[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]

/rp/ - Roleplaying

The board for roleplaying and roleplaying discussion.
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Flags
Password (For file deletion.)

Site maintenance in progress! Posts made now may be lost.

Ponychan-MLPchan Merger >>>/site/15219

File: 1397266153770.jpg (280.97 KB, 800x500, shrine of Avia.jpg)

Equestria Adventures Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744554[Last 50 Posts]

!Sixth Edition!

Welcome to Equestria Adventures an open RPG styled Roleplaying group.

Rules
1. D&D Stats and Classes Encouraged
2. No Overpowered Shenanigans
3. Have Fun!

DM- Guard Pony
CO-DM - Paladin

> OOC https://mlpchan.net/rp/res/535497.html


__________________________________

Chapter Four - The Tournament of Feathery Knights

>At last the group made it into the Gryphon Kingdoms after almost half a month of travel through thick and thin.


>A loud sound of what appears to be marching soldiers, is growing closer as they approach hill that the party is on.


>They had to find the Shrine of Avia and discover the what plagued the Gryphon Kingdoms.


>Why were gryphons being recalled into the kingdom? Why were travelers disappearing near the roads and mountains of the lands? What role has this mysterious cult played?

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 744557

>>744554
>Present

Emery 744560

Oooh, shiny new thread

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744563

File: 1397266471478.png (259.87 KB, 1276x910, tumblr_mpfybrJjNW1ro8ogro2_128…)

>The sounds of armor and weapons banging together along with a marching chant carry up the hill were the party is at.

>Various dead oak trees, covered in snow lay about. The road travels right past them towards the distance.


>A castle is seen against the very mountain the group just came from.


"March! March! March!
Feathers and Blood!
March! March! March!
Valor and Victory!
March! March! March!
"

>The clanging grows louder.


>Dandelion looks around worried.


"We need to hide!"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744566

File: 1397266580701.jpg (274.07 KB, 1600x1200, winter pass.JPG)

>The sun does not shine here. Only clouds and a dim pale blue darkness with some light remains. The clouds cover the lands, making it incredibly depressing. Nothing but snow fills the plains and you spot various castles all over the landscape.

Emery 744573

>>744563
>Ducks into trees/bushes/cover

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744574

[Everyone Roll Hide/Stealth]

[Dexterity]

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 744575

>>744574
Roll 1d20 + 3 = 18

Aquila[Æther Knight]!IZSpArkLeY 744577

>>744574
[Dexterity]Roll 1d20 + 5 = 11

Emery 744579

>>744574
Roll 1d20 + 3 = 18

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744581

File: 1397267439425.png (150.94 KB, 779x1024, artist syekun.png)

>>744579
>>744575
>>744577

>Everyone makes it as they dive into the snow and bury themselves under it. Aquila's tail pokes out and Dandelion runs by and assists his hiding.


Roll 1d20 + 2 = 14 Assist Stealth

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 744582

>>744574
Roll 1d20 + 3 = 15

>was it +3? I think so

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744586

File: 1397267656047.jpg (542.15 KB, 1280x579, Icy_mountains_by_Proflax.jpg)

>>744582

>Gavriel successfully buries himself under a dead tree and adds some snow just in case.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744593

File: 1397268160853.png (259.87 KB, 1276x910, tumblr_mpfybrJjNW1ro8ogro2_128…)

>The gryphons march over the hill. About a hundred of them in all led by a fierce looking one with heavy iron armor and a halberd. They move past at a fast rate, with the back ones, pulling a few catapults and a battering ram.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744596

File: 1397268200319.png (208.25 KB, 575x358, 81654.png)

>As they all leave, Dandelion pokes her head out of the snow and whispers.

"Coast is clear. I wonder where they are going? Should we follow them?"

>Kya nods.


"They look like they are going to war."

Emery 744600

File: 1397268318534.png (146.67 KB, 974x1252, Emery 63.png)

>>744596
"I don't feel like going to war. Let's just do what we're supposed to and get home"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744602

>>744600

>They nod and Misha hums out loud.


"Could steal some stuff from them though…"

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 744604

>>744593
>>744596
>>744600
>>744602
I agree with Emery, the sooner we can go back the better.

Emery 744608

>>744602
>Emery debates in her mind
"ehhhh, but it'd be mostly armor and stuff. Besides, if they're all out going to war, there won't be any military force in the city where the valuable stuff is"

Aquila[Æther Knight]!IZSpArkLeY 744610

>>744596
I wonder war with who.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744614

File: 1397268798807.png (321.48 KB, 905x700, 1378079902019.png)

>Where will the party go?

Emery 744616

>>744614
>To the nearest town/castle

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 744618

>>744614
>Towards our current objective

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744620

>>744616

>From the looks of things, that's where the gryphon warband was going. A few other castles are seen on the horizon. In fact there are almost a dozen you can see in the vast snow covered plains. Various cottages, and farming shacks are all over the valley.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744622

>Gavriel would know that the Shrine of Avia was near Castle Rufflewing which was due north.

Emery 744627

>>744620
>Ignoring town filled with military gryphons

"So, pick of the castles then eh?"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744633

File: 1397269415407.png (558.54 KB, 1920x1080, 1378957247706.png)

>>744627
>>744622
>>744620

>Who knows anything about the gryphon Kingdoms?


[Roll Intelligence]

[Gavriel receives a +10 BONUS]

Emery 744635

>>744633
>inb4 crit success and master of gryphon history
Roll 1d20 + 2 = 9

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 744636

>>744633
Roll 1d20 = 6

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 744641

>>744633
Roll 1d20 + 10 = 20

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744644

File: 1397269883154.png (594.13 KB, 685x685, 46506__safe_oc_armor_royal+gua…)

>>744641

Traditionally there have been six gryphon Houses that have existed. Although there have been more clans and other rival groups, these six have remained constant for almost a millennium.

-Clan Wildhammer-
Matriarchy
A group of fierce mostly female blacksmiths. Their prowess in engineering and metalwork is unmatched throughout the land. Many foreign leaders request armors and weapons from them as a symbolic gesture of their own power. Males are not treated very nicely at Clan Wildhammer and are often seen as "distractions."

-House Bloodtalon-
Survival of the Fittest
A clan of the most feared gryphon fighters in all the land. Their love of violence and power is a testament to their philosophy that only the strongest survive. This group of gryphons murders their crippled, handicapped, and any gryphon who would hurt their bloodline. All gryphons in this House are elgibile to become the leader if they depose the current one.

-House Rufflewing-
Monarchy
The largest of the gryphon clans, House Rufflewing is lead by the noble Fredrick Von Rufflewing and his wife Guinevere. This clan has an established set of laws and is primarily farmers who tend to the fertile fields of the Gryphon Kingdoms. They are currently the lead gryphon group that controls the other clans and houses.

-Clan Wyvernsong-
Democracy
A hearty group of gryphons bound together for their love of battle, song, and glory. The entire clan often vacates their ancestral home to go adventuring throughout the world. Famous travelers from this group include Goldenbeak, Silvertalon, and Razzleclaw. These three have had moderate success in far away lands, doing charity work, killing monsters, and other noble deeds.

-House Featherbrew-
Patriarchy
The Featherbrew clan is the oldest of the gryphon groups that exist in the Kingdoms. Their culture is based upon their love of brewing. Often times, travelers are seen stumbling away from their ancestral taverns, not able to remember even their own names for the Featherbrew drink is one of the most powerful in the land, bringing merriment, warmth, and joy. Legend has it that the eldest of the Featherbrews has a secret brew, so strong, that it is able to bring the dead back to life for their very souls wish to drink the nectar of their talonwork.

-Clan Manabeak-
Unknown
A strange group of gryphons that formed from an offshoot of the long dead House Sinew. Stationed in an outpost near the more fringe parts of the Kingdom, the group lived unknowingly near a mana well that seeped into their crops, their bodies, and products causing them to have various strange and vague magical properties. Their leader is a gryphon who has mastered spellcraft and together, he and his kindred produce magical draughts, scrolls, and other devices to help their gryphon brothers and sisters. They often team up with Clan Wildhammer to craft magical weapons.


>>744635
>>744636

>Both of you know very little of anything about the Gryphon Kingdoms. What you do know is that they are very feudal with vassals, kingships, and knights.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744657

File: 1397270268506.png (208.25 KB, 575x358, 81654.png)

>>744641

>Those gryphons that just passed had red markings. Most likely from Bloodtalon.


>They were heading towards the Manabeaks.

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 744663

>>744644
>>744657

>relay all info

Emery 744672

File: 1397270911794.png (146.9 KB, 555x555, Implying.png)

>>744663
"Sooo, not towards the blood thirsty war gryphons then.

Let's try to find those Wildhammers. They'd probably have some nice stuff. Or you can go see your girlfriend over in Wyvernsong"

>nudge nudge

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 744674

>>744644
>>744663
>>744672
Uhmm… Which way to the shrine…?

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 744681

>>744672

>try to remember way

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 744693

[To Be Continued]

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754126

File: 1398561442620.jpg (11.24 KB, 200x182, b04.jpg)

>>744674
>>744681

[Roll Call]

>The Shrine is near the mountains behind House Rufflewing's keep and city. The capitol city of the Kingdom. It was about a days march from here.

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 754128

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754129

>>754126
>aaaaaaa

Emery 754130

>>754126
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong zebra woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754133

>>754126
*grumble*

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754136

File: 1398561661113.jpg (1.63 MB, 2700x2900, Equestria Map.jpg)

>>754130
>>754133
>>754128

>The snowy plains around you was harsh and inhospitable in the fall and winter months. Normally it wasn't like this.


>Gavriel could sense something wrong with the land.


>Crescent could feel an evil tingling in her spine. Something most foul was here.


[Follow the paved cobblestone roads]
[Go off the roads]
[Explore?]

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754140

>>754136
>She whispers to her Raven (Who still doesn't have a name)

Tell me what you see up there.

>Crescent promptly releases the bird into the air.

Emery 754145

File: 1398561952982.png (146.67 KB, 974x1252, Emery 63.png)

>>754136
"Whatever way will have the least number of armed blood thirsty gryphons, I think we should take that way"

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 754148

>>754136
Following the roads would probably be most unwise considering the guard patrols. We should find a way off road.

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754151

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754152

File: 1398562262999.jpg (409.2 KB, 1600x1200, artworks-000029732457-4qiehv-o…)

>>754140

>The Raven makes no gesture but nods its head up and down and launches into the air. Gaining altitude and circling about for a bit.


>Through his eyes you are able to see a small village to the west, a town to the east. Further north where House Rufflewing was, rested more castles and a large cleared field with some sort of commotion undergoing. Various multicolored flags stream in the distance.


>>754148
>>754145

>Dandelion turns towards the fields.


"We'll have to sneak by some farm houses but nothing too scary."

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754154

>>754152
>Relay the information

There are likely to be less guard patrols in the smaller villages I'd think. Perhaps we could sneak through the ones to the west if we need a place to stop.

Emery 754155

>>754152
>>754154
>Emery shrugs
"Whatever way will keep us from getting killed. Village sounds like the best choice"

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 754156

>>754152
>>754154
>>754155
Sounds like a plan.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754158

>>754156
>>754155

>Dandelion waves everyone to follow and together the group trudges onwards through the snow, off the trail towards various farm houses scattered throughout. Their direction was due north.


[Roll Fate] Everyone

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754161

>>754158

Roll 1d100 = 39

Emery 754162

>>754158
Roll 1d100 = 41

Calling 48

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754164

>>754158
Roll 1d100 = 92

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 754166

>>754158
Roll 1d100 = 38

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754179

File: 1398563093597.jpg (768.36 KB, 1000x747, Snow.jpg)

>>754166
>>754164
>>754162
>>754161

>A most tragic outcome for the party but not was all lost….


>The group passes through ditches, and mounds of snowy dirt moving towards a small farming community on the outskirts of a empty road. Six houses stood all around a town square that was made of stone.


>It was strangely….silent.


>No sounds. No birds. No insects. Not even light from the windows even in the dim cloudy sky.

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754182

>>754179

Something is very, very wrong here….

Emery 754183

>>754179
"Thiiiiis doesn't seem right"

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754184

>>754179
>Crescent sends her Raven to scout the village

What's going on here?

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754188

File: 1398563369833.jpg (139.75 KB, 900x689, snow farm.jpg)

>>754183
>>754182
>>754184

>Nothing can be seen as she flies through. Although she finds evidence of paw prints and what looks like drag marks in the snow. The houses were locked and a few even boarded up.


[Investigate Further]?

>What will the party do? Avoid these houses or continue on?

Emery 754190

File: 1398563477127.png (68.78 KB, 600x289, bits.png)

>>754188
"Hmmm. Coiny, what do you say? Loot the houses, or move on?"

1- houses
2-gtfo

Roll 1d2 = 2

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754191

>>754188
Something… or someone… was drug through here… I don't like this place…

Emery 754192

>>754190
"Coiny says we should move on. He hasn't led us wrong yet"

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 754194

>>754188
I doubt a poor farmers village has anything we're looking for. We should move on.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754206

File: 1398563955173.jpg (274.07 KB, 1600x1200, winter pass.JPG)

>>754191
>>754192
>>754194
>>754192
>>754191
>>754190

>The group stays clear of the houses and moves on. Whatever was wrong with those places, it was probably best left be.


>They move along for some time, crossing a frozen river and as you move near the road. Dandelion leaps down and shouts.


"Hide!"

[Roll Stealth]

>She leaps into the snow with Kya and Misha.


>Something was flying in the sky.

Emery 754207

>>754206
>Leaps into the snow

Roll 1d20 + 3 = 11

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754208

>>754206
Roll 1d20 + 3 = 13

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754209

>>754206
Roll 1d20 + 4 = 21

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 754212

>>754206
Dex
Roll 1d20 = 12

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754214

File: 1398564231996.png (259.87 KB, 1276x910, tumblr_mpfybrJjNW1ro8ogro2_128…)

>>754207

>Out of the sky swoops twelve gryphons in heavy armor in formation. They fly slowly at low altitudes, looking for something…..


>As they pass by, Dandelion pokes her head out of the snow.


"Huh. Where are they going?"

>A large quarry can be seen a mile away. Black smoke can be seen coming out from it in the gray dim mists.

Emery 754216

>>754214
"There are way too many of those things around here. You'd think they could just stay home or something."
This post was edited by its author on .

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754220

File: 1398564476763.png (288.48 KB, 980x815, 458006__safe_solo_oc_fallout+e…)

>>754216
>>754214

>Dandelion points to the quarry.


"Shall we go check it out?"

>Misha frowns.


"I'd rather not go underground again."

>Kya shrugs her ears flicking as she listens for something.


"I don't know."

>A noise behind everyone startles you and you see a gryphon pulling a wagon cart. Looks like a merchant but instead of goods and foods, he looks like he's carrying clothing, supplies, and hiking gear.

Emery 754227

>>754220
"I'd rather not die in a quarry of burning gryphons, or whatever that is."

>She notices the merchant heading down the road


"Don't worry, I've got this"

>She casually saunters out to the trail


"Well hello there! Seems you have some stuff for sale there, am I right?"

Diplomacy (ie don't scare the shit out of him)
Roll 1d20 + 5 = 7

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754233

File: 1398565065638.png (288.48 KB, 980x815, 458006__safe_solo_oc_fallout+e…)

>>754227

>Seeing a zebra in this place certainly startles him and he stops cold in his tracks the cart bumping into his rear.


"W-Who the hell are you? I thought outsiders were banned from entering?"

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754234

>>754233
>laugh, stand up.

Hi there.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754236

>>754234

>He flaps his wings and bows.


"Hello, fellow avian brother! Why are you in the company of outsiders?"

Emery 754237

File: 1398565309081.png (174.28 KB, 900x675, sir bearington.png)

>>754233
"Hm?"
She looks to herself

"Oh right, forgot I had this disguise on"

>Alter Self to female gryphon


"Just an illusion. Sorry to startle you."

>>754234
"That's my mate over there. We were just passing through this part. What luck you'd be here"

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754239

>>754236

>Sigh.


>>754237

You and your… disguises.

Emery 754240

>>754239
>She smiles at him
"What? They're good for mingling in with different groups"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754242

>>754239
>>754237

>He jumps slightly at the sudden change and he bows graciously.


"Ah! You must be from Clan Manabeak. Such sorcery is rare in this parts."

>>754240

>He looks confused yet slightly suspicious.


"Are you fleeing too? The cities?"

Emery 754243

File: 1398565584526.png (174.28 KB, 900x675, sir bearington.png)

>>754242
"Yours too? I thought it was just our neck of the woods. What's happening in your city?"

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754244

>Crescent shuffles off to the side, grooming her raven as the others speak with the merchant.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754246

File: 1398565788504.png (288.48 KB, 980x815, 458006__safe_solo_oc_fallout+e…)

>>754243

>He spots Crescent moving out from under the snow and he jumps slightly again.


"Is that your slave or servant over there? She looks to be some sort of mutt…"

>He shrugs his head and looks at you more curiously.


"I'm gettin' out of the cities before those darned cultists and the plague finally reach the city. All sorts of nasty business."

>He looks even more worried


"I really need to go…I don't even know if you are spies."

Emery 754249

File: 1398565964219.gif (1.31 MB, 400x360, 2spooky4me.gif)

>>754246
"Yep, a little runt we found while we were out once. She's useful at times. Comes with a neat bird too."

She scoffs at his last comment

"oooh, spies. Please, if we were spies, you'd probably be dead by now, right? Besides, Gavel over here would be a dreadful spy. All paws"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754250

>>754249

>The gryphon looks slightly at ease but begins to move his cart slowly away from you.


"I have to leave. I don't want to die alright? Get out while you still can."

Aquila[Æther Knight]!IZSpArkLeY 754251

File: 1398566107554.gif (1.41 MB, 576x324, 610420__safe_solo_rarity_anima…)

>>754126
>Give me a moment

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754252

>>754249
>Crescent huffs and keeps grooming, occasionally whispering to it from time to time.

I was serious when I said we were going to talk about that sapphire, why did you choose it?

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754253

>>754240

Sometimes I think they're more trouble than they're worth…

>>754246
We're not spies… I grew up mostly around clan Featherbrew griffons but I started to travel after a while. You meet all sorts of interesting griffons that way… didn't have much fun when I met those crazy Wildhammer ponies though…

>>754249

She's right.

>>754250

Unfortunately, we have business to attend to still before we can leave.

Emery 754254

File: 1398566149405.png (174.28 KB, 900x675, sir bearington.png)

>>754250
"You bet we will. Hey, quick question. Which way did you come from, so we know not to head there?"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754255

File: 1398566362438.png (288.48 KB, 980x815, 458006__safe_solo_oc_fallout+e…)

>>754252

>The Raven moves his head to the side curiously and gently pecks your head. A voice in your head.


" Knowledge….and Power…."

>>754253
>>754254

>As he turns to leave he shouts back.


"I came from House Rufflewing. Don't go into that cursed city. They watch….everything!"

Emery 754257

>>754255
"Gotcha. Thanks for the info and stay safe out there!"

>She waves goodbye until he's out of sight

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754258

>>754255
>Crescent cocks an eyebrow at the bird

That's… strange… you've never done anything like that before…

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754259

File: 1398566691127.jpg (409.2 KB, 1600x1200, artworks-000029732457-4qiehv-o…)

>>754257

>Dandelion looks scared and her ears fold back.


"I don't know what's in store for us…but it doesn't sound good."

>>754258

>It points a feathered wing towards the mana crystal and pecks at your backpack.


>>754257

>Everyone else sets out again.


>Three features are present in the general direction you are traveling.


1. A Windmill
2. A Quarry
3. A Large Building.
Gavriel would recognize the building as the famed Wyvernsong Tavern, their home building.

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754260

>>754259
>She sighs

I still fail to see how I'm supposed to eat it…

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754261

>>754259

…..That building… the Wyvernsong tavern…! I haven't been here for years! I don't' see much point in going to the windmill, and the quarry seems like a big mistake…

Emery 754262

File: 1398566915103.png (146.67 KB, 974x1252, Emery 63.png)

>>754259
>>754253

>Alter Self back to normal


"Ugh, how do you deal with all those feathers and stuff? It's so damn itchy"

>Looking out at the nearby features

>>754261
"Yeah, let's avoid the burning quarry of death. A drink at the tavern sounds nice"

>She stops to think for a second

"You know the area better than me. How are they with "outsiders"?

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754263

>>754262
You get used to it when it's permanent.

As for the outsider thing, well… Wyvernsong are probably some of the… more accepting gryphons of the lot.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754264

>>754263
>>754262

>Travel to the Tavern?

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754265

Aquila[Æther Knight]!IZSpArkLeY 754266

Emery 754267

>>754263
"Good. Because I can only lie for you all so much"

>>754264
Si

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 754268

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754269

File: 1398567170970.png (376.37 KB, 413x424, Wyrensong Inn.png)

>>754265
>>754264
>>754263

>As you all move swiftly through the fields, the afternoon sun begins to set in the horizon.


>As you move closer you spot several figures outside in what appears is a brawl. Gryphons are beating each other up outside the tavern.

Emery 754270

>>754269
"Yep, this seems par for the course around here"

>Avoid gryphon fight

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754271

>>754269

Well… that doesn't surprise me. They have a love for battle here, after all…

>smiles, and he starts to approach the tavern

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754272

>>754269
>Crescent stays away from the fighting and does her best to remain out of sight. A "slave filly" should not approach the drunk and angry gryphons.

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 754273

>>754269
Avoid the fight, keeping my eyes on the ground.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754274

File: 1398567503679.png (3.56 MB, 3240x2690, 260093.png)

>>754272
>>754271
>>754270

>As the group approaches the Tavern, a gryphon is thrown out the second floor window. He falls to the ground with an oof and you could have sworn something broke. He staggers upright, clearly drunk.


"Aye! I'll have my *hic* revenge ya feather brained bird brain!"

>He staggers back into the front door. Four gryphons wearing all sorts of gear punt two more out the windows. They fall on the ground and roll in the snow. They had "Rufflewing Badges" on their uniforms.


"You'll pay for this Wyrensong ruffians! DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

>They stomp off past you, paying you no heed.


>What a wild place.

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754275

>>754274

>stare at the Rufflewing badged gryphons as they pass, then gets ready to head inside.


Just another day at the tavern.

Aquila[Æther Knight]!IZSpArkLeY 754276

>>754274
Aren't they an aggressive bunch.
>Walks pass

Emery 754278

>>754275
>Follows him in

"I like this place"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754279

File: 1398567785384.png (210.59 KB, 500x531, tumblr_inline_mpn9w1ZEnp1qz4rg…)

>>754274

>Musical instruments begin to play as someone sings obnoxiously in the tavern.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6uEaigbuw

>They sound really drunk.


>Someone else shouts.


"WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT!"

>More cheering as the group moves to the front door. A burely heavily armored gryphon in green armor extends a paw.


"Non gryphons eh?"

>He smirks.


"Can you drink? Can you fight? Do you like adventure?"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754281

>>754275
>>754276
>>754278

>What do you say to the door guard?

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754283

>>754276

>laughs heavily. "Yup. I knew this gryphon named Battleheart once… I don't know what happened to him,, but his coming of age party was amazing.


>>754279

>grins.


We love to drink, we long to fight, and we breathe adventure, friend.

…It's been a while since I was last here.

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754285

>>754279
>>754281
Crescent doesn't say anything to the guard. She doesn't even make eye contact with him

Aquila[Æther Knight]!IZSpArkLeY 754288

File: 1398568114420.jpg (142.26 KB, 1000x1100, stygius_by_piecee01-d6xpwe1.jp…)

>>754281
I live to fly, adventure is in my bones.
>smirks

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754289

File: 1398568165967.png (311.18 KB, 4649x3624, 258593.png)

>>754283

>He grabs you in a big hug and pats your back roughly with his paws.


"WELCOME BROTHERS! HAR!"

>He lets you go and ushers everypony in except Crescent to which he grabs the scruff of her neck with his paw and holds her up with his muscles as she dangles. It didn't hurt but it was certainly embarrassing.


"Yer a bit young lass for our tavern."

>A purple feathered female gryphon with a ridiculous mohawk feathered style and battle harness full of throwing knives.


"Let her down and in. I was twelve when I started adventure."

>He shrugs and gently puts Crescent on the ground.


"Don't let me catch you drinkin miss."

>he chuckles.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754293

File: 1398568219815.png (210.59 KB, 500x531, tumblr_inline_mpn9w1ZEnp1qz4rg…)

>>754288

>The gryphon takes his helm off to better see you.


"A child of the night? Welcome bat pony."

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 754295

>>754289
>She shakes her head

Oh no, I wouldn't dare… Father doesn't want me to drink…

Emery 754297

>>754279
"I drink far too much, fight when it's needed, and always love a bit of adventure."

>>754295
"Even a thousand miles away from your father, you're still worrying about his opinion"

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 754298

>>754289

>grins as he heads in, and looks around to the gryphons, "Hail, gryphons of Wyvernsong!"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 754300

File: 1398568697765.png (107.76 KB, 500x431, 286478.png)

>>754293
>>754289

>As Gavriel enters the bar, the party spots Golden Beak and a gryphon with the most armor you'd ever seen a gryphon wear. His helmet was turned upside down and it was filled with ale as he drank from it. Golden Beak stands on the stage and waves her wings and paws.


"LISTEN UP! WE GOTTA RECRUIT FOR THE TOURNEY! NEED A FEW MORE OF YA TO FIGHT WITH US AND COMPETE!"

>The male gryphon in the crazy armor spills his helmet and roars


"AYE THAT BASTARD KING RUFFLEASS ANIT GETTIN AWAY WITH THIS"

[To Be Continued]

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757216

File: 1398821518912.jpg (170.1 KB, 750x750, 1367954290872.jpg)

[Roll Call]

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 757220

>>757216
>D giving (to Golden Beak) intensifies

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757222

Emery 757223

File: 1398821845732.jpg (542.72 KB, 804x1920, 1397496048301.jpg)

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757225

File: 1398822248517.png (376.37 KB, 413x424, Wyrensong Inn.png)

>>757223
>>757222
>>757220

>The legendary tavern and home of the Wyrensong was nothing to joke about. It had the most spacious rooms rife with various trophy kills from the most dangerous predators all over the walls. Medals of valor, medallions of courage, and blue ribbons were all over the walls. The stone masonry and ancient wood had history, its sides were written with signatures of heroes long dead but their deeds lived on through song and the very house itself.


>The crowd was arguing amongst themselves and as you approach, Golden Beak and the Armored Gryphon turn towards everypony and wave.


"Welcome outsiders!"

>Golden Beak waves happily at Gavriel before continuing her speech.


"Now is our chance gryphons and gryphoness, to finally win the Tournament of Feathery Knights and become the rulers of our Kingdoms. Too many wrongs have been done by the Rufflewings to be ignored. A great evil has filled the land and you all can feel it. Its creeping upon us."

>the armored gryphon yells.


"Amongst the Rufflewings are black magicians who worship something most foul. They whisper into Fredrick Von Rufflewing's ears and he obeys."

Emery 757229

File: 1398822430324.png (146.67 KB, 974x1252, Emery 63.png)

>>757225
>Emery snickers

"Tournament of Feathery Knights. It sounds so silly"

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757231

>>757225
>Crescent merely stands off to the side with her raven, trying her best not to bring attention to herself.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757232

File: 1398822542670.png (282.62 KB, 969x824, 453694__safe_solo_oc_fallout+e…)

>>757225

>Another male gryphon with red tinted feathers raises a paw.


>Golden Beak points to him so that he could speak.


"It is never the Wyvernsong that have ruled. Surely you know that we aren't exactly the best city planners."

>Various laughs and murmurs drift through the crowd.


>Golden Beak nods.


"It would be only to overthrow the current reign and destroy the evil that plagues are beloved homeland. Another group shall rule."

>>757229

>A nearby gryphon hears you and leans in to whisper.


"It actually sounds better in the gryphon language."

>He jokes.

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 757236

>>757225
Keeping my head down I'll ask Viktor
"What exactly do these cultists worship?"

Emery 757237

>>757232
"I'd hope so"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757243

File: 1398822795866.png (376.37 KB, 413x424, Wyrensong Inn.png)

>>757236

"They worship darkness. The very lack of light itself. I assume you are intelligent to know that there is one thing in the universe that they despise greatly."

>As they speak amongst themselves, the sounds of some fighting outside causes everyone to look at the door as the gate guard rushes through the door and slams it behind him.


"The Rufflewings are here! They're looking for a fight!"

>The door crashes open behind him, knocking him sideways and gryphosn in armor with weapons storm in.


"FIGHT! BROTHERS AND SISTERS! "

>Weapons are drawn

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757246

File: 1398822950729.png (3.56 MB, 3240x2690, 260093.png)

>>757243
>>757236

>As the chaos ensues Viktor speaks one last time.


"But this cult…they are being used. I never could find out who but someone else is out there. "

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 757249

>>757225
>waves back

>>757232
Listens and….

>>757243
>sigh and prepares for trouble

Emery 757251

>>757243
"Oh boy"

>Brings out banjo while nervously fiddling with her earring


Roll 1d2 + 26 = 28

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757254

>>757243
Father warned me that this kind of stuff happened in bars…

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757255

File: 1398823356010.jpg (96.09 KB, 1050x761, raven_spirit_by_lilycat13-d6hj…)

>>757254

>Your raven speaks to you urgently.


"Flee upstairs! You are in danger here."

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 757256

>>757254
It's even more like this around here.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757259

File: 1398823465299.png (259.87 KB, 1276x910, tumblr_mpfybrJjNW1ro8ogro2_128…)

>>757249
>>757251
>>757254
>>757256

>Seven armored gryphons in chain mail with short swords storm into the room through the front door.


>The party was closest to the door.


[Fight]
[Flee]

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757261

>>757255
>Despite just learning her bird could speak, she runs up the stairs.

Emery 757265

File: 1398823572515.gif (107.76 KB, 500x161, nononono (2).gif)

>>757259
>Nope
>Flee

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757266

File: 1398823583673.png (208.25 KB, 575x358, 81654.png)

>>757261

>As you run upstairs past several gryphons who storm down with all sorts of cutlery and armor, you dart down a long hall to see one of those Rufflewing Gryphons climbing through the second story window. He growls at you and moves towards you.


"A pony? They are harboring fugitives!"

>He shouts as he tries to grab you.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757272

File: 1398823637331.png (259.87 KB, 1276x910, tumblr_mpfybrJjNW1ro8ogro2_128…)

>>757265

>As you turn to flee, a large gryphon throws a spear at your back.


HIT
Roll 1d20 + 6 = 24
DMG
Roll 1d12 + 2 = 11

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757274

>>757266
>Try to evade his grasp

>Dex roll

Roll 1d20 + 3 = 10

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757276

>>757274

>The gryphon grabs you with his talons


Roll 1d20 + 4 = 7

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757278

File: 1398823791576.png (176.52 KB, 591x331, Capture.PNG)

>>757274
>>757276

>You wiggle out of his claws and scamper under him.


>He growls.


"Come back here equine! I won't bite!"

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 757279

>>757259
Web the front door catching as many as possible in it.
reflex Dc=18
Then I'll try and go upstairs

Emery 757281

>>757272
>Try to duck under the flying spear

Roll 1d20 + 3 = 6

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757283

>>757278
>Keep fleeing up the stairs and try to find a place to hide

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757286

File: 1398823956736.jpg (8 KB, 275x183, blood.jpg)

>>757279

#1
Roll 1d20 + 4 = 13
#2
Roll 1d20 + 4 = 19
#3
Roll 1d20 + 4 = 12
#4
Roll 1d20 + 4 = 24
#5
Roll 1d20 + 4 = 19
#6
Roll 1d20 + 4 = 9

>The web splashes out all over the doorway and storming gryphons.


>>757281

>The spear strikes and sticks into your back as Misha yelps and helps hold and push you through the crowd.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757291

File: 1398824135829.jpg (97.1 KB, 756x800, 137816267659.jpg)

>>757286

>Three gryphons break free as more charging Wyrensong gryphons clash with them. Golden Beak shouts out loud.


"We've got the lower floors. Get the top levels outsiders!"

DMG ROLLS
Roll 1d8 + 3 = 6
Roll 1d8 + 3 = 7
Roll 1d8 + 3 = 4

[DM Stuff]
Roll 1d100 = 85

>>757283
>>757279

>You see some gryphons climbing through the window and one chasing Crescent up the stairs.

Emery 757293

>>757286
"Ahhhh! Get it out get it out get it out!"

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757299

>>757291
>What exactly is upstairs?

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757303

File: 1398824289456.png (208.25 KB, 575x358, 81654.png)

>>757283

>The armored gryphon was hot on your heels trying to grab you and arrest you.


"Stop running! You can't escape equine!"

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757310

>>757303
>Try and find a room to barricade myself in

Go away!! Just leave me alone!!

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757312

File: 1398824497237.png (376.37 KB, 413x424, Wyrensong Inn.png)

>>757299
>>757303

>More floors of various rooms, including a pool room, dozens and dozens of rooms for living quarters and storage rooms with beer, ale, and foodstock.

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757315

>>757312
>Duck into one of the storage rooms

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 757318

>>757291
Web on the window
Dc= 18

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 757319

>>757315
>hides with

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 757320

>>757318
then follow the armored gryphon

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757325

File: 1398824840290.png (208.25 KB, 575x358, 81654.png)

>>757319
>>757315
>>757318
>>757319

>The window is sealed with web much to the gryphons who were trying to climb in its displeasure.


>Gavriel and Dusty chase after the gryphon who pursues Crescent. She locks herself in a room and he bangs on the door and turns to both of you as you run behind him. He brandishes his weapon.


"Equine scum! Gryphons are the master race!"

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757326

>>757293

>Various arrows fly through the windows


[Roll Reflex or Dexterity]

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757327

>>757325
>Search the storage room for anything useful. Perhaps the raven has something to say.

Griffith!2JFduv62yo 757328

>>757325
Well excuuuuuuse me, Princess.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757330

File: 1398825038057.png (208.25 KB, 575x358, 81654.png)

>>757327

>You find a large amount of weapons in this room. Every kind your father had ever shown you in fact.


>Your raven points to a rack of armor. A circlet of blue sits on it.

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757331

>>757330
>Take and examine the circlet

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757334

>>757331

>Its magical in nature. A emblem of the moon is upon it.

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 757336

>>757330
>>757325
Tashas hideous laughter on the armored gryphon
Will save DC=18

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757337

>>757336

Roll 1d20 + 0 = 16

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757338

File: 1398825270118.png (208.25 KB, 575x358, 81654.png)

>>757337
>>757336
>>757331

>The gryphon falls to the ground laughing uncontrollably. He is now prone and vulnerable to attack.


>Crescent hears laughter and a thump outside the door, along with the voices of your friends.

Emery 757339

>>757326
>Reflex
"No more sharp things!"
Roll 1d20 + 6 = 19

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757341

>>757334
>Detect magic

Roll 1d201 = 177

Crescent!KHBFGhZsVM 757342

>>757341
Roll 1d20 + 1 = 7

Dusty Scroll/Eden/Copper Melt 757347

>>757338
I'll bind the gryphon with some rope from my backpack then knock on the door.

Guard_Pony!MuMU9Sb3i2 757349

File: 1398825583261.png (306.22 KB, 800x640, 471799__safe_solo_cute_sketch_…)

>>757339

>Misha is struck side of her haunches with an arrow and she yelps as you both hit the wooden floor.


>A few gryphons fall near you as a hail of arrow fire flies through those windows.


>Golden Beak pulls out her magical harp and begins to play the most enchanting melody that sends power down your very spine.


>>757341
>>757342
>The circlet is of a moon priestess. It has lunar magicks that allow you to conjure night creatures from the Lunar Plane.

>>757347

>He's bound firmly.


[To Be Continued]

Tonight was mini session!

Emery 757352

>>757349
>Pulls Misha close, trying to protect her from the hail of arrows


Delete Post [ ]
Edit Post
[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]