1417652484945.jpg (208.72 KB, 788x800, stealth_entry_by_shimmering_sw…)

>>862527
>He stood there for a second, clearly questioning her sanity. Then he began to question his as he actually stepped forward.
>It didn't take much to see, even with everything covering him, he was expecting some kind of trap.

Asomameow!sKlHUGGLEs 862550

File: 1417653285798.png (887.18 KB, 900x701, dragonslayer_vi_by_edmoffatt-d…)

>>862539
"Bah don't be shy, I'm not going to eat you! ... I save that for women." She grins devilishly and pats her knee.

"Heeere Jeff Jeff Jeff~"

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862569

>>862550
>It sounded strange with his modulation, but she could have sworn she heard him *snnrrrk* inside his helmet. Exactly which part he was reacting to, was hard to tell.
>At this point he was standing there, waiting for the nip.

Asomameow!sKlHUGGLEs 862573

File: 1417655473734.jpg (71.8 KB, 396x594, 20141201172809-9fcccc8c-me.jpg)

>>862569
"Murrrowr~" she laughs, and takes a pre-made small zip-bag out of the giant one and hands it to him. "Careful now, you won't want to overdose on it! You'll start being super cute and rolling around!

... Actually no, go ahead and bury your nose in it!" She grins.

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862578

File: 1417656114693.png (737.16 KB, 900x1673, silent_mobility_by_philip_027-…)

>>862573
>Now that he had some in his hand, he was quite curios if this was actually catnip or she was just crazy again.

>He tilted his head in a "seriosly?" gesture.

"That would imply I take the only thing keeping my ears warm off."

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 862618

>Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862619

>>862618
The ponyo is strong with this one.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 862620

>>862619
...Hah! He gets it!

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 862622

>>862620
Indeed I do. How are you nevs? Do you wish to do anything?

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 862815

>>861985
...This early?
>She groans, shielding her eyes from the harsh gaze of the sun that wasn't there as if he could see her right now.
,,,Maybe in an hour or two... And yeah... Calling me at sunrise isn't the best idea...
>She rolls over again, looking up at CashMoney, who is giving her a sort of thousand-yard stare and gently pawing a food bowl.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 862820

>>862815
...Okay. Fair enough.
>Stormfront glances up at the overcast skies, then nods.
I'll call you back. Sorry about this. You can, uh... get back to sleep if you want.

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 862834

>>862820
...I do appreciate the offer, maaaan.
>She tries her best to sound alert and awake and she fails. Horribly.
...Maybe l...ater.
>She slowly slumps over and starts to fall asleep already.

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 862838

>>862834
Okay. I'll talk to you in an hour or so.
>Stormfront nods and quickly closes the phone again.
...
>He lets out a silent grunt of frustration and sets off down the street again. He tucks the phone back into his pocket and quickly walks over to a nearby parking lot. He walks over to a black motorcycle with nothing more than some scratched paint to identify it, unplugs it from a nearby wall and walks it out of its parking space. He takes a long, deep breath, mounts it and quickly drives off towards Nowhere in Particular.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864446

File: 1418053090172.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>For Cyan
>Prin yawned a little as she walked into the kitchen, it was early in the morning, much earlier than she was used to getting up and as such her hair was a mess, she slowly started to make herself some coffee, shuffling around the kitchen getting everything she needed

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864450

File: 1418053248775.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>864446

>Saucha was already in the kitchen, eating cereal. She didn't look like she had much sleep.


"You look like hell."

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864453

>>864450
>Prin chuckles and smiles at her
"The same could be said about you, didn't you get much sleep sweetie?"
>She looks worried about this

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864457

>>864453

"I'm not a good sleeper. I tried and failed."

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864461

>>864457
"Well thats not good, maybe I should have read you a story last night, or sung you a lullaby, oh man, this is harder than I thought"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864464

>>864461

Hey, don't sweat it. I'm new to this too. You're doing fine.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864467

>>864464
>Prin sighs and sits with her
"was your bed comfy at least? I'm sorry if its not"
>It seemed Prin was trying very hard to give Saucha the best she could

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864470

>>864467

The bed's fine. Honestly. It's just me. My body doesn't like getting more than 3 hours sleep.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864471

>>864470
"Thats not a good habit, why only 3 hours?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864476

>>864471

>She shrugs

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864478

>>864476
>Prin folds her arms
"Now now, don't you shrug at me, you need to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night young lady, it is essential for growing boys and girls"
>She takes a sip from her coffee

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864480

>>864478

Tell that to my brain. It doesn't listen to me.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864481

>>864480
"You just have to train it to want to sleep longer, but still only wanting three hours, did that start at the orphanage?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864482

>>864481

...Yeah.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864483

>>864482
>She gets a stern look on her face
"Saucha what happened while you were there? did anyone ever hurt you?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864485

>>864483

Not after the first week, no.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864486

>>864485
"What happened? please tell me everything Saucha, I can't be a good mother if I don't know everything"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864487

>>864486

>She shrugs


There were some bullies. We got in fights. They eventually got scared of me.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864489

>>864487
"Well I hope you've gotten that out of your system because the school we're sending you to has a no tolerance policy in regards to fights"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 864490

>>864489

I don't start fights.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 864492

>>864490
"That's good to hear, but still, please don't get involved in fights Saucha"
>She took another sip from her coffee

Conch Shell VII!CloSETgeO6 864609

*is here*
This post was edited by its author on .

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 864973

>Ahem.

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 865002

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 865128

>>865002
>Helloo

Cypher(TAFE)!HwLm9GDmsw 865130

Ace_noir!chrome.v2U 865166

File: 1418188605105.jpg (288.61 KB, 1920x1200, the_interview_by_alexiuss-d6ua…)

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865251

File: 1418234806882.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>864492

...Okay....

But what do I do if they start it?

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865253

File: 1418234917336.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>865251
"Don't fight back, just get away from them, now I'm not saying don't do anything to stop them, if they start trying to punch you just block and dodge and hopefully a teacher will come to your aid, if they call you names just ignore them, remember there is nothing wrong with being who you are"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865254

>>865253

I'll try to remember that, but when they hit me, it just makes me so angry.

Ace_noir 865256

File: 1418235191582.jpg (22.28 KB, 464x261, 155149_TarboyScreen07.jpg)

>lurk

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865257

File: 1418235201753.jpg (318.49 KB, 965x1350, Awww too bad for you, the zipp…)

>>865254
"I know, but you can't let your anger get to you, you have to just let it go ok? bullies will pick on you to get a reaction, if you react they'll keep going, if you don't react they'll leave you alone, you just have to ignore them sweetie"
>Prin smiles warmly and hands her a cup of hot cocoa

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865258

>>865257

Easier said than done.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865260

>>865258
"I know, you should go ask Elly about dealin with bullies, she dealt with our bullies when we were little"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865262

>>865260

Yeah, I can picture that.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865263

>>865262
>Prin chuckles
"And why is that?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865264

>>865263

She just seems more...tomboyish.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865266

>>865264
>Prin nods
"Yup, she's never really been into overly girly stuff unlike me, though she does look really cute in a dress~"
>Prin blushes a little

Nevermore !NeverGIA4U 865268

>And I'm here too

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865269

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865270

File: 1418236351026.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>865268

>Hi.


>>865266

I hate dresses. Whoever designed them didn't have comfort in mind.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865272

File: 1418236446715.jpg (66.95 KB, 500x707, Prin_Darksoul_Older.jpg)

>>865270
>Prin, who wore dresses a lot, simple laughed
"hey now, I like dresses, they're comfy once you get used to them"

Ace_noir 865273

File: 1418236450713.jpg (60.58 KB, 600x765, __Cutter_Brontes___by_wyv1.jpg)

>>865268
>Hello Nevs.

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865274

File: 1418236533622.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>865272

It's going to take me years just to ditch the association of dresses with mustiness and getting my face scrubbed with soap.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865276

>>865274
"More things from the orphanage I take it?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865277

>>865276

>She nods

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865278

>>865277
"Did you have many friends back in the orphanage?"
>She gets up and starts cleaning the dishes and cups

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865282

>>865278

I didn't really make any friends.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865285

>>865282
"Well now thats no good, hopefully you'll make some friends at school"
>She smiles and walks into the living room, turning on the TV and putting the cartoon channel on for Saucha

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865286

>>865285

Can you put it on the science channel? I don't like cartoons.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865288

>>865286
>Prin blinks slowly
"Don't.........like........cartoons?..........."
>It seems she's having trouble comprehending a kid not liking cartoons

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865289

>>865288

>She shakes her head.


They're load and annoying and don't make any sense.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865290

>>865289
"Um, o.............ok then"
>She puts the science channel on, she was still clearly confused that a child could NOT like cartoons, everything she knew was a lie

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865291

File: 1418237419415.jpg (133.05 KB, 450x600, Saucha.jpeg)

>>865290

I was the only one in the orphange who didn't like cartoons.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865293

>>865291
"Did the others make fun of you for it?"
>Prin sits down with Saucha wondering if she understood this stuff or not

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865294

>>865293

Kind of. I never got angry when they did.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865296

>>865294
"Well thats good, I guess its silly to tease people about what they watch though, but I guess not liking cartoons as a kid is a bit odd, but its just something that makes you unique"
>She gives Saucha a cuddle

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865297

>>865296

That's a nice way of looking at it.

>She smiles, and cuddles back.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865298

>>865297
"Mhmm"
>She gives Saucha a kiss on the cheek and snuggles tighter before realizing something
"Oh I almost forgot, I got you something"
>She gets up and heads upstairs before coming down with a book, she hands it to Saucha, it was a book on how to draw properly
"I promised I'd get you something for drawing right?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865299

>>865298

>Saucha *glomps* Prin!


Thank you!!!!

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865300

>>865299
>Prin smiles and hugs her tightly
"You're welcome sweetie, I'll do anything to help you better yourself because I want you to succeed in life"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865306

>>865300

>She hugs tighter.


>It's notable she's crying now.

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865309

>>865306
>Prin gently rubs her hair
"Hey now, whats with all the crying?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865310

>>865309

I don't know...

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865311

>>865310
"Could it be you're not used to people buying you things?"
>She laughs happily and gives her an even tighter hug

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865314

>>865311

Maybe...

*sniff*


>brb

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865317

File: 1418238961776.jpg (200.25 KB, 450x725, Hahaha, bow to me.jpg)

>>865314
>She gives her a warm, motherly smile as she wipes her tears away with a tissue
"Now now, no need to cry ok? you're a big girl right?"

Cyan Hide !CyanV5oOvU 865327

>>865317

>Saucha nods.


...Ok...

Cypher Darksoul!HwLm9GDmsw 865328