Greetings, you fine connoisseurs of literature! My name is Figments, and I'm here to review your fanfiction. What does that mean? Well, let me give you a rundown of it: I go through your fic, scouring every nook and cranny for imperfections, and then come back to you with both suggestions and results, helping you along in this crazy world of pony fanfiction.
So, getting back to the subject, welcome to my review thread! Being an author myself, I know the problems faced with creating a story, so feel free to ask any question regarding such! I'm a bit more lenient than most other folks in terms of *coughs * language, general mishaps, and so on and so forth. That doesn't mean that I won't come down hard on your fic. When I do, that's generally because I want to see it as the best that it can be.
I do have a few requirements and preferences for reviewing, as follows:
1) Please read the sticky. It's the only hope for sailing these dangerous waters! That and us reviewers. *coughs * Moving on…
2) Please use this format when posting here: Title, Author, Appropriate Tags, Synopsis, Word Count, and your Gdocs Link (with sharing and comments enabled)
3) I will only accept Google Docs
as this is the most convenient to review with. If your story is on FiMFiction and you would like a review, please transfer the story over to Gdocs and enable sharing with comments.
4) NO 10,000 + WORD EPIC CHAPTERS
. My limit is 7K. No more, no less. I will be lenient if you go just a few words over; and by a few, I mean like ten to thirty, not one hundred to seven hundred. I gladly take resubmissions if edits have been made! Just keep in mind: I am not here to beta test your fic. I'm here to help make it better, so don't spam resubmissions.
5) I will accept most genres; however, there are some things that I will not accept, such as: heavy gore, most grimdark, shipping-focused stories (when the story is all about the relationship and not anything else), trollfics, poems, screenplays, and clopfics. I accept OC ponies, but be warned: because I like to think I specialize in OCs, I will be incredibly harsh on poorly written ones, so be sure to run tests prior to submission. Mary/Gary Stu tests can be found in the Training Grounds OP.
6) Keep in mind that I am a student. Because it is summer, I will be free most of the time. However, as the school year begins, I will take a little longer due to time constraints. Don't worry, I will get to your fic.
7) Please post both here and into my queue with the submissions form located at the bottom of this OP. If it's not in my queue, you're going to get ignored.
There; all done. *sighs * I feel much better. Like a weight has been lifted from my back! REFRESHING! Now pack your bags, mates. We're off to study the science… of FANFICTION!===========================================
I'm also on Ponychan! http://www.ponychan.net/chan/fic/res/112293.html
Submission Form: http://tinyurl.com/83koao8
My Fabulous Queue: http://tinyurl.com/76ytxwm
This post was edited by a moderator on .