[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]

/rp/ - Roleplaying

The board for roleplaying and roleplaying discussion.
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Flags
Password (For file deletion.)

Site maintenance in progress! Posts made now may be lost.

Ponychan-MLPchan Merger >>>/site/15219

File: 1411337554840.jpg (109.53 KB, 969x606, 1063918__fantasy-land_p.jpg)

Outside the Wall !MEOWKdWFcQ 830026

#Ask/Invite #Fresh Start #Non-pony #Shonen as fuck #I googled "fantasy land" for the OP image because I'm lazy

In the world of Neue Welt, the land is divided into two seconds. The smallest section being the Land of Mans where people go about their day as normal. The other section, which dwarfs the human world, is the Land of Monsters.

Protected by walls, chasms, moats, and guards, humans are able to live without fear of the dangers of the Land of Monsters breaking through.

However, despite the fact a normal human would be killed easily out there, there are people who make a living going to this land. These people, referred to as Hunters, Explorers, Retrievers, or Wanderer, arm themselves with specialized weapons and leave the safe haven of their cities and set out for profit or adventure.

The Land of Monsters is full of invaluable treasure, mysteries waiting to be revealed, and challenges any Hunter can't refuse.

Other information:
Adventurers:
There are 4 types of Adventurers, all depending on what they leave they seek to do. Any of the four can do the job of the other, it all depends on what they are primarily good at.

Hunters: They are the ones who seek to slay monsters. Either for sport, new weapons, meat, or just as a challenge.

Wanderers: People who go out with no purpose in mind and no job taken from a quest giver. They go out for the sake of going out.

Retrievers: Retriever, as the name implies, go out to retrieve items from a fallen Adventurer. People die outside the wall and it helps to retrieve either their body or their weapon.

Explorer: People who explore landmarks found outside the wall. One of the most common Adventurers, due to the sheer size of the land of monsters and the mysteries that it holds.


Vitae:
Vitae is a term for two things. A metal found only in the land of monsters and the weapons that are made of the stuff; Vitae Sword, Vitae Axe, etc.

After bringing in weapons, such as guns and regular weaponry, to the land of monsters, people quickly discovered that they were almost useless against most residents of the world. Vitae was one of the materials that gave people the ability to actually take out the monsters that roam outside the wall; being incredibly durable and can cut with ease.

These weapons can range from a axe, a sword, a spear, or even a saw if someone is creative enough. Vitae Bullets aren't much of a option however, due to the rarity of the material. There are stock Vitae Weapons, but most Adventurers like to have a weapon uniquely crafted to their tastes, to call it their own.


Monster Rankings
A: Large, potentially hostile
B: Small, potentially hostile
C: Large, docile
D: Small, docile

S ranks: S Ranks are reserved for monsters that will attack a human on sight, with no warning or unprovoked. They go from S to SSS depending on the strength of the monster.


Rules:
The usual: Listen to others, be kind and courteous, no attacking others out of the blue without asking the owner of the character, nothing too violent, rape is a no no. Basically what you would see in a standard canon.

The first mission is for me and a friend of mine only. Once it's finished, we'll invite others or see if anyone wants to join.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 830074

>>830026
>currently, two of said Adventurers were on a mission outside of the wall.

>resting at a campfire after a long day of traveling, the two restlessly waited for the sun to come up. The area was quiet and cold, not a sound was heard other than the crackling of the fire. Tall thin trees rose to the heaven around them, their branches blotting out the sky.


>resting against the tree was a woman who looked to be in her 20s. Wearing a sleeveless, piece of leather armor and a pair of baggy pants. Her armor was designed to be both protective and lightweight, not too heavy, not too constricting, and strong enough to protect against the fast and weak attacks she couldn't dodge.


>by her side was her weapon of choice, a large cleaver-like sword, one that looked to be meant for two hands. Judging from the muscles on the girl's arms, she could wield it easily.


>brushing her long hair from her eyes, trying to keep herself from dozing off, the woman looked to the man traveling with her


Want to throw another log on the fire or you think we're good?

!MEOWKdWFcQ 830107

>>830092
I think I'll stick to salted meats.

>when it comes to being outside the wall, one mustn't be a picky eater. You never know when you'll run out of food and don't know if the meat of certain monsters is poisonous. Being a picky eater could cost you both your stamina and potentially, your life.


>this girl, was one of those picky eaters. She ate fish, but only reluctantly. She stuck only to the supplies she brought with her; salted meats, dried fruit, and bread.


So...

>she leaned back, able to relax, setting her blistered feet in front of the fire.


...You know the plan?

>the two of them had taken a mission from the Job Board, a place where people can take quests that involve going into the Land of Monsters. They had just met on that day and barely gotten to know each other since. They didn't even see each other in combat yet.


...I kind of forgot it...

!MEOWKdWFcQ 830120

File: 1411343533102.jpg (178.55 KB, 544x600, 27338391_m.jpg)

>>830119
Grizzwalker?

>she rubbed her head, inspecting the image. What type of name was Grizzwalker? Sounded so silly... From the appearance, it was probably a Rank B creature.


>ruffling through her pack, she took out a canteen of water, taking a sip. Stating in a quite, semi-bored fashion, she listed off the plan she had just made on the spot.


Right then. Kill it, take a picture of us posing with it, bring back a trophy, reap the reward... The usual thing.

>she grinned, running a finger along her blade... Not realizing she was running it along the shape side.


Smiley Jack here hasn't been used for a while, hope it's a good o-

>it was then she noticed that she was accidentally cutting her finger


Gah!

!MEOWKdWFcQ 830132

File: 1411345559970.jpg (63.77 KB, 300x260, Akira-in-vol9-web.jpg)

>>830122
Finally found a ideal character for her
Right...

>she sucked on her cut finger


...The Grizzwalker's footprints have 5 claws, and no pads on them. So look for those. As for their diet... It consists mostly of fish and smaller creatures, so riverbank would be a good idea. The soft ground there will easily reveal their footprints.

>she was more intelligent than she initially came off as, maybe it was the subject?


...And it's Jackie Sandberg. If you call me Jack, I will punch you.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 830143

>>830138
Demetri, nice ring to it.

>she tapped her weapon


Smiley and I been through a lot. Mostly hunts, a few retrievals, explorations are enjoyable... Sometimes I just go out and wander... I've been through it all.

>she sighed, pulling her feet away from the fire. They were starting to get too hot.


Wouldn't say I'm a master at this though... No way, no how. I've only fought two S ranks before, both were with someone helping.

>taking a brief pause, staring at her blade.


...Your weapons? Have you named them?

>most hunters gave a name to their weapons. Whether it be given for what they do, something close to the user, or something else, it was a symbol of attachment to a unique weapon.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 830164

File: 1411347922295.png (129.37 KB, 500x300, Akira_mado_manga.png)

>>830148
Hm... Cute.

>she hummed, looking up at the sky... Or where it would be if it wasn't for the trees blocking it.


Experience wise, I've been doing this since I was... 16. I was made fun of for being the kid in the group. So to make myself look strong I wielded weapons that were too heavy for me. Even if it meant risking my life.

Got a bit headstrong.

>she flexed one arm, slim, but possessing a well defined muscular structure. With an arm like that, she looked like she could knock a man out with one punch.


It paid off and two years ago, I got this weapon here.

>she nodded to it.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 830183

File: 1411348765471.png (268.11 KB, 485x596, tumblr_n88vx1yBXu1sr8f9bo2_500…)

>>830171
So you get by just punching your enemies?

>she chuckled


I couldn't imagine doing that... No enough range... But to each their own, I suppose.

>she looked back up at the sky.


Do you think the sun is going to be rising soon? Can't get much light in here, but I'm sure we could tell, right?

>the forest was aptly named the Blanket of Trees, due to how other than a few patches, no light could make it to the ground. The only way to tell the time of day was by the light peering through the branches at the roof of the forest.


...I forgot my watch at home.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 830454

File: 1411376089014.png (111.95 KB, 500x500, tumblr_na3zm5v2Ki1r3rdh2o1_500…)

>>830188
>Jackie herself hadn't used a sleeping bag, despite bringing one. She was far too comforted by the wife. Slipping her shoes on, suffocating the fire with a nearby rock and dirt, she was ready.

Right then... River bank is...

>she paused


North...?

>she slipped on adventurers belt, a handy belt with multiple bags and pouches for carrying tools a hunter would need. She reached into a pouch and took out a compass.


>she then looked over to Demetri, reaching for her sword.


All ready!

Patches 830555

File: 1411415976005.jpg (47.33 KB, 416x360, 1408241542568.jpg)

Shylock, I'm at college now but I'll be back around 3 or 4.
You can respond until then.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831176

File: 1411521964940.png (268.11 KB, 485x596, tumblr_n88vx1yBXu1sr8f9bo2_500…)

>>831151
>having grown up doing this stuff, Jackie was use to this kind of thing.

It's frightening. If you're on your own, you can't really stop and take a rest; especially if you're in a strong monster's territory. If you're in a large group, however, you can get rest here in there; as long as people keep guard.

>she took a deep breath, letting out a quick chuckle


S-sorry for rambling on so much. Haven't had the chance to chat with anyone lately~

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831183

File: 1411522982903.jpg (63.77 KB, 300x260, Akira-in-vol9-web.jpg)

>>831181
Hm...

>she rubbed her chin


This is the 4th time I've been to the Blanket Forest. I've been out to a few boring places here and there. My old group and I went out to a sandy desert area known as the Blast Dunes. It was our main area, before I moved. Kind of want to go back there now... Despite it being miles and miles of sand with no landmarks. An old friend of mine we explored a place called the Corrosive Swamp... That place was as pleasant as the name implies... Our time there, wasn't pleasant.

>despite her optimistic attitude earlier, at the mention of the swamp, her tone darkened.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831193

File: 1411523780447.png (111.95 KB, 500x500, tumblr_na3zm5v2Ki1r3rdh2o1_500…)

>>831186
Right...

>she lowered her voice


Once we kill the Gullywalker...

>it appears she already forgot its name


...You can tell me a bit about yourself, eh?

>as she talked, she looked at the ground, looking for footprints or some way to track the beast.

>[1d1000]
>evens, finds some footprints that look as described
>odds, no dice

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831210

File: 1411524722019.png (129.37 KB, 500x300, Akira_mado_manga.png)

>>831193
>her poor sense of direction leads her to not only fail in finding footprints, but she ends up finding the footprints of a whole different creature; a small Kobold-like creature. For her sake, it ran off as soon as it saw her.

...Wrong footprints...

>>831196

>there at the end, was their target.

>[1d1000]

>evens, it doesn't notice them
>odds, it spots them immediately, their talking alerted them.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831219

File: 1411525307232.jpg (63.77 KB, 300x260, Akira-in-vol9-web.jpg)

>>831217
Come on...

>holding her cleaver in one hand, she charger at the beast in a semi-circle; trying to get to its side. With her heavier weapon, she is slower than Demetri.


>"These things have been known to kill novice hunters. If Demetri is as green as he acts, I need to look out for him."

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831241

File: 1411526234406.png (268.11 KB, 485x596, tumblr_n88vx1yBXu1sr8f9bo2_500…)

>>831230
>the girl holds her weapon over her head, flat side facing the attack, successfully blocking it. The force of the attack however, causes her right foot to be buried into the soft ground of the riverbank.

>"Shit... Not a good start."


>in retaliation, she grips her weapon with both hands and swings at the best in a horizontal swipe.


I don't need movement to fight!

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831263

>>831246
I need more images

>The creature was weak, no problem for a pair of experienced hunters. However, even a skilled hunter could be killed by a unexpected attack or when cornered; like the state Jackie was in for instance.


>holding her weapon up in front of her, blocking the beast's second attack, she used the force of the Grizzwalker's attack to push herself back; knocking her down but prying her foot out of the ground.


>[1d1000]

>evens, her shoe came off with it, revealing that her foot and possibly her leg had burn marks along them.
>odds, she keeps her shoe.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831290

File: 1411528209347.png (129.37 KB, 500x300, Akira_mado_manga.png)

>>831269
>>831278
>getting back on her feet, she lifted the blade in the air and brought it down in a vertical slash.

Short post, sorry

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831308

File: 1411528918312.jpg (87.92 KB, 581x327, tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5r…)

>>831294
Hm... These things aren't as strong as they look. Strong, but their susceptible to attacks.

>their hide sold for a lot; great for lather. Hopefully the buyers won't mind the blade wounds.


...

>she held a hand to her chin


...Hold on...

>she looked to Demetri, again forgetting the monster's name


I've read a thing or to about these Gullywalkers... Don't they hunt in packs?

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831344

>>831323
>Jackie cringed at the sight of them... That was a lot.

>"Got to think, got to think!"


Get out of the riverbank! Can't risk getting stuck in the mud again.

>with that she start running off, closer to the tree line.. The trees were spread out enough to not get in the way of her weapon. She's fought groups of monsters like this before.... This isn't a issue right?


Try to corral them one at a time, don't get surrounded!

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831368

>>831351
Not really. I could handle 2 or 3 at once, but there has to be about a dozen in that pack!

>have to think of something... They can't just leave the body behind. As one of the Grizzwalker's gets close, she takes a swing at it. She made a plan on the spot.


Use the environment to your advantage, kite them around the trees... Just don't get surrounded!

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831386

File: 1411531216910.png (268.11 KB, 485x596, tumblr_n88vx1yBXu1sr8f9bo2_500…)

>>831377
>the plan seemed to be working out for the best. The Grizzwalkers were getting caught on the trees, just enough to get them singled out.

Just hold out!

>one of the Grizzwalkers went for a bite on Jackie's wrist, who quickly leaped back, avoiding the chomp and returning it with a kick to the beast's chin.


>[1d1000]

>evens, a few of them start to retreat.
>odds, they keep on coming.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831407

>>831393
>she went through her bag as well. The Grizzwalkers won't appreciate dried meat, so that was out of the question.

>taking a large knife from her bag, she jabbed the Grizzwalker she kicked in the neck; nearly getting bit herself.


That would be appreciated. I'll carry one of the bodies; we have to bring at least one back if we expect pay.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 831424

>>831412
>The distraction worked! They were probably hungry; out here in the Land of Monsters, it's dog eat dog. Even monsters that would be strong in the human world would be prey here... Jackie found that fact to be one of the most interesting parts of the place.

>as they run off, the two hunters are left with 3 Grizzwalker corpses; there was no way they'd go down to the river for the other one...


Well then...

>she chuckled


You want to help carry these? We could drag them... Quite heavy.


Delete Post [ ]
Edit Post
[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]