[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]

/rp/ - Roleplaying

The board for roleplaying and roleplaying discussion.
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Flags
Password (For file deletion.)

Site maintenance in progress! Posts made now may be lost.

Ponychan-MLPchan Merger >>>/site/15219

File: 1402456068016.jpg (203.99 KB, 1920x1080, dlc_3_crown_of_the_ivory_king_…)

BLN Arc: Seek Souls !MEOWKdWFcQ 785220[Last 50 Posts]

>meanwhile, off in the North East of Belle'Ayn, stands a giant frozen kingdom. Literally frozen in time, the construct stand out of place from the rest of the world. Beyond the pillars, beyond the creatures that lurk behind walls of the cold kingdom, lies the soul of a Great One.

>our heroes approach the kingdom. The one armed swordswoman Yvonne, the winged amnesiac Duo, the okaku assassin Travis, and the mysterious girl Sophie.


>what beings lurk behind these walls? Will they make it out alive? Will it be all worth it?


>find out on this arc of BLN!

785224

File: 1402456436353.jpg (14.64 KB, 210x240, char_36305.jpg)

>Said otaku assassin slowly brings his bike to a slowed speed the rest of them also slow down, probably just to admire the view for a few moment. He then speaks to the person who had been sitting behind him on the bike for the whole trip.

I take it this is the place…never seen anything like it before.

785235

File: 1402456984760.jpg (181.76 KB, 1000x732, 0000443249.JPG)

>>785220
>>785224
>Despite the fact that she'd just been running fast enough to keep up with the bike…the girl doesn't even seem winded as she slows to a stop.

"This is the place?"

785253

File: 1402458217028.jpg (81.46 KB, 500x456, tumblr_mrt428hWLi1sflrpmo1_500…)

>>785224
>>785220
>>785235

>Hovering behind the other two, Duo stretches a bit and lets out a yawn


so we're here then, let's get down to business.

>she rubs her chin


you know, I wonder if my name would be confusing to people if written in a sentence mentioning two other people after me.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 785256

>>785224
>holding onto Travis during the ride wasn't too hard, even with her lack of a left arm. The speed of it, however, wasn't something she was use to. She only hoped that with her armor, even though it was light when it came to armor, wasn't too heavy for the bike to handle.

>>785235
It must be..

>she got off the bike, wobbling at first.


>>785253
Maybe it would… Not sure what that has to do with this place though.

>the entrance to the castle was a large bridge, going over a river of ice that was once a moat. Across it was the gate to the castle, which looked far too heavy to budge.


…Anyone strong enough to move that or do we have to find a way around?

785259

File: 1402458765360.jpg (32.75 KB, 400x300, no_more_heroes_travis_touchdow…)

>>785235
Well…it's a big frozen kingdom, and this matches that description perfectly.

>>785253
Business hopefully involving some idiots who think they're strong enough to stop us.

>>785256
>The bike had seemingly chugged extra hard during certain moments while going uphill or on rough terrain, but overall it had held together for the trip.

>Travis peers at the entrance.


I'm not too good at cutting metal, mostly flesh, unless anyone else has a good bypass we'll have to go around another way.

785262

File: 1402459263487.png (20.24 KB, 104x104, 3_0-0.png)

>>785253
>The girl blinks up at her.

"…Why would it be confusing?"

>Not that they've been introduced even.


>>785256
>>785259
>As for the question at hand….she's not really sure.

"I'm not sure…I could try?"

>And with that she moves over to the gate and tries to lift it.


"Hrrrrgh!"

>Roll 1d1000 = 382 Any Dubs, and she can lift it enough that people could probably crawl under it at best…but she looks a bit shaky so they'd have to move quickly. Any Trips, she basically just grabs the bottom of the gate and throws it upwards with ease.


>Anything else she tries to budge it, but whether its just to heavy or just frozen in place, she can't move it at all.

785264

File: 1402459453384.jpg (141.85 KB, 390x650, tumblr_mpy69bNjXl1qgxnv2o1_500…)

>>785256

>Duo rubs the back of her head


I don't know, it's just a thought that came to my mind.

>she looks at the castle gate


I could blow it up.

>>785259

Wish them luck there.

>>785262

>Duo blinks


well you see, my name's "Duo" and if two people were mentioned after me, they'd be a duo

>she watches as Sophie tries to move the gate….


Please stand back…

!MEOWKdWFcQ 785267

>>785259
>she gave a small smirk, this geek boy was starting to sound more and more like herself..

Likewise..

>>785262
Thanks for trying…

>beyond the gate was nothing out of the ordinary, it looked like a simple indoor foyer that people would go into. Tables lined the area. It must've been a place for people to gather that have just arrived.

>>785264
>she stepped back

If this doesn't work, search for a ladder or something. That'll be a lot of help.

>she pointed upwards. The walls of the caste did look assessable somehow.

785268

File: 1402460030457.jpg (13.25 KB, 191x280, gm_travis-620x.jpg)

>>785262
>Travis watches her try and pull the gate up.

Uh…good try but I guess we'll just have to find another way it.

>>785264
>>785267
Oh…or you could try doing that. I'll step back…
>Travis also turns his bike back on to bring back further from the planned explosion.

785272

File: 1402460241058.jpg (13.18 KB, 183x275, download.jpg)

>>785264
>She's already letting go of the gate as this is said.

"Oh. I'm Sophie….I don't think it means anything."

>She then steps off to the side and begins to move back to were the others still are.


>>785268
>>785267
"Sorry, it was stuck."

785275

File: 1402460650187.jpg (90.94 KB, 500x549, tumblr_mq47mlLFzc1r0kuhwo1_500…)

>>785267

If it doesn't work I can just carry you all over.

>She says with a shrugs


>>785268
>>785272

Nice ta meet ya Sophie

Alright so here goes nothing

>She flies up close to the door and places her hands on it


Roll 1d1000 = 971
>evens and a huge blast of purple mana blasts a hole in the gate big enough for people to walk right through

>odds, failure to Patch's discretion

!MEOWKdWFcQ 785280

>>785268
>>785272
>>785275
>after Duo's attempt, the gate still fails to budge, the bars of it bending but not breaking completely. At the sound of the blast, the sound of something moving about on the other side is heard.. Like the sound of heavy footsteps and something heavy being dragged. Whatever is lurking behind the gate in the entrance hall has been woken up by the blast.

Hm.. Guess we're going to find away around…

>she rubbed her chin, grumbling to herself.


It's going low and I'd hate to take this path but…

>she looked down into the frozen moat


Try the sewers?

>but, then she approached the gate, trying to see what was behind it.


…Or… Try and get whatever is behind the gate to open it up for us~ It doesn't seem friendly, but I am itching for a fight right now.
This post was edited by its author on .

785284

File: 1402461425655.jpg (14.34 KB, 300x300, No_More_Heroes___Travis_by_nuu…)

>>785272
>>785275
>>785280
>aaaand with those two attempts failing, Travis turns toward their guide and nods.

I guess so…glad I wore long pants today. It'll be dark in the sewers though right? Anyone got a light?

>But then she brings up the idea of making whatever was on the other side open the door.


Itching for a fight? I'd say I'm starving at this point!

>He runs over to the gate and tries to goad whatever lurked on the other side to come toward the group.


Hey, over here you piece of disgusting shit! We'd like to improve your face by smashing it!
This post was edited by its author on .

785293

File: 1402462142772.jpg (210.04 KB, 370x600, tumblr_m10tyegRJs1rojagbo2_400…)

>>785275
>>785280
"Its still Stuck."

>The eternal frost of the kingdom must just be protecting the gate as well perhaps?


"Sewers?…We aren't going to fly?"

>>785284
"Light? I can make light….I think?"

>It usually involves punching and kicking things…so…she's not sure, cause she's busy punching or kicking.

785294

File: 1402462321046.jpg (81.46 KB, 500x456, tumblr_mrt428hWLi1sflrpmo1_500…)

>>785280

>Duo blinks a bit, shocked her blast hadn't bent the bars enough


>She was flabbergasted that it hadn't, must be magic resistant


>>785280
>>785284

Itching for a fight or not, you both know I can just…fly you over the gates, Right?

>>785293

See, even Sophie knows flying's a good idea

>She blinked though, she couldn't help but feel a sense of Deja vu while listening to the confused Sophie


>"Someone else who has no idea what they can or can't do, neat" could probably sum up Duo's thoughts.

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 785298

>>785293
>>785294
>that thought hadn't even occured to her.. She was so use to walking on foot, the concept of flying had soared (no pun intended) over her head.

…Right, we can do that too. Seems a bit too easy, doesn't it?

>she could fly them all the way to the great soul now, couldn't she? Unless there is something that would prevent that, like the wind being too cold and wild.


>>785284
>but, with Travis yelling, the loud footsteps get closer and closer

>walking in front of the gate, coming into view, was a odd looking creature. Resembling a fat headless humanoid made entirely of ice, the creature held a club made of a partially frozen stone pillar, which it dragged behind it.


>who knows how long it had been there, in the cold abandoned castle, or how many more of its kind are there. No matter, the 4 must've been the first living beings that it had seen in years.


>it made a load roaring noise and lifted its club, becoming immediately hostile. It hit the gate, causing the bars to bend. Drawing back once more, it slammed its club into the gate again, the bars were at their breaking point.


>taking a step back, the golem rammed the gate with its shoulder, breaking it. Standng at 10 feet tall, the ice golem lifted its club to its shoulder, ready to attack the four people trying to get in… At least they have a way in, once they're done here.


>Yvonne drew her sword


That will be the entrance then!

785303

File: 1402463287380.jpg (14.64 KB, 210x240, char_36305.jpg)

>>785293
>>785294
Well…would you be able to lift us all at once? What if we needed to beat a hasty retreat and were cornered because flying was the only way we got there?

>>785298
Whoa, too late now!

>Travis stares at the thing, clearly not expecting a monster with no head to be the menacing noise he'd heard before.


What the fuck? Well if it's got no head, I'll just have to cut off everything else until it stops moving!

>He draws his beam katana and charges in, trying to throw a horizontal slice at the leg of the thing.

>Roll 1d1000 = 256 odds

785308

File: 1402464131583.jpg (89.51 KB, 499x750, tumblr_mg6coucnfD1rxjpd3o1_500…)

>>785298
>…Well, they have a door in now.

"The gate opened."

>Though the creature must be really powerful if it could unstick the gate.


>How to fight it?


>>785303
>The man in red seems to have a good plan.

>Sophie darts for the other leg, a blade forming on her arm as she does so.


>Which she attempts to slash at the side of the ice creature's leg as she darts to the side of it.


>Roll 1d1000 = 728 Evens.

785312

File: 1402464602621.jpg (111.38 KB, 500x522, tumblr_mrxg2gzzW41qh0jm2o1_500…)

>>785298
>>785303
>>785308

>Well too late to think on what ifs now


>Rather than speaking up and arguing her point anymore, Duo immediately immersed herself into combat


>flying above the Golem, Duo's tentacles on the left side of her body merged together and grew into a large monstrous mouth that triesd biting at the ice monster


Roll 1d1000 = 872
>evens

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 785314

>>785298
>doing a few practice swings, the woman readied herself for a fight. WHile the beast was imposing and clearly very strong, there had to be a weakness to it.

Hmph.. I've seen golems before, but never made out of ice. Which should mean that it is more fragile then a normal golem.

>Yvonne rushed after the beast, going in for a vertical flash to its torso


>evens Roll 1d1000 = 314

>cont.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 785317

>>785314
>>785312
>>785308
>>785303
>Yvonne's theory prove right. The beasts body breaks apart easily, for something so strong its defense certainly doesn't have the same amount of power behind it. All but Travis' strike manage to hit, Sophie's attack breaking the creature's leg off, Duo's attack taking a chunk out of its body, and Yvonne's attack cleaving its torso down the middle.

>panicking, the golem swings its club in a huge arc, trying to get all four combatants at once

>evens Yvonne Roll 1d1000 = 588
>evens Duo Roll 1d1000 = 490
>evens Travis Roll 1d1000 = 956
>evens Sophie Roll 1d1000 = 801

785320

File: 1402465661961.png (216.6 KB, 510x286, nmh2.png)

>>785317
>Travis cries out as he was slammed back by the massive club, landing on his back but quickly jumping back to his feet again. He doesn't even take a moment to stop and take a breath, he just rushes right back at his opponent, beam katana blazing with energy as he goes for a vertical slice at the torso.
>Roll 1d1000 = 626 odds

!MEOWKdWFcQ 785327

File: 1402466177459.png (13.61 KB, 64x78, affinity.png)

>>785317
>the attack, directed at her left side where she has very little room to defend herself, hits hard, sending her off her feet and slamming her onto the ground.

>her mind going blank for a moment, feeling like the whole world is spinning, she holds her sword in the air, 5 black orbs form above her.


>standing back up, still dizzied by the attack, she swings her sword forward, the 5 orbs fire at the beast, taking the form of white eyed spirits

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 49
>how many hit Roll 1d5 = 4

785331

File: 1402467262056.jpg (215.75 KB, 640x960, tumblr_mdzy44Zp651rsj89go8_128…)

>>785317
>Sophie actually just flips out of the way, launching needles of light at the golem like throwing knives as she does so.

"Dagger Splash!"

>Roll 1d1000 = 913 Evens, Roll 1d6 = 3 actually hit the Golem, the others just hitting the ground and dissipating.

785334

File: 1402467462594.png (306.12 KB, 500x625, tumblr_mwkfn0C1q41qmqx4qo1_500…)

>>785317
>>785320
>>785327
>>785331

>Duo gets knocked out of the air and slammed on the ground


>groaning in pain she slowly got up


Alright, so let's try this

>She charges her fist full of Mana..but then wraps her tentacles around it and forms a comically large fist


>she runs forward and tries to uppercut the Golem


Roll 1d1000 = 444
>evens

!MEOWKdWFcQ 785453

>>785320
>>785327
>>785331
>all the initial attacks fail to hit, the beast blocking them all with its pillar weapon.

>it lets out a deep bellowing laugh, despite its lack of a head, or a mouth for that matter.


>>785334
>only for it to be completely shattered to bit by Duo's attack, only its waist and legs remain after the attack, stubbling back for a couple of moments without a body, before falling down. It disintegrates into a pile of fine ice moments after.

785466

File: 1402522044215.jpg (6.04 KB, 150x135, Travis_Touchdown_from_NMH_by_M…)

>>785327
>>785331
>His attack, and all the others were just shrugged off like they were nothing. Travis was starting to get irritated until…

>>785334
>>785453
>The whole thing was just annihilated by Duo's attack. On one hand he was a little bitter that it wasn't him that had snuffed the thing out.
>But on the other…

That was fucking amazing! Seriously, you just kicked that thing's ass so hard it only has an ass and legs left!

>He glances around at the others.


Is everyone else alright though? My shoulder is a little sore but I can still walk and fight.

785483

File: 1402524974379.png (22.55 KB, 104x104, 7_0-1.png)

>>785453
>>785334
>The girl lands…and then blinks a few times as the winged girl shatters the fat thing in one blow.

"It fell apart."

>>785466
>Is she alright?

"It didn't even hit me."

>Though…


"What about the lady who lost her arm?"

785487

File: 1402525225843.jpg (152.43 KB, 500x333, tumblr_mox0e4kC421snhr9do1_500…)

>>785453
>>785466

>Her tentacles go back to normal


Well actually I punched it. In the chest.

>She rubs her chin


Although only the legs being left after being kicked in the rear would be impressive.

>>785483
>>785453

>She calls out


Yvonne? You alright?


>She looks to Travis


once everyone's grouped up again, I should be able to cast a minor healing spell

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 785499

>>785453
>sheathing her sword, she reached into a pouch on her hip and took out a small white crystal. Crushing it in her hand, a white light surrounded the woman, healing her wounds.

>staring at the pile of ice that was once a golem, she was wide eyed at Duo's display of strength.


Damn! Didn't expect that, he got obliterated.

>>785466
I'm fine…

>rubbed her left side. She was always thankful for being undead sometimes, being harder to kill than a human.


Mostly.. That damn thing got be at my bad side. Damn ice golem…

>>785483
>>785487
I'll be alright, don't worry too much! I crushed a life gem, it'll heal the brunt of my wounds.

785500

File: 1402526155411.jpg (13.25 KB, 191x280, gm_travis-620x.jpg)

>>785483
She seems find without it…and I've learned to stop questioning those kinds of situations in this world.

>>785487
>Travis shakes his head.

Nah, you don't have to do that for me just yet, save your magic for when I'm really hurt, not just smacked around a bit.

>>785499
Well, if you say so. The path ahead it pretty clear at this point, so let's go ahead if everyone is ready.

785502

File: 1402526390182.jpg (198 KB, 1000x1440, sophie.jpg)

>>785487
>>785499
>Ah. She's fine too it seems…or something.

>>785500
>The girl nods.

"The gate is open now so we don't even have to fly over."

>And having said this she begins making her way over the ruined remains of the gate.

785509

File: 1402527454717.jpg (53.32 KB, 500x458, tumblr_mqqwxdrkTM1rs4uv7o1_500…)

>>785499

>Duo nods a bit


Well then time to keep heading deeper in, 'eh?

>she said with a smile on her face


>>785500
Alright Dude

>>785502
Hope you guys are prepped, I've a feeling it only gets harder from here.

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 785513

File: 1402527939598.png (10.46 KB, 800x600, Map.png)

>>785500
>>785502
>>785509
>Yvonne headed through the now broken gate, into the entrance hall. The entrance was littered with broken tables and other furtiture, at the very back of the room was a painting. While decayed and damaged by time and ice, it looked like a man of royalty, the king of the castle perhaps?

>littered throughout the room where several bodies.. People frozen in time, some that looked like they were just eating food or conversing with friends. What could have happened here to cause this?


>Yvonne cringed at the sight.


…They didn't even see this coming… What type of magic did this?

>she looked around, to the right and left of the painting of the king were some windows.


Hey, someone check outside, see if there is anything of importance out there… A clue to the great soul maybe.

785516

File: 1402528186239.png (198.14 KB, 261x466, Travis-Touchdown-Default-Outfi…)

>>785502
>Travis follows along behind her.

>>785509
I have a weapon, that's about as prepared as I think I'll need, but I guess it won't hurt to look around for something else of use.

>>785513
It's like someone hit the pause button on reality…creepy.

>He nods at Yvonne's suggestion.


Sure thing, maybe it'll lead the way to the one we need to take down…

>He walks toward the door to the courtyard.

785542

File: 1402533443168.gif (18.73 KB, 105x105, tumblr_m3xifak5lt1rnao6x.gif)

>>785509
"Prepped?"

>>785516
>Oh, prepared.

"I think s…"

>>785513
>She pauses as she sees the room before them, and readies for a fight.

"…"

>Slowly lowering her fists as she sees that nothing is moving.


"…Do you think they're still alive?"

785545

File: 1402533829778.jpg (87.09 KB, 500x624, tumblr_mp1o487lw01rq6112o1_500…)

>>785516

>Duo stretches


Alright then.

>>785513

>looks around herself…seeing the people all stuck in place, shuddering at the eerie feeling


…could be time magic.

>>785542

Prepared…and I think they are still alive.

>she looks at Yvonne


I'll fly up briefly, get a bird's eye view

>She tries to do just that.

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 785554

>>785516
>>785542
>all these people.. Frozen in time, like a bunch of human popsicles.

…They're frozen in ice. Along with the rest of the castle.

>she approached two of the statue-fied people, a man a woman conversing.


I doubt they're still alive, if they've been frozen in ice this long.. I mean, your body has to give out sometime, doesn't it?

>worst of all, a few of the frozen people were children… Whatever happened to the castle didn't spare people based on age.


I've seen a lot of horrible things in my time, but damn, is this disturbing…

>>785545
Go on ahead, we'll wait for you.

>outside the window is a large courtyard, possibly what was once a garden. To the left and right of the courtyard was a pair of builds with balconies that over looked the courtyard.


>Standing in the middle of the courtyard, was a odd sight.. A bunch of soldiers, standing in line. 4 rows, 10 in each row, the first two rows consisted of spearmen with wall shields, the next two were swordsmen with bucklers, and at the back, there were 5 men with crossbows and a soldier with different armor to the rest wielding a battleaxe; they stood there, unmoving just like the rest of the place… Begging the question why are they there in the first place, a army in a courtyard.


>on the balcony to the left was another person, surprisingly, he wasn't just not frozen, but alive as well. The man wore a outfit suited for the cold, a hooded furcoat, he had a notebook in hand, which he frivolously wrote in, mumbling to himself.

785557

File: 1402534903553.jpg (14.64 KB, 210x240, char_36305.jpg)

>>785542
I dunno…but it can't be pleasant to be stuck in those positions.

>>785545
Alright, let us know what you see.

>>785554
Is there any way to tell how long they've been like this? Do you think they were aware they were frozen when it initially happened?

785560

File: 1402535999736.jpg (210.04 KB, 370x600, tumblr_m10tyegRJs1rojagbo2_400…)

>>785545
>>785554
>>785557
>Meanwhile Sophie is just poking the "guests" cautiously.

"Maybe they'd move if we warmed them up?"

785573

File: 1402538295346.png (127.03 KB, 250x354, tumblr_mp8czyGomk1sopt7zo8_250…)

>>785554
>>785557

>Duo flies back down after getting the view from above, and she stretches a bit before reporting to Yvonne


Up ahead it seems like these people had been guarding something, using soldiers to do so..

But there's also this weird guy up ahead.

>>785560

>Duo blinks a few times


doubtful

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 785580

>>785557
>looking at them, seeing that they all looked to be going about there days, eating food, talking wiht friends and family.. And with children around there, they had no time to evacuate.

Doesn't look like it, whatever hit them, it happened with no warning and happened instantly.

>>785560
If you want to try, be my guest. But I'm betting on them being D E A D: Dead.

>a bit rude, but she had to be upfront with the young girl.


>>785573
Weird guy?

>she gazed out the window.. That was certainly a small army out there. She looked over to the man on the balcony, he hasn't seemed to have noticed them yet


Let's get over to him.

785582

File: 1402539926404.jpg (28.36 KB, 480x291, travis-no-more-heroes-008_1202…)

>>785560
I have a feeling they'd move…but it'd just be to fall limp on the ground.

>>785573
Did you get a glimpse of what they were guarding? And what was weird about the guy?

>>785580
Damn…that's cold.

>He reaches out and taps a finger on one of the standing frozen figures. Then he follows Yvonee's gaze out to the man on the balcony.


You think he knows what happened here? I guess it's worth a shot…

>He starts leading the way toward the mysterious figure, hand at his side and ready to draw his beam katana.

785603

File: 1402543795490.png (273.98 KB, 562x866, sophie_lineart___color_by_heve…)

>>785573
>>785580
>>785582
>Even so, the girl looks around to try and find some way to start a fire…

>Except everything is icy.


>And then everyone starts wandering off.


"Wait for me!"

>And she heads after them.

785631

File: 1402569920295.png (327.95 KB, 500x518, tumblr_myr88gZo2K1r0nllio1_500…)

>>785580
>>785603

>Blinks a bit at Yvonne and shrugs


Well alright, if you really want to take the risk of immediately going right to the only other person, other than us, who isn't Frozen

its'a pretty big risk…but alright

>she slowly follows after Yvonne


>>785582

Can't say I'm certain, it's possible they were guarding the strange dude.

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 785810

>>785582
>>785582
>>785631
>the small army of soldiers stands in front of a large door, which can only be assumed to be of importance.

Are they alive or frozen with the rest?

>she looked down into the courtyard.


..They aren't moving

>>785603
>>785631
>she gazed to the balcony on the left, to the man writing in his note book, then down to the courtyard

…Why would they be down there and the man up there if they're guarding him. Seeing as he's not frozen, he's probably a traveler here too…

>once everyone starts heading off, she follows after them. The path to him doesn't seem all too hard.


>the group comes into a room filled with more statues, some young, some old, men and women.. Whatever cataclysm happened, it spared no one.


>there was a flight of stairs that led up to the balcony where the man was… But, there was also a path beside them that might lead outside to where the guards are.


Let's head up first.. To that man.

785817

File: 1402612660476.jpg (32.75 KB, 400x300, no_more_heroes_travis_touchdow…)

>>785603
Relaaax, we're not trying to lose ya or anything.

>>785631
>>785810
Gonna have to agree with Yvonne, they're not between us and the guy above so…

>Travis glances up the flight of stairs.


Let's find out if he's useful, hopefully it'll give us some edge here.

>He starts taking the stairs, pulling his jacket closed and shivering a little.


Dammit its cold…

785949

File: 1402628504348.jpg (40.58 KB, 440x330, 13627249_p1.jpg)

>>785631
>Sophie tilts her head to look over at Nue.

"If he is a threat, maybe he's the one who we're supposed to fight to get the soul?"

>>785810
>…Though thats another possibility.

"Or, maybe they were people who were attacking this place to get to the one in charge as well?"

>>785817
>Despite the whole country being frozen over, despite the girl basically just wearing some sort of form fitting body suit….she doesn't seem affected by the climate at all.

"Cold?"

785951

File: 1402628702095.png (103.14 KB, 250x250, tumblr_inline_n0m733n3ZH1r2ful…)

>>785810

Frozen, as far as I can tell.

>she states while stretching


and my logic isn't that they're guarding him…it's that he frozen them
>>785817

>>785949
I don't know….


>Duo prompts to just follow Yvonne's strategy despite her quarrels

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 785964

>>785817
>>785949
>>785951
>heading up the stairs, she drew her sword slightly…

If he is the man who froze this place.. Then on your toes. He looks harmless.

>heading up the stairs, immediately to their right was the man, organizing his papers. There were 3 piles of ice on the ground, next to them were what looked like clubs made of stone and ice, the same weapons that the ice golem wielded… Did this man fight a few at once.. And win at that?


>Directly forward from the stairs was a wall of ice that cut off the rest of the place, unless someone has fire powers, it will be off limits.


>the mystery man looked over his shoulder, hearing the group approaching, gasping, he nearly dropped his papers, before calming down… They weren't ice golems.. But where they friendly? He spoke with a accent that sounded a bit British, with a bad stutter.


D-d-don't.. Ssscare me like that. Are you f-friendly?

>he clutched at a blade at his waist.


You are here t-t-t-to see the ssstatues? C-correct?

>Yvonne lowered her defenses… He looked friendly, that and despite his awkward speech pattern, he's likely a capable fighter. Best not to get on his bad side…


W-w-we're f-f-friendly if you are…

>mocking his stutter just might've been a bit uncalled for…

785965

File: 1402630944947.jpg (107.12 KB, 443x753, Travis_Touchdown_by_peachiekee…)

>>785949
>Travis gives her a look that pretty much said: 'what the hell'? He couldn't believe that anybody could just shrug off chilly temperatures like the one they were all in, at least not anyone human.

Yeah…cold, when shits frozen and you can see your own breath. Opposite of hot…real simple.

>>785951
>>785964
>Travis steps forward, probably not the best person to speak if they wanted to remain on his good side, but to his credit he wasn't intending to piss the guy off.

Listen up and I'll cut right to the chase: We're here looking for a Great Soul, and I'd suggest if you have any idea what that is or where we could find it you could let us know quickly. Cause the less time spent in this frozen shithole the better.

785975

File: 1402632327663.gif (18.73 KB, 105x105, tumblr_m3xifak5lt1rnao6x.gif)

>>785951
>>785964
>Sophie follows the two up to where the man is…

>She notices the ice…but…did the man really defeat three of them?


>Especially with how odd he's acting now?


>>785965
>…Is that it? She turns back to Travis as she thinks things through.

"Do you think he's cold as well? Is that why he's talking so strangely?"

Duo Venefica!26wingW6Ww 786042

File: 1402665538081.jpg (69.28 KB, 500x714, tumblr_mpqwb9axQQ1s547f1o1_500…)

>>785964
>>785975

>Duo stretches a bit and lets out a deep sigh

>He seemed friendly and harmless enough after all

Not here to see the Statues actually…your place cropped up in our world, we came to investigate because we believe within might be…
>>785965
Yes, that, A "Great Soul"

We need it in order to prevent the Undead curse from spreading into our world, the fact that people who've arrived from other worlds already must suffer from it is painful enough.

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 786391

>>785965
>>785975
>The man frowned at Sophie and Yvonne's remarks

I.. I'm sssorry, if my voice b-b-bothers you. I've been wwworking on it.

>>786042
>>785965
>the Great Soul?

Ah!


>he grinned, slapping his journal closed


Wwwe're aft-ter the sssame t-t-thing… Well.. Not the sssame t-thing, but the sssame location.

>he gave a small bow, at least he was polite despite two of the people being rude. With his excitement, his speech impediment only got worse.


I-I-I am "Ruin Walker" Theodore. I c-c-came here, I rrresearch abandoned plllaces. Why I go to t-t-them you may a-a-ask? W-well.. It's a h-hobby?

>he leaned over the balcony, looking down below at the army, he frowned, his excitement dying down.


B-but.. I sssearched all over. The only w-way to proceed further is t-to go through them. The ffformer p-private army of the K-king of this place…

>Yvonne went over next to him, rock in hand, tossing it up and down.

I d-doubt my ssskills too much to try and fffight them. T-t-they're powerful.

But if you want the Great Ssssoul.. Which is sssaid to be in the throne room, w-we maybe can make a d-deal..


>did they have much of a choice either way? At least Theodore was polite. Yvonne looked at him with a puzzled expression


Do you know what happened here, Theodore?

786399

File: 1402709806413.png (69.74 KB, 220x352, 220px-TravisTouchdown.png)

>>785975
Nah, I think that's just how he talks is all.

>>786042
>>786391
>Travis nods in agreement for Yvonne asking her question.

Yeah, how do you know the Great Soul is in the throne room anyways?

786848

File: 1402785913320.png (49.81 KB, 294x125, tumblr_m3xj0vjw9J1rnao6x.png)

>>786042
>>786391
>Sophie seems content to let the others talk about their business in the area.

"It doesn't bother me. I've just never met anyone else who sounds like that, so I was wondering if it was caused by the temperature."

>>786399
>Sophie pauses before turning back to Travis.

"Well, he talks strangely."

>Not like Sophie doesn't.

786961

>>786391

I think we can handle that

>She stretches and leans back floating


well I think any of us individually could handle it, but as a team we're bound to be an awesome team

>>786399
>>786848
you guys ready for a fight…?

!MEOWKdWFcQ 786986

>>786399
H-how?

I-it goes with a ssstory I heard. The ssstory of t-t-this place.

>he looked down the balcony, looking at the gigantic doorway that the soldiers are guarding

A m-man's desssire to preserve w-what he loves has no b-b-bounds. But what happens w-when that desire b-b-be c-comes an obsession?

I don't know, you tell me..

The king of t-this castle.. Fffreezing his whole k-k-kingdom in ice… Using that d-damn creature he found in the w-wastes… Want h-his kingdom to l-last forever. Preserving it in ice.. That creature of his, It shhould be in the thrrrone room. W-with the K-k-king in his private quarters, trapped there, unable.. T-to sssee the kingdom he wished could last ffforever..

>he looked back to the group


I-i-if you can help me get to th-those quarters, I w-will reward you, h-h-h-handsomel-ly.

It's not like we have a choice, but.. Fine. You know a lot about the history of this place, so you should at least be helpful. But first…

>Yvonne looked to the others


You think he can be trusted? He seems more harmless than anything. Mostly…

>he looked at the ground where the remains of the ice golems were.


>>786848
>>786961
>Yvonne looked down off the balcony, down to the small army.

Yeah, but do we have a plan? Not like I'm rushing into fight a whole private army.

One of us fight that simpleton with the axe, the rest will pick off the rest, got it?

786992

File: 1402794819878.jpg (14.64 KB, 210x240, char_36305.jpg)

>>786848
Pfft, whatever. At least he's understandable, that's what matters.

>>786961
>Travis grins.

Trust me, as long as I'm not on the throne I'm ready for a fight!

>>786986
>Travis listens to the man's story.

Well it looks like he succeeded at preserving it, but he didn't do it in a way that made it worth preserving, that's for damn sure.

>In response to Yvonne.


I don't see why he'd be lying, but we should probably keep an eye on him. I'll certainly take down the one with the axe if nobody else thinks they can do it.

787019

File: 1402796437331.jpg (13.18 KB, 183x275, download.jpg)

>>786961
>Sophie seems to look herself over for a moment or so before responding.

"…Ready as I was last time."

>Sophie doesn't seem to understand the implications of this changing for any reason other than being damaged though.


>>786986
>She's not really sure what the first question means… so she just skips to the second one.

"We should go for the ones with the bows first…if we can."

>>786992
>Before turning to the beamswordsman.

"You should help fight the creature too."

787027

>>786986
>>786992
>>787019

>Freezing the whole kingdom to preserve it forever


>…what a short sighted desire.

>Duo stretches a bit

Since I can fly and shoot energy thinga ma bobs, I say I go in first, take out the archers, or try to, and then signal for the rest of you to follow in, and provide air support against the larger ranged enemies

Sophie and Yvonne should focus on one group of enemies together since Travis has that laser Katana and can handle more enemies than a unit with standard medieval weaponry.

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 787037

>>787026
>>787019
>>786992
Very well..

>Yvonne put a foot on the railing


You wait here, Theodore, we'll hand this in short time.

>with that, Yvonne lept down into the courtyard, ready to face the small army.


>she drew her sword and slung it down, making a loud slicing sound in the ground.


>cont.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 787041

>>787037
>the frozen soldiers twitched upon Yvonne's arrival. Snow and ice falling off of their bodies. Their condition was even worse up close, dead expressionless faces, hollowed out eyes, collapsed noses, they have to had been here for years on end.

>slowly, they moved into position, the shield/spear men moving around to guard the rest of the group, their wall shields creating a barrier around the crowd, the leader of the group and his archers moved to the center, surrounding themselves with spear and sword soldiers.


>despite being hostile, none of them attacked just yet, but the archers kept their bows ready, the swordsmen brandished their swords, and the spearmen kept their defenses up. The fight had begun.

787051

File: 1402798375884.jpg (124.28 KB, 580x326, no-more-heroes-01.jpg)

>>787019
>>787026
Alright…sounds like a plan.

>He was a little hesitant to agree, he was more used to just running in and wailing away at whoever stepped up to to die first, maybe breaking off to kill one shooting projectiles from afar, but he didn't think it would do much good to not go along with a generally reasonable plan.


>>787037
>>787041
>Travis leaped down with her and brandished his katana. Keeping with the plan, he makes no move yet, waiting for Duo to bombard them from above before he would charge.

787056

File: 1402798759328.jpg (82.67 KB, 455x530, 25847901.jpg)

>>787037
>Sophie nods to Duo.
>>787041
>>787051
>And then watches in confusion as the rest jump down and alert the soldiers, instead of waiting for Duo's signal.

"Wasn't Duo supposed to go first?"

787074

File: 1402799856974.jpg (230.91 KB, 500x700, tumblr_mq9hmdpG4r1r2bns1o1_500…)

>>787037
>>787041
>>787051
>>787056

ooof course they have to throw the amnesia girl's plan out the window

>Duo sighs to herself, the way she said that though didn't make it entirely clear that the person she was referring to when she said "amnesia girl" was herself


ah what ever

>Duo flies in and aims her tentacles towards an archer each, as she does so with her hands and feet as well


>she fires a powerful blast of mana from each of the mentioned appendages


>from her tentacles

>Archer 1 Roll 1d1000 = 511, Archer 2 Roll 1d1000 = 880. Archer 3Roll 1d1000 = 675, Archer 4 Roll 1d1000 = 264. Archer 5 Roll 1d1000 = 368, Archer 6 Roll 1d1000 = 817

>Arms

>Archer 7 Roll 1d1000 = 302, Archer 8 Roll 1d1000 = 839

>legs

>Archer 10 Roll 1d1000 = 697, Archer 9 Roll 1d1000 = 696

787079

>>787074
>…was supposed to type "Evens all" so.

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 787087

>>787074
>>787056
>>787051
>>787041
>Yvonne wasn't always one for plans, the idea flew right over her head.

Let's test those defenses!

>she ran up to the spear men and slashed at them in a arc, trying to cut right through their shields

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 758
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 696
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 50

!MEOWKdWFcQ 787093

>>787087
>3 of the spearmen are taken out, slashed across the middle. All three of them fall down. Time was taken a toll on their bodies, making them more fragile.
>two of the spear men retailiate by stabbing at Yvonne
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 584
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 59

>>787074
>three of the archers are taken down, but 2 remains standing.

>one of them fires a bolt into the air, aimed a Duo

>evens, max Roll 1d1000 = 538

>>787056
>>787051
>with the other two at the back, the remaining archer fires his bolt, trying to arch it towards one of them
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 580
>Roll 1d2 = 2
>1. Hits Travis
>2. Hits Sophie.

>after all this, the leader at the back raises his hand in the air, which begins glowing with a bright blue light. A spell circle forms around the 6 fallen soldiers.

787100

File: 1402801050960.jpg (101.5 KB, 730x1200, nmh-travis-touchdown2.jpg)

>>787056
>>787074
>>787087
>>787093
>Travis' eyes snap towards the leader and the magic circle forming around the fallen enemies.

I've played enough games to know what this motherfucker is doing…he needs to get put down first!

>Travis leaps over the group of remaining soldiers, trying to bring his beam katana down on the leader. Hopefully it would do some damage and prevent him from finishing the spell.

>Roll 1d1000 = 828 odds

787155

File: 1402803866304.jpg (148.45 KB, 854x480, LPalisade27-13A73.jpg)

>>787074
>>787087
>>787093
>Sophie just stands there, waiting for the signal anyways.

>They seem to be making short work of most of the skeletons already…


>As she's standing still, she makes an easy target for the archer, the bolt stabbing into her side, leaving an oddly glowing wound in her side.


"Agh!"

>The girl quickly removes the arrow, before leaping down into the fray as well.


>She rushes one of the remaining spearmen and kicks upwards leaving an oddly glowing trail of energy behind as she does so.


"Lucent…."

>Roll 1d1000 = 631 Evens


>If it hits, she actually kicks off of the Hollow on the way up, and does a downwards front flipping slash with her bladed gauntlets Roll 1d1000 = 385 Evens. If it hits, a beam of energy slashes downwards, hitting Roll 1d5 = 3 of the skeletons in the row.


"Palisade!"

>If it hits 3 or more, Roll 1d1000 = 540 Evens, the arrow wound on her side seems to fuse back together and vanish like it had never been there.

787157

File: 1402803964277.png (333.66 KB, 500x430, tumblr_mo8odeAeTE1rs4uv7o1_500…)

>>787087
>>787093

>….aaand Duo was knocked out of the air by the arrow


>groaning a bit she flies up and tries to cast something on herself and all of her allies


Curaga!

Roll 1d1000 = 258
>evens, Successful

>regardless she looks at the other two archers and tries to fire beams at them again


Roll 1d1000 = 595
>Evens

Roll 1d1000 = 170
>evens

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 787266

>>787093
>Yvonne takes one hit, but is caught by one of the spears.

Dammit!

>she looked down at the corpses of the fallen soldiers, being revived.


Travis! Fight the leader, we'll keep the soldiers off of you!

>she took another slash at the crowd of undead, trying to make her way through the crowd.


>evens Roll 1d1000 = 45

>how many she hits Roll 1d5 = 5

!MEOWKdWFcQ 787267

>the 6 fallen soldiers from earlier rise back up, wounds restoring, despite 3 of them being bifurcated by Yvonne.

>they're unlikely going to stay down, with the leader still around.


>>787266
>her sword is blocked by one of the shield men, coming out of the crowd comes a swordman, who takes a swing at Yvonne.
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 181

>regardless, he is followed by a spearman, who comes in for a shield bash.

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 384

>>787157
>one of the archers is fallen by the attack, but the other stays standing and retaliates with a arrow
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 368

>>787155
>the first attack fails to hit, the spearman retaliates with a shieldbash
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 475

>if successful, he goes in for a strike with his spear

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 568

Not keeping count with the soldiers except the archers, the goal here is to take out the leader, the rest of the forces will fall when he does.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 787570

>>787267
Forgot Travis
>the leader of the army, defending himself from Travis, jabs at him with the pommel of his axe
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 546

>regardless, a swordsman from the crowd comes up from behind Travis and takes a swing

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 101

787571

File: 1402872957435.png (216.6 KB, 510x286, nmh2.png)

>>787155
>>787157
>>787266
>>787267
>Travis was mostly focused on his own target, but when he hears Yvonne's voice telling him to attack the leader and can't help but grin. It felt good to already be doing what he was ordered to do.

Got it!

>>787570
>Even if he wasn't doing as well as he'd hoped. He was forced back from the jab, thankfully rolling afterwards to duck beneath the swing from behind. Then he tries for another approach, going for an overhead slash with a quick step.
>Roll 1d1000 = 711 evens

787581

File: 1402874345972.jpg (145.57 KB, 854x480, Jump Command takes two turns 2…)

>>787267
>To Sophie, it seems pointless to continue fighting things that are just going to pull themselves together shortly thereafter.

>A quick backstep is all that is required to avoid the shield bash.


>…The real trouble is that she needs some way to reach the obvious leader, with the troops in the way.


>>787570
>>787571
>Really the only way to do it is to go over them.

>Realizing this, the girl backflips into the air, seeming almost as if she's soaring as she leaps upwards and above the crowd's heads.


>Attack takes two turns, if an archer attacks her, roll an extra 1d1000 to attempt to have it interrupt. I'm a derp and actually rolled the die the first time.
This post was edited by its author on .

787677

File: 1402884263807.gif (75.72 KB, 103x103, Nue.gif)

>>787267
>>787571
>>787581

>Duo gets hit by the arrow again and groans


Oh why you…

>she does the samething she did with her fist earlier, but this time around her foot


>…yet the construct still looked like a fist


>she tries to hit the archer with a giant fist kick


Roll 1d1000 = 837
>Evens

>if successful

Roll 1d1000 = 441
>odds and it knocks part of the castle walls loose, rubble falling down onto

Roll 1d5 = 1
>other enemies

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 788013

>>787267
>Yvonne blocks the initial attack, but the spearman's shield bash knocks her back

>"Dammit!"


Get out of my way!

>she planted her sword in the ground, which began emitting a dark black smoke. Several dark orbs span around her person, hitting any nearby soldier.


>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 915

>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 765
>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 391

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788018

>>787571
>before the attack can make contact one of the soldiers, a swordsman, leaps in front of the slash, taking the hit.

>the leader gets back at Travis with a headbutt to hit forehead

>evens, max Roll 1d1000 = 652

>>787581
>one of the archers at the back fires a arrow at her
>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 113

>if successful, he follows up with another arrow, trying to stop the attack from happening

>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 444

>>787677
>the attack fails, causing the archer to follow up her attempt with a punch
>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 463

>if successful, one of the swordsmen from the crowd attempts to slash at her with his blade

>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 580

>>788013
>before the attack can go down, several spearmen moved in front of the attack, shields up and ready, blocking the attack. They followed up with an attack of their own, two of the spearmen striking at Yvonne
>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 458
>evens, Roll 1d1000 = 962

788092

>>788018
What the fu-

>Travis' head whips back from the brutal hit, the world spinning as he stumbles back and falls toward the ground.


>Roll 1d10 = 1


>Odds and he's so stunned by the impact that he can't recover properly, just flopping onto his back and trying to regain his sense of up and down for the moment.


>Evens cont

788163

File: 1402962289788.jpg (149.17 KB, 854x480, Sundering Fury29-13A75.jpg)

>>788018
>As she finishes her flip…the girl seems to hang in the air for a moment, the arrow whizzing beneath her as a result.

>As that occurs she begins glowing oddly, before plummeting towards the leader like a bullet, or perhaps a comet.


"Sundering…."

>Roll 1d1000 = 392 Odds her flying kick overshoots the leader, missing entirely. Evens, the girl slams into the leader with her foot, kicking off and landing in front of the axewielder in what seems like an instant.


"…Fury!"

>If Evens on the first hit, the girl immediately jumps again, slashing the air in front of her with her arm blades, and then backflipping, seemingly slicing through the air in front of her with her feet as well, sending a roughly cross shaped slash of energy at her new target as well.


>Roll to dodge/deflect.

788171

File: 1402962584434.jpg (187.88 KB, 500x712, tumblr_mogcbr9chU1qkirt7o1_500…)

>>788018

>Duo rolls out of the way of the archer's punch


>but now on the ground, defenseless before the archer, it seems Duo's number is up…


>But her eyes start to glow luminously, and a massive aura of blue mana forms around her body. reflecting off of the light all around them


>She slowly gets up and looks down at her hands before blinking a few times


…ok I have NO idea what's going on here but…

>she rushes forward and tries to kick the archer's head, her foot modified into a blade


Roll 1d1000 = 347
>evens

>meanwhile, her twin sets of tentacles each form together into large gauntlet like claws and try to stab into a pair of swords men


>Swords man 1

Roll 1d1000 = 843

>swords man 2

Roll 1d1000 = 983

>evens everything.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788185

File: 1402963444372.png (24.89 KB, 110x143, icon - dead again.png)

>>788018
>both attacks his the one armed swordswoman, her undead body keeping her from taking too much damage.

>"Can't fall, have to keep these guys off of Travis and Sophie."


>she takes a swing at both of them

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 687
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 860
>if at least one is successful, she casts another hex, a black circle appears around her person, causing the two fallen soldier's bodies to combust violently
>how many other frozen soldier's she catches in the blast
>if one of the rolls was successful Roll 1d5 = 4
>if both were successful Roll 1d10 = 3

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788188

>>788163
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 980

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788200

>>788092
>with Travis downed, the Frozen Leader raises his axe, ready to strike him while he's down.

>>788163
>>788188
>only to be stopped immediately by Sophie's attack.

>the kick actually ends up making a dent in the leader's armor, stumbling him back away from Travis.


>however, before the follow up attack can hit, 2 swordsmen move in front of it, sacrificing themselves to the attack.


>the leader raises his hand in the air, attempting to revive the fallen soldiers that have been taken out by his opponents

>roll to interrupt

>>788171
>sadly for Duo, all her attacks fail to hit, a swordsman leaps at Duo, trying to cut her down
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 722

>if successful, the archer moves away, moving behind the Frozen Leader


>>788185
>the attack successfully cuts a small hole in the army's forces, allowing Yvonne to get closer to the group.

>one of the archers fires a bolt into the air, trying to arch it over to hit Yvonne

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 386

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 788209

>>788200
>the arrow hit Yvonne in her left shoulder.. At least isn't her right.

Dammit!

>being worn down by all the attacks, Yvonne plants her sword in the ground and takes another Life Gem from her pouch, crushing it in her hand.

>Roll 1d2 = 2 turns till she is fully healed

>regardless, she rushes into the crowd of enemies, trying to get closer to the leader of the army. She takes a swing at a large cluster of soldiers, trying to get them all in one large arch

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 481
>how manyRoll 1d5 = 4

788214

File: 1402964445720.jpg (101.5 KB, 730x1200, nmh-travis-touchdown2.jpg)

>>788163
>>788171
>>788185
>>788200
>Sophie had just possibly saved his life.
Thanks!
>Not very eloquent, but he didn't have time to find the words that expressed how grateful he was.

>Finally he pushes himself up to his feet, forehead dribbling blood over his eyes can causing his vision to turn red. Red with a rising sense of rage that he was off his game, rage at the stupid weather, and now rage at this sonofabitch leader who just wouldn't die.

>Back on his feet, he raises his beam katana over his head while hitting the button to expend a good deal of its energy as he charges for one powerful vertical slice. And then he bring it down while shouting:
FUCK YOU!

>Roll 1d1000 = 602 odds

788242

>>788200
>Roll 1d1000 = 792 Evens

788251

File: 1402966658745.jpg (122.01 KB, 720x800, 10215617.jpg)

>>788200
>>788242
>Seeing the leader raise his hand in the air like before, Sophie suddenly jolts forwards, shoving him with a level of force usually reserved for attempted kidnappers or child molesters.

>While some of the force is absorbed by the man's chest plate, the sheer amount of force thrown into the shove would be enough to knock him back, and hopefully break his concentration in the process.


>Roll 1d1000 = 760 Evens, she follows up with a pair of midair jump kicks, the first to the chest and the second to the head, in an attempt to keep him off balance. Roll 1d2 = 2 hit.

788256

File: 1402967000555.jpg (254.05 KB, 500x500, tumblr_mvqyo5y20e1rs4uv7o1_500…)

>>788200

>Slashed across the back by the swords man, Duo comes crashing down to the ground, a huge wound in her back


>she looks up, her vision dazey


Y…yvonne?

>she asks holding her hand out


…I'm sorry I couldn't help…

>is all she says before her hand drops and her eyes close as her head falls against the cold hard ice


>Duo is very near death, unless someone gets her medical attention of some sort soon, it's very likely the tentacle winged girl will die.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788267

>>788214
>the attack fails, the leader blocking the attack.

>he does a spin, holding his axe outwards, ready to cut down Travis in the wake of his attack

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 331

>>788242
>>788251
>Sophie's attempts prove helpful, knocking the leader straight onto his back, his unarmored chest facing up in the army.

>>788256
>with one opponent down, the armor turns there attention to the more dangerous opponents, protecting the leader. Duo is not a threat to them at the moment, only the other three.

>>788209
>the attack fails, with Yvonne rushing into the crowd, the swordsmen attempt to push her back, out of the crowd.
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 239

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 788270

>>788267
>>788256
>Duo's down…

>Yvonne grits her teeth, her eyes going wide with rage. One of the few people who she was able to call a friend, who had helped her find a home, and was overall kind to her despite her disposition…


>She was not going to lose that.


Move!

>she swung her sword wildlessly, having no defense to her fighting style, trying to cut her way through the crowd

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 405
>how many she gets with her swings Roll 1d5 = 3

>she shouted to the others


Kill the leader all ready!

788271

File: 1402968158156.jpg (143.22 KB, 1920x1200, no-more-heroes-travis-touchdow…)

>>788251
>Travis simply grins at seeing the leader finally take a hit.

>>788256
>Travis had no healing means, all he was focused on was killing the leader so that they wouldn't have to deal with his resurrecting bullshit for any longer.

>>788267
>Travis holds up his beam katana and blocks the incoming axe swing, deflecting the attack and helping to shove the bastard back as Sophie kicks him.

Just die already!

>He leaps into the air and tries to bring the end of the katana down to impale the leader.

>Roll 1d1000 = 280 odds

>>788270
We're FUCKING TRYING!

788329

>>788270
>>788271
>"Morality Check?"
>Roll 1d1000 = 929

788336

File: 1402972271782.jpg (150.62 KB, 854x480, 14-46A7.jpg)

>>788256
>Sophie notices Duo fall out of the corner of her eye.

>>788267
>The leader is downed, so it would be safe enough to use a Restorative Arte…

>>788270
>But she's being ordered to attack.

>>788271
>And the red coated guy is seemingly useless.

>>788329
"…."

>The girl doesn't really understand the concept of death very well either.


>Its not like Nue has been destroyed…and if she hasn't managed to repair herself once the threats have been eliminated, there's no reason why things can't just be taken care of then.


"…."

>So, instead of casting any Artes, she just attempts to drive one of her arm blades through the fallen knight's unarmored chest.


>Roll 1d1000 = 613 Evens.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788342

>>788270
>her attack fails yet again, several of the swordsmen attempt to force Yvonne to retreat with kicks and punches
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 753
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 628
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 810
>if more than three are successful, she is forced to step out of the crowd of enemies.

>>788271
>>788329
>>788336
>the leader rolled away from both of the attacks, taking a large swing with his axe, he attempts to get both opponents in the radius of his attack
>evens, Sophie Roll 1d1000 = 323
>evens, Travis Roll 1d1000 = 558

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788344

File: 1402972943131.png (13.61 KB, 64x78, affinity.png)

>>788342
>the attacks are successful, forcing the one armed swordswoman to retreat, back to the edge.

Goddammit!

>she holds her sword in the air, 5 dark orbs appear over her head. Swinging the blade forward, she fires them, the projectiles taking the form of white eyed spirits, with the way they move, they are able to make it over the crowd to hit the leader.

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 637
>how many hit Roll 1d5 = 3

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788345

>>788344
>rerolling that because I'm getting tired of this fight Roll 1d1000 = 675

788351

File: 1402973342097.jpg (14.64 KB, 210x240, char_36305.jpg)

>>788336
>>788342
>>788344
>>788345
These rolls…

Goddammit!

>Travis cries out in pain. He then stepped forward to go for a quick kick to the head to daze the opponent before tripping him down and slamming him in a quick manuever.

>Roll 1d1000 = 865 odds

788359

>>788342
>>788344
>>788351
>Tactics roll. Roll 1d1000 = 458

788364

File: 1402974972274.jpg (13.04 KB, 183x275, images (2).jpg)

>>788342
>Sophie does a back handspring and lands out of the range of the ax.

>>788344
>>788345
>Still, they're starting to be overwhelmed.

>>788351
>It seems that Travis has the axwielder under control for now though…

>>788359
>…It'd be wisest to bolster their numbers since the fight isn't seeming like it'll end quickly.

>The girl darts to the side, trying to gain some distance from the enemy soldiers, before begining to chant as blue energy glows around her.


>Roll 1d1000 = 525Roll 1d1000 = 642 Both evens,

“I can help! Rejuvenate!”

>She manages to channel up the required energy for the Arte faster than normal, not leaving enough time for the enemies to stop her from completing the spell.


>Either odds,

“I beseech of you the gift of rebirth. Light take form and grant thy boon! Rejuvenate!”

>The Arte takes a bit longer to channel, leaving the girl open for assault, roll to attempt to interrupt before she can get the revive off.


>Regardless, as long as she's not interrupted, she is able to heal Duo's wounds and restores her conciousness enough to bring her back into the fight, though her wounds will still be tender. 30% of full health in the game, whatever that means?

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788370

>>788364
>>788351
>>788344
>Blocking Yvonne's attack, the leader is left open for the attack by the otaku assassin. With Travis' kick, knocking the armored helm off, the leader is able to be stunned long enough for the healing be done with no interruptions, he rubs his head in confusion.

>without his helmet, he looks the same as all the other guards, empty eye sockets, decayed face, and blue-ish white flesh due to the cold.

!MEOWKdWFcQ 788376

File: 1402975567713.png (13.61 KB, 64x78, affinity.png)

>>788370
WHile he's stunned! Get him!

>Yvonne tries to hit the leader once more with a Affinity attack, the black spirits homing in on the axe wielding undead


>evens Roll 1d1000 = 352

>evens Roll 1d1000 = 724
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 732
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 973
>evens Roll 1d1000 = 753

788379

File: 1402975899070.jpg (277.23 KB, 1248x887, 1372296223817.jpg)

>>788364
>>788370
>>788376
>Travis rallies with Yvonne's efforts to put the leader down for good, trying to stab the katana in his body multiple times.
>Roll 1d1000 = 591 odds

788389

>>788370
>>788376
>>788379
>Sophie just stands to the side, as the others deliver blow after blow, failing to see any openings where she wouldn't be darting into the other's attacks.

>…Though then she remembers that Nue probably isn't in that good of shape regardless, and goes for another healing spell.


"Healing light I call upon thee! Heal!”

>Glowing lights infuse Nue's body healing the remaining wounds and bringing her back to full health.

788391

File: 1402978348382.jpg (210.04 KB, 370x600, tumblr_m10tyegRJs1rojagbo2_400…)

788506

File: 1403004246105.jpg (53.32 KB, 500x458, tumblr_mqqwxdrkTM1rs4uv7o1_500…)

>>788342
>>788344
>>788345
>>788364
>>788376
>>788389

>Duo gets up onto her legs slowly after the rejuvenation spell


>Groaning at the aches and pains in her back she shakes her head


>But she's shocked to feel the pain in her back suddenly gone, as her wounds are sealed and any blood loss from the wound is fixed


>She blinks a few times, now that was a powerful magic.


>She looks to Sophie


Thank you! I owe you one.

>she says before directing her vision to the boss


>she takes a quick and dynamic pose…as her normally thin flesh like arm takes on a metallic texture and becomes more muscular, her hand reshapes into a claw, a gem surfaces from inside of her hand to the top of it.


>The metallic color soon fades to a black, other than bright silver metallic lines from each of her fingers that converge and lead up to a spiked end on her should


…Alright then.

>A blade extends from the clawed hand and she dives forward towards the leader and tries to slice him


Roll 1d1000 = 348
>evens

>if successful, while her blade is buried inside of the leader, she releases a blast of energy from her palm


Roll 1d1000 = 464
>evens

788507

>>788506
*Shoulder

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 788811

>>788376
>>788379
>>788389
>>788391
>>788506
>with the use of Yvonne's Hexes, Travis' furious swordsmanship, and the slashing and energy blasts of Duo, the leader finally falls. The rest of the army all freeze in places, shuddering, and one by one, all begin to fall down. The Leader falls soon enough as well, collapsing with a groan.

>with that, all 46 soldiers fade away, disintegrating into ash in the same fashion as the Hollow soldier who attacked the mansion, all that remains is a small sliver of light in where the Leader once stood, floating just off the ground.


>The one armed swordswoman approached it, cupping it in her hand.


…A powerful soul.. It isn't the great soul, but it's good enough to keep me from going hollow.

>or allow her to get a powerful weapon.


>she grinned, placing the soul in one of the many pouches on her belt.


Everyone alright? We were getting our asses kicked back there.

788814

File: 1403050205152.png (69.74 KB, 220x352, 220px-TravisTouchdown.png)

>>788389
>>788506
>>788811
>Travis responds first by wiping some of the blood off his forehead and flicking it into the snowy ground.

It sure as fuck could have gone a lot better. But we're all still alive, not game over yet. And I'm still not weakened enough that I need healing. What about everyone else?

789514

File: 1403139794215.jpg (9.8 KB, 405x150, sophiesig.jpg)

>>788506
>Sophie doesn't really seem to get it…at all.

>She tilts her head in what seems to be stunned confusion.


"Owe…me one?…One of what?"

>To be honest she doesn't understand what owing is either, but she figures its best to figure out what the "one" in question is first.


>>788811
>In any case, the Leader finally fell, taking the others with him, and leaving something behind.

>"…A powerful soul."


>So, that is what a soul looks like? Does everything have a soul inside it? What is a soul even?


"…"

>Oh she's being asked a question.


>>788814
>Or two questions. They both are similar enough just to answer at the same time though.

"I got hit…it shouldn't be enough to impair my fighting ability at all."

>The "wound" where she had been shot with an arrow doesn't seem to be bleeding at all, nor did it stain her strange outfit either oddly enough.

789524

File: 1403141400571.jpg (125.37 KB, 500x714, tumblr_mux24qkF1w1sg52g8o1_500…)

>>789514

>Duo thinks


I don't really know? A heal I guess?

>she says rubbing the back of her head a bit


>>788811

Well That's good!

>Duo said with a big smile


I'd hate to lose my first friend. But yeah, thanks to Sophie, I'm better than alright.

…even if I wonder what's going on here

>she stared at her arm


>>788814
Jeeze for someone who seems as normal as you you can sure take a lot can't ya Travis?

"Ill-Tempered" Yvonne!yXU1ArmeD. 789640

>>788814
>>789524
>>789514
Guess we all have abilities that are more than meets the eye.

>they all looked like a bunch of normal people, dressed weirdly, yet all 4 of there were able to handle a whole army of undead soldiers with only a few kinks in the works.


>she looked over to the next door, the passage to the where the soldier's quarters would be.


So next stop, finding this "Key to the Throne Room," huh?

>he looked to the balcony where Theodore once stood, before looking her eyes back to the group.


>"Where did he go…?"

793011

File: 1403743972868.gif (509.58 KB, 280x307, No more heroes charge gif kata…)

>>789514
None whatsoever? Cool, what are you made of anyways, iron?

>>789524
I've gotten the piss kicked out of me a good few times before, but as long as I've got something to work toward, I'll still be moving as long as I'm in one piece…

>>789640
I've got no clue, but it's clear what we've got to do now, that's good enough for me.

>Travis takes a moment to shake his beam katana, charging up the lost battery power before moving to open the next door.


Delete Post [ ]
Edit Post
[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]