[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / anon ] [ rp / art ]

/oat/ - Off Topic

The OT board for chatting, /oat/meal, socializing serials, and random topics.
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Flags
Password (For file deletion.)

Site maintenance in progress! Posts made now may be lost.

Ponychan-MLPchan Merger >>>/site/15219

File: 1415231547415.png (5.05 KB, 512x512, PQ title blank.png)

PONY'S QUEST Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2663405[Last 50 Posts]

Welcome to yet another fucking CYOA!

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong board, but /site/ gave conflicting answers; a quick look around makes me think this board is the one where my particular brand of game will work best. Maybe.

What do I mean by 'my particular brand?' Well, Pony's Quest is not writing-centric due to the fact that I am a very poor writer. Instead, I put together images with custom sprites to show how the story is progressing. How the story progresses, as you might have guessed, is up to you... except during cutscenes. Due to something sufficiently awesome happening, or simply due to one picture not being enough to smoothly represent what you've commanded, there will be times when I post multiple pictures in a row and your commands will do nothing. I will preface such events whenever I can and I will try to avoid railroading, but this might not always be possible.

The other reason I came here instead of, say, /anon/ is because PQ is typically pretty work-safe. I'm not saying nothing mature ever happens; I'm just being honest. Even if something NC-17 does happen, tiny sprites aren't very expressive to begin with.

So, how to play PQ? Well, there's not really any rules - just a few general guidelines:

1. To progress the story, just give a command in your post and, if others agree with you (or if nobody else is around), it'll be done in the next pic, at which point the cycle continues. Commands should be kept simple, which basically just means 'Please don't make an entire paragraph outlining your four-point battle strategy against a few timberwolves."

2. Speaking of battle, when you are fighting enemies, I'll be using a D6 to determine how well you do. This is mostly to balance OP characters like Twilight and Rainbow Dash, who can pretty much one-shot or instantly escape from even boss-level threats with ease. The higher the roll, the better your command will turn out.

3. As you may have guessed by the name and artstyle, PQ is inspired by old Sierra-type adventure games like the King's Quest series. This means that, while the story won't be linear, making the wrong command will likely get you hurt or killed, typically in a manner you might deem 'unfair.' For example, a somewhat famous cause of death in the first PQ from back on /mlp/ was teleporting onto a cloud as Twilight... and promptly falling through the cloud and snapping her neck. No health bar, no do-over, instant death. Depending on the quest, death may be negligible, reversible, or permanent; I'll let you know early on which is the case, depending upon the story.

>TO SUMMARIZE

This is a CYOA that uses (not terrible) MSPaint drawfaggotry instead of writefaggotry and that progresses via democratic suggestion instead of gets or whatever other traditional -chan methods there are.


In the next post, I'll summarize the different stories you can pick from. Yes, you literally choose your own adventure, before the game even begins.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2663472

File: 1415232665760.png (132.57 KB, 640x400, file select all.png)

>>2663405

The first quest follows Spike, who has been cast into Tartarus for a crime he swears he didn't commit. This soon turns out to be the least of his problems; can he fight his way out of the dismal underworld?

The second quest follows the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who make an unexpected discovery that leads them halfway across Equestria and to a mysterious island that hides many secrets... and many dangers...

The third quest follows Twilight Sparkle through a post-apocalyptic Equestria ravaged by mysterious beings from another world. With the Royal Sisters gone, it's up to Twilight to reunite with her friends and use the Elements of Harmony in a whole new way to liberate Equestria.

The fourth and final quest follows Pinkie Pie, who is meeting with her friends to celebrate a very rare and special occasion... until it's spoiled by her friends being abducted by strange robed ponies who have ALSO been anticipating the event...



I don't know how active this place is, but I'm around pretty often, so I guess we'll just get started as soon as a few people vote on the quest they want to embark on, however long that takes.

I look forward to working with you, mlpchan.

Anonthony!AppLeJAcK. 2663616

I approve of this

Anonymous 2663726

>>2663472
Pinkie Quest

Do it

Anonymous 2663732

>>2663472
I'm between Pinkie's and Spike's quest. Can I vote for both?

Anonymous 2663740

>>2663732
Agreed. They both sound rockin

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2663783

>>2663732
>>2663740
Well, I don't know how legal this is, but I guess I can't exactly stop you.

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 2663804

Cutie Mark Crusaders Explorers!

Anonymous 2663944

>>2663472
Spike quest por favor

Smokestack!L9hT7oDU1E 2664517

File: 1415247759268.jpg (56.32 KB, 550x550, image.jpg)

Rolling for:
>Rarity skull fucks spike
Roll 1d6 = 4
My shiny dress give my lvl 9 rarity +5 health with a 20% chance of transmitting an STD on every strike

Anonymous 2664532

pinkie quest plz

Anonymous 2664963

>>2664532
pinkie fo sho

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2665521

File: 1415268295042.png (5.69 KB, 640x400, amahm1.png)

Oh wow this place is much more alive than I expected. How nice! Well, the people have spoken.

>>2663726
>>2663732
>>2663740
>>2664532
>>2664963
Pinkie Quest it is! Here's some base information to get you all started.

>TIME

Mid-Late S4

>SYNOPSIS

You are Pinkie Pie - party pony extraordinaire - and you have just received a letter from Twilight. She said she has something very exciting to tell you and the rest of the mane six: something about an "exceedingly rare astronomical event," whatever that is... She'd like to talk to you all about it at the library ASAP.

>INVENTORY

1 letter from Twilight

>STATUS

Pink


This is where your quest begins.

Rambler 2665623

>>2665521
Get dressed in party attire.

Anonymous 2665921

>>2665623
Seconded

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2665994

Oh ? What a treat, a popular quester on our behalf, I am honored !

Dress in Rarity attire !

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2666037

Just a little tip Op, there is a watch function so when people replies in your thread even after you closed this taps, when opened up again will show which watched thread got replies, that goes for none Op thread of your you watched too.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2666877

File: 1415312762440.png (8.29 KB, 640x400, amahm2.png)

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2666917

derp, I guess we get our silly custom and go stealth mode toward Twilight Library.

Anonymous 2667058

Find one of your pony friends to go with to Twilight's meeting. Don't want to show up by yourself.

Rambler 2667233

>>2667058
I agree. Find a hot date to impress your friends.

Anonymous !ViaPony/vY 2667291

File: 1415320452565.jpg (5.23 KB, 160x154, sweetie398.jpg)

>>2667058
You guys need to play more parser games. OP wants commands like:
Walk right
Look around
Search area

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2667313

We must make our way to the party, by bouncing.

Did you make these sprites in advance or are you making them on the fly?

>>2667291
are you sure?

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2667325

>>2667291
Fine.

>Look inside your soul.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2667332

>>2667291
see >>2663405
>Commands should be kept simple, which basically just means 'Please don't make an entire paragraph outlining your four-point battle strategy against a few timberwolves."

You CAN make super-short Zork commands, but it's certainly not necessary. The game would take forever if everyone did that. Besides, it's more fun when you guys have stuff to discuss, puzzles to solve, etc..

>>2667313
These were already done from when I hosted these games on /mlp/, but depending on where you go and who you meet, I might need new ones. Don't worry, they don't take very long - usually just a few minutes for a new sprite and maybe a half an hour to an hour for a detailed background.

Anonymous !ViaPony/vY 2667439

File: 1415322312873.png (251.56 KB, 1024x1237, sweetie604.png)

>>2667313
>>2667325
>>2667332
Sorry. I don't read.

Rambler 2667760

Soooooooooo... is this continuing?

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2667823

File: 1415327955318.png (16.8 KB, 640x400, amahm3.png)

Sorry, I thought we had a tie; carefully re-reading the wording of a few posts shows me that this is not the case.

>>2667058
>>2667233

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2667867

>Look up diagonally toward the cloud to see if RD or another friendly Pegasus is nearby.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2667905

>>2667867
wait...
dash was already invited

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2667910

>>2667905
So ? We could chat and gossip another pony and since she IS fast, we could use her as some kind of telephone ?

Rambler 2668000

>>2667823
Get Gummy or Mr. Cake.

Rambler 2668001

>>2667910
Or this. Just some random background pony. Just be assertive.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2668391

File: 1415334841855.png (6.01 KB, 640x400, amahm4.png)

Rambler 2668457

Can I get a horseback ride to the super special party?

Anonymous 2669039

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2669339

>>2668391
Set something on fire to obtain her attention.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2669699

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2670972

File: 1415393066275.png (8.63 KB, 640x400, amahm5.png)

Anonymous 2671009

>>2670972
Promise you'll make er a special cake of cucpcake in exchange of her ride/service.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2671258

>>2670972
"You know! Twilight's astrology thing!"

Anonymous 2671540

Rambler 2671555

>>2671009
Gasp followed by something along these lines.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2674936

Seems we've hit a bit of a snag here. ROlling for progression.

If odd:
>>2671009
>>2671555

If even:
>>2671258
>>2671540

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2674970

File: 1415483836341.png (8.06 KB, 640x400, amahm6.png)

Anonymous 2675129

>>2674970
Invite her to the party

Rambler 2675355

File: 1415488609199.png (397.86 KB, 800x450, paunch smile.png)

>>2674970
Lie and tell her there will be cider there, and improvise when you get there. It's the only way you can bring Dash with you and show up awkwardly early for the party.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2675421

>>2675355
boo lying

Rambler 2675432

>>2675421
Boo you sir, boo you. I do what I must.

2675600

BUZZED BY HARD CIDER! Drug by Pill & AppleJuice + Snuggled by Farm Mare

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2675749

Explain what's going on and do this >>2675129

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2676329

File: 1415501559236.png (8.93 KB, 640x400, amahm7.png)

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2676332

File: 1415501597081.png (5.5 KB, 640x400, amahm8.png)

>>2676329
I can't post multiple images at once. Lame.

Rambler 2676875

Go party.

Rambler 2676878

File: 1415507256609.jpg (104.51 KB, 1285x964, inappropriate celebrating.jpg)

HARD.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2676943

>>2676332
beat dash to the party.

Don't forget to pick up your hat though.

Freedom !ViaPony/vY 2677269

File: 1415513975021.png (69.57 KB, 270x270, Generic Smile.png)

>>2676943
This. Just be there when Dash gets there. And do you're little bounce walk.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2677330

File: 1415515361194.png (13.2 KB, 640x400, amahm9.png)

Freedom !ViaPony/vY 2677557

File: 1415518077865.png (645.63 KB, 1227x752, sweetie355.png)

>>2677330
Pinkie should have won...

Rambler 2678342

>>2677330
Go into the house.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2680589

>>2677330
is dash a spider?

Anonymous 2681275

>>2677330
She pulls that shit again, that beehive goes on her head

>Go inside

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2682033

File: 1415590612548.png (18.35 KB, 640x400, amahm10.png)

Rambler 2682083

Tinker with the thing on the pedestal.

Anonymous 2682763

>>2682083
Fuck that

>>2682033
Nachos!

Freedom !ViaPony/vY 2683071

File: 1415612660545.png (625.4 KB, 1042x843, Thinking.PNG)

It doesn't look like the Library is ready for a party. We should decorate.

Anonymous 2689467

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2689611

>>2682033
Jump abnormally high will exclaiming NACHOES ?!

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2689889

>>2689611
I meant *while

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2692389

File: 1415837719299.png (9.95 KB, 640x400, amahm11.png)

>>2682763
>>2683071
>>2689467
>>2689611

If the dialogue layout isn't clear, just read from top-to-bottom. Left-to-right isn't nearly as important.

Rambler!ataraxia.ld.pod? 2693113

>>2692389
Look under E to find the stallions book.

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2693291

>>2692389
Share some Nachoes with RD and start decorating carefully to not make the books flip over on the ground.

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2693766

File: 1415856538151.png (259.03 KB, 927x861, ss16.png)

>>2692389
He wants a book. Give him one. Any book.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2694518

File: 1415878163072.jpg (84.37 KB, 550x550, how-to-be-black[1].jpg)

>>2693766
this book

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2695073

File: 1415900746761.jpg (16.88 KB, 149x240, Armbears-cover.jpg)

>>2694518
Or this one!

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2695828

File: 1415916119652.png (10.78 KB, 640x400, amahm12.png)

Anonymous 2696062

>>2695828
Become best friends with this complete stranger

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2696095

>>2696062
Hii'mpinkiepiewhat'syourname?

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2696276

File: 1415929283377.png (500.25 KB, 847x943, ss27.png)

What's on his arm/leg? Is it a bracelet?

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2699414

File: 1416009976536.png (9.73 KB, 640x400, amahm13.png)

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2699417

File: 1416010025748.png (6.62 KB, 640x400, amahm14.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2699445

>>2699417
Did we at least get his number?

Anonymous 2699446

>>2699445
shoulda put a ring on it

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2699447

File: 1416010962991.png (58.76 KB, 201x242, sweetie156.png)

And thus we have brought the book and the stallion who needed it together. What's next?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2699460

>>2699447
Level up!

I think we should take a level in bard. If we focus on abilities that buff allies then it should pay off well given the size of our party.

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2699461

File: 1416011442017.jpg (12.45 KB, 179x281, ss8.jpg)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2700093

>>2699461
one with pan-flutes

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2704016

File: 1416114834117.png (7.05 KB, 640x400, amahm15.png)

Rambler!ataraxia.ld.pod? 2704993

>>2704016
Let the story resume

Anonymous 2707276

>>2704016
Just need Fluttershy and the gang's all here

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2709870

File: 1416221583616.png (39.54 KB, 149x191, sweetie541.png)

Wait, I know we need to channel our inner Pinkie Pie. Let's ask Twilight if she needs help dragging her bed down here.

Then when everyone is staring at us, we can say well if she's keeping books in her bedroom now, she probably wants to move her bed to the bookroom. Which is a great idea, because the ceiling here is a lot higher.

Awesome eel !EELxu4rwJY 2713236

Don't have a spontaneously combustion, Pinkie !

Can she explode of joy ? Twice !

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2716321

File: 1416373926147.png (11.65 KB, 640x400, amahm16.png)

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2717153

>>2716321
Investigate the gossip of Rarity, ask for more detail.

Anonymous 2717489

>>2716321
And AJ just quietly slips in unnoticed

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2727809

File: 1416644494386.png (10.38 KB, 640x400, amahm17.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2728981

>>2727809
To do list

-say hi to applejack
-talk to fluttershy
-find guy with book

2728985

a unfamiliar, new tan colored colt comes into the library and it is his first time & wants too... buy a library card

Rambler!Ataraxia.ld.pod? 2729276

File: 1416696053518.png (1.25 MB, 656x1024, large (58).png)

>>2728985
>they tie down the oc and send into an alternate dimension.

Anonymous 2729977

>>2727809
Investigate 'new creature', did she leave any visual description ? Pinkie can't wait to party with these new fellas.

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2730101

File: 1416710152157.png (150.66 KB, 1191x670, sweetie610.png)

>>2728981
-listen to Twilie about whatever boring thing she has for us
-have a party

>>2728981
>>2729977
We're already here. Might as well get Princess Pone out of the way with, before we run off.

2730109

tan colt:"I HATE, MIRRORS"

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2731983

>>2730101
I think we need the book for that.

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2732011

File: 1416755733533.png (96.61 KB, 228x400, sweetie142.png)

>>2731983
Naw, she invited us here to listen to her talk about things. The book was unrelated, for now. If you wanted to chase the colt, I think we missed that window.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2732036

File: 1416757288226.jpg (120.93 KB, 949x842, wild_by_audrarius-d865w65.png.…)

>>2732011
See? that's why we need Fluttershy, As a druid she probobly has levels in tracking

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 2732539

File: 1416767366730.jpg (185.74 KB, 1280x828, cmc milkshakes.jpg)

>>2732036
>not relying on Cutie Mark Crusader Creature Catchers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiyyeslhUMM

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2732573

File: 1416767846692.png (243.43 KB, 900x810, druidshy_by_lightningtumble-d5…)

>>2732539
>you could go with us and we could catch those creatures
They cant track either.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2738847

So what's the verdict? It's great that you guys are discussing stuff unlike /mlp/, but you seem to be at a bit of a standstill. And I'm not really sure where to divide between actual votes and just ideas you're bouncing around.

Should I wait for a tiebreaker?

Rambler!Ataraxia.ld.pod? 2738859

>>2738847
Just wait for Flittershy or just do it without her in like 5 minutes.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2738929

>>2738859
We can at least say hi to AJ, then maybe someone else will come up with an idea.

Rambler!Ataraxia.ld.pod? 2738972

>>2738929
Who is this wonderful and witty poster that you speak of? At this point I'm just hoping for some progression to a situation where I can actually do something.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2739136

>>2738972
I mean one of the npcs might do some exposition

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2739422

File: 1416893847519.png (10.47 KB, 640x400, amahm18.png)

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2739423

File: 1416893924740.png (14 KB, 640x400, amahm19.png)

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2739425

File: 1416893978802.png (12.07 KB, 640x400, amahm20.png)

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2739801

File: 1416899912449.jpg (203.88 KB, 600x480, sweetie329.jpg)

Does this mean that we have to deal with an evil moon baddie like last time? A new Nightmare Moon? Nightmare New Moon?

Alexandrite!!H6elX4kPjy 2739827

>>2739423
This reminds me of old edutainment computer games.

Rambler!Ataraxia.ld.pod? 2740335

File: 1416914602726.png (447.9 KB, 1271x707, aj doesnt give a fuck.png)

>>2739425
I just got an astronomy boner.

I guess freak put in a happy explosion setting up the place for a space party.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2740341

>>2739425
>earth

Rambler!Ataraxia.ld.pod? 2740346

File: 1416915148975.png (574.89 KB, 1280x720, gasp.png)

>>2740341
they're here among us. You may snuggle Fluttershy yet.

Anonymous 2741591

>>2739425
How close to sundown?

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2748887

File: 1417109475908.png (614.82 KB, 1280x720, Pinkie_Pie_challenges_Cheese_-…)

>>2740341
NOT IN THE MOOD FOR YOUR SHIT SHUTTERFLY.

IF YOU HAVE A BETTER NAME FOR PLANET PONE THAT ISN'T SOME AUTIST'S HEADCANON THEN BY ALL MEANS SHARE IT WITH THE CLASS.

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 2748941

File: 1417110997651.png (226.38 KB, 900x812, Twilight mad science.png)

>>2748887
Alpha Centhorsey

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2749083

File: 1417112968446.gif (1.09 MB, 640x360, AH hide.gif)

>>2748887
>you have pissed off the GM

2749166

File: 1417113827228.png (177.37 KB, 900x1129, twilight_sparkle___vector_by_v…)

>>2740341
>>2748887
Seeing as how they're called 'Earth Ponies', I think using the word Earth is fine.

Besides, nothing says it has to be OUR earth. Maybe it's an alternate dimension earth. It's a cartoon.

Snowbell!MbICrazyYs 2749822

File: 1417121775735.jpg (54.35 KB, 499x563, 1507997_338030349671738_530900…)

>>2749166

Since they also have the same constellations as us I think alternate dimension or distant future are fair assumptions.

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2749864

File: 1417122528836.png (384.77 KB, 828x965, sweetie601.png)

>>2749166
The Earth Pony name for the Equestria was Earth.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2751765

File: 1417155082751.png (231.22 KB, 642x343, 1.PNG)

Sorry about that. I've been told I'm prone to mood swings. Happy late Thanksgiving, by the way.

So, what are your instructions?

Awesome !EELxu4rwJY 2752075

>>2751765
Don't randomly switch dimension on sugar overdose.

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2755697

File: 1417243303027.png (93.1 KB, 288x307, sweetie78.png)

>>2751765
We need to prepare to defend Ponyville again Nightmare New Moon!

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2755738

Well it looks pretty light out still. We must have some time to kill.

Anonymous 2757153

>>2755738
Time check OP?

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2757549

File: 1417295414626.png (11.53 KB, 640x400, amahm21.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2757558

>>2757549
We can... bake astrology themed cookies?

idk

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2757835

File: 1417299261967.png (250.02 KB, 800x600, sweetie520.png)

Nightmare New Moon will destroy us all!

Rambler!Ataraxia.ld.pod? 2758071

>>2757549
That's just enough time to bounce in one place for two hours straight. Weeeeee!

Anonymous 2763848

What if we go see what kind of weird animal Fluttershy found?

Anonymous 2765893

>>2763848
That's something to occupy us and move the story along for 2 hours

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2767567

File: 1417485147482.png (12.25 KB, 640x400, amahm22.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2767714

File: 1417489026382.jpg (141.29 KB, 1920x1080, shock3.jpg)

>>2767567
Someone stole Fluttershy's clutter!

is that angel? ask him where fluttershy is..

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2768045

File: 1417499430119.png (224.49 KB, 712x610, sweetie265.jpg)

Nightmare New Moon got her.

teh_Foxx0rz (Element of Textwall)!FoxxyWhyUQ 2768422

>>2767714
Declutteredshy.

Anonymous 2773308

>>2767714
Flutterclutter

Zombie eel 2774202

>>2767567
Inquire Fluttershy position gossip from angel body language.

Anonymous 2775974

>>2773308
Isn't it obvious? Cluttershy!

Anonymous 2778496

>>2767567
free all mumble ponys' critters

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2779590

File: 1417816516382.png (5.95 KB, 640x400, amahm23.png)

Back from vacation.

>>2767714
>>2774202

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2779593

File: 1417816667314.gif (2.97 MB, 450x253, mlfw8437-Pinkie_Pie_jumping_ha…)

>>2779590
to the rescue!

Anonymous 2779680

>>2779590
that cry for help was obviously coming from the fireplace
it must be investigated

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2781631

File: 1417852826032.jpg (5.19 KB, 204x247, sweetie455.jpg)

I told you all. >>2768045
But did anyone listen? No...

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2798950

File: 1418179335973.png (5.67 KB, 640x400, amahm24.png)

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2799797

File: 1418190620071.jpg (28.51 KB, 583x466, sweetie427.jpg)

Deeper

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2799805

File: 1418190815935.gif (99.2 KB, 1201x857, 189744__UNOPT__safe_fluttershy…)

>>2799797
if anything happens to fluttershy I'm holding you responsible.

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2799897

File: 1418193465419.png (52.08 KB, 195x262, sweetie34.png)

>>2799805
I am not responsible for this. I've been busy stirring up a panic over my imagined villain.

Anonymous 2800212

>>2798950
climb up
fluttershy is either
1. trapped inside
or
2. on the roof

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2804203

File: 1418280495628.png (5.67 KB, 640x400, amahm25.png)

Anonymous 2804654

>>2804203
look out Pinkie someone's coming
better camouflage yourself in soot

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2806271

File: 1418333868797.jpg (31.92 KB, 434x393, sweetie508.jpg)

It would appear we are now stuck. Perhaps we should call for help and see who comes.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2813552

File: 1418504786470.png (14.08 KB, 640x400, ponkchimney1.png)

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2813555

File: 1418504829187.png (4.93 KB, 640x400, ponkchimney2.png)

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2813557

File: 1418504856277.png (4.04 KB, 640x400, ponkchimney3.png)

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2813560

File: 1418504901176.png (5.95 KB, 640x400, ponkchimney4final.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2813659

File: 1418508421831.png (56.68 KB, 320x320, pokerface.png)

good job Sweetie

Anonymous 2813737

what just happened here?
how could pinkie possibly have suffocated?
chimneys are not known for being airtight
and usually have a hole in the top to let smoke, ash, and gasses formed during the combustion process out

Lisbon 2813821

>>2813737

How dirty was it? Could she get clean air? Was she stuck in a way that prevented breathing?

Anonymous 2813873

>>2813821
the firebox, hearth, and lintel appear to be clean in >>2779590
and even with the damper closed the ash dump would still be clear (seeing how the firebox appears to have no tinder or logs in it)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2813937

>>2813737
It could be an ornamental fireplace or knowing Fluttershy it could be that there's a nest on top of the chimney

Anonymous 2814010

>>2813937
if it was ornamental there would be no way to get stuck without obstructing (what would be) the firebox

having a bird nest blocking the top is unlikely (birds tend to build their nest in the smoke box)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2814030

File: 1418516253226.jpg (1.61 MB, 4000x3000, img_1248[1].jpg)

>>2814010
It could be a big bird

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2814580

File: 1418523426643.png (238.73 KB, 800x700, 1314607971627722.png)

>>2813737
>how could pinkie possibly have suffocated?
>in a tight, dirty, potentially toxic space with minimal air flow, half of which she was directly blocking

You (needlessly) put her in a dangerous situation and she died. Welcome to Pony's Quest.

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2814658

>>2814580
quiet you
we're having a meta discussion to pass the time till OP give us more pictures

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2814676

File: 1418524635082.jpg (5.23 KB, 160x154, sweetie398.jpg)

*clicks quit*

Anonymous 2814802

apology for poor english
when were you when ponka pae dies?
i was sat at home pressing F5 key when Inept call

‘ponk is kill’
‘no’

Inept GM!5M5mKL2u3w 2814870

File: 1418526349758.jpg (18.49 KB, 265x205, 1361094080922.jpg)

>>2814658

What... How?

Anonymous 2814903

File: 1418526757544.gif (4.69 KB, 500x169, tmp_16158-tumblr_mmtqvbkvj81s5…)

hash collision?

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2814907

File: 1418526803688.jpg (22.4 KB, 479x466, sweetie185.jpg)

>>2814580
>>2814658
>>2814870
Are you having a conversation with yourself, sir?

Fluttersteam 2814990

Anonymous 2815012

>>2814990
and edgy

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2815100

File: 1418529320813.jpg (19.73 KB, 290x243, edgedark.jpg)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2815227

so do we start from the last checkpoint or what?

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2816447

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2816907

File: 1418574678670.png (198.96 KB, 637x345, sweetie203.png)

>>2815227
No one ever saved the game. We never expected the cottage to be a death trap.

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 2817100

File: 1418578061252.png (397.95 KB, 919x988, Fluttershy.png)

>>2816907
Um...
Stay out of my shed.

It isn't Pinkie-proofed.

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 2817103

File: 1418578189433.png (18.45 KB, 1269x526, Butterscotch is a qt.png)

>We never expected the cottage to be a death trap.
I Wanna Be The Flutterguy.

Anonymous 2819069

>>2813560
>>2814870
>>2815227
Can we restart from where we entered the cottage? Setting changes are usually checkpoints

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2819155

File: 1418601858577.png (7.4 KB, 917x217, comparison.png)

New tripcode since someone knows remembers mine.

>>2815227
>>2816907
>checkpoints

Refer back to this: >>2813560

>Restore

You get to try again from the last safe spot.

>Restart

>You try again from the start of the game.

>Quit

You give up and possibly try a new game.


As I said in the OP, PQ is inspired by old Sierra-type adventure games like the King's Quest series. If you do something stupid, you will probably die. If you don't do something stupid, you still might die. So, it's best to stay on your toes and keep a close on your surroundings for useful items... or deadly traps.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2819166

>>2819155
Restore then.

>keep a close on your surroundings for useful items

shit we should have been hoarding

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2819486

So if we are restarting from when we enter the cottage I say we acquire angel.

Lisbon!waifuvY/O. 2820050

>>2819166

Have you never played IF? Grab everything you can, then grab more of it if possible.

Anonymous 2820104

>>2819155
your trip is an anagram for
dj spanky f8

Sweetie !ViaPony/vY 2820509

File: 1418619400213.jpg (46.55 KB, 600x480, sweetie210.jpg)

>>2819486
I agree with this, but I already clicked quit, so I don't know if my vote counts.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2821146

>>2820509

Changing votes is legal and, in some circumstances, quite advisable.

Anonymous 2828616

File: 1418790359435.png (129.03 KB, 500x301, tumblr_min1yu2Jo91r3k1m8o1_500…)

Anonymous 2829150

>>2821146
Restore

Anonymous 2831023

>>2813560
quit/giveup
This game is far too dangerous

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2832863

File: 1418881527364.png (132.57 KB, 640x400, file select all 2 the selecten…)

Anonymous 2832973

File: 1418884270854.png (347.52 KB, 610x682, sweetie558.png)

>>2832863
Hey... You said I could change...

Anonymous 2833049

File: 1418886293578.png (62.04 KB, 180x330, sweetie172.png)

This seems like an exercise trolls could destroy very easily.

!.bakaDsoWQ 2833231

so now what?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2833265

>>2832973
Yes, I said that... several days ago. You didn't take me up on it and the successive votes to quit overtook the ballot. And if >>2829150 was you, I'm sorry, but the lack of tripcode/avatar led me to believe that it was someone else (i.e. a new vote, which left your old one where it was).

>>2833231
Now you guys choose an adventure... again.

...What? You didn't think it was over already, did you?

Anonymous 2833684

File: 1418910654365.png (582.81 KB, 1323x802, sweetie358.png)

>>2833265
I wanted to pick up Angel... >>2820509

And my trip has fallen off, but I still have plenty of Sweeties.

Awesome !EELwQplU1w 2833770

>>2832863
The Tartarus one looks promising, let's pick that one.

Anonymous 2837890

File: 1418972960644.png (55.63 KB, 182x250, sweetie129.png)

>>2833770
You wanna be Spike? Eww.

I wish there was a Dashie one. I found myself always trying to make jokes as Pinkie, but Dashie would get shit done.

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2838226

File: 1418988837057.png (303.25 KB, 900x720, hmph.png)

>>2832863
Restore the one were doing. Have these other people never died in a Vida before? Pathetic, I say.

Anonymous 2840671

>>2833049
That's a pretty funny observation coming from you.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2840841

The cmc one looks fun

Anonymous 2843531

File: 1419093475584.jpg (22.92 KB, 320x311, sweetie460.jpg)

>>2840671
A hateful comment from an anon. That's new.

Anonymous 2844844

I find the lack of an option featuring a pegasus as the main character greatly disturbing
>>2843531
just try to ignore the bully

Anonymous 2850359

File: 1419219617898.gif (95.4 KB, 520x445, 8HPBS.gif)

>>2844844
You do see the one starring the CMC, right? I.e., pic related?

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2853102

So we have 1 vote each for Spike's Inferno, The Secret of Zonkey Island, and Ponkquest (actual name pending). But it looks like a couple of you would like to play as another character.

Tell you what: If you guys can agree on not just a protagonist, but also a short summary of the quest for him/her to go on, then we'll give it a shot.

Anonymous 2853760

File: 1419296320328.png (254.26 KB, 1024x843, sweetie403.png)

>>2853102
I just wanna play again. Not playing is boring.

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2855294

>>2853760
Maybe you shouldn't have chosen to quit then. :^)

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2855500

File: 1419334878559.png (781.14 KB, 1280x776, large (8).png)

>>2853102
Rainbow Dash flies east.

Anonymous 2855834

File: 1419348832018.png (141.33 KB, 624x492, sweetie504.png)

>>2855294
I was sad we died. Ponies shouldn't die.

Anonymous 2876553

>>2855834
>Ponies shouldn't die.
I agree that ponies should not die but happens when you make a bad choice?
Should someone rescue you and give you a hint to progress, or maybe you wake up from a bad dream and start over again.

Anonymous 2876755

File: 1419841817565.png (52.08 KB, 195x262, sweetie138.png)

>>2876553
We could have gotten stuck in the chimney and missed Twilight's event. That would have been a good game over screen.

I remember a game from Sierra called Willy Beamish where you played a grade schooler and there were plenty of game overs, but he didn't die. He'd get sent to military school or lose his game tournament because he didn't put peroxide on his thumb two days earlier, or be disqualified for feeding his frog caffeine, but he didn't die. Death isn't the only answer.

Emery 2877992

>>2853102
Let's just do spike so we can get things rolling again

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2880951

File: 1419934200194.gif (4.79 KB, 558x220, dysentery[1].gif)

>>2853102
Applejack on the Oregon trail.

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2881301

File: 1419941297849.png (3.58 KB, 640x400, tartarus1.png)

I hope everyone had a good holiday!

Your complaints about ponies dying have been seen, laughed at, and duly ignored.

Now then, we didn't get much of a response >>2853102 here, so in the interest of not waiting another week, let's go with the one other consensus we have:

>>2833770
>>2877992

>TIME

???

>SYNOPSIS

???

>INVENTORY

Empty

>STATUS

Sore and tired


This is where your quest begins...

let's play hardcore. Not an eel 2881311

>>2881301
-Wake up.
-Asses surrounding by looking north, south, east and west.

Not an eel 2881318

>>2881311
If we spot an immediate threat, hide behind this spike pillar, before the bridge and then avoid unknown entity by passing by.

If no immediate threat, start massaging your leg and feet for a good solid 10 minutes and then stretch your muscle for a good 7 minutes time spent to avoid injury if efforts are required in a short amount of time before attempting this journey, I think we might have a good road ahead of us.

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2881347

>>2881318
Sounds food. Also see if the wall is climable.

Not an eel 2881350

>>2881347
it's sounds very food indeed, I bet spike can eat that rock pillar too if he's starving worst case scenario, he's a dragon after all.

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2881390

File: 1419944778418.png (48.9 KB, 160x200, dead pan.png)

>>2881350
You're an ass.

Not an eel 2881400

>>2881390
There is no need for these name calling, but it's still true that spike is very hard to starve, he can eat pretty much any minerals he sees, even if it's disgusting, it will nourish him.

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2881573

>>2881400
I wasn't disagreeing, I was just making an observation.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2882954

Pick up everything

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2883762

File: 1419988643519.png (5.11 KB, 640x400, tartarus2.png)

Not an eel 2883791

>>2883762
Do some nice stretching exercise before embarking on this journey ! This might remove the 'sore' status and prevent future injury from bad muscle stretch in case of sudden danger which we might need to flee/fight from.

Anonymous 2885242

File: 1420007549837.png (234.1 KB, 319x596, Sweetieontwilightshead.png)

Maybe it's a dream. Maybe we could call to Princess Luna for help. But that might attract predators, and we have no aliens to fight them with. What we need is some paper to send a message to Twilight. The bridge seems to obvious; let's ignore it. Maybe there's something in the ground... Want to dig? Spike is a good digger.

>>2881301
>>INVENTORY
>Empty

Could you check again? Pretty sure I'm still carrying some resentment.

Emery 2888039

>>2883762
Go east

Anonymous 2890140

>>2883791
good idea
do some calisthenics as well
stretching and calisthenics go well together and and a great way to start your day

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2894566

File: 1420190690443.png (4.64 KB, 640x400, tartarus3.png)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2894568

File: 1420190745942.gif (29.2 KB, 639x399, tartarus4.gif)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2904081

A-are we alive...?

💀 Thony Bones 💀 !AppLeJAcK. 2904139

Anonymous 2905242

File: 1420360535368.png (263.76 KB, 945x934, sweetie592.png)

>>2904081
Resurrection!

>>2894568
Run away! Look for somewhere to hide!

Not an eel 2906134

>>2894568
Stay put, climbing down or crossing the bridge from which integrity is unknown would be suicide during a earthquake. After it's gone, look at the bridge for any fissure. If it's integrity is questionable, climb down, do not cross the bridge.

Spot check ! Roll 1d20 = 17

Anonymous 2906411

File: 1420399075503.png (204.5 KB, 599x298, sweetiedoesntlikeit.png)

>>2906134
What if it's evil coming to get us? Like a T-Rex? Or Nightmare New Moon?

Not an eel 2906467

>>2906411
We could use the spiky pillar to break the line of sight.

Anonymous 2906579

spike can use his dragon claws to burrow into the ground
that will keep him safe from the earthquake and keep him hidden from any unseen danger

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2906608

>>2906579
No! Using dig makes earthquake do extra damage!

Anonymous 2906984

>>2906608
what should we do to keep spikey wikey from becoming kill seeing how the OP has blood lust >>2881301
>Your complaints about ponies dying have been seen, laughed at, and duly ignored.


earthquakes plus big spire rock thingies equals imminent death

without some action spike will surely die

Anonymous 2907361

File: 1420414966701.png (429.48 KB, 841x735, sweetie287.png)

>>2905242
>>2906467
>>2906579
It seems like we're in agreement on hiding. I guess where ever he can hide best, be that a dug hole or behind a pillar.

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2907896

File: 1420423735546.png (6 KB, 640x400, tartarus5.png)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2907958

File: 1420424417753.png (8.68 KB, 640x400, tartarus6.png)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2907992

File: 1420424889929.png (4.32 KB, 640x400, tartarus7.png)

>>2907958

This pic is kind of useless; it's just here to show you're not dead (yet). Thick scales and all that.

Not an eel 2908477

>>2907992
Let's just cross the bridge, we can't climb down since we can't dig in this rock from which we could have used this character claw as hook points.

Anonymous 2909251

>>2907958
Warning: Cannot unsee
That electricity caused Spike to pop a massive erection.

>>2908477
I'm not sure we can leave the pillars. It's that what shocked us? I'm kind of stumped already.

Anonymous 2909657

>>2909251
>That electricity caused Spike to pop a massive erection
I never knew spike was a masochist
>>2907992
use fire breath to propel spike over the spire-shockie-thingies
or just sit there and be useless like in the show

Anonymous 2909701

File: 1420453990566.png (158.17 KB, 320x320, sweetie501.png)

Search the pillars for a weakness.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2909751

File: 1420455137968.png (145.94 KB, 900x660, spike_the_pin_cushion_by_catni…)

>>2909657
>I never knew spike was a masochist
I did

Not an eel 2910456

>>2909251
Heh, worst case scenario, let's just melt that thing with his fire breath if plausible, 476 C of a flame breath might do some damage.

Not an eel 2910466

>>2910456
Other bonus, it might even teleport it to Celestia, it might give her a clue about our character location.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2911321

>>2910466
This is now our battle plan.

Anonymous 2911507

>>2910456
>>2910466
I have no other ideas
unless there's a way to self-teleport using the fire breath
and I doubt it works that way
but it's magic, ain't gotta splain shit, etc

hell just try both
and try
>>2909657
>use fire breath to propel spike over the spire-shockie-thingies
while we're at it
something is bound to work

and the fire breath/magic is the key

Anonymous 2911936

File: 1420504955123.png (240.42 KB, 499x518, sweetie366.png)

I have a feeling we're going to die again...

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2912069

>>2911936
I blame you.

Anonymous 2912091

File: 1420507815145.png (118.9 KB, 318x420, sweetie207.png)

>>2912069
That's because you're scum

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2912097

Anonymous 2912109

File: 1420508130266.png (198.12 KB, 800x1157, sweetie432a.png)

>>2912097
What did a Sweetie ever do to you?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2912113

>>2912109
Sweetie stole my heart

Anonymous 2912125

File: 1420508388352.png (1.32 MB, 850x850, sweetie618.png)

>>2912113
I don't see how that's possible

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2912126

>>2912125
call 911

Anonymous 2912137

File: 1420508644221.jpg (5.23 KB, 160x154, sweetie398.jpg)

This game takes too long. We should reinstall to a solid state drive.

Anonymous 2912225

>>2912137
calm down
are you really in that much of a hurry to die

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2914063

File: 1420540809422.png (9.23 KB, 640x400, tartarus8.png)

Anonymous 2914189

>>2914063
spike has stink lines
he should take a bath

Not an eel 2914740

>>2914063
Is it climbable ? Continue the fire breath until the electric is discharged or something then climb up the pillar when it's electric property buzz off.

At first glance, I thought we could side side that pillar but I guess the perspective given led me to a false assumption.

2914887

File: 1420569465448.png (122.67 KB, 365x277, sweetie19.png)

Maybe if we aim up we can stop the source of the force field. See how it stops in the ground but continues up off-screen? It's source must be above us.

At least we're safe in here. Why are we trying to escape? Only death awaits us out there.

2914900

File: 1420570078445.png (79.17 KB, 348x269, sweetiepeek.png)

You know, can I just mention something... It's unrelated to the game. So Tartarus is a place where evil creatures are imprisoned to be guarded by Cerberus, right?

Things imprisoned there:
Tirek

Things not imprisoned there:
Nightmare Moon
Discord
Ahuizotl
Chrysalis
Sombra
The Dazzlings

Why does Celestia not use her supermax prisons?

Anonymous 2917569

>>2914900
maybe it's not cost efficient to house prisoners (that don't warrant a certain level of threat) in Tartarus.
>Things imprisoned there:
>Tirek

you forgot spike

Lisbon 2918215

>>2917569

Spike: More dangerous than 95% of the premiere/finale villains.

Anonymous 2922032

File: 1420712261294.png (22.92 KB, 657x380, fire__fire_everywhere__by_prin…)

>>2914740
>>2914887
sounds like a good idea to me

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2924994

File: 1420765662332.png (9.27 KB, 640x400, tartarus9.png)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2925012

File: 1420765804622.gif (29.08 KB, 638x398, tartarus10.gif)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2925023

File: 1420765872858.gif (32.22 KB, 634x394, tartarus11.gif)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2925089

File: 1420766782730.png (12.78 KB, 640x400, tartarus12.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2925102

>>2925089
Pick up that rock!

2925949

File: 1420779459183.png (261.05 KB, 2879x2797, sweetie517.png)

>>2925102
Agreed. Then test the field with more fire. Just a little. I don't want to burn out.

Anonymous 2926074

File: 1420782984978.png (3.57 MB, 2048x1536, tmp_21220-1011894439.png)

Anonymous 2927089

>>2925949
perhaps spike can do some more stretches
that way he won't strain/injure himself
and do some deep breathing and meditation
summon up his inner strength and power

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2935682

File: 1420969613554.png (14.74 KB, 640x400, tartarus13.png)

Anonymous 2935721

>>2935682
looks like the ground is breaking apart

can spike escape the electric field?

2936696

File: 1421008587850.png (198.79 KB, 629x386, sweetie35.png)

Move right quickly.

Anonymous 2936945

>>2936696
scene right or spike right?
also what about the electricity?

Awesome eel 2937549

>>2935682
Throw rock at weakened right pillar and get it back if possible. If the bridge is not too damaged, attempt to cross it.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2937573

>>2936945
>>2937549
I'm still not sure whether the pillar blocks our movement or not.

I'd really like to save that rock. I think it will be useful

2937669

File: 1421023305099.jpg (32.85 KB, 600x514, sweetie70.jpg)

F5

(before Brock Lezner and the internet refresh, F5 meant save)

>>2936945
Uhm, scene right. With the bridge. I don't want to run into mid-air on the left. I fully understand the logic of all of these suggested moves, but it looks like the ground is giving way and we're going to die. Let's just pray the force field is down and move quickly.

Anonymous 2938950

>>2937669
>scene right
that's what I thought you were taking about but just wanted to be sure since were in control of spike the background is to his right
and after the pinkie/chimney incident I think being specific is probably a better route
this OP seems to have a dickish streak
and I'd rather not leave anything open to alternate interpretation

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2939425

File: 1421060681907.png (5.02 KB, 640x400, tartarus14.png)

>>2938950
>this OP seems to have a dickish streak
Imma remember that.

>>2936696
>>2937549

Anonymous 2939552

>>2939425
now see this spike
what's going on here
you we're able to get away
and do you know why that is?
it's due in part to those stretches you did earlier
though you did whine like a little bitch
had you not done those stretches your leg very likely would have cramped up making it very difficult if not impossible for you to be running now
and had that happened you certainly wouldn't be alive now
just keep that in mind as you continue to run

2941047

File: 1421097735868.png (151.86 KB, 297x398, sweetie557.png)

Don't ware yourself out. Stop and rest. Maybe stretch.

The above is sarcasm. Clearly, do not do that. Continue to move in an effort to preserve life.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2941103

>>2939425
Double jump while dashing right!

Awesome eel 2941421

>>2939425
Just run ! Hopefully, this skretch would have paid off and we won't have a muscle randomly getting stiff due to the electrical discharge we had earlier !

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2943898

File: 1421173010846.png (3.74 KB, 640x400, tartarus15.png)

2944149

File: 1421178371084.png (809.35 KB, 938x740, sweetie567.png)

Catch your little dragon breath and look around / move right. Where are we now?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2944658

>>2943898
Check for traps, then pick up those pants.

Anonymous 2944781

>>2943898
how can you be that winded after such a short run?
when you get back to ponyville you should setup an appointment with a doctor
you may have a breathing disorder
those can be fatal if not taken care of
but for now take some deep breaths
try to find some water
and send a letter to princess celestia asking for help

Awesome eel 2944809

>>2943898
Steer away immediately, who knows what might happen from this ledge, catch breath later after a good solid 20 second of distancing. Look for light source and mentally insert landmark in the current view mark vicinity.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2944837

>>2944781
Spike has itty bitty legs

Anonymous 2944911

>>2944837
true, but he also has a smaller body over all
so unless he's carrying around a large amount of weight or is badly out of shape he shouldn't be tired to the point of collapsing on the ground
and regular health checkups are good advice no matter who you are

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2946636

File: 1421242030543.png (5.04 KB, 640x400, tartarus16.png)

Awesome eel 2947023

>>2946636
Attempt diplomacy, plea for your belonging to the over world in a sympathetic way if possible.while maintaining distance in case of hostile intention.

Anonymous 2947328

>>2946636
>spiky pillars
are these pillars related to spike?
let's speak with them and find out just what the relation is
perhaps they will offer their assistance as spike may has a kinship with them

2947943

File: 1421267300530.png (71.5 KB, 208x249, sweetie16.png)

>>2946636
Talk to it. Tell it you were fleeing an Earthquake.

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2948095

>>2946636
Hide, it's a guard.

Anonymous 2951012

>>2948095
the surrounding area looks rather barren, there's no apparent place to hide

do a combination of >>2947943 and >>2947023

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2951213

File: 1421358098062.png (6.1 KB, 640x400, tartarus17.png)

Awesome eel 2951560

>>2951213
Investigate the cause of these 'earthquakes' and offer your 'help' to the fix the problem, bargain your 'freedom' in exchange of this service.

2952452

File: 1421380523477.png (10.19 KB, 125x86, sweetie412_mikeimprove.png)

>>2951213
Let's skip "Where am I?" because we probably can figure it out. Let's go with "Why am I here?" or "Can I talk to someone about all this?"

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2952529

>>2951213
AM I BEING DETAINED??? AM I FREE TO GO???

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2954347

File: 1421434716433.png (4.85 KB, 640x400, tartarus18.png)

2954657

File: 1421442422734.jpg (22.4 KB, 479x466, sweetie185.jpg)

>>2954347
Profess innocence. We are Spike the Great, hero of the Crystal Empire and lifemate of a Princess.

Anonymous 2954668

>>2954347
just who do you think you're talking to
I'll have you know I singlehandedly saved the crystal empire
now knell before me peasant

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 2955855

Point out that he's in Tartarus too. Demand to know how he escaped his cell.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2956289

Save. In a new file.

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2957793

File: 1421507167248.png (5.67 KB, 640x400, tartarus19.png)

Anonymous 2957943

>>2957793
make a 'FOIA request' for all pertinent information regarding your detention in tartarus

2958029

File: 1421513153856.png (283.69 KB, 786x1239, sweetie565.png)

>>2957793
But I wasn't found guilty of a crime. This is probably another one of Twilight's magical accidents. Like the time she made everypony fall in love with Smarty Pants. Or when she turned animals into fruits. Or when she and Rainbow Dash found that Up All Night spell.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2958482

>>2958029
Don't forget the cutiemark incident

Awesome eel 2960267

>>2957793
That is beside the point, this place is falling down and we need to stop this, what would you do if there is no more prison ? How could I 'serve' my sentence if the place is gone ?

We confronted Tirek, if he can break out, we can safely assume the reverse is possible. Maybe, by some weird circumstance, I've been put here without sentence nor condemnation by forces that weren't an authority.

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2962697

File: 1421608276426.png (4.07 KB, 640x400, tartarus20.png)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2962699

File: 1421608311452.png (4.78 KB, 640x400, tartarus21.png)

Awesome eel 2962705

>>2962699
Burn it's eye and then run run like a novice squire !

Anonymous 2963565

>>2962699
OMG that cis shitlord is raping spike
tell him to check his privilege

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2963654

>>2962699
Blow your rape whistle!!!

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2964182

File: 1421632522279.png (6.16 KB, 640x400, tartarus22.png)

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2964186

File: 1421632585389.png (4.9 KB, 640x400, tartarus23.png)

Anonymous 2964254

>>2964186
open inventory
select rock
throw rock into spider's eye

2964434

File: 1421639052954.png (71.5 KB, 208x249, sweetie16.png)

>>2964254
First, stand at the edge of the cliff, then throw the rock to enrage it. Then go between it's legs when it can't see.

Anonymous 2964452

>>2964434
I'm not comfortable with the whole 'going between the legs' thing, but standing on the edge of the cliff and coaxing it to make it fall off seems like a good plan

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964490

File: 1421640171584.png (129.12 KB, 402x381, 2013-11-22-amd_kk_13_11_26.png)

>>2964434
you've killed us too many times as it is.

2964650

File: 1421643746283.png (117.78 KB, 1024x744, sweetie540.png)

>>2964490
I don't see you being helpful.

My other plan was "Breathe fire on the Flareon guy because he's red."

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964687

>>2964650
How is "stick a chunk of obsidian in giant eye beast" not helpful?

2964692

File: 1421644611223.png (158.17 KB, 563x442, sweetie28.png)

>>2964687
That wasn't you, that was anon.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964695

File: 1421644691740.png (208.97 KB, 512x512, fluttersquick.png)

>>2964692
It was me all along.

2964697

File: 1421644796644.png (102 KB, 334x385, 1305471450522.png)

>>2964695
You're anon? So it was actually YOU that killed us in that chimney!

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964698

2964700

File: 1421644908395.png (487.28 KB, 924x982, sweetie614.png)

>>2964698
Your secrets are revealed!

Anonymous 2964721

>>2964697
that would be me
though my intent wasn't death but more of a visual gag where pinkie looks up the chimney in the first scene and her head is poking out the top to the chimney the the following scene

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964733

File: 1421645711558.gif (2.34 MB, 640x360, check them effects youll never…)

>>2964700
>>2964721
Falsely accused!

2964735

File: 1421645751096.png (251.06 KB, 616x542, sweetie50.png)

>>2964733
Anons are legion. You are equally responsible.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964742

File: 1421645990955.jpg (375.9 KB, 1600x1200, secret sip.jpg)

>>2964735
>Anons are legion.
Not to me.

2964746

File: 1421646041946.png (14.87 KB, 140x107, sweetie173.png)

>>2964742
That's the rule. They've got posters and banners.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964753

File: 1421646177297.png (202.95 KB, 1280x1280, sip.png)

>>2964746
that's adorable

I still know who they are

2964755

File: 1421646232395.jpg (36.25 KB, 840x467, sweetie536.jpg)

>>2964753
Are any of them Lily?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964764

File: 1421646537165.png (1.12 MB, 750x1065, Colgatewatchesyou.png)

>>2964755
maybe
what a lily?

2964765

File: 1421646574330.png (329.15 KB, 613x677, sweetie6.png)

>>2964764
My evil nemesis!

Anonymous 2964778

>>2964733
it seems I have caused you some trouble
should I adopt a name or trip to keep such things from happening moving forward

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2964781

>>2964778
nah. It's my fault for not checking my name field coming out of /anon/

Anonymous 2964938

>>2964781
thank goodness
I don't much care for using either
again sorry about what happened

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2966250

File: 1421684425662.png (7.61 KB, 640x400, tartarus24.png)

>>2964254
>>2964434

Combat check! I don't know how you guys do that. If someone could help me, that'd be appreciated. Until then, I'm just using RNG.org.

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2966268

File: 1421684941110.png (4.36 KB, 640x400, tartarus25.png)

>>2966250

1d6 = 1
>Critical miss!

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2966617

>>2966268
Shit I just realized.
We should probobly check our stats before we start doing stuff.

You can roll die on site by typing [XdY] where X is the number of die being rolled and Y is the number of sides on each die

Anonymous 2966723

retrieve the rock and think of a better plan maybe something like >>2964650
"Breathe fire on the Flareon guy because he's red."

2967454

File: 1421702962628.png (62.04 KB, 180x330, sweetie172.png)

Reload and throw again? Stupid random numbers.

2967464

File: 1421703125409.jpg (3.14 KB, 126x125, sweetie73.jpg)

>>2966268
>>2966617
dice?
Roll 1d6 = 5

Awesome eel 2967525

>>2966250
[1 d 6], just remove the space.

Roll 1d6 = 1

Anonymous 2967716

Roll 6d1 = 6

Awesome eel 2967748

>>2967716
It work with different number value.

[4 d 39]
Roll 4d39 = 62

Anonymous 2967764

[6d0.5]

Awesome eel 2967784

>>2967764
not with decimal tough.

2967921

File: 1421710681822.png (58.76 KB, 201x242, sweetie156.png)

[1d6d6]

Anonymous 2967956

[1dΠ]

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2968104

>>2966617
Testing.

Roll 1d6 = 4

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2968108

>>2968104
Well, ain't that useful? Thanks, Person/Fluttershy/whateverthefuckIshouldcallyou.

I miss how fast this game used to go, on /mlp/. That's why I'm starting to show up multiple times a day, if anyone was wondering.

Anonymous 2968124

File: 1421715517181.png (621.57 KB, 1702x786, formattingandhotkeys.png)

>>2968108
handy guide for text formatting and other fun features

what made you leave /mlp/

IneptGM!SF8dPAJKnY 2968506

This took me two hours to type.

>>2968124
>what made you leave /mlp/

I did. PQ went from one of the most popular things on /mlp/ to something that, according to the archives, nobody even misses since I left two and a half months ago. Since then, I now have several hours to try and fill every night - several hours for it to eat away at me that I repeatedly fucked up and eventually drove everyone away, and I can't even tell them that I'm sorry for it.

Awesome eel 2968519

>>2968506
They never do any diplomacy nor reasoning. No compromise, only their way is the truth.

It's kind of sad isn't it ?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2968540

>>2968519
I fucked everything up. Not them.

Awesome eel 2968552

>>2968540
Don't be so hard on yourself, we are all humans, we all make mistake.

We all have our moment of weakness, nobody is immune to failure.

Anyways, is Spike going to survive ? I hope so, it would be a shame for him to die so early.

Burn the spider eyes with fire breath and run away !!!
Roll 1d20 = 5

Anonymous 2968615

File: 1421724550690.png (Spoiler Image,693.21 KB, 1000x1058, 1386816922859.png)

I still enjoyed it while it lasted
in particular pic(s) related

also the changeling OC in the zombie quest
but I lost the pics of her

Anonymous 2968616

File: 1421724570921.png (2.5 KB, 311x389, 1384474020121.png)

Awesome eel 2968740

>>2968616
that some nice pixelated monster design.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2971190

>>2968615
>>2968616
I'm so sorry that everything went to shit. Over and over again.

Anyway, enough moping. We don't have a vote yet, but I should probably address this:

>>2966617
>We should probobly check our stats before we start doing stuff.

If you're hoping for super-specific tabletop game stats, I'm afraid I don't have any. The combat roll, as I said in the OP, is mostly for balancing reasons: It'd be pretty stupid to introduce a major enemy and then you just do something like >>2964434 and it's dead in one move. But on the other hand, even just 2 or 3 low rolls could potentially cost you your life, even against a minor enemy. So, I might adjust the number of sides/rolls depending on how this fight goes.

If you don't mind something more vague, though, I'd imagine Spike's stat distribution to be something like this:

>STRENGTH

Average. He's a heavy lifter for such a little guy, but none of his feats stand out that much compared to the ponies around him. Furthermore, his offensive prowess in a one-on-one fight is low.

>INTELLIGENCE

Above average. When it comes to book smarts and certain social cues, he's as dumb as a brick due to his young age. However, he has many political connections despite his age, and several seasons of playing the sane man has given him a comparatively high level of foresight and perception.

>ENDURANCE

Low. Spike is small and young, so he has low HP and tires out quickly. Yes, he can handle a lot of menial labor, but he has to pace himself and take frequent nap/snack breaks, or he'll wear out.

>SPEED

Average. His stubby legs and low stamina mean he's not too fast, but he can still keep pace with a herd of full-grown ponies when he has to. He's also been shown to be quite agile, dodging groups of mooks and maneuvering through volatile landscapes on several occasions.

DEFENSE
Outstanding. Not only is Spike's body able to withstand blunt force and sharp objects with ease, he is apparently heatproof enough to be submerged in (and swallow) lava without any ill effects. However, falling a great distance is implied to be sufficient enough to kill him, so it is likely that under his armor-like scales, he's just as squishy as everyone else.

>SPECIAL

Above average. Spike's most obvious trick is his fire breath, which can send/receive messages via magic and has also been used as a weapon. It doesn't seem to be very strong, but being able to continuously produce even small jets of fire can be quite useful - and dangerous.

>LUCK

Terrible. Spike is basically the chew toy of the series. If the powers that be in Equestria can hurt or emasculate him for a cheap laugh, or if they can make him look like an idiot in front of his friends, love interest, or a whole stadium full of ponies, they will do so. This isn't to say that Spike CAN'T get lucky, or triumph over hardship. He just has a much worse track record of doing so than most of his friends.

Awesome eel 2971518

>>2971190
These are nice states, I would add another special, he can eat solid gems/rocks and he is technically very hard to starve. Siege won't work as he will simply eat rock.

Anonymous 2972092

>>2971190 (==Highly Off Topic! Now let's not speak of this again== my fault for bringing it up)
>I'm so sorry that everything went to shit. Over and over again.
I could tell you all is forgiven til I'm blue in the face and it won't change anything until you forgive yourself


>STRENGTH -> Average

>INTELLIGENCE ->Above Average
>ENDURANCE ->Low
>SPEED ->Average
>DEFENSE ->Outstanding
>SPECIAL ->Above average
>LUCK ->Terrible (lel)
Nice stats, I'm assuming these are in comparison to a typical pony.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2974042

>>2972092
Correct. By the metric I'm using, Spike is for instance smarter than the average background pony (who seem to be pretty dumb and panicky as a whole). Again, though, none of it is set in stone - the stats I gave are just a rough guide I'm going by because they seem to line up with Spike's canonical abilities.


Also, we seem to be at a bit of a standstill, so I'm going to roll for this.

If even, >>2968552.
If odd, >>2966723.


For your sakes, I'm hoping for even.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2974059

>>2974042
Wait, forgot something.

Roll 1d6 = 4

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2974112

File: 1421857572534.png (5.25 KB, 640x400, tartarus26.png)

>>2974059

>Glancing hit!

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2974122

File: 1421857699780.png (2.83 KB, 640x400, tartarus27.png)

Awesome eel 2974335

>>2974122
Heck yeah ! I knew Spike had it in him.

Now what ?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2974459

File: 1421864453753.png (27.71 KB, 360x474, CarryWeight[1].png)

>>2974335
Go retrieve the rock, also retrieve all those other bits of rock. Also anything else that isn't nailed down.

But try not to make the guard guy think you're some sort of weird hoarder.

Anonymous 2974557

>>2974335
>Now what ?
that's for you to decide
Do you think the battle is over? Looting, talking to the party, and moving to a new area are the likely suggestions
Do you think the battle isn't over? Defending, strategizing, running somewhere safe are basic suggestions.
Maybe you want to ignore what happened and do something unrelated to what happened? Just use your imagination. The sky's the limit.
(example of ignoring what's happening)
Good going spike. Using that cis shitlord to bring down the patriarchy. Now demand gibsmedat from him.

Awesome eel 2974564

>>2974557
I just thought we should do some debrief and asses the situation.

There was no, you know, aftermath image to go on.

Awesome eel 2974677

>>2974564
Alright, let's quickly move away from the previous spot in case the spider magically heal it's eye, which I highly doubt. Still, better safe than sorry. Now let's call it even with the guard as we both saved each other lives.

2975143

File: 1421873928783.png (34.25 KB, 176x170, sweetiederp4.png)

>>2974112
Lol. That is not what I meant! I wanted to shoot the flareon with the fire, not stand on him. >>2964650 I thought maybe I'd activate his Flashfire ability or something.

Guys, what goes up is bound to come down. We need to move!

Anonymous 2975161

File: 1421874283443.gif (7.35 KB, 125x125, lewd Spike (auto).gif)

>>2974112
>time for plan D

Anonymous 2975864

let's go do things and have an adventure

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2976021

File: 1421890993976.png (4.82 KB, 640x400, tartarus28.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2976023

File: 1421891021679.png (4.46 KB, 640x400, tartarus29.png)

Anonymous 2976128

>>2976023
it's angry but distracted
let's take this opportunity to escape

Rambler!ataraxialdpod 2976151

>>2976023
Burn the web

2976165

File: 1421896603411.png (72.4 KB, 173x322, sweetie106.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2976166

2976167

File: 1421896715193.png (93.1 KB, 288x307, sweetie78.png)

>>2976151
And I agree with this one. Let's free Flareon, not abandon him.

Anonymous 2976176

that red horse thing is nothing but trouble
let's not squander this opportunity to he rid of it

Awesome eel 2976191

>>2976023
I say we ditch him, all our diplomatic attempt/bargain were in vain.

Awesome eel 2976194

>>2976191
Wait, never mind, when I think about it, he's the only local, his knowledge is valuable for what it's worth, but I feel we will have to make a morally gray choice soon given we are near the Tartarus exit or something.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2977935

File: 1421963244623.png (6.64 KB, 640x400, tartarus30.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2977940

File: 1421963364579.png (4.7 KB, 640x400, tartarus31.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2977942

>>2977935
Run to your buddy and hid in the sharp rocks.

2977994

File: 1421964445449.png (329.15 KB, 613x677, sweetie6.png)

>>2977942
That's a really good idea.

Anonymous 2978114

>>2977940
fire worked on the tether
use fire on the binding to free red horse what's his face

Awesome eel 2978152

>>2977940
Run side way, change perspective, it's jumping pattern seem to steer toward the wounded guard, I suppose there is not much we can do but survive.

2978236

File: 1421969482174.png (214.34 KB, 1285x1231, sweetie587.png)

>>2978114
His name is Flareon. I have deemed it so.

Anonymous 2978305

File: 1421970558488.gif (332.24 KB, 373x200, 1408726994996.gif)

>>2978236
such self assuredness coupled with such cuteness
I simply cannot argue against it
Very well I yield to your decree
Red pony shall be known as Flareon

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2981333

File: 1422034639641.png (3.51 KB, 640x400, tartarus32.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2981336

File: 1422034669983.png (5.2 KB, 640x400, tartarus33.png)

Anonymous 2981440

>>2981336
well that was unexpected
but hey we won
time to loot the body

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2981871

>>2981336
Hit the underside with some fire.

>>2981440
Wait. We only got it twice. Usually takes three.

2981881

File: 1422047224092.png (227.6 KB, 550x525, sweetiebum.png)

>>2981336
> Is it dead?
Free Flareon. Ask him if he's ok.

>Is it still kicking?

Time to flee. Grab Flareon and run.

Awesome eel 2982038

>>2981336
Pry it's teeth, then use it to pry open his belly to retrieve the sticky substance and cut a leg of it, empty and use it as a mean of transportation after removing the flesh within it for the sticky substance you've collected.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2982163

>>2982038
Let's not forget that we still need to convince this guard that we're not some sort of psychopathic monster.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2982238

File: 1422056878929.png (5.02 KB, 640x400, tartarus34.png)

Awesome eel 2982294

>>2982238
Ensure it's dead, flame it until it catches on fire.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2982299

File: 1422058023545.png (139.83 KB, 200x260, 55f[2].png)

>>2982238
Save
Did we unlock any skills? Or do we get skill points to spend?

Also help our companion out. He's a dick, but he's our dick.

2982323

File: 1422058612648.jpg (5.19 KB, 204x247, sweetie455.jpg)

>>2982238
I repeat my attempt to check on Flareon. Free him and ask how he is. Show genuine concern. Spike is a nice dragon. Maybe Flareon will realize we don't belong here.

Anonymous 2982584

>>2982238
is there anything to loot?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2982923

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2983273

File: 1422074697857.png (8.82 KB, 640x400, tartarus35.png)

Flutterperson: I knew I was forgetting something... Yes, you got something skill-oriented. Don't worry about it for now, though: You'll know when it's time to use it.


>>2982299
>>2982323

Anonymous 2983882

>>2983273
should we just leave that creature there? what if it's only unconscious? what if it's suffering? is that goo corrosive? will it cause harm to the land to other creatures that get too close?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2983909

>>2983882
I'm sure it will be dealt with by professionals.

2985323

File: 1422124180561.png (93.4 KB, 343x345, sweetie132.png)

Something on the right is glowing.

Anonymous 2985352

>>2985323
maybe the sun is coming up
does the sun even reach tartarus? flareon seems to have a plan. but can spike really trust it? to me something seems off. let's keep a bit of distance get the two, personal space reasons and the like

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2992058

File: 1422230099228.png (6.72 KB, 640x400, tartarus36.png)

>>2985323
>>2985352
Not technically a consensus, but they're in the same direction, so...

Awesome eel 2992061

>>2992058
Let's go in, but test the portal with a spider leg to see if there is any ill effect. I don't trust this 100%.

2992073

File: 1422230375418.png (140.37 KB, 350x474, sweetie183.png)

>>2992058
I believe you, Flareon. In to the portal of doom!

>>2992061
Exactly what princess do you believe is on the other side that would cause you to huck spider legs at her?

Awesome eel 2992076

>>2992073
Not sure, it wasn't for the princess but more about the portal itself, it seems out of place or maybe even unstable.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2992155

>>2992061
>>2992058
Save, then go through

Anonymous 2992224

>>2992058
>>2992061
I concur with being cautious
and should spike really trust flareon being so close behind him, considering what happened just minutes ago

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2992272

>>2992224
we saved his ass twice

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2992555

File: 1422236106675.png (4.89 KB, 640x400, tartarus37.png)

Awesome eel 2992583

>>2992555
Greet her and inquire on the current situation.

Hi, I'm Spike and I'm clueless about the current event that fathom this place we are in. I suffered memory loss.

Anonymous 2992602

>>2992555
report the actions of flareon to that pony wearing a dress
the attempted rape must not go unpunished

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2992668

>>2992555
WHO THE FUCK IS THAT!

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2993639

File: 1422248564521.png (7.56 KB, 640x400, tartarus38.png)

Anonymous 2993732

>>2993639
ask where the restroom is

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2993795

>>2993639
...
I'd like to file a complaint.

2994745

File: 1422265239422.png (49.92 KB, 263x215, sweetie166.png)

>>2993639
Great, another Princess. Thanks Hasbro...

Anonymous 2994881

>>2994745
someone's jealous

2994884

File: 1422269440192.gif (22.97 KB, 544x400, sweetie619.gif)

>>2994881
Jealous of what?

Anonymous 2998917

>>2993795
great idea
what are spike complaining about?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 2999756

File: 1422380119816.png (7.75 KB, 640x400, tartarus39.png)

>>2994884
>619
How many fucking pictures do you have?


>>2993795
>>2998917

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 2999770

>>2999756
recent jail break?

I smell the main quest!

Anonymous 2999814

>>2999756
request swanky accommodations

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3000051

>>2999814
I think we want to leave tartarus

Anonymous 3000102

>>3000051
I don't think that's going to be allowed
at least until spike has served his time
might as well make the best of it

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3000126

>>3000102
If we're in tartarus there's a good chance we're serving a life sentence.

fuck that!

Anonymous 3000264

>>3000126
I'm not exactly keen on staying spike staying here either it'd make for a boring game (eat, sleep, walk abound cell, read stuff if they let him have stuff to read actually that doesn't sound all that bad
how about this
ask princess dress lady if spike can leave
if no ask about reason for being here and length of stay
if yes ask for directions to the exit

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3009003

File: 1422566423960.png (7.46 KB, 640x400, tartarus40.png)

>>3000051
>>3000264
Closest thing to a consensus I could find.

Awesome eel 3009135

>>3009003
Head toward her father to use diplomatic ploy to leave Tartarus, maybe you could bring reinforcement for Tartarus from Celestia/Luna ?

Suggest that they will need help and that you might be able to provide some support in a logistic point of view with your letter/fire breath ability. I assume Spike can change to who the letter is send.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3009156

>>3009003
>>3009135
this. Also keep the shades.

Anonymous 3009936

>>3009003
>>3009135
go talk to they father
and use portals instead of walking
with spikes stuby legs and low endurance it would probably take a while to get there

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3011395

File: 1422604248822.png (4.09 KB, 640x400, tartarus41.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3011401

File: 1422604291313.png (3.54 KB, 640x400, tartarus42.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3011407

File: 1422604307871.png (5.16 KB, 640x400, tartarus43.png)

Anonymous 3011872

>>3011407
explain about earthquakes, flareon, spider eyeball
ask about why spike is here, for how long, can spike go home
if leaving is a no go then maybe safer accommodations or something to make the stay more pleasant

OP, are you going to stick around after the merger?

3011899

File: 1422614114937.jpg (34.2 KB, 468x398, sweetie463.jpg)

>>3011407
No. I don't belong here. I want to talk to Princess Twilight. (or Celestia, if Twilight isn't a princess yet. Not sure what timeline we're in. Maybe we can find Tirek and escape together.)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3013632

>>3011407
scary!

Anonymous 3013681

File: 1422660368879.png (462.33 KB, 1280x720, Spike scared.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3016746

File: 1422730095946.png (7.25 KB, 640x400, tartarus44.png)

>>3011872
>merger
I cannot foresee this ending well at all.

>>3011872
>>3011899
>>3013632
>>3013681

Anonymous 3017112

>>3016746
JEEEEEEROOOOOOOOY LENKIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNSSS!!

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3017205

>>3016746
Spike; from ponyville.

3017218

File: 1422734625817.png (164.38 KB, 1038x770, sweetie245.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3022602

File: 1422839909605.png (6.62 KB, 640x400, tartarus45.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3022613

>>3022602
he's a fair cop

Agiri 3022649

File: 1422840910170.png (64.99 KB, 185x248, blank.png)

>>3022602

Well, this is interesting

/lurking

3022971

File: 1422845484928.png (186.59 KB, 590x620, sweetie158.png)

Become very upset and frantic about this mistake.

And Belle isn't her last name, but I see what you're going for. She has no official last name and possibly none at all. She is just Rarity.

Anonymous 3023301

>>3022602
he dindu nuffin
he a good boy
he gonna church errday

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3023490

>>3022971
her sisters last name is Belle

3023507

File: 1422852267480.png (79.17 KB, 348x269, sweetiepeek.png)

>>3023490
No, Sweetie Belle is considered to be a single name, although it is two parts. As far as my research into ponies states, anyways. It's an understandable misconception though. Of course, who the balls knows? I'm not Faust. It's just something I've considered before.

Awesome eel 3024984

>>3022602
That was kind of dark, I bet it was because of Spike greed or something. Maybe it's some weird trial too, I dunno, best to assume it is entirely true.

Awesome eel 3025142

>>3022602
Ask for some time to grieve and maybe remember the good fondness of the past when spike had some time with her.

Ghost!Grimes./iQ 3025986

>>3023507
it goes that way for the pies. pinkie pie, maud pie, whatever pie

Anonymous 3026057

>>3025986
>it goes that way for the pies. pinkie pie, maud pie, whatever pie
those are example of filthy mudpony plebeians
godly unicorn master race are far beyond such arbitrary naming schemes

3026682

File: 1422912665706.png (60 KB, 225x233, sweetie83.png)

>>3025986
Except they were born of Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz.

Inept's phone!0faFMRosUM 3031587

Hey guys I just moved so no Internet -or new pics - for a couple of days. Should be back Thursday night. Maybe.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Awesome eel 3031613

>>3031587
Don't sweat it, it's all good.

Anonymous 3032818

>>3031587
>Inept's phone
why did I get the mental picture of a phone hovering in midair and operating itself when I read that?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3039287

File: 1423193166752.png (6.94 KB, 640x400, tartarus46.png)

3039776

File: 1423204119739.jpg (17.09 KB, 400x380, sweetie428.jpg)

>>3039287
Cry and mumble incoherently.

Awesome eel 3040173

>>3039287
Demand evidence, are you supposed to take his word for it ?

Anonymous 3042509

>>3039776
Seconding. Maybe he'll let us go if we look pathetic enough.

Anonymous 3042534

>>3039287
graciously accept the award and ask to see documents relative to spike's guily
also ask how long your to be here

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3042603

File: 1423268334451.png (8.03 KB, 640x400, tartarus47.png)

Anonymous 3042646

>>3042603
>crocodile tears
spike isn't a crocodile he's a dragon
that's very rude and potentially racist
skeleguy needs to check his privilege

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3042655

>>3042646
This! I take offense! Check your giant horse skellington privilege!

3043971

File: 1423298897804.png (645.63 KB, 1227x752, sweetie355.png)

>>3042603
What's the point if Rarity's gone? Let's just go back to our cell.

Awesome eel 3044175

>>3042603
Let's just drop on the floor and do absolutely nothing as this reality crush the mind of spike.

Anonymous 3045169

>>304397
>Let's just go back to our cell.
Didn't Spike's cell get destroyed?
He would need a new cell, unless you're suggesting Spike do something drastic.

3045536

File: 1423342666472.png (132.6 KB, 386x526, sweetieemo.png)

>>3045169
I'm sure they have another cell for us. Or we could just fetal position here on the floor if you prefer.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3045720

Okay, two things.

First, we need a tiebreaker vote.

Second, we're apparently at about 493 posts ITT. Are we going to need a new thread soon? I don't know how many posts you can have in an MLPonychan thread before it starts to autosage, or if there even is autosaging.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3045766

File: 1423347456797.png (1.12 MB, 750x1065, Colgatewatchesyou.png)

>>3045720
our autosage is different.
once you get over a certain number of posts their will be a cool-down period after each bump during which additional posts will not bump the thread.
that way you never need to make a new thread to get time on the front but super active serials don't stick up there forever.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3045800

>>3045766
So we can just keep using this thread forever? I wonder what the longest non-stickied thread on this site was... Anyway, I have to say, that's very convenient.

On the other hand, now I wish I'd chosen a better pic for the OP... Pony's Quest 3 and 4 had such nice title cards. Sigh.

Anonymous 3045844

>>3045800
The title card is fine. It gives a sense of open-endedness.

Anonymous 3045876

>>3045720
>tiebreaker
I vote for giving up.

Anonymous 3045996

>tiebreaker
Please don't let this become a pissing contest.
That was the main reason I quit playing when this was on /mlp/

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3046134

File: 1423354955396.png (6.74 KB, 640x400, tartarus48.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3046176

File: 1423355544762.png (5.74 KB, 640x400, tartarus49.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3046186

>>3046176
"waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagghhhh!!"

Anonymous 3046206

>>3046176
*inconsolable crying intensifies*

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3046548

File: 1423364090002.png (5.46 KB, 640x400, tartarus50.png)

Anonymous 3046622

>>3046548
hyperventilate and pass out

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3046932

File: 1423370856408.jpg (113.88 KB, 1600x900, We+Know+Drama[1].jpg)

3047602

File: 1423385076387.png (49.27 KB, 300x362, sweetie396.png)

We're ok. I have a plan. Two plans, in fact. Both involve Canterlot High. But first, we need to get to the Crystal Castle and the Magic Mirror.

Let's thank Flareon for his help and head for Ponyville.

Clearly my Spike has gone insane.

3047778

File: 1423390542422.png (76.57 KB, 209x244, sweetie31.png)

Ok, I vote to stand before the evil dragon and let him past judgement. I'm worried OP will kill us off again if we don't.

Anonymous 3047808

I'm fine with whatever the outcome is
I base my suggestions on how I would likely react in the situation presented
which is not really a good idea since I'm prone to anxiety/panic attacks
I can honestly say if I were in Spike's situation I would have a mental breakdown and very likely lash out at anything that approached

3047810

>>3047778
>evil looking

Awesome eel 3048299

>>3046548
Slowly give her grip and investigate his 'proposal' while advancing slowly with the head down in disbelief.

Anonymous 3048774

>>3047778
>I'm worried OP will kill us off again if we don't.
Good point. Voting to listen to the scary giant horse skeleton.

Anonymous 3048805

if OP does kill Spike there's always the cmc quest

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3048978

File: 1423428017678.png (7.76 KB, 640x400, tartarus51.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3049000

>>3048978
inb4 he sees us

3049158

File: 1423432130398.png (282.86 KB, 694x511, sweetsflank.png)

>>3048978
Yes. For Rarity.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3049250

>>3049158
Also yes

Can our friends come?

Anonymous 3049288

>>3048978
accept the quest in memorandum of Rarity

and build a memorial shrine for her
it will help in the healing process

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3049995

File: 1423446308270.png (6.32 KB, 640x400, tartarus52.png)

3050025

File: 1423446655255.jpg (98.41 KB, 600x1083, flarboy.jpg)

>>3049995
Will I be a dog once I get there? Well, only one way to find out. Princess, say goodbye to Flareon for me.

>Enter portal

Anonymous 3050027

>>3049995
jump in the portal

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3050104

>>3049995
Oh hey a portal. sweet. let's jump in.


I assumed we'd have to fight through 5 layers of prison riot hell to get there.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3050385

File: 1423453153807.png (5.26 KB, 640x400, tartarus53.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3050389

File: 1423453199180.png (6.15 KB, 640x400, tartarus54.png)

Anonymous 3050467

>>3050389
climb nearest tree to get a layout of the land

Awesome eel 3050510

>>3050389
Snatch a twig from the tree, it could prove to be somewhat useful.

3053007

File: 1423525561079.png (60.86 KB, 477x558, 4.png)

We forgot to ask for something to hold the water in.

Anonymous 3053520

>>3053007
that's a good point
but I have an idea
Spike can dig a trench from the portal to the water
that way to water can flow to the portal and there will be no need to transport it manually

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3055845

File: 1423597960353.png (11.99 KB, 640x400, tartarus55.png)

3056110

File: 1423601668357.png (266.88 KB, 547x504, sweetie60.png)

>>3055845
Sounds like right is the way to go, so lets go left and look for useful junk first.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3056541

>>3056110
yup
I assume the bridge crosses the river.
Though it would be funny if we got water from the wrong river.

Awesome eel 3056725

>>3056110
I concur, the bridge means civilization, we may get more landmark. Be wary of footprints hoof prints.

Anonymous 3057038

>>3056110
I vote for exploring left before going right

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3057106

File: 1423620998345.png (6.1 KB, 640x400, tartarus56.png)

Awesome eel 3057111

>>3057106
Burn it and eat it, assert your dominance.

Nah, jk, just avoid that thing.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3057353

>>3057106
save

now, lets find out what that pink rectangle is.

Anonymous 3057588

>>3057106
let's befriend it
it looks lonely

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3057626

>>3057588
Yeah! We have titanium scales!
It can't do shit.

besides, I just saved.

3057651

File: 1423632908226.jpg (30.27 KB, 600x338, sweetie204.jpg)

>>3057106
I want the purply, but we need a distraction. Go right and find a distraction.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3057674

>>3057651
we have a stick
and I think we have a rock as well.
did we retrieve the rock?

I want to wear that skull as a hat

3057680

File: 1423633757566.png (329.15 KB, 613x677, sweetie6.png)

>>3057674
It looks hungry. I was thinking food. Or maybe it will be gone later. Or... We could hide behind that tree until it leaves. But that might never happen.

We lost the rock in the fight with the eye spider.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3059323

>>3057353
>unknown command 'save'

Rolling for next command.

Odd:
>>3057111
>>3057651

Even:
>>3057588
>>3057626

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3059335

File: 1423688166203.png (5.19 KB, 640x400, tartarus57.png)

Anonymous 3059492

>>3059335
The portal is gone!
does that mean Spike is trapped here?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3060330

>>3059492
Shut up!

Anonymous 3060733

>>3060330
rude
:^(

3061415

File: 1423724665512.png (60.23 KB, 204x247, sweetie605.png)

Now back left.

Anonymous 3066861

>>3061415
what are you hoping to achieve by returning to where we had just moments ago left?
I could see waiting for some time to pass and then returning in speculation of the bird(?) leaving in search of substance.
however I suppose that creature may have chosen the exact moment when spike had left the area to go in search of food.
either way your suggestion perplexes me.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3067549

>>3066861
In case he saw us. We faked him out by leaving.
now we can go back and get the purple

3067659

File: 1423901428266.png (69.1 KB, 204x247, sweetie606.png)

>>3066861
In Sierra quest games, when you want time to advance like that, you leave the screen and come back. For example, the Witch in King's Quest 1. Or maybe the Boogeyman in King's Quest 7. Dracula in King's Quest 2. Trust me. This is how it's done.

Or, you could vote for something else. I mean, the only vote right now is mine. It would take one vote to tie me and two to end my nonsense. But hey, if I need to play this game by myself, so be it. You all got my Pinkie killed off anyways.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3067666

>>3067659
i still blame you for that actually.

3067669

File: 1423901742164.png (57.8 KB, 204x247, sweetie607.png)

>>3067666
That's because you're foolish.

Anonymous 3068061

>>3067659
>Trust me. This is how it's done.
Well I don't have any ideas on what to do and I'd really like to see this game go somewhere
Very well, I will cast my lot with Sweetie.
Let us proceed to venture where we were once before.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3069560

File: 1423949294616.png (4.54 KB, 640x400, tartarus58.png)

3069785

File: 1423952813998.png (9.49 KB, 125x70, sweetiepeek2.png)

>>3069560
Ok, plan number two. Let's hide behind the tree and observe.

Anonymous 3072155

>>3069785
are you sure that's going to work?

how do you know the tree isn't the real threat and the bird creature isn't a distraction?

or maybe it's all a big ruse and a Shai-Hulud is lying in wait?

3072159

File: 1423991046077.png (77.89 KB, 262x434, sweetie176.png)

>>3072155
So vote for something else. Why am I the only one playing? Do you think OP is going to stay for little ole me?

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 3072303

You could check to the right...?

3072351

File: 1423996447006.jpg (96.76 KB, 447x484, sweetie285.jpg)

>>3072303
No, you don't understand. You could check to the right. All you need to do is believe in yourself.

Anonymous 3072369

>>3072159
I don't want to vote for anything I just want the game to progress but I also want there to be some sibilance of reason for that progress

Awesome eel 3072988

>>3069560
Hide behind the tree, snatch a twig, burn it and then throw it to set ablaze to this bird nest.

Now for the creature reaction, if it fly at us with a hostile stance, just bird it and EAT IT.

If it flees, wait for the fires to goes out or suddenly remember your abnormal resilience to heat. Nigga can swim in lava, I doubt fire would harm him.

Objective, To get that purple lever thing.

Awesome eel 3072993

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3073579

File: 1424034702005.png (419.29 KB, 830x467, mild annoyance.png)

>>3072369
>I don't want to vote for anything I just want the game to progress

Anonymous 3073819

>>3073579
let me clarify that
I don't want to get in a vote pissing contest
I just want to play the game but I don't know how to proceed
Yes, I could make a random suggestion and hope for the best but I'd rather have something a little more concrete
Maybe I'm not understanding the system here
Sweetie was saying something about Sierra quest games(?)
I haven't a clue what those are
would it help if I knew what those were?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3073852

>>3073819
Sierra is the company that made kings quest. which is the game that this is styled after.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3075191

>>3073819
>Maybe I'm not understanding the system here

What's there to understand? It's a CYOA modelled after old point-and-click games. In order to proceed, you need to solve what I'll generously refer to as puzzles. This can be done by talking to NPC's, using the items you find, and battling enemies. If you get stuck, it's usually because you failed to either find something or explore somewhere.

Bear in mind that, in some point-and-click games, these conventions are taken to absurd lengths: Not only do you oftentimes have to use the items you find in incredibly obtuse ways (like killing a Yeti by throwing a pie at it... while you have a hammer and a magic wand in your inventory), you can also easily find yourself in an unwinnable situation by, say, missing a vital item and not realizing it until you're trapped hours later. Pony's Quest will NOT do either of these, so don't worry too much. The only way to really fuck up is to do something incredibly stupid like shoving your face up a fucking chimney, Sweetie.

Did that clarify anything?

3076047

File: 1424069795299.png (184.82 KB, 1024x1064, sweetie553.png)

>>3075191
I'm not the one who did that! That was someone else. An anon, I tell you. An anon.

Though I did encourage them to go deeper.

3076064

File: 1424070217914.png (617.03 KB, 1261x862, Sweetie280.png)

>>3073819
>Sweetie was saying something about Sierra quest games(?)
I say a lot of things. It's my own special blend of wisdom, humor and nonsense, all rolled into one. I'm an excellent advisor, yet probably not who you'd want in the driver's seat. We seem to be set to nonsense at the moment, though I really want the purply, so I'm hoping that vulture will fly away if we wait behind that tree. I'm sure there's a whole world of possibilities two screens to the right, but no one wants to go this way, so we're doing this instead. If it doesn't work, my next ideas are "Tunnel under the nest" and "Burn down tree, push flaming log down hill" in that order.

Anonymous 3076130

>>3075191
>Did that clarify anything?
Yes, it did.
I'm more use to the jrpg (grind levels/equipment/skills, find quest giver, complete quest) model
>>3076047
it's okay
I believe you
>>3076064
>I say a lot of things.
I wasn't sure how to explain what I didn't understand about what did (or rather didn't) happen you seemed really sure of yourself and I knew I didn't know what Sierra quest games were, so I was using that (more as an example than trying to get you blamed by OP for Pinkie's untimely deathsorry I got you yelled at )^:) of what I was unsure of
>I really want the purply
it intrigues me too, but how to get it?

3076135

File: 1424072653298.png (534.09 KB, 3970x4520, sweetie14.png)

>>3076130
We must get rid of that bird, but we most do it in a manner Fluttershy would approve of. No violence. I mean, we could just light the nest on fire, but that isn't very pony.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3076141

>>3076135
I got it. lets sneak up and grab the skull, put it on and jump up shouting BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

3076147

File: 1424073065078.png (718.96 KB, 1280x720, applesweetie4.png)

>>3076141
I am reluctant to approach it, as I believe the bones are from a previous meal.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3076181

File: 1424073847892.jpg (45.4 KB, 640x640, mlfw3226_medium[1].jpg)

>>3076147
We need to be sneaky.

Anonymous 3076327

>>3076141
>>3076181
sneaky sounds good to me
but the shouting seems dangerous

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3077889

>>3076047
>Though I did encourage them to go deeper.

Which is what killed her. Glad we agree.

Anyway, since we're stuck yet afuckinggain, I guess I'll roll yet afuckinggain.

Even:
>>3069785
>>3072988

Odd:
>>3076141
>>3076327

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3078030

File: 1424118968735.png (5.03 KB, 640x400, spikebird1.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3078033

File: 1424118997749.png (5.13 KB, 640x400, spikebird2.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3078034

File: 1424119031263.png (6.18 KB, 640x400, spikebird3.png)

Anonymous 3078287

>>3078030
>>3078033
>>3078034
can we try killing it?
with fire and rocks?
would that work?

Awesome eel 3078347

>>3078034
ahahahaaaa ! I'm I the only one that is trying to make our character survive ? lol.

let's start another game ?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3078349

3079580

File: 1424147235355.png (67.36 KB, 216x349, sweetie141.png)

>>3078347
Let's not. They take two months each to get going.

Anonymous 3083623

>>3078034
restore would put spike in a pre-pecked state, right?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3084672

>>3078287
>try
Yes, you can try.

>>3078349
>reload
Unknown command.

>>3083623
Correct. Restoring puts you in the last safe spot. The filenames should help clarify where that would be.

Anonymous 3084693

>>3084672
Okay
I vote for restore then go on the offensive

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3085623

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3088891

File: 1424365074871.png (4.93 KB, 640x400, tartarus58.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3089755

>>3088891
go right

Awesome eel 3092651

>>3088891
Apply my plan.
>>3072988
Snatch a twig, hide behind the tree, burn the twig, throw it on the bird nest.

A.1 The bird retaliate, use the tree branches to annoy the hell out of the flying foe while spamming fire breath at it.

A.2 The bird flee, keep another twig/branches burning while approaching the nest just in case it is coming back due to a fake retreat. Pyromania is our best tool ability. Fire/lava cannot harm us.

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 3092699

Technically he is going right. I meant my right, not his right. Spike should go to the left.

Anonymous 3092724

>>3092651
I give this plan my endorsement

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3093543

File: 1424479278909.png (16.5 KB, 640x400, tartarus59.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3093544

File: 1424479293555.png (4.87 KB, 640x400, tartarus60.png)

Awesome eel 3094226

>>3093544
How does it react ? It looks pissed, it's wide open elsewhere, the tree for now is the only viable cover, forcing it into our fire breath range while it cannot fly properly to attack us due to branches of the tree. Maybe make the fire bigger with more twigs/branches to ensure the bird nest catches on fire ?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3094278

>>3094226
lets just go right.
Maybe We'll find something we can use.

Awesome eel 3094291

>>3094278
I agree we might not have the 'tool' to deal with that thing yet but we should wait for it's retaliation, ensuring it will not pursuit us thereafter, letting that thing cool down.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3094306

>>3094291
to be honest I don't think it gives a shit about us.


Wait, spike is really good at digging.
can we dig under him?

Awesome eel 3094320

>>3094306
We tried at the prison things, the soil seems different here it could work but we're not a diamond dog nor do we have this digging skill, also, it require engineering knowledge and the tunnel would probably collapse on us, resulting in death by suffocation.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3094339

>>3094320
what if we dug out the tree so it fell on him?

Awesome eel 3094373

>>3094339
Could work, but we are the purple lever thing might fall off. We combine the digging under the tree to make it lose it's foundation a bit, burn it with our fire breath and then push it on the bird nest ?

>Spike arrested for local fauna poacher crime.

Anonymous 3097004

>>3094339
>>3094373
Do this
It sounds more fun than walking to the right

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3097454

File: 1424558230060.png (16.03 KB, 640x400, tartarus61.png)

3097486

File: 1424558809371.png (9.49 KB, 125x70, sweetiepeek2.png)

>>3097454
It's watching...

Awesome eel 3097518

>>3097454
It's obvious spike cannot dig that fast anyways now, observe the bird and prepare for retaliation and keep some branches in hands just in case, to create a defensive torch.

Anonymous 3097706

Quick question
Can spike do anything besides walk left or right?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3098394

>>3097706
...Yes? He's done more than that in pretty much every picture thus far.

Anonymous 3098702

>>3098394
I mean will anything happen if we stay here as opposed to going elsewhere?
So far we know the bird kills spike, fire doesn't seem to bother it, and digging seems out. Should we keep trying stuff here or try going somewhere else? Is that how quest games work? If nothing is happening go to a different place and try again?
sorry I suck at explaining things/these games

3099579

File: 1424596034894.png (30.94 KB, 400x400, sweetie490.png)

>>3098702
Quest games are about finding the right key for the right hole. That purply is probably a key of some sort (metaphorically). Now we're attempting to determine which key the OP wants us to still in this bird's hole. It is possible we do not have it yet. It is possible we do. We have attempted keys: leave and come back, sneak up, throw burning twig, dig.

I would like to again mention the bird is now aware of us. This is usually a sign that we should leave or we will be killed again.

Anonymous 3099731

>>3099579
ah, okay
I think I get it now
one more question (I'm almost sure I know the answer but I just want to check)
there is no level grinding in quest games? right?

3099789

File: 1424601230109.png (94.2 KB, 316x378, sweetie92.png)

>>3099731
Not usually. Quest for Glory had some.

Anonymous 3099830

>>3099789
so find low level enimes to beat on and leveling up spike 5 or 6 times then coming back and giving the bird a thrashing isn't entirely out of the question?

3099833

File: 1424602036350.png (65.4 KB, 226x255, sweetie118.png)

>>3099830
Naw, that's not really how it works. I doubt we have a level. If we can hoard enough stuff, we might get to turn into a full grown dragon though.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3099835

>>3099833
let us go find things to pick up!

Anonymous 3099847

>>3099833
>>3099835
alright then
let pick up all the things

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3101742

File: 1424647220451.png (6.69 KB, 640x400, tartarus62.png)

3101768

>>3101742

ask the buzzard nicely for the skull and bones and stuff

3101786

>>3101768

from a distance. i saw what happened when you got too closeam

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3101895

File: 1424649329876.jpg (110.34 KB, 894x893, fluttershy_the_train_conducter…)

>>3101742
let's take the hint an move on.

Anonymous 3101956

>>3101768
>>3101786
I suppose being nice and asking could work but I don't really think the bird wants to be bothered

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3101969

>>3101956
also we tried to burn it

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 3102263

File: 1424656402180.png (585.45 KB, 894x894, Sweetie gotta go fast.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3105380

>>3102229
>>3102263

Please vote for something.

I don't want to be more of the >no fun allowed guy than usual, but we've wasted enough time already this past week.

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 3105403

File: 1424731033709.jpg (54.43 KB, 274x366, Princess Spike.jpg)

>>3105380
Go find out what's over to the right!

Leave that big ugly bird alone.

3105413

File: 1424731162676.png (263.76 KB, 945x934, sweetie592.png)

>>3105380
I had been crippled by being blamed for Pinkie's death. I am a very special snowflake sir, and must be treated gently, least I melt into a puddle of little white goo. But since you asked me nicely, I will attempt to steer us away from this stalemate. All praise Nightmare New Moon.

Go right. Twice even. I bet there's something cool over there. Or at least a brand new chimney to stick our heads in.

Anonymous 3105694

File: 1424738292084.jpg (24.13 KB, 500x500, (ツ).jpg)

>>3105380
I thought it was implied to go right when we wanted to find things to pick up
but okay
go to the right
but before you do that tell the bird of your intention to return and claim the purple thing for your own

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3105732

>>3105694
yup

We will go right scouring the wasteland for nick nacks

Anonymous 3108342

>>3105732
keep as eye out for snow globes
I hear a rich industrialist will pay good money for them

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3108926

File: 1424824710550.png (5.55 KB, 640x400, tartarus63.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3108927

File: 1424824727262.png (14.11 KB, 640x400, tartarus64.png)

Awesome eel 3108986

>>3108927
check the shack but before going in, take a small rock and throw it on the wall, if something dangerous is in there, we would have the option to retreat. Maintain a solid 7 meter before throwing a little object on it's wall. The local fauna is very hostile, you can't never be too cautious.

Anonymous 3109143

>>3108927
hey look
lots of gears
take the gears
we must get those gears inside spike's inventory

3110207

File: 1424847100812.jpg (5.23 KB, 160x154, sweetie398.jpg)

>>3108927
We are looking at a bridge and a small building. Now, I guarantee you, that bridge is not working. Something is missing. Power, a gear, a level... No adventure game contains a working bridge that I don't need to fix. So let's go look in the shed and hope it doesn't belong to Fluttershy.

Anonymous 3111918

>>3108986
>>3110207
I propose taking a close look at the mechanism
Perhaps spike can lower the bridge without going into the shack
Look for a rope or chain attached to a counterweight

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3112606

File: 1424912264912.png (4.08 KB, 640x400, tartarus65.png)

Anonymous 3112643

File: 1424913588547.jpg (35.16 KB, 640x400, tmp_14416--393620252.jpeg)

>>3112606
time to get things

Awesome eel 3112747

>>3112606
Can we do an intelligence check to determine the purpose of the objects inside ? Also, close and lock the door before looting, we don't want to get jumped on from behind by surprise.

3113240

File: 1424926115116.png (264.29 KB, 602x602, sweetie576.png)

What's on the table?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Beating Thony to it) 3113824

>>3112643
Can we get a inventory of what these things are?

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 3113859

Bridge is missing crank handle, bird has crank handle. Something in the hut can probably get the bird to piss off.

If the bird flips its shit maybe we can hide in the hut? Like, if we set its nest on fire, that could make it leave... but maybe not before raging out and trying to kill Spike. So... if a viable "ruin-the-nest" strategy manifests, maybe we can shelter in the hut until the bird gives up on vengeance.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3115199

File: 1424980813285.png (4.39 KB, 640x400, tartarus66.png)

Anonymous 3115582

>>3115199
what's in the thermos
and
what is the black thing behind spike

Anonymous 3115690

>>3115582
on second thought leave the thermos alone
it probably have something rotten in it (seeing how the meat(?) is bad)

Awesome eel 3115693

>>3115199
Acquire the meat, the bird is probably an opportunist carnivorous and would latch on the meat as bait. We could trap the bait to eliminate the bird and steal his feather for arrow making purpose ? Any kind of meat might be inedible for us as we eat minerals anyways. The thermos could always be useful to storage in water. How is our thirst ?

Also, get the lancet from the shoes for knot and trap purpose.

Awesome eel 3115727

>>3115693
I mean, lasso cord thingy from the shoe.

Anonymous 3115789

>>3115727
are you talking about an aglet?

3116633

File: 1425015045034.png (205.66 KB, 365x346, sweetie.png)

>>3115693
Get meat, thermos, shoes, stool and anything else not nailed down.

Anonymous 3116805

>>3116633
don't forget the plate

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3118109

File: 1425056569004.png (4.77 KB, 640x400, tartarus67.png)

3118249

File: 1425058975135.png (38.84 KB, 174x181, Sweetie299.png)

>>3118109
Leave the room and check the thermos out. I don't want to die because we released noxious gases in an enclosed space.

I'm on to you...

Anonymous 3118362

>>3118249
>die because we released noxious gases
that gives me a idea
try opening thermos and roll it down the slope by the bird
that should take care of the bird once and for all

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 3118644

Let's not bother the bird anymore please.

Not until we have a vorpal sword or an assault rifle or something.

We should walk up to the gearbox, to see if we can scroll enough to see the other side of the bridge.

3118699

File: 1425070113603.png (227.6 KB, 550x525, sweetiebum.png)

>>3118644
It's not going to work. We need to beat the bird. The wouldn't be a bridge there if we didn't need to fix it. It would just be a path.

Anonymous 3118903

>>3118699
why fix the bridge when breaking the mechanism holding it up will serve the same purpose, with the added benefit that someone else can't come along and raise the bridge while spike is on the other side
>>3118644
this too
the bird wants to be left alone I say we let it alone
and looking to see what's on the other side just makes sense

Awesome eel 3119351

>>3118109
Is there a key in there ? We could lock the door to create some safe house in case we run in trouble, we don't want random fauna roaming in now do we ?

If there is no key, I say we examine the bridge mechanism, we as the viewer are aware but from spike perspective, I'm not sure he's 'aware' of the lever purple thing on the bird nest.

Also, quick question, are we as the audience participating in, some random voices/thought in Spike head from his POV?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3119689

File: 1425090644657.png (6.8 KB, 640x400, tartarus68.png)

>>3119351
>Also, quick question, are we as the audience participating in, some random voices/thought in Spike head from his POV?

Interesting question. It actually depends on the quest. For instance, in most quests (including Spike's Inferno and Ponkquest), you guys are conflicting aspects of the main character's personality; in The Secret of Zonkey Island, it's the same sort of idea, but spread across the three CMC's, so it flows a bit better (and opens opportunities for conflicts within the party). However, in Twilight's quest (affectionate surname: Gurrein Nagann), it's an actual plot point that you guys are something more than just schizophrenia and, in fact, are actually strengthening your party by interacting with them.

>>3118644
>>3118903

Anonymous 3120507

>>3119689
attempt to climb the bridge

Awesome eel 3120531

>>3119689
Open the thermos and check if it's empty.

3120606

File: 1425109672864.png (22.97 KB, 135x150, sweetie453.png)

>>3119689
Oh look. We need to fix the bridge. Snicker >>3110207
I'd be more interested in your CMC one if I didn't know you'd be slaughtering them off left and right. I can barely deal with it happening to Spike.

>>3120531
Yes, please examine the thermos.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3123293

File: 1425176420927.png (5.71 KB, 640x400, tartarus69.png)

>>3120606
>you
I have killed nobody of my own volition since the disastrously-received (for that exact reason, actually) PQ3. I merely interpret and execute your instructions; any blood spilled as a result is on the hands of the players who voted for it.


>>3120531
>>3120606

Anonymous 3123423

>>3123293
>I merely interpret
>blood spilled
>hands of the players
that rationalization
anyway
take a sip of the tea

3124015

File: 1425192323205.png (148.87 KB, 703x1136, sweetie502.png)

>>3123423
Eww, why? Let's go throw our meat at the bird instead. We'll distract it and get the crank and we can lower the bridge, because the bird clearly has it. It's somewhere, there are only two screens available, and it isn't here. Therefore, the bird has it.

Anonymous 3124259

>>3124015
>Eww, why?
have you never has kombucha?
it's tasty and good for you
>throw our meat at the bird
>distract it
something about throwing stinky meat seems like a bad idea
I'd be rather pissed is someone did that to me

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3124612

>>3124015
I like this idea, if only we could poison the meat somehow.

Awesome eel 3125348

>>3124612
Maybe it's already poisonous because it's rotten lol.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3125637

File: 1425238296023.png (5.12 KB, 640x400, tartarus70.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3125638

File: 1425238309454.png (5.72 KB, 640x400, tartarus71.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3125641

File: 1425238329812.png (5.8 KB, 640x400, tartarus72.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3125659

>>3125641
grab the skull and the purple

Anonymous 3125683

>>3125641
now go wash your hands

3125946

File: 1425242874880.png (58.71 KB, 140x229, sweetie483.png)

>>3125659
Then look in the nest for hidden goodies.

Anonymous 3126000

>>3125946
and risk a bunch of hatchlings pecking spike to pieces
no thank you
grab a branch from the tree, light it on fire, and throw it in the nest

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3126035

File: 1425244452101.jpg (87.51 KB, 960x638, news_19191_n[1].jpg)

I want come back looking something like this.

"see? totally not evil"

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 3127348

> burn the nest of the bird that can one-shot us if we piss it off

yeah, uh, I'd rather take on the hatchlings. Just run up and grab the purple. And the skull for armor+

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3127994

File: 1425306866195.png (4.81 KB, 640x400, tartarus73.png)

Anonymous 3128562

>>3127994
okay now get out of there before the bird returns or something in the nest comes alive or a stray meteor falls from the sky
under no circumstances should spike look inside the nest, enter the nest, take anything from the nest, use the nest as a place for a nap, or attempt to take any bones from around the surrounding area
run away quickly, leaving a trail of urine, if appropriate

3128647

File: 1425325197468.jpg (48.69 KB, 800x600, sweetie402.jpg)

>>3128562
Nap in nest? Hum... you might have something there.

Lisbon!EZSlut7tis 3128700

NAP IN NEST

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3128873

>>3128562
yes

but no trails of urine. We don't want to get tracked. Besides, We might need that pee.
>>3128647
>>3128700
no

3129237

File: 1425336972430.png (39.54 KB, 149x191, sweetie486.png)

>>3128873
>but no trails of urine. We don't want to get tracked. Besides, We might need that pee.
We could pee in the thermos to save it.

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 3129270

File: 1425337584638.png (462.33 KB, 1280x720, Spike scared.png)

>>3128647
>>3128700
Yeah we're not trying to play baby bird here and get fed that rotten shitty meat. Run like fuck before the bird notices you stole its favorite bridge crank.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3130248

File: 1425354910543.png (5.66 KB, 640x400, tartarus74.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3130270

>>3130248
examine the handle of the crank so we know what hole it goes in. We don't want to break it.

Also, put on the skull.

Anonymous 3130377

>>3130270
closely check the hole also
ensure it is free of debris
also check for damage to corrosion
find and review the operators manual
and don't forget to wear appropriate safety gear

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3130394

>>3130377
Come to think of it that bird might be a trained instructor. We should ask it for lessons.

3131385

File: 1425395064554.jpg (22.4 KB, 479x466, sweetie185.jpg)

I would like to look down the bridge hole. What's down there? Is it a river? Maybe we can see what we're looking for.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3132055

>>3131385
oh man I forgot about the river.

3132074

File: 1425413692556.png (106.08 KB, 420x433, sweetiehasahood.png)

>>3132055
At least we have something to put the water in now.
a skull

Anonymous 3132235

>>3132074
I wonder if the nest would have held water
or could it float
if it could float spike could use the nest to travel down the river
and since civilizations usually build near water spike would likely find someone to interact with
but I guess we'll never know
it's not like anything else close by could be used as a raft
and I highly doubt the bird would give up it's home so readily
let's just lower the bridge and hope nothing comes running across to kill spike

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3132389

File: 1425420100764.png (15.15 KB, 640x400, tartarus75.png)

3132418

File: 1425420835240.png (54.23 KB, 213x237, sweetie11.png)

>>3132389
Look over cliff

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3132436

File: 1425421546272.png (1.84 KB, 163x141, Untitled.png)

>>3132389
OP is mean to me

Anonymous 3132825

>>3132389
is spike okay?
he's talking to inanimate to objects and he seems to be annoyed
perhaps a bit of rest will help him feel better

go inside the shack and get some sleep before sleep deprived hallucination begin and spike tries to hug some of the local fauna, mistaking it for rarity, and gets mauled to death

Awesome eel 3132917

>>3132389
crank the lever to lower down the bridge in a slow fashion while checking your back each 15 seconds.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3133006

File: 1425434187621.jpg (105.64 KB, 1024x768, the_stare__colored__by_raikoh_…)

>>3132825
Anon, I think there's something wrong with your computer. Everyone else's posts look normal, but when I read yours, all I see is "Please, Inept, make this game more difficult! Introduce more, bigger, stronger enemies. Have Spike start randomly losing items from his inventory. In fact, why don't you inflict some status conditions on him, too? I really want to see Spike die some more!"

You might want to get that looked at.

Awesome eel 3133063

>>3133006
I guess we're just kinda paranoid at this point, Pinkie Pie death was a bit out of the blue, ya know what I mean ?

We're playing like it was XCOM longwar ironman impossible or a very hard DDO session now where any mistake kills you, funnily enough.

Anonymous 3133072

>>3133006
I feel there's a message somewhere in this post but thanks to my malfunctioning computer all I see here is 'I'M GONNA KILL SPIKE, AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME'

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3133522

File: 1425447444750.gif (928.5 KB, 1280x720, 143309-animated-pinkie_pie-sad…)

>>3133072
That's what you took away from that? Anon, I'm hurt. I was just trying to playfully imply that instructions such as yours could have consequences, and you make me out to be the bad guy. Not cool.

3133563

File: 1425448744470.png (57.66 KB, 209x278, sweetie68.png)

>>3132825
If we're going to sleep, I think the nest is our best bet. We should have taken it with us. Let's reload and Get nest.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3133567

Let's just lower the bridge and then go hide in the shed.

We can get the shoes while we're there.

3133573

File: 1425448976674.png (14.87 KB, 140x107, sweetie173.png)

>>3133567
I got them already. They were boots.

Awesome eel 3133593

>>3132074
We could always use the thermos.

3133596

File: 1425449637113.png (170.42 KB, 369x407, sweetie570.png)

>>3133593
That was the joke

Awesome eel 3133613

>>3133596
We could eat the thermos too.

3133620

File: 1425450152318.png (98.68 KB, 264x390, sweetie3.png)

>>3133613
If we need to eat, the pony-murderer will let us know. Eating needlessly is a great way to find an unwinnable situation (KQ3, KQ5, QfG1)

Awesome eel 3133711

>>3133620
That's a bit harsh of you, dark ending or a bit of tragedy is often fun.

Anonymous 3133746

>>3133522
after what happened with pinkie in the last game I've become very leery of your interpretations (there were so many other tings that could have happened), but I also want to have some fun
given that, I often make glaringly horrible suggestions or absolutely inane observations (not to be confused with the knowledge I lack about quest games, but I am learning) that no one else is likely to take seriously

3133789

File: 1425456090687.png (264.29 KB, 602x602, sweetie576.png)

>>3133711
What? He murders ponies. This is known. There's a conversation about it going on around us right now. How would you feel if he killed an eel?

Awesome eel 3133794

File: 1425456255642.png (972.66 KB, 1000x2200, xcom_box_strat_intensified_by_…)

>>3133789
Amused as it would be a nice cameo or a cool author shoulder nab.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3134979

File: 1425495959023.png (5.11 KB, 640x400, tartarus76.png)

>>3133620
>If we need to eat, the pony-murderer will let us know.
You will? Good to know. See, guys? Everything's under control.

>>3132917
>>3133567

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3134984

File: 1425496004117.png (4.28 KB, 640x400, tartarus77.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3134992

File: 1425496139539.png (5.38 KB, 640x400, tartarus78.png)

>>3134984

Oh, by the way, the bridge crank is no longer in your inventory. I know it seems kind of obvious, but I might as well make sure you guys are aware of that since I didn't do it anywhere else.

3135163

File: 1425500398766.png (487.28 KB, 924x982, sweetie614.png)

>>3134992
Run right.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3135392

>>3134992
Fucking run

Anonymous 3135401

>>3134992
the birdy is coming to thank spike for the food
wait for it to show up and give it a big hug

Awesome eel 3136316

>>3134992
It seems we have two immediate option, hide in that little building and close the door with the risk of siege and 'starvation' from the bird presence or quickly cross the bridge. I'm assuming that the bird want that crank back for his nest do to it's possessive nature.

Hiding may avoid getting us killed but it might recreate the situation we previously were in as the bird might snatch the crank again.

I'd say we cross it, burn the boots and hold it in our hand for a defensive purpose if necessary. We cannot be harmed by fire/lava, might as well make the most use of it. Remove boots cords thingy before burning the boots.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3136392

Also put on the skull, it might give us extra protection.

>>3136316
I see no need to burn our boots.
We might need them.

If worst comes to worst we can fend the bird of with our fire.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3136607

File: 1425525378595.png (4.19 KB, 640x400, tartarus79.png)

Thug eel 3136632

>>3136607
It might be a more tenacious bird than anticipated, keep moving fast and look for landmark/shelter.

Also, turn each 20 to keep track of the bird position in case it is pursuing us. Id possible, break our line of sight with that thing.

3136636

File: 1425526385107.png (487.28 KB, 924x982, sweetie614.png)

>>3136607
Run right.

Anonymous 3137069

>>3136607
is spike seriously going to land on one foot?
I don't see this ending well
spike is in very real danger of muscular strains, ligamentous sprains, localized tissue damage, Achilles tendonitis, Sever’s Disease, stress fractures
not to mention problems of the knee/hip/back
also taking into account his normally low activity level he will be experiencing DOMS very soon

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3137334

File: 1425541846254.png (4.98 KB, 640x400, tartarus80.png)

>>3137069
>is spike seriously going to land on one foot?
What? It's a running animation.

>>3136632
>>3136636

Anonymous 3137345

>>3137334
>It's a running animation
oh, I was a little concerned
looks like everything worked out okay

is that a castle is the distance?

Anonymous 3137547

>>3137334
What the bloody hell is that thing just ahead?

3137574

File: 1425547829093.png (585.45 KB, 894x894, gofast.png)

>>3137547
It appears to be Sonic the Hedgehog

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3139626

File: 1425607833365.png (86.38 KB, 1278x655, anniversary.png)

No consensus yet, but since I'm here, I have a bit of an announcement:

This Saturday (March 7) is the two-year anniversary of Pony's Quest. In recognition of that, I'd like to do something special. So, I'm going to be spending the entire day running a brand-new, never-before-seen quest on 4chan's /mlp/.

No, I'm not abandoning you guys, but this board is very slow compared to /mlp/, so a celebration here wouldn't really have the same amount of participation that I'd like for a big all-day event to have. Besides, for better or worse, /mlp/ is where Pony's Quest was born; I can't just ignore that.

That being said, if any of you guys want to participate, you're certainly welcome to - that's why I'm giving you a heads-up now. The thread will be posted on Saturday at around 1pm EST and will run until I go to bed at some absurd hour on Sunday night-morning. I won't have my trip on since it might bring up some bad memories; if the day goes well enough to warrant future installments and if nobody recognizes my artstyle by some fluke, I might bring it up, but for the time being I'd appreciate if we could keep that on the down-low. >inb4 Streisand effect

Once more, I'm not leaving this board. I'll be here to check on this quest a few times through the day like usual, and even if the /mlp/ thread goes well and they want me to make more, I doubt it'll be something I do as frequently as I used to. So don't worry.

I hope Saturday goes well and that at least some of you guys can be a part of it!

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 3139824

>>3139626

Thanks. <3

>


Steal sanic's rings then you can go fast more.

Anonymous 3139904

File: 1425611720503.png (128.19 KB, 1024x1024, scootscoot444.png)

hotbox the scootastank

-(。ヘ°)/ -(。ヘ°)/ 3140859

>>3139904
-(。ヘ°)/

Anonymous 3142881

where is everybody?
is OP leaving us?

Anonymous 3142899

>>3142881
OP's gonna be super busy running a similar thing tomorrow and probably didn't feel like doing it today.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3142992

>>3142899

...I have nothing to do right now. Nobody has voted for anything.

Anonymous 3143013

>>3142992
Examine that Earthworm Jim-looking motherfucker up ahead. The thing with the blue and the pink.

Preferably without getting closer.

Anonymous 3143103

>>3143013
do this
what is the thing?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3143190

File: 1425694096916.png (20.61 KB, 640x400, tartarus81.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3143195

File: 1425694164211.png (6.55 KB, 405x329, anatomy of an 8-bit glue facto…)

Here's a handy dandy guide if you're having trouble seeing it.

Anonymous 3143252

>>3143190
>>3143195
if spike tried to sneak pass it it's not going to go resident evil on him, is it?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3143258

>>3143195
Let's wear it as a hat

Anonymous 3143429

Maybe we could walk a little into the foreground so we could go around it safely.

3143525

File: 1425700279883.png (117.78 KB, 1024x744, sweetie540.png)

>>3143195
Stop
killing
ponies!

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3144308

File: 1425715437192.png (4.35 KB, 640x400, tartarus82.png)

Anonymous 3144361

>>3144308
give the poor deceased pony last rights so it doesn't become a zombie and chase after spike

3144395

File: 1425717891211.jpg (31.92 KB, 434x393, sweetie508.jpg)

In quest games, it's customary to search dead bodies for lootz. But I don't know where a pony would keep her lootz. Seems weird to have her there for no reasons though.

In Space Quest 2, after the ape-men crash and die, if you type 'Fuck Dead Body' you get a special message.

Anonymous 3144445

>>3144395
>In quest games, it's customary to search dead bodies
(´・︹ ・` )
that's just ghoulish
>In Space Quest 2...
(;° ロ°)
I don't think I like quest games now

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3145239

File: 1425753556946.png (197.36 KB, 450x338, LyraHeartstringsPlush[1].png)

3145259

File: 1425753847499.gif (183.25 KB, 600x450, story744.gif)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3145288

File: 1425754233191.png (570.86 KB, 1000x563, smartass.png)

>>3144395
>But I don't know where a pony would keep her lootz.

Probably the same place Spike keeps his.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3145294

>>3145288
At the top of the screen?

Anonymous 3145481

>>3145259
Yes, Toybox. The wolf.

>>3145288
Where do inventories go when they die?

3146315

File: 1425766875055.png (189.31 KB, 666x711, sweetie220.png)

Welp, whatever. Horrible place, dead ponies. Go right?

Anonymous 3146351

all these new posts and still no new picture
has OP forsaken us?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3146428

>>3146351
>all these new posts
And only 2 of them are votes - for different things, no less:

>>3144361
>>3146315

That's out of about 10 posts since the last pic. I'd say the players are the ones doing the forsaking, not me.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3146568

Check if alive. If not look for loot and continue.

Also put on the skull. We need head protection if we're going to scale that small ledge

>>3146428
we're discussing

Anonymous 3146587

>>3146428
do both then
the logical conclusion of >>3144361 would be >>3146315

>>3146315

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3146656

>>3146587
>do both then

Normally I would, but those 2 commands are different enough that they warrant 2 separate slides, and I'm kind of lazy.

Also, there's a third option now: >>3146568.


Screw it, let's just do a tiebreaker. It's not like any of the present options will kill you, so we might as well just decide on one and move on. Any takers?

Friendly reminder that you can change your votes, which can change the outcome of a round in multiple says, say by agreeing with someone else's vote during a deadlock or by negating someone's vote with an opposing action if you think the current course of action will end badly.

Anonymous 3146714

>>3146656
this is why I don't like voting
there are three good options (all of which could be combined) that will all lead to the same immediate end result (moving to the next area)
easy way to combine them with one picture would be show spike in the next area to the right, spike mentions feeling bad for the pony :-( and putting the corpse in a respectful pose/ritualistic disposing saw item and note saying that item is for someone and is very important, spike decides to deliver item, and the game continues in the new scene
just my two cents

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3146762

>>3146656
I want to know if the pony is dead first.

I would be king of awkward to be rummaging in their... inventory when they wake up

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3146928

File: 1425778441153.png (7.41 KB, 640x400, tartarus83.png)

>>3146762
Screw it, good enough.

>>3144395
>>3146568

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3146954

>>3146928
take the coins. I don't know what we'll do with money in hell but whatever.
What are the other items? Jewelery and a bag of groceries?

Awesome eel 3146963

>>3146928
Take the amulet, the rest seems to be useless extra baggage.

Anonymous 3146969

>>3146928
necklace, bits, and a mystery box
To do list:
wear necklace
take bits
open mystery box
dispose of corpse
try to figure out what the black thing to the right is

Anonymous 3146996

>>3146954
>I don't know what we'll do with money in hell
ferryman on the river styx

Awesome eel 3147049

>>3146928
Give the corpse a viking funerals, show some respect to the dead.

Put two bits on her/his eyes, snatch so twigs and make a *bad* wooden pillar to burn.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3147149

>>3147049
>teleport a dead body to celestia
That's one way to send a message.

Awesome eel 3147152

>>3147149
Hey, it might work !

Anonymous 3147234

take the stuff and do >>3147049

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3147260

where will we get twigs?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3147459

File: 1425785969996.png (5.82 KB, 640x400, tartarus84.png)

I think 4chan is broken again.

>>3146954
>>3146963
>>3146969
>>3147234

Anonymous 3147475

>>3147459
I guess spike can't do anything with the pony cadaver
Let's examine the black thing

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3147623

File: 1425788906567.png (3.09 KB, 270x270, Untitled.png)

>>3147475
We need to get up the ledge first. We should wear something hard to wear on our head first. Wouldn't want to hurt ourselves.

3149306

File: 1425830807382.png (136.52 KB, 418x472, sweetie254.png)

>>3147475
This, I guess

Anonymous 3149625

>>3149306
there doesn't seem much else to be done (save going right, but that's inevitable)
I was thinking spike could get some good karma by taking care of the former pony in a proper/reverent manner (skelepony is likely watching spike) to act as testament to spike's character but that option is apparently nonexistent
question, I'm I over thinking stuff relative to a quest game?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3149816

File: 1425844156890.png (20.4 KB, 640x400, tartarus85.png)

>>3147475
>>3149306
>>3149625

If I'm as bad at expressing pathos as I think I am, then what I'm trying to get across is that Spike is like eight.

3149894

File: 1425847931894.png (261.05 KB, 2879x2797, sweetie517.png)

>>3149816
Look in tree stump. There must be a reason for its existence. Perhaps it houses more horse meat to loot.

Anonymous 3149916

>>3149816
>bad at expressing pathos
I had to lookup what pathos is, so it's likely my fault
>>3149894
sounds good
maybe combine the tree stump with the pony and that tinder box
should make a decent pyre

Awesome eel 3150133

>>3149816
I'm sure spike has some funerals knowledge given how much he's usually surrounded by books in the library but maybe he'd convince himself that he doesn't have time for this and move right.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3150150

>>3150133
Lets not forget that it's probobly not a good idea to tamper with what could be a crime scene.

Granted we did steal all her shit, but this is a survival situation!

Anonymous 3150243

>>3150150
are crimes even investigated in hell

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3150267

>>3150243
I don't know, In MLP Tartarus is more like a max security prison then hell though.

Anonymous 3150324

>>3150267
I guess will find out when spike gets back to skelington pony guy

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3151507

File: 1425875268267.png (6.52 KB, 640x400, tartarus86.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3151511

>>3151507
Get down!

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 3151561

>>3151507
well this blows

Anonymous 3151583

>>3151507
I can't tell which way the wind is blowing so I'm just going to go with >>3151511

3151919

File: 1425880703733.png (93.4 KB, 343x345, sweetie132.png)

I think we're ok for now. Let's stay close to the ground and move forward, in case the wind throws more pony corpses at us.

Awesome eel 3152418

>>3151507
crawl until the wind ease up.

Silver Strength!TwiDasH7n2 3152694

From where the pony died, the wind is probably blowing rightwards. Spike could lick his claw to check.

We probably want to take shelter behind the tree stump until it dies down again.

3153511

File: 1425938041438.png (79.17 KB, 348x269, sweetiepeek.png)

>>3152694
I think it's blowing leftwards and she got thrown through a tree.

Anonymous 3153761

>>3151507
with wind that strong spike needs to get into a shelter
gut the pony and crawl inside for safety

Anonymous 3154199

>>3153761
this was a joke
don't count it toward the next picture

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3154333

File: 1425956886019.png (6.69 KB, 640x400, tartarus87.png)

Awesome eel 3154373

>>3154333
Stick into the sharp angle thing and maybe dig a bit to create a kind of protection.

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 3154377

The blood trail left by the pony's corpse was to the right of it, so it must have flown from the right and slid down to the left. Be careful in this wind. Is it changing speed, or is it pretty much constant?

Anonymous 3154558

>>3154333
try to use the eddies to your advantage
and be careful of the tree
the previous tree stump seems to imply the fate of the blue pony
>>3154373
good idea

3154587

File: 1425960523709.png (109.11 KB, 900x607, sweetie454.png)

Idea! Let's burn the tree down before it impales us. We can hide in the little hole place while we do it.

Anonymous 3154737

>>3154587
seems a bit dangerous but it will remove the tree as a potentially fatal obstacle
and maybe be some strange chance a burning branch may land next to the ex-pony and dispose of the body
a plan is taking shape quickly and I approve of it

3154949

File: 1425968106666.png (203.11 KB, 1024x1302, sweetie467.png)

...
why do we have a tinderbox? We're Spike.

Anonymous 3154967

>>3154949
for trade with someone else at a later time
or
to make fires because spike's breath is for teleporting things to princess celestia only
or
cause spike is a dragon and dragons hoard things

3154971

File: 1425968966047.png (106.72 KB, 900x437, sweetie431.png)

What's in the locket?
We should open it.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3155260

>>3154971
not here, if it's a piece of paper or something it will blow away

Anonymous 3156263

>>3154967
what if we acquired a few more things and then grew big

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 3156509

>>3156263

I can't imagine this having anything but a bad ending.

We might get a game over if we put too much in our inventory, guys.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3156725

File: 1426028968060.png (6.44 KB, 640x400, tartarus88.png)

3156731

File: 1426029054790.png (5.66 KB, 640x400, tartarus89.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3156741

Anonymous 3156746

>>3156731
try to light the tree on fire as it passes overhead

3156791

File: 1426029795427.png (5.36 KB, 640x400, tartarus90.png)

Anonymous 3156853

>>3156791
proceed to the right

Anonymous 3157222

>>3156853
Hell-to-the-no! Wait for the wind to die down. Or at least wait a bit, and only continue if it looks like it's never going to die down.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3157255

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3158100

File: 1426048905142.png (6.02 KB, 640x400, tartarus91.png)

3158207

File: 1426052722665.jpg (17.09 KB, 400x380, sweetie428.jpg)

>>3158100
We don't have a choice. There's nothing back there but dead horse and angry birds. Continue. Keep low to the ground. Don't get blown back.

Anonymous 3158442

>>3158207
keep pressing forward
you can do it spike
>There's nothing back there but dead horse and angry birds.
not really the time to worry about this but how will spike get back to the skeleton guy?
there's a pissed off bird and a bridge that's not all the way down that we'll have to deal with eventually

Awesome eel 3158869

>>3158100
retreat, the angle is way to sharp to assail up, especially with that kind of wind.

3159153

File: 1426086341263.png (925.75 KB, 786x1022, sweetiebellecolor.png)

>>3158869
Very well. There is the possibility the tree has opened a new path for us. I had wondered why the bridge didn't fully descend. Perhaps the tree is now wedged in the gap, giving us the means to climb down. Let us see where the tree ended up.

Anonymous 3159454

>>3159153
interesting, an object from the environment effecting the world
is this a normal quest game mechanic?
let's go see what happened

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3160490

File: 1426117687439.png (6.34 KB, 640x400, tartarus92.png)

>>3158869
>>3159153
>>3159454

Yes, Anon, environmental changes can affect the game world.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3160491

File: 1426117725582.png (4 KB, 640x400, tartarus93.png)

>>3160490

But not this time.

Anonymous 3160626

>>3160491
unless the wind has suddenly stopped I can't see any way to continue to the right

did spike ever look under the bridge
maybe there's a different path down there

Awesome eel 3160630

>>3160491
The only thing we can do in this scene is to attempt to close in the bridge or down. I don't think he has the strength to move the tree anyways to use it's weight to close down the bridge permanently. Maybe the wind will raise up the bridge in time ?

Look at what is 'under' the bridge.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3160698

One the bright side, we can make a pyre now.

3160752

File: 1426123144914.png (200.78 KB, 419x377, sweetie286.png)

Anonymous 3160791

Skeleton Horse wanted water from the river. Is the river perhaps beneath the bridge? We've got a nasty-ass thermos to put it in, if we can get down to reach...

Like, say, if it's not tooo far down, maybe we could wedge the tree in that gap and climb carefully down the tree to scoop water from the river.

>>3160630
>>3160752
Yes, let's look under the bridge.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3161411

File: 1426137137060.png (15.4 KB, 640x400, tartarus94.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3161413

File: 1426137153928.png (21.91 KB, 640x400, tartarus95.png)

3161414

File: 1426137292592.jpg (42.58 KB, 600x514, sweeite232.jpg)

>>3161413
Is there anything in that locket, while we have a minute?

Awesome eel 3161424

>>3161414
We could just melt that locked but at the risk of destroying the content that is inside.

Anonymous 3161475

>>3161414
sure
why not
but first move away from the cliff/bridge area
just a skosh

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3163477

File: 1426205593482.png (4.29 KB, 640x400, tartarus96.png)

3163529

File: 1426206421399.png (135.95 KB, 311x372, sweetiederp.png)

>>3163477
Pendant, locket. Whatever. It's in your inventory, dumbie.

Anonymous 3163623

>>3163477
okay
examine the things that spike kifed from the lifeless pony
specifically the things that are not bits
that is to say the necklace looking thing and the tinder box looking thing
what I am seeking here is a bit more information on the items in question
something akin to a description (it doesn't have to be exhaustive in nature but enough to give an idea of how it could be used or who would value possessing it)
also (but rather unimportant) spikes thoughts about the items

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3168996

File: 1426358472283.png (6.82 KB, 640x400, tartarus97.png)

I could have sworn I posted this already...

>>3163529
>>3163623

3169219

File: 1426368013385.jpg (22.4 KB, 479x466, sweetie185.jpg)

>>3168996
Okay, how about the Boots? Maybe they're mountain climbing boots! Examine boots.

!idiotic5E2 3169450

Do
>>3160698
not sure it will help anything but it's worth a shot (provided the strong wind is being caused by the restless spirit of the blue pony)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3172322

Slow day, huh?

Rolling. If odd:
>>3169219

If even:
>>3169450

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3172328

>>3172322
Couldn't we do both, examine boots then build pyre?

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3172335

File: 1426463282436.png (12.97 KB, 640x400, tartarus98.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3172336

>>3172335
your suppose to put the body on it first :I

!idiotic5E2 3172411

>>3172322
even and dubs
now to see if this works

>>3172336
good point
is there still time to do that?

3173767

File: 1426500981083.png (60.73 KB, 500x500, sweetie262.png)

I see no obvious path forward, beyond attempting to climb the windy hill. That's my only vote/suggestion, but it's as liable to be the answer as whatever you're doing to that poor dead horse.

This is the part of quest games where we get stuck. The path forward is no longer obvious and we must try random things until we find what the author wants of us. I'm reminded of the time I needed to apply maple syrup to a piece of tape, then attach it to a hole in a fence. That way, when I shot the stray cat with the water bottle, some of his fur would tare off on the tape as he ran through the hole and I would be able to wear it as a fake mustache.

Lisbon!EZSlut7tis 3173857

Beat the dead horse, obviously!

Awesome eel 3174375

>>3160490
...

It looks a bit like Rarity.

Focus on your inner self and memories, try to remember !

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3174488

File: 1426529919190.png (7 KB, 640x400, tartarus99.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3174489

File: 1426529972930.png (6.22 KB, 640x400, tartarus100.png)

!idiotic5E2 3174648

>>3174375
this seems like a good next step
now take a moment for quiet reflection and introspection
think back on the departed in remembrance of their life
use this experience to strengthen your resolve and temper your mind and spirit
allow yourself to grieve and become strong
sorry I started to ramble for a minute

Skybrook!8MDcALmdno 3174664

inb4 she wakes up and starts hollering

3174722

File: 1426542388237.png (151.17 KB, 333x402, sweetie575.png)

I vote we climb the mountain

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3179803

...Where did everybody go? Did I miss something?

Okay, guess I'll roll.

If odd:
>>3174648

If even:
>>3174722

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3179854

File: 1426716087294.png (5.49 KB, 640x400, tartarus101.png)

!idiotic5E2 3180076

>>3179854
in retrospect maybe having spike watch a body get burnt wasn't such a good idea

let's just move on

though I really have no clue on what to do now

I guess wait for the wind to calm down? or try to fight the wind?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3180400

>>3180076
Lets examine the rest of our inventory in detail. Particularity the boots. Do they fit, what sort of boots are they?

3180530

File: 1426736126621.png (106.08 KB, 420x433, sweetiehasahood.png)

>>3179854
May her soul find peace. All praise Nightmare New Moon!

>>3180076
>>3180400
We never really tried to get up that hill. We just followed the tree back down. We might be able to just go up it.

Anonymous 3181794

>>3180400
seconding this.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3182004

File: 1426801021264.png (7 KB, 640x400, tartarus102.png)

>>3180400
>>3181794

>STATUS ANOMALY: TRAUMA


>Attack power lowered

>Obedience lowered
>Will wear off on its own eventually; can be fixed sooner with a healing item

Anonymous 3182070

Well, heavy iron shoes sound like just the thing for walking through a nasty wind.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3182086

>>3182070
>STATUS ANOMALY: TRAUMA
oops

Yes.
Put on the boots

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3182088

>>3182086
oh and try to climb the hill

!idiotic5E2 3182094

>>3182004
boots with horseshoes on the bottom
do they give a boost to spike's luck stat?

>STATUS ANOMALY: TRAUMA

is spike standing to close to the fire?
move away from the fire

3182096

File: 1426802811062.png (198.38 KB, 448x504, sweetie569.png)

>>3182094
I think it's because he's watching a pony burn. I bet that smells great too.

!idiotic5E2 3182126

>>3182096
>I think it's because he's watching a pony burn.
Oh, yeah...
I didn't think that one through
>I bet that smells great too.
I wonder if spike is getting hungry
His attack and obedience is lowered and it can be fix with healing items
maybe he just needs some food
is there anything around here for spike to eat?
search the area for food

3183140

File: 1426823343650.png (347.52 KB, 610x682, sweetie558.png)

>>3182126
.
.
...
...There's a cooked pony...

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3183261

>>3183140
I wonder if trauma effects are cumulative...

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3183355

File: 1426831226827.png (22.4 KB, 640x400, tartarus103.png)

3183705

File: 1426864017200.png (117.78 KB, 1024x744, sweetie540.png)

>>3183355
Way to advance the plot there, Spikie. Guess we're not done watching this dead horse crackle yet.

Awesome eel 3183767

>>3183261
darkest dungeon confirmed !

Awesome eel 3183783

>>3183355
Attempt to climb up the mountain with boots, maybe they are under spiked for that very purpose.

Awesome eel 3183785

...

We never used the 'examine' command did we ?

!idiotic5E2 3184140

>>3183705
the pony is nearly a pile of ash at this point
do you think the ashes will be useful later?
>>3183785
what's the examine command do?
also what commands can be used?

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3184213

>>3183355
Crouch and keep climbing,

>>3183785
we did with the boots.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3184579

File: 1426896383235.png (6.2 KB, 640x400, tartarus104.png)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3184580

File: 1426896396225.png (3.47 KB, 640x400, tartarus105.png)

Awesome eel 3184649

>>3184580
Examine water/ice, in front of our character but take a solid 1.4 meter of distance from the left.

!idiotic5E2 3184688

>>3184580
do some ice skating
that should help to take spike's mind off of the recent traumatic incident

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3184772

>>3184580
Cocytus?

3184787

File: 1426901453397.png (93.08 KB, 247x324, sweetie362.png)

>>3184580
That would appear to be ice. As our boots are very heavy, I suggest we abandon them and attempt to cross.

Anonymous 3184801

why would there be ice in hell?

Anonymous 3184818

File: 1426902637161.jpg (53.18 KB, 461x368, Gustave_Dore_Inferno34.jpg)

3184845

File: 1426903077247.png (143.96 KB, 630x360, sweetie468.png)

>>3184801
We're not in hell. We're in Tartarus.

Anonymous 3184848

>>3184787
You're not going to break ten feet of ice just wearing heavy shoes. Although I agree there's no need to keep wearing 'em.

Better figure out if it's water or ice first, though. Examine blue stuff!

Lisbon!EZSlut7tis 3184925

>>3184801

Plenty of cultures' hells are frigid instead of hot.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3184941

File: 1426905872599.jpg (72.95 KB, 650x539, inf.32.19.dore[1].jpg)

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3185402

File: 1426915413683.png (4.63 KB, 640x400, tartarus106.png)

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3185407

>>3185402
Who dat?

!idiotic5E2 3185452

>>3185402
wait, what?!
did someone just answer spike?
like someone sentient and sapient?
acknowledge the presence of...uh...
I don't know who, but at least it's better than dealing with giant monsters.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3185465

>>3185452
we hope

3185507

File: 1426919394857.png (429.48 KB, 841x735, sweetie287.png)

>>3185402
Defense!

Awesome eel 3185708

>>3185402
Investigate/respond to the voice, look at the location of the voice coming up.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3186477

File: 1426968090833.png (10.4 KB, 640x400, tartarus107.png)

Anonymous 3186634

>>3186477
We should probably keep staring.

3186733

File: 1426972925088.png (534.09 KB, 3970x4520, sweetie14.png)

>>3186477
Hello sir. I'm Spike the Dragon and I'm looking for the River of Lethe.

Anonymous 3186937

>>3186477
keep staring in awefull wonder, introduce yourself, and ask who you have the privilege of meeting

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3188233

File: 1427001827204.png (11.67 KB, 640x400, tartarus108.png)

3188300

File: 1427002496074.png (308.56 KB, 477x590, sweetie303.png)

Oh, thanks sir. I'll just melt me a little puddle and be on my way.

!idiotic5E2 3188375

>>3188300
I don't know if that's such a great idea.
I suspect that Mr. Arabus here is the one who froze the river.
A river that's in a desert.
If he has that kind of power maybe he can get spike out of tartarus.
Also I don't want to get on his bad side by ruining his handiwork.
Let's explain our plight and then go from there.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3188543

>>3188233
"ca meh muthafuckin jeezus
cause ah be walkin' ahn watta"

Awesome eel 3188580

>>3188233
Explain your objective to it and politely ask if you can bring back some of it by partially melting a bit and putting it in the thermos. If he react with hostility to this demand, suggest a bargain of a service you could do for him to earn the water you need for your quest.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3189814

>>3188580
isn't thermos filled with gross shit?

3189869

File: 1427057555928.png (226.02 KB, 526x732, sweetie40.png)

>>3189814
we'll dump it

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3189876

>>3189869
we should clean it out with something. Last thing we want is our evidence contaminated.

3189880

File: 1427057690850.jpg (96.76 KB, 447x484, sweetie285.jpg)

>>3189876
We'll rinse it in the river once we thaw it.

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3189904

>>3189880
alrighty

!idiotic5E2 3190104

>>3189814
isn't it just stale tea?
being in a thermos it's probably not bad

3190125

File: 1427063977044.gif (94.06 KB, 520x445, sweetie300.gif)

>>3190104
We want to put the river water in there.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3190758

File: 1427088332322.png (12.45 KB, 640x400, tartarus109.png)

3190770

File: 1427088929126.png (227.6 KB, 550x525, sweetiebum.png)

>>3190758
Well, I don't really have much. How about some boots? ...no... I guess you wouldn't need those. Let's see, I've got a plate, some coins, a pendant I fished out of some dead pony's plot...

!idiotic5E2 3190896

>>3190758
appeal to his emotions
offer to tell him the story of the most generous and beautiful mare aliv...uh...that ever existed
and how spike needs the water to find the truth in what happened
it'd also be neat if Arabus could somehow be convinced to join spike on him journey

Awesome eel 3191268

>>3190758
I don't know exactly what you need, you tell me !

The Person Who Posts As Fluttershy (Element of Self-descriptive Usernames) 3192121

>>3190758
how about a skull?

3192125

File: 1427145115410.png (57.02 KB, 230x246, sweetie168.png)

Just want to point out, this guy literally murdered a pony. He's not nice. Just wanted to throw that out there.

!idiotic5E2 3192153

>>3192125
what do you mean?
I haven't seen Arabus do anything of the sort

3192161

File: 1427146686557.png (122.67 KB, 365x277, sweetie19.png)

>>3192153
That little pony was blown off a mountain, through a tree, to her splattery death. Now who could have done that?

!idiotic5E2 3192190

>>3192161
that is a good point
but hardly proof that Arabus is the culprit and even if what you say did happen there's still intent

3192211

File: 1427148352412.png (240.42 KB, 499x518, sweetie366.png)

>>3192190
Also, point 2, we're in Tartarus. Everything here is evil.

Inept GM!SF8dPAJKnY 3192304

File: 1427150937651.png (11.92 KB, 640x400, tartarus110.png)

3192312

File: 1427151088911.png (54.64 KB, 165x262, sweetie21.png)

>>3192304
Ok, here. I have claimed it under the maritime laws of salvage.

!idiotic5E2 3192318

>>3192211
>Everything here is evil
Evil characters:
Spike
Flareon
Marekaria
Skelepony (what is his name)

3192323

File: 1427151252224.jpg (4.03 KB, 192x107, sweetie461.jpg)

>>3192318
Well we were a mistake and the rest are guards, though the jury is still out on Skelepony, whom I personally refer to as Bo'nar.

!idiotic5E2 3192326

>>3192304
show him to pendant

!idiotic5E2